Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bohrio wrote: »
    This community is very good and they are all very helpful and friendly, however, LFG is a different thing, you can find people that are nice and helpful dont get me wrong, but the vast majority arent.

Most of them are rude and it feels like they are doing you a favor. I dont mind when people are picky with the selection of players then want to play with. If you are experienced and you are looking for experienced players because you just want to get this over quickly then that's fine, or if you just want to help people that's fine too... but I dont like people without manners, like I would message them "Hi man, are you still looking for people?" and allI hear back is "light?"

That for me is an instant no... normally I would give them my light level and ask "and you?" and then hope for them to say 301 or 305, then I would go back and say "sorry, your light level is too low"... that kind of makes my day...
    I'd say > 90% of my experiences with LFG have been good tbh. Though the bolded part of your post is probably where we differ, if they want a certain light level that's completely up to them. If a group only has a certain amount of time to complete a raid, choosing a highly geared player merely lessens the amount of variables they have to worry about. Why get upset about it? Just move onto the next group, there's posts every couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Anyone doing a raid tonight before the reset? Or some it on banner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    What people ARE NOT doing (not you in particular Petking) is pre-arranging Raid groups (like, say I do), hence why if i'm raiding at 8pm, I'll post a message at 2pm and 6pm letting people know and then i'll form a dedicated 6-person chat to arrange it, if one of those 6 people bail, well that's a different matter.

Pre-scheulding is key really. I'm more than happy to take 4 or 6 newbies (at least as far as Oryx) in 2 groups this week once I get a "Quickie" out of the way on Tuesday with my Main (Warlock) as I want him to be as close to 310 as possible before the weekend

This is my problem with the raid. I can never guarantee a time to be on by, so never bother trying to get a pre arranged group going. In all, I've stepped inside KF three times: Fresh run up to and felling WarPriest, joined and killed Sisters, then joined and killed WarPriest last night and almost got Golgoroth.
    (The sooner the little fella gets his teeth the better :cool:)

Unless people are willing to do fresh runs and checkpoints at 10:30 or 11 (which I wouldn't expect just for me) I'm content with the random jump in's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

20th / Oct / 2015

#ReturnOfTheChimp

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

There goes the neighborhood...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,602 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

20th / Oct / 2015

#ReturnOfTheChimp

ZLZg11R.jpg

http://guardian.gg/ pretty cool website

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    http://guardian.gg/ pretty cool website

My stats from the last two days in Iron Banner

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    My stats from the last two days in Iron Banner

Wish I had of been playing with you! It must have been Hammertime all the time!

You raiding this eve?

Don't really understand how it works. Have Platinum in Rift but only a silver in rumble, must be really heavily linked to W/L.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd say > 90% of my experiences with LFG have been good tbh. Though the bolded part of your post is probably where we differ, if they want a certain light level that's completely up to them. If a group only has a certain amount of time to complete a raid, choosing a highly geared player merely lessens the amount of variables they have to worry about. Why get upset about it? Just move onto the next group, there's posts every couple of seconds.

Didnt see any bold bits but I agree with that. I often post "looking for experienced team" and I dont mind when people do the same thing, or even if they are looking for 310 only... Thats fine just move to the next one.

What bothers me is when they ask for experienced players or previous completions when they havent even done it themselves.

But again, it is easy for me to find a group on LFG, but try joining a group of randoms with a new character or if it was your first raid and you will see how difficult it is to find a group.

It took me over 35 minutes to find a group on LFG to do the nightfall with my 284 titan on Xbox... 35 minutes!!!

Takes me over 5 seconds to find one on PS4...
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I've been using the old shader and emblems because I'm a cheap skate and I still seem to be getting the extra rep. You can also equip the old class items when handing in the bounties I think.

Someone on reddit said any class item with the "extra crucible rep" perk works the same as an IB class item but I don't know for sure if that's true.

I was barely rank 3, turned in 2 + 1 weekly bounties, each gave me 1750 xp, brought me straight to rank 5... thank God I dont have to play IB again for another month... got the rifle and the sidearm (had to burn legendary marks so they wouldnt go to waste) so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

20th / Oct / 2015

#ReturnOfTheChimp

The New PS4 Chat is "Boards.ie Destiny: Touch of Malice Only", let me know when you want me to add you back in

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bohrio wrote: »

Takes me over 5 seconds to find one on PS4...

dont forget though that there are way more PS4 players than xb1 as well, so you've a bigger pool to draw from.

now, if I was a blatant troll, Id make a comment about how the PS4 has no exclusives and the xb1 players are all busy elsewhere, but that'd be childish:pac:

As for finding groups, theres always a good bunch of regulars on xb1, send out a few invites, you're still on my friends list from a year ago when you took myself and a few others through the VoF for the first time.

ZLZg11R.jpg

Looks like the Internet man is coming to the Chimp Household to connect me back into the Matrix. My body is ready!

Does anyone know of a good guide as to what I should be doing to level up / what guns I should be chasing?
    I had 3 level 34's last time I played.
    Think I'm going to spend a day or 2 on the missions and maybe level up a Stormcaller.

I won't be able to spend as much time online as before, so I'd like to be a bit realistic about what I can achieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

dont forget though that there are way more PS4 players than xb1 as well, so you've a bigger pool to draw from.

now, if I was a blatant troll, Id make a comment about how the PS4 has no exclusives and the xb1 players are all busy elsewhere, but that'd be childish:pac:

As for finding groups, theres always a good bunch of regulars on xb1, send out a few invites, you're still on my friends list from a year ago when you took myself and a few others through the VoF for the first time.

haha

I know but I was doing a nightfall on a saturday and most of you guys have already done it and dust it. I normally prefer not to bother anyone hence why I got to LFG...

I am looking forward to running a raid with the auld gang this week though, havent done that for a while...

Also, the xbox gang dont like us foreigner so much, specially mr bag.. :p

Does anyone know of a good guide as to what I should be doing to level up / what guns I should be chasing?

Do the following (kind of in order where possible)- Solo if needs must
    • Finish Act 1
    • Fallen Saber,
    • Blighted Coven,
    • Paradox,
    • Shield Brothers,
    • Entropys Pinnacle,
    • Outbound Signal.
    That should take you 6ish hours.

Then let me know and we can finish Act 2 together (I have the stuff I've listed above done already and don't want to redo any of it honestly) and do the 11 Strikes Quest and CoO Quest (all of this will take 2 evenings I would say) and you should be 280+ and ready to Raid.

It takes 3x 4->6hour sittings to get through Acts 1 and 2 and get ready for Act 3 (Raid and Blighted Worlds)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Wish I had of been playing with you! It must have been Hammertime all the time!

You raiding this eve?

I didn't play many games at all. Out of touch with PvP at the minute since TTK came out. Loving the IB Pulse and SA though.

Most kills I got with the Super was 4 but usually got 2-3 kills per super although I did get an across map kill on the one with the launchers :D

I need to do two raids so hope to get one done at least.

Looks like the Internet man is coming to the Chimp Household to connect me back into the Matrix. My body is ready!

Think I'm going to spend a day or 2 on the missions and maybe level up a Stormcaller.

I won't be able to spend as much time online as before, so I'd like to be a bit realistic about what I can achieve.

Basically just to that - work your way through the missions to begin with. Do what it is possible to do. Once you get to 40 then it is a case of trying to open everything up i.e. to open up the nightfall there is a quest to do 5 vanguard strikes and then 5 heroic strikes.

I will be doing the whole thing again come the weekend - going to bring my hunter back into the action. We might be able to do some of the later quests together on Saturday if you are around.

If you get stuck anywhere then post a message asking for some help.

The New PS4 Chat is "Boards.ie Destiny: Touch of Malice Only", let me know when you want me to add you back in

I only have the "Destiny Boards Clan Chat" and "Crucible Chat". Sure give me an invite but I'm probably too low level for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

what guns I should be chasing?

Helpful PvE weapon is 1000 Yard Stare sniper from the Vanguard.

But for everything else in between and as this probably hasn't been mentioned here before, Buy HUNG JURY SR4 from Dead Orbit.

• Advertisement

Hang on a sec, too many people are liking that post and I'm getting suspicious...
    Is this one of those max Gjallarhorn required to join in my special group deals?

I only have the "Destiny Boards Clan Chat" and "Crucible Chat"

Whooooosh

nocal wrote: »
    I will be doing the whole thing again come the weekend - going to bring my hunter back into the action. We might be able to do some of the later quests together on Saturday if you are around..

If you could tow the line with what i suggested above (getting about 2 hours into Act 2) we could 3 man all of Act 2 (the patrol champion kills and latter act missions are a pain) at some stage over the weekend maybe? Possibly Saturday Day/Evening

dudeeile wrote: »
    Helpful PvE weapon is 1000 Yard Stare sniper from the Vanguard..

1,000 Yard Stare is a Act 1 Quest Reward (I think) so no need to buy it, that coupled with Hung Jury and you're all set

20th / Oct / 2015

#ReturnOfTheChimp

Solvable, can we make this into a build up poster? Like one of the ones they had back in WWF (not the Panda one) back in the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Level 40 is reached with XP so thats the initial goal. After that its all about light with armour and now weapons light level contributing to your overall light level, plus artefacts and ghost shell also a factor.

It would be worth re-joining a faction as it allows you to donate materials/motes/synths to the faction in return for rep. Level up and receive armour/weapons. Dead Orbit sell the Hung Jury scout rifle Dude mentioned although if it doesn't drop you'll need legendary marks, the new vanguard/crucible marks replacement, to purchase it. Legenday marks are rewarded for finishing daily and weekly missions and crucible playlists, dismantling legendaries and so on. Super simple stuff from Bungie :D

Just checked - I have 0 marks on my account but a bunch of Vanguard and Crucible commendations. So I presume I can use them to gain marks.

Cheers for the advice all!

If you could tow the line with what i suggested above (getting about 2 hours into Act 2) we could 3 man all of Act 2 (the patrol champion kills and latter act missions are a pain) at some stage over the weekend maybe? Possibly Saturday Day/Evening

Yup. I will attempt to toe the line.

The only issue with the weekend will be hard raid attempts interfering with other plans.

I should be good to go around half 8 on Sat night. If Chimp can let us all know when he might be about then we can sync up - definitely makes the whole thing less painful.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can skip 90% of the Taken War questline on your alts just so you know, took me less than two hours to get to the point where I just had to run the raid for the 310 artefact with my two secondary characters. just need someone who has completed it all to invite you into the 4 different missions or alternatively start the missions on your main character that's already completed it then switch out. Obviously if you're helping someone run through them for the first time you won't be doing this.

• Advertisement

Just checked - I have 0 marks on my account but a bunch of Vanguard and Crucible commendations. So I presume I can use them to gain marks.

Cheers for the advice all!

No, they give 250 Faction Rep, not Marks.
    You will get some Marks playing through Act 1 and 2 and doing the Daily PvP and Weekly PvP x3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement