Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Only good thing no shard beyond is good for I am told is doing the heavy ammo glitch in CE raid!!!! Bought 3 today for each char, so no switching around in vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Only good thing no shard beyond is good for I am told is doing the heavy ammo glitch in CE raid!!!! Bought 3 today for each char, so no switching around in vault.

How does the NLB glitch work?
    I'm predicting a super buff for NLB in the next patch, although I'm guessing it's still gonna be ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

How does the NLB glitch work?

1) Select Hand Cannon (or NLB cause it has f**k all ammo)
    2) Empty your ammo until you have 1.5 clips left (12 in the mag, 6 in reserve for Fatebringer for example)*
    3) Empty ALL your heavy ammo.
    4) Don't empty you secondary ammo.
    5) Select Icebreaker
    6) All enemies you and team mates kill drop heavy ammo
    7) About 1 minute later your Ammo auto-regens. So wait for this to happen 1st before picking up any heavy ammo packs to give u even more heavy ammo
    8) Dance
    9) Wave
    10) Dance

*Personally I wait till I have 13 bullets left total, then reload and waster another 11 bullets.
    This means I have 1 in the mag and 1 in reserve, it works fine if you don't mess about waiting too long.
    Some players claim this is a bad idea as the ammo will regen when you reach less than 15% (i think) of potential ammo on your primary.
    I've not had that issue, or else the increased speed getting ammo back is irrelevant/negligible
    Cormac... wrote: »
    ROLL UP! ROLL UP!

It's the weekend and that can mean only one thing...

DRUNKEN RAIDING WITH CORMAC!

What Raids can I expect to see?
    Good question guardian. There will be 2xCE Normal and 2xVoG Normal and Possibly 2xCE Hard (or one if he gets a 2nd Abyss defiant)

What is drunken raiding with Cormac?
    If you've played a raid before then you're likely to know what to expect, simply imagine more off-key singing and Exotic Weapon pea-cocking.
    If you haven't played a raid before, not to worry, Cormac will sherpa you through with the utmost of patience. You'll learn everything you need to know about each raid mechanic except for that one thing he'll forget to mention that will result in your death.

When can I get involved in what is surely to be an eye opening experience into just how long 4 other peoples patience can endure?
    Probably Friday night if Cormacs missus is in a good mood, maybe Saturday if he gets wiped by "Fiances Gaze" while trying to solo a run to the gaming room.

Who can sign up?
    Anyone with decent weapons and armour. You will need to bring lvl30 Puns, at least a 331 Damage "Rhyming Wordplay" and any secondary with "Cormac burn" (VoG comment upon generating an unnecessary wipe).

How will I know I can be part of this elite group?
    Some sort of weird "1st come 1st served" system where inevitably Cormac will abandon someone who has long ago said they would be up for it. You can be sure that there will be a delay of anywhere between 30minutes and a full hour between the proposed start time and when Cormac will "era will I just start it there while I build this cigarette so yeah?"

Will Cormac be sure to let everyone know he'll be doing the Relic and Sword?
    Data mining from previous runs suggests he'll let you know somewhere between 10 and 15 times

Can we expect to see more of the Cormac Orb Easter Egg?
    Yes, upon request Cormac can unlock a hidden perk that will allow you to see what a guardian looks like as an Orb. The likelyhood of other guardians receiving nagging advice during this period doubles.

Are bulls**t excuses for wipes likely?
    Yes, they are encouraged. Feel free to complain about Pretorians killing you on Mars.

What guns should I bring?
    No-Land-Beyond and a pre-DLC dropped Shadow Price that has all them sweet perks

What about playing Iron Banner
    Various raid runs will be interspresed with Iron Banner matches. Blood alcohol levels will make this a hilarious a** kicking walk in the park or a brutal crushing defeat.

That's what she said?
    That's what she said.

Am I allowed to speculate on future patches or DLC?
    No, this is generally reserved for the players who can make the most outlandish sweeping statements about how the VoG will have 4 difficulties tiers. Players will be contacted in advance to pre-prepare absolute horses**t to tell each other.

What drops can I expect?
    You are guaranteed Gjallahorn (provided you don't need it) and 4 people will get the Last Word.

Are there any side affects?
    Yes, "Weight of head-wrecking", "Mark of the Unhelpful" and "Drunk singers bane" will all come into play at various stages

Who else can I expect to meet on my Travels?
    • Sky Sports News Guy
    • "I just want to get the Scout Rifle from Crota" guy
    • The guy who will try and convince you Pulse Rifles are currently helpful
    • "The heavy ammo bug isn't working for me" guy
    • Something something College, something something Tinder guy
    • Can you kill that Oracle Roni... GT... Ron...Mark
    • That one female
    • "I've never done this bit" guy
    • Underwhelmed Vex Mythoclast drop guy
    • Light of the Abyss guy
    • Better singing guy
    • The guy who does f**k all damage to the Oracles
    • "I'm in Spain and I'm gonna Lag this server into the ground!" guy
    • Mr Try to Solo the Gorgans maze and Fail
    • Platforming Section Guardian Down

Also, I forgot to mention on the back of this that if we do end up doing Crota on Hard, can someone please ensure they mention how "1 guy soloed the whole hard in raid in like 20 minutes" right as we're getting a few good runs going and confidence is growing that we can beat him. That should crushing crash back down to reality is becoming a requirement at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Blue fusion rifles on sale for the next 40 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Good man, needed three

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I might just get home from work in time. Need 7 at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I might just get home from work in time. Need 7 at the minute.

We're rooting for ya.

Buuuut, if ya miss it: www.isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com

dudeeile wrote: »
    We're rooting for ya.

Buuuut, if ya miss it: www.isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com

Made it in time. Just nightfall kills now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Made it in time. Just nightfall kills now.

Finally a use for Omnigul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

dudeeile wrote: »
    Finally a use for Omnigul

Omnigul with no burns and lightswitch is probably the worst nightfall to get kills.

Mostly because of the two stabby captains at the beginning, those two are pretty hard to solo... but once you get them the rest is pretty easy (I mean the rest until the next part)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Have 26 coins - was gonna splash out on Voidfang Vestments for my Warlock who desperately needs decent armor. Said I'd spend some motes on the engram first just in case I got something good for him. What did I get when I decoded with my hunter. Yep Voidfang Vestments - sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Messages are not working well again on PS4. Making it difficult to arrange anything.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well, no heavy synths for me after all . Meant to hop on after work to stock up but I was an hour down the road heading home for the weekend before I realised that I didn't go near the Xbox when I was packing. Oh well :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I had a go at my first Crota hard mode Raid last night. It was going very well but I had to quit out at the Thralway. I did manage to get a primary weapon called Abyss Defiant.

It looks like a good replacement for the VoC. A primary with Solar damage and 331 attack level.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well, no heavy synths for me after all . Meant to hop on after work to stock up but I was an hour down the road heading home for the weekend before I realised that I didn't go near the Xbox when I was packing. Oh well :o

Get someone to log in for you and buy them like the day you needed the gauntlets.

Any of the xbbox fancy running two Croatas today or tomorrow ? I don't mind doing normal or hard.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get someone to log in for you and buy them like the day you needed the gauntlets.

Any of the xbbox fancy running two Croatas today or tomorrow ? I don't mind doing normal or hard.

I have moved house and the Xbox is locked in my room for the weekend, not an option anymore unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm around later on Emmet - need to run Crota on my hunter - either mode is fine by me. I should be online from 7

I had a go at my first Crota hard mode Raid last night. It was going very well but I had to quit out at the Thralway. I did manage to get a primary weapon called Abyss Defiant.

It looks like a good replacement for the VoC. A primary with Solar damage and 331 attack level.

Abyss Defiant is a great weapon, its like a legendary version of the Suros Regime.

Abyss Defiant is a great weapon, its like a legendary version of the Suros Regime.

+1 on that. I've an abyss defiant for each of my characters as their 'standard' primary. Great weapon

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have moved house and the Xbox is locked in my room for the weekend, not an option anymore unfortunately.

Ah well you run sword a lot of the time so you won't be to bad. The rest of us can cover you.

Sounds good Merry.

Also want to do Gorgan checkpoint for an exotic and Atheon 3 times to try get a Vex :)

• Advertisement

Ah well you run sword a lot of the time so you won't be to bad. The rest of us can cover you.

Sounds good Merry.

Also want to do Gorgan checkpoint for an exotic and Atheon 3 times to try get a Vex :)

I am going to be online in a couple of hours, I have the gorgons checkpoint if you want it man and I can help with Atheon as well, I also need to run crota (normal and hard) once each on my warlock!

Mick! Give me your username and password and I will log in on your behalf and steal your ghorn.. I mean, buy you heavy ammo!!! ooooppss ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Jaysus lads the craic on the mic last night was nothing short of ****in EPIC. Two raids back to back (CE and VOG) and then about 4 hrs of IB all under the influence was just a night to remember. I never laughed as much in my life with 5 other grown men with low IQ's.......!!!

Big thanx to all who was online with me last night.....did not think it was possible for a grown man to piss himself with laughter.

:p:p:p

Sounds good Merry.

Haven't run VoG at all this week with my Hunter or Warlock. I'd happily blast away on raids this evening - it's a quiet weekend here at Despot Towers.

Bohrio wrote: »
    I am going to be online in a couple of hours, I have the gorgons checkpoint if you want it man and I can help with Atheon as well, I also need to run crota (normal and hard) once each on my warlock!

Mick! Give me your username and password and I will log in on your behalf and steal your ghorn.. I mean, buy you heavy ammo!!! ooooppss ;)

Cool. Send me a message when your on.

Cool. Send me a message when your on.

Great I will be on in a few minutes, no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Bought 450 Heavy Ammo Synths :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Xur is going to have a lot of strange coins to take to the bank when he leaves this weekend.
    Wonder if bungie will let people know how many heavy ammo syn were bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jaysus lads the craic on the mic last night was nothing short of ****in EPIC. Two raids back to back (CE and VOG) and then about 4 hrs of IB all under the influence was just a night to remember. I never laughed as much in my life with 5 other grown men with low IQ's.......!!!

Big thanx to all who was online with me last night.....did not think it was possible for a grown man to piss himself with laughter.

:p:p:p

Apparently I woke my missus up with my "high pitched voice" when I was taking about double meatball marinaras, she was not impressed. The Anti-Craic herself :pac:

Rolled the dice with two exotic chest engrams, Heart of the practice fire for my Warlock, happy days :D

(and a chest of alpha lupi for a Titan I don't have, but w/e :pac: )

• Advertisement

I got HOTPF from the nightfall last week - great chest piece for the warlock alright.

I rolled the Armamentarium with great stats for my Titan from the engram and picked up the Voidfang for my warlock as well (good stat roll).

But the thing I'm happiest about is that my hunter finally hit 32! I had to get Crest of the Alpha Lupi to get there as the chest piece stubbornly refuses to drop for the hunter (but keeps dropping for my titan and warlock). I know that the first run of Crota that I do as 32 will drop the chest ... now that I no longer need it.

My Titan is within sniffing distance of 32 ... but the warlock needs the helmet and boots to get there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement