Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I got HOTPF from the nightfall last week - great chest piece for the warlock alright.

Yeah, seems good alright, looks very nice too. The main attraction with it though, is that auld squid lips has never sold it, so its not as common as some of the other chest pieces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bought this on PS4 today,should i be looking to grab the DLC straight away or am i not missing anything?

Not sure how the dlc ties into the raids etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EoinHef wrote: »
    Bought this on PS4 today,should i be looking to grab the DLC straight away or am i not missing anything?

Not sure how the dlc ties into the raids etc

Don't buy the dlc yet, it contains all high level activities including a second raid. If you like the game when you reach the mid 20s level wise I would consider picking it up, otherwise you probably won't get much out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finally found the one thing that I was missing from my armoury, an Arc Primary. I got the Oversoul Edict from the Abyss checkpoint in HM Crota tonight.

Should make those pesky Arc Nightfalls much easier.

It also looks like quite a good gun. When I read it was a pulse rifle I was slightly disappointed but I see it can be fired in full auto mode. So that's handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I finally found the one thing that I was missing from my armoury, an Arc Primary. I got the Oversoul Edict from the Abyss checkpoint in HM Crota tonight.

Should make those pesky Arc Nightfalls much easier.

It also looks like quite a good gun. When I read it was a pulse rifle I was slightly disappointed but I see it can be fired in full auto mode. So that's handy.

It's not too bad. I found it useful on the arc burn Omnigul a while back ... but since then Fatebringer dropped for me in the VoG and this is now my go to primary (not even for arc burn NFs ... but pretty much everything). 13 round hand cannon with the Outlaw (speedy reloads after precision kills) and Firefly (precision kills cause target to explode doing damage to anything nearby) makes you aim for the head/precision point every time - even if only to make them go boom!

I'd still use Oversoul on any arc burn NF where I knew I was going to be dealing with rushing enemies - like Omnigul. Definitely worth upgrading it - I think it has 'perfect balance' as well - so you end up with an extremely stable fast firing pulse rifle (albeit of the 'low impact' variety).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lvl 28 now. Forgot that I didn't upgrade my helmet to a legendary :P will hopefully hit 29 after those regular upgrades of it. Also might buy the expansion pass soon..€35 and it seems weeklys and dailys might revolved around DLC from now til HoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

It's not too bad. I found it useful on the arc burn Omnigul a while back ... but since then Fatebringer dropped for me in the VoG and this is now my go to primary (not even for arc burn NFs ... but pretty much everything). 13 round hand cannon with the Outlaw (speedy reloads after precision kills) and Firefly (precision kills cause target to explode doing damage to anything nearby) makes you aim for the head/precision point every time - even if only to make them go boom!

I'd still use Oversoul on any arc burn NF where I knew I was going to be dealing with rushing enemies - like Omnigul. Definitely worth upgrading it - I think it has 'perfect balance' as well - so you end up with an extremely stable fast firing pulse rifle (albeit of the 'low impact' variety).

I'm another one waiting for the Fatebringer to drop but bagged the Fang of Ir Yut during the week so well chuffed to finally have an arc primary also.

Also looking forward to the pulse rifle buff to see how improved the likes of Red Death and Oversoul are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Edict could be useful after the 10% buff, Fang and Fatebringer are better though.

AdamD wrote: »
    Edict could be useful after the 10% buff, Fang and Fatebringer are better though.

Well this is Destiny folks and as such beggars can't be choosers. Over 200 hours and I get my first primary Arc weapon. I'll be very happy with my Oversoul Edict.

I am suffering serious Destiny burnout. I think I've hit the wall.

I spent most of my time online yesterday grinding bounties to level up gjallarhorn and thorn - repetitive grindy grind. Go shoot the Archon priest in the head. Change character. Go shoot the Archon priest in the head etc etc.

There is zero interesting content for this game anymore. If none of the usual raiding gang are online and doing stuff it gets boring quite fast. Quiet night on last night with not many people around - I played for about 20 minutes and then went off to do something else. Solo-ing this game just isn't fun - without the communal thing of raiding it gets pretty boring.

And I guess if all the online leaks are to be believed House of Wolves is pretty much going to give us more of the same (as we had in the Dark Below). So ... I guess there'll be a few weeks of fun to be had in the new content before it becomes repetitive again.

I can understand now how some many of the regular players have become nightfall/raid only players - coming on after the reset to run the NF and raids, then leaving it sit until Xur day (to see if he has anything worth buying) ... but otherwise waiting again for the next reset.

• Advertisement

I am suffering serious Destiny burnout. I think I've hit the wall.

I spent most of my time online yesterday grinding bounties to level up gjallarhorn and thorn - repetitive grindy grind. Go shoot the Archon priest in the head. Change character. Go shoot the Archon priest in the head etc etc.

There is zero interesting content for this game anymore. If none of the usual raiding gang are online and doing stuff it gets boring quite fast. Quiet night on last night with not many people around - I played for about 20 minutes and then went off to do something else. Solo-ing this game just isn't fun - without the communal thing of raiding it gets pretty boring.

And I guess if all the online leaks are to be believed House of Wolves is pretty much going to give us more of the same (as we had in the Dark Below). So ... I guess there'll be a few weeks of fun to be had in the new content before it becomes repetitive again.

I can understand now how some many of the regular players have become nightfall/raid only players - coming on after the reset to run the NF and raids, then leaving it sit until Xur day (to see if he has anything worth buying) ... but otherwise waiting again for the next reset.

I feel pretty much the same. I hit level 32 during the week and that was my goal. Now that is done I'm not sure what is drawing me back other than force of habit.

I still need to level up Eris Morn, I'm level 3 and I think I will keep doing her bounties until I get to level 4. After that, I'm not sure. Probably just do the Nighfall and the occasional Raid. Looking forward to new content though.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I feel you man. I've been like that for some time. It's only fun doing the high level stuff with others. I'd still like a CE normal run today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Iron banner buff + shader + emblem + 5 medallions = 605 points. Will defo get to Rank 4 might sneak to 5 if I get a good run going.

I feel you man. I've been like that for some time. It's only fun doing the high level stuff with others. I'd still like a CE normal run today

I'm on for that Steve - still need to run CE with my hunter. If AJ is on today we can at least get to the Deathsinger with the three of us - better if there are a few more around though.

Anyone else fancy a run at CE on X1 this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I'm on for that Steve - still need to run CE with my hunter. If AJ is on today we can at least get to the Deathsinger with the three of us - better if there are a few more around though.

I'd be up for it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd be on for it too if I manage to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Have to say I've enjoyed iron banner and getting to 5. A crap load of games I was bang average at best, if not down right poor. But the games where I both knew what to do, and was able to do it, while the other randoms were concentrating on sound tactics?? Great fun! May actually start playing some crucible from now on.

Best game got a 6k score... I'm a game we lost 20k to 18something.

Had a couple of very controlled games on the Mars maps. Not big scores myself but a winning margin of near 10k. Kill them as they run towards you. Brill! Had another great game on Venus. Started on A, but got C and B fairly quick and then the team just ran between b and c, never advancing towards or even thinking about a. Easy win. easy. Great fun being in a game like that. Horrible being on the other side!

Still have to go glimmer farming before bed tomorrow night so I can buy the armour and shotgun. Only got the scout so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I have the Crota checkpoint on hard of that's any good ?
    Myself, Borio and Gerard 3 manned normal yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Cool. I'll message AJ. I want to run it with my Sunsinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Anyone have a gorgon checkpoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thebag89 wrote: »
    Anyone have a gorgon checkpoint

Gerard might. We did it yesterday but jumped to Atheon then. I think he switched characters before Atheon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did three nightfalls and got shards, energies and the Venetion. Been months since anything decent dropped . Omnigol came up in a Roc strike last night. Was going to quit but muddled through and got the 4th horseman.
    Probably should have quit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks to Merry, Steve and Mick for carrying me through Crota last night. First time doing it start to finish and twas a learning experience.

Also got raid helmet and leg armour which lays a nice road to getting over 30 where I currently languish.

Also got the Black Hammer which is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Anyone get some good loot or rerolls from IB? I got a Timur's with Return to Sender, Exsplosive rds and Luck in the Chamber. Pretty decent. Rolled the shotgun with Final Round and Shot Package, with is apparently desirable going by Reddit.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I have the Gorgon Checkpoint if any of you lads want ( gtroni - PS4 )

Actually got another Montecarlo, and Roni a Reddeath from it yesterday evening.

Laughed out loud to this one :

Cormac :
    Who else can I expect to meet on my Travels?
    Sky Sports News Guy
    "I just want to get the Scout Rifle from Crota" guy
    The guy who will try and convince you Pulse Rifles are currently helpful
    "The heavy ammo bug isn't working for me" guy
    Something something College, something something Tinder guy
    Can you kill that Oracle Roni... GT... Ron...Mark
    That one female
    "I've never done this bit" guy
    Underwhelmed Vex Mythoclast drop guy
    Light of the Abyss guy
    Better singing guy
    The guy who does f**k all damage to the Oracles
    "I'm in Spain and I'm gonna Lag this server into the ground!" guy
    Mr Try to Solo the Gorgans maze and Fail
    Platforming Section Guardian Down

First time doing the Iron Banner to L5! Got the armor pieces aaaand the shotgun.

Lads, I am confused with the re-rolled. to much choice ... i can't commit. Now, I just rerolled it a couple of times, got void burn and I think I am happy with it.

Got Timur's Lash as a drop ... have no idea what to look for.

As for the scout rifle ... is it worth it ? will I ever use a scout rifle in the crucible ? really not convinced i should get it.

It's a good scout rifle but I got the old one, ranked it up and never used it again. Same with the fusion rifle.
    As for hand cannon perks I guess some elemental damage, explosive rounds or a bullet doing extra damage would all be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I have no MoL to re-roll anything as I needed to take a chance that ole spermy face would give me a V2.0 HotPF for my MoL.... which he did not. Buying the tempered buff every day for 2 characters all week did not help either.

I might be wrong here, but I'm not sure if you can roll any type of elemental damage on the primaries. Think they are kinetic only

Some of the guys were telling me HotPF was quite rare. I've had it ages and rarely used it. Have all chestplates now having bought the Alphi Lupi for the Titan on Friday. Bought 3 engrams for shards and got the Alphi Lupi again and the HotPF again.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Ah, I did that recently - bought 8 exotic helmet engram ... I got some cool ones ( kept 4 or 5 I think ) but not what i wanted( mask of the third man )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Here's a summary of what it's been like for anyone who has played Iron Banner with me in the last 6 days:

5RoMi9s.jpg?1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement