Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My experience of Iron Banner.

Damn... on A. F**k.
    (a few minutes later).
    Ok, we got B and C, not lets just hold this...
    "You have captured point A!"
    NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Actually had a very good run on IB this time around, would say my win percentage was a lot higher than last time I did it. My overall K/D in crucible (99% IB) is still below 1 though. #sadface. Got from 0 to level 5 playing a little on Wednesday, then a lot on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and a bit on Sunday morning. Picked up the Shotgun and the Scout, no money left to get anything else. Got two Timur Lash drops along the way.

No have Timurs Lash, IB Scout and Raid Scout to upgrade. Have to upgrade the Husk of the Pit too as I got the crux the other day as well. Heard it is crap right from husk of the pit through to its exotic form.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Scout Rifle has Fate Bringer perks, definitely worth it for PvE, as for PVP I think they may become useful after the patch which nerfs Hand Cannon range.

Against All Odds does a similar job to Jolder's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Started using the Dead Orbit machine gun recently - Deviant Gravity A. Got a void one to drop somehow. Was using it in IB this week and it is awesome.
    Not as stable as Corrective Measures but puts people down so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Got over my PVP tentativeness and jumped in to Iron Banner for first time last Tues, got Level 5 yesterday, went on major glimmer run and bought everything. Have nearly all upgrades on armor unlocked, just have to get some more glimmer and shards to max them out. Great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

AdamD wrote: »
    The Scout Rifle has Fate Bringer perks, definitely worth it for PvE, as for PVP I think they may become useful after the patch which nerfs Hand Cannon range.

Against All Odds does a similar job to Jolder's.

**** man, now you got me thinking ... it would just take me a glimmer run ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

**** man, now you got me thinking ... it would just take me a glimmer run ...

If you put in all that effort to get to Level 5, don't pass up the opportunity...

redt0m wrote: »
    If you put in all that effort to get to Level 5, don't pass up the opportunity...
    thats what I would say too - I had no interest in the shot gun, never use them, but there was not chance I was not going to buy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Many MGs come close to Jolders Hammer.... but are not quiet up there if you don't get a good roll on the JH.
    300 JH > 331 Machine Gun
    That being said, high impact MGs for the win!

AAo7Ylf.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    Thanks to Merry, Steve and Mick for carrying me through Crota last night. First time doing it start to finish and twas a learning experience.

Also got raid helmet and leg armour which lays a nice road to getting over 30 where I currently languish.

Also got the Black Hammer which is nice.

You did well man. It was a quick run with very few wipes. You got some good drops too.

Yesterday I finally got the last few pieces of Raid armour to get my Warlock and Titan to level 32. I think I have enough shards too, so think I'll be on grinding this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm just glad you got some decent drops at last Quad!

Steve - I'm not online but drop me a message if you're going on and want to buddy up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Hey guys just sent a clan request there, psn is saltyminge2800 and i have 3 level 32 characters . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well that's the iron banner gauntlets and boots for my second character :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

All hail the glory that is Jolder's Hammer, may it beat you down your enemies on the anvil of it's awesomeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

hey guys i joined clan1 should i have joined clan 2 and then set it as ps4 clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Destiny and Bungie.net are being taken offline for maintenance on Tuesday, February 24th, from 10AM Pacific to Noon.

Bohrio wrote: »
    Destiny and Bungie.net are being taken offline for maintenance on Tuesday, February 24th, from 10AM Pacific to Noon.

So 6 - 8 tomorrow evening ... ah well ... at least most people won't log on until after 8.

So 6 - 8 tomorrow evening ... ah well ... at least most people won't log on until after 8.

You can usually get on if you've logged on in the past few days.

Got two exotic weapons in the past two days. Now have two left to get. The Necromancer and the god damn fupping jellyhorn

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ran 3 Crota Normals plus 2 VOG Hards yesterday and got a few shards, still need 58 more to get my titan and hunter to 32, the Hunter Helm, 3 speeder bikes and 2 ships !! On each raid someone got an exotic ... either the HardLight, Red Death or P&T, so hopefully after doing another 20 or so raids the Suros will drop for me.

Oh forgot i got the Crota shotgun and fusion, just need the hand cannon for the full set now. But havent done the hard raid yet.

On a side note i reckon the nightfall/heroic will be Va'alus Ta'uric with those poxy yellow void Psions !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Ran 3 Crota Normals plus 2 VOG Hards yesterday and got a few shards, still need 58 more to get my titan and hunter to 32, the Hunter Helm, 3 speeder bikes and 2 ships !! On each raid someone got an exotic ... either the HardLight, Red Death or P&T, so hopefully after doing another 20 or so raids the Suros will drop for me.

Oh forgot i got the Crota shotgun and fusion, just need the hand cannon for the full set now. But havent done the hard raid yet.

On a side note i reckon the nightfall/heroic will be Va'alus Ta'uric with those poxy yellow void Psions !!

If you haven't done hard Crota how do you just need the hand cannon when primaries only drop on hard ?

We did 3 Crota hard runs last night with a check point. Was pretty easy as we had a decent sword guy. Got 2 scout rifles, the handcannon, a monte carlo, a shader, some shards n energies and two sparrows. Still need some armour (CP or Helm & no help from IB this time) to get the hunter to 32 - just won't drop. Ran the Hunter the whole way through on normal and hard this week. Starting to feel like VoG all over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

my mistake (its very early and probably still a bit drunk from a wedding the weekend).... also need the scout. I got the pulse and auto from being an orb when someone (might have been TheBag or Gerard3) solo'd the first part of Crota.

So if anyone would like to kindly volunteer sheparding me through Hard Mode it would be greatly appreciated

Mcsirl wrote: »
    my mistake (its very early and probably still a bit drunk from a wedding the weekend).... also need the scout. I got the pulse and auto from being an orb when someone (might have been TheBag or Gerard3) solo'd the first part of Crota.

So if anyone would like to kindly volunteer sheparding me through Hard Mode it would be greatly appreciated

You get the Pulse from the Abyss. The auto rifle from the Bridge. And then Hand Cannon and Scout from Crota. Your not doing to bad so.

Val Taurac today guys. No burns again :(

Two weeks of horrid bullet sponges with no burn?

Another week I won't be arsed to do the Nighfall.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Val Taurac today guys. No burns again :(

Why? Because screw you guys - we're Bungie!

This will be slooooow.

Epic, Lightswitch and Juggler. Those Phalanx. NO THANKS. See you next week night fall!

slow as **** ahahah

got that IB scout rifle yesterday, let's see how is it

Two weeks in a row I'll be skipping it. I have ran 5/6 nightfalls a week at least since launch and last week was the first time I didn't do them. Now two weeks in a row.
    I have Sunset Overdrive and Shadow of Mordor and Resident Evil which will be getting played from now on I think.

Epic, Lightswitch and Juggler. Those Phalanx. NO THANKS. See you next week night fall!

There's a pretty big group I play with now & nearly always someone who needs a NF. I don't mind helping but everytime one like this comes along a little piece of me dies. Probably have to run it 5-10 times. Nothing can be worse than last weeks. Ran three for people last night and was almost crying near the end.

• Advertisement

Ran 3 x Nightfall and 3 x Weekly last Tuesday ... even though it's a pain, I got 2 exotic drop I think ... 3 exotic drop the week before. So I'll still be doing 3 NF this week :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement