Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My main reason for not doing it is there is only two exotics I want.

Ruin Wings.
    Thunderlord.

I have every other exotic weapon or armour that I want. Rumours are Thunderlord will be sold by Xur within the next week or two - Ruin Wings ahve been sold before so will likely be sold again; so no need to not have fun playing destiny by wasting time on these not difficult but utterly boring Nightfalls.

Will concentrate on doing a few runs on Crota and my bounties. Might even do some crucible!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Might even do some crucible!

Well hello there :)

So after the following kicks to the nads I'm starting to find it hard to motivate myself to play as much:
    • Lvl33 Bullet Sponger Majors in Crotas End Hard mode - Particularly clearing the Ir Yut checkpoint.
    • The sheer amount of DLC exotic weapons Xur has sold in recent weeks
    • All the new Exotics (and some of the old ones like SGA, Invective, UR, MC) are cr@p
    • The volume of times we've had Omniguls strike since DLC launched.
    • Nightfalls with Juggler/Lightswitch but no Burn, I get it's meant to be hard, but that's just tedious (Beta Spider Tank anyone?)
    • Iron Banner only giving light 36 boots and gloves (whats so f**king special about the Helm and Chest Piece? Most people use exotic helms anyway), this IB would have been the perfect oppurtunity to introduce them.
    • Croata getting up really fast, last night was the 1st time I killed him on Hard when I was the sword bearer, thank f**k I was the host

I think I'll start levelling up my Titan for the next while, wanna know the reason? So I can bin most of the sub lvl20 weapons she has and use her as a pack mule.... that's right.... I'm essentially going to go away and level up a backpack with legs as I know the Vault won't be fixed in the next few weeks.

I'm probably still gonna do drunk raids.... cause really it's just the other people playing with me that keep me coming back.... that and moments like last night with the 2 Gatekeepers committing suicide like lemmings and when I managed to kill myself with my own Nova Bomb while we were waiting for sword 2 on Hard Crota! Who knew that was even a thing?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I have every other exotic weapon or armour that I want. Rumours are Thunderlord will be sold by Xur within the next week or two - Ruin Wings ahve been sold before so will likely be sold again;

Many rumours were floating about last week and Bungie still shoved the ****house shard rifle that is universally loathed out the door so I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Ruin Wings would be awesome though - if I got them all my armour maxed out gets me to 32.

quad_red wrote: »
    Many rumours were floating about last week and Bungie still shoved the ****house shard rifle that is universally loathed out the door so I wouldn't get your hopes up!

Ruin Wings would be awesome though - if I got them all my armour maxed out gets me to 32.
    Rumours I read in the last week or so (from one source).

Heavy Ammo Synths and NLB from Xur last week - correct.
    Omnigul no burn last week - correct.
    Val'us no burn this week - correct.

Info apparently data mined from the game, scheduling can apparently be read.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Thunderlord pop up soon as a result.

• Advertisement

Rumours I read in the last week or so (from one source).

Heavy Ammo Synths and NLB from Xur last week - correct.
    Omnigul no burn last week - correct.
    Val'us no burn this week - correct.

Info apparently data mined from the game, scheduling can apparently be read.

Where did you read that?

I just looked up Thunderlord there to see what people say about it. And given how much grief I had with Urzok, this made me laugh
    Piazza03 225 points 1 month ago
    As a fellow Thunderlord owner, I approve this message. I love camping at Skywatch and helping everyone mow down Urzok and his band of merry b*tch*s.

This would please me, I only need that, the 4th Horseman and Necrochasm to complete the Weapon set.... And I want Light of the Abyss too and a 2nd Abyss Defiant
    Where did you read that?

Reddit I'd imagine. Bungie.net is a cesspool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Problem with the NF's is that so many people are now 30 plus they're actually quite easy. Unfortunately simply removing the burn to make it longer doesn't equate to them being more fun.

Have some crappy exotics I need to level up and will never use. Have 34 including duplicates with 20 fully ranked. Fully ranked up the Invective (which was a chore in itself) in the folorn belief it would become amazing on the last level up. It didn't.

Bad Ju Ju has been a pleasant suprise I have to say and can't wait for it to be buffed but
    - Universal Remote
    - No Light Beyond
    - The Fourth Horseman
    are going to be painful

Cormac... wrote: »
    Well hello there :)
    As per your later post - it is getting harder to motivate myself to play the PvE game for the same reasons, but I don't want to stop playing altogether. Bounties and Raiding with the people in the clan/chat is good fun. Figure running crucible for nothing but fun in a team with others from the chat/clan would be a good laugh too. Would be nice to see a few of the other maps in the game, only really played the IB map list.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

What's the point in upgrading ones you won't use? I've all of the exotics bar 2 but I've fully upgraded maybe 8 of them..

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    What's the point in upgrading ones you won't use? I've all of the exotics bar 2 but I've fully upgraded maybe 8 of them..

OCD, it's a real problem for me.

another thing I would like actually - a 331 read death. have a pre-dlc version and can't be arsed upgrading it to 300. Figure a 331 would be useful for Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I wont be running anything till im off on Thursday anyway, but if anyone wants to helpout give me a shout.

I run the Ruin Wings and Thunderlord on my Titan, its great for Atheon, i put max ammo on instead of stability for him as the bullet spread is managable and you can get him a third of the way down on your own with weapons of light on 1 clip ! Its the only LMG i use and tbh only for Atheon, dont really rate the LMG's and have all the rest i think.

another thing I would like actually - a 331 read death. have a pre-dlc version and can't be arsed upgrading it to 300. Figure a 331 would be useful for Crota.

TBH we all thought that as well and it's actually not. I was using it yesterday but once you have the armour that allows you regen health via orbs the Red Death is pretty much redundant.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    TBH we all thought that as well and it's actually not. I was using it yesterday but once you have the armour that allows you regen health via orbs the Red Death is pretty much redundant.
    None of my armour drops of either Titan have that perk, unfortunately. I can use the bubble, obviously, but sometimes I would like health regen witout wasting a bubble, as I generally need it from Boomer distraction duty.

gimli2112 wrote: »

It's extremely helpful if you're the sword bearer (when you are on the ledge on Hard Mode, before/as you jump down to get the Sword) as at least you're guaranteed it'll give health on killing a thrall and sometimes getting meleed while going for the Sword is real annoying and Suros doesn't always work. It's all well and good when you're back in the crystal room between swords, but during Sword runs, it can be the difference between life and death, and I say that as an avid Pulse Rifle Hater!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Armamentarium from NF. With a massive 18 kills. :-)

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's extremely helpful if you're the sword bearer (when you are on the ledge on Hard Mode, before/as you jump down to get the Sword) as at least you're guaranteed it'll give health on killing a thrall and sometimes getting meleed while going for the Sword is real annoying and Suros doesn't always work. It's all well and good when you're back in the crystal room between swords, but during Sword runs, it can be the difference between life and death, and I say that as an avid Pulse Rifle Hater!

I leave the sword bearer shennanigans to the advanced players :pac:

As per your later post - it is getting harder to motivate myself to play the PvE game for the same reasons, but I don't want to stop playing altogether. Bounties and Raiding with the people in the clan/chat is good fun. Figure running crucible for nothing but fun in a team with others from the chat/clan would be a good laugh too. Would be nice to see a few of the other maps in the game, only really played the IB map list.

What I do is grab a load of achievable PvP bounties before I log out most days and check again the next time I log in, with some luck you can end up carrying 10 PvP bounties that suit your class. I don't find the time vs reward of doing Vanguard bounties to be worth it when you're sitting on 300 of each material type. So every 2nd day I'll do like 6 games of control. I pretty much exclusively do PvP bounties now.

Somebody made a Nerf Destiny gun:
    http://imgur.com/a/1ohsM

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got a legendary fusion rifle(the calming) from the nightfall, I've already gotten in a few times so bleh, maybe I'll have better luck on my other characters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

wexdevil wrote: »
    Got a legendary fusion rifle(the calming) from the nightfall, I've already gotten in a few times so bleh, maybe I'll have better luck on my other characters

Got that last night from a cryptarch leveling up engram. Void fusion might end up being useful.

Got that last night from a cryptarch leveling up engram. Void fusion might end up being useful.

Got it last week and put it in the vault cos it rolled Arc damage and I've already got Murmur.

Was going to shard it towards the ten fusions I have to shard to get Pocket Infinity.

Anyone know how often the Gunsmith in the Tower sells blue fusions?

Often enough Quad - he changes stock every three hours, so probably a good chance of once a day or every two days.

I just need one more to get the PI bounty done - then it's just NF fusion rifle kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've just to get the NF kills for PI then I'm done :D pity im only level 28 and kills in the nightfall are harder than usual

Gunsmith also sells the blue fusion rifles quite often. I bought all 10 of mine in one go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've just to get the NF kills for PI then I'm done :D pity im only level 28 and kills in the nightfall are harder than usual

Gunsmith also sells the blue fusion rifles quite often. I bought all 10 of mine in one go :)

Wait until thre is a burn on the nightfall then use an appropriate burn fusion rifle.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Wait until thre is a burn on the nightfall then use an appropriate burn fusion rifle.

IIRC it is solar burn you have to use for PI isn't it?

EDIT: No, I was wrong. Any fusion. I just want it to be solar burn so my Vex will eat the bounty up.

Thursday Raid Night

There are four of us looking to put together a regular six man raid party to run both raids on a certain night a week (not necessarily Thursday). Three are boards folks (myself, Quad Red and SteveDPirate) and another mate.

We all have different levels of time to spend on Destiny - I'm probably on most nights and the others are on when time permits, but I'm sure we could all agree on being online one night every week at the same time to permit raiding.

So are there any regular X1 players who want to buddy up with us four on a regular/organized basis?

Experience isn't essential - if you're new to raiding we'll be able to help you through ... we're pretty new to this too, but most of us have run the raids a good few times to get the mechanics down.

Anyway - my X1 gamer tag is below so either post up on here or lash me on a message on live if interested - if you're frustrated with a lack of decent gear and fed up playing solo or strike playlists get in touch - destiny is a whole lot more fun in a raid party than on your tobler!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Was going to shard it towards the ten fusions I have to shard to get Pocket Infinity.

Anyone know how often the Gunsmith in the Tower sells blue fusions?

subscribe here : http://isthegunsmithsellingrarefusionrifles.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Thursday Raid Night

There are four of us looking to put together a regular six man raid party to run both raids on a certain night a week (not necessarily Thursday). Three are boards folks (myself, Quad Red and SteveDPirate) and another mate.

We all have different levels of time to spend on Destiny - I'm probably on most nights and the others are on when time permits, but I'm sure we could all agree on being online one night every week at the same time to permit raiding.

So are there any regular X1 players who want to buddy up with us four on a regular/organized basis?

Experience isn't essential - if you're new to raiding we'll be able to help you through ... we're pretty new to this too, but most of us have run the raids a good few times to get the mechanics down.

Anyway - my X1 gamer tag is below so either post up on here or lash me on a message on live if interested - if you're frustrated with a lack of decent gear and fed up playing solo or strike playlists get in touch - destiny is a whole lot more fun in a raid party than on your tobler!

Me Pls, but again due to working shift its random when im on :(

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Me Pls, but again due to working shift its random when im on :(

Well my only limitation is that it's evening time - I'm sure we can figure out an evening each week that works for everyone. :)

What's your gamer tag again Mcsirl (can't see signatures on iPhone)?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement