Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thursday Raid Night

There are four of us looking to put together a regular six man raid party to run both raids on a certain night a week (not necessarily Thursday). Three are boards folks (myself, Quad Red and SteveDPirate) and another mate.

We all have different levels of time to spend on Destiny - I'm probably on most nights and the others are on when time permits, but I'm sure we could all agree on being online one night every week at the same time to permit raiding.

So are there any regular X1 players who want to buddy up with us four on a regular/organized basis?

Experience isn't essential - if you're new to raiding we'll be able to help you through ... we're pretty new to this too, but most of us have run the raids a good few times to get the mechanics down.

Anyway - my X1 gamer tag is below so either post up on here or lash me on a message on live if interested - if you're frustrated with a lack of decent gear and fed up playing solo or strike playlists get in touch - destiny is a whole lot more fun in a raid party than on your tobler!

We should also try get a full team together to do crucible every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We should also try get a full team together to do crucible every now and again.

Not sure that Quad would be up for Crucible (he hates it) - but I'm a fan of control. Found iron banner to be a pain this time round though - there's no fun for me in camping two control points with Thorn, Suros or icebreaker.

You around for either raid this week Emmet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What would you change about destiny?

1. Improve/Change the gunsmith - make him an actual gunsmith. Option to reforge weapons at the gunsmith - using motes/commendations/marks to reforge.

2. New bounties - for PvE, PvP and IB.

3. Improve map list for IB.

4. Improve stupidly poor guns - Nechocasim or whatever it is called, hardest gun to get in the game, piece of dirt. NLB could be excellent - make it an anti-tank gun. Slow rate of fire, slow reload, small mag - MASSIVE PUNCH.

5. Nightfalls/Weeklies and especially dailies need to be changed up - too many of the same Dailies.

6. Need to improve the social aspect of destiny within the game itself. Using LFG, here, the100.com etc is all well and good - but it should be catered for much more within the game. the clan support is terrible. Should be a chat function available in the tower, and LFG bar or something, so you can look for NF buddies in the tower, without spamming invites.

7. New game modes in the crucible. Capture the flag etc.

8. Armour freedom - up until this week, every 32 had the same basic armour set up - an exotic and 3 raid items. We need more variation to provide different types of play styles and even just a different look beyond colour.

9. Some bigger public events could be great. With the numbers playing destiny, it should be easy to have instances of 6-10 guardians in one spot at a time, have some random MASSIVE public events. Could start with simple-ish things like combining Defeat Extraction Crews coupled with Enemies moving against each other. Maybe have bigger Tank type bosses show up. Public events were supposed to bring the player base together, no enough of that imo.

10. Special event missions - in the tower, could put a 'Tower Alert' that something big is happening in 'X' location. you then have 10minutes, or something like that, to get to the location and finish the mission. Could chose to leave the tower as part of a tower fire team so random groups of 6 could be sent to the location together.

11. Vault space. give us more vault space. Have the ship act as a vault too. Ship is a vault personal to the guardian, vault is used for swapping between guardians.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Not sure that Quad would be up for Crucible (he hates it) - but I'm a fan of control. Found iron banner to be a pain this time round though - there's no fun for me in camping two control points with Thorn, Suros or icebreaker.

You around for either raid this week Emmet?

Merry/Quad, I'll be on later for a couple of Nightfall runs. I'm going to run it with AJ and my friend Shazam first. I'll drop you a message when that's done and we can run another one or a raid if it's not too late. I'll be bringing a level 32 Warlock to the party tonight!!

The amount orbs we were generating last night in the ROC strikes was ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I agree with most of those.

1-6 yes! (especially they should get rid of "kill target" boutiques, doing 60% of a mission for XP? F**k that, I NEVER do those bounties)
    7 I'm ok with this as is now, Control, Salvage and Skirmish are good, too many game modes will divide the player base even further.
    8 Seems to be a much bigger problem for other players, not one of my big issues though.
    9 and 10 smell like Destiny 2 "We can't be held back by last gen consoles no more" type thing
    11 Makes sense and should be inbound in either 1.1.2 or 1.2.1

• Advertisement

Quads not on tonight Steve - so I'll be on my tobler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

What would you change about destiny?
    7. New game modes in the crucible. Capture the flag etc.

Oh I miss S&D so much...

Quads not on tonight Steve - so I'll be on my tobler.

It could well be just me and AJ. I'll let you know later. Should be on around 8ish (going to pick up my courtesy car after dinner). We'll definitely run a NF with you if you're up for the pain :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

None of my armour drops of either Titan have that perk, unfortunately. I can use the bubble, obviously, but sometimes I would like health regen witout wasting a bubble, as I generally need it from Boomer distraction duty.

Boomer distraction is a bit of a red herring, if you ignore them they actually won't shoot the swordbearer apart from very rare occasions, only time they're a danger really is the ogres.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    7 I'm ok with this as is now, Control, Salvage and Skirmish are good, too many game modes will divide the player base even further.

I think it would bring a lot more people back to the pvp if they brought a few new playlists in more than it would divide players. There's enough people playing the game and the search times are pretty quick, so a division wouldn't really be an issue. PvP as is feels pretty tacked on to me and has been for the most part ignored/made worse since launch. There's actually less variety in the maps you play in control now than there was on day one, which is a bit strange when you think about it. It's just a very dull experience all round at the moment and I really think a few new playlists could really revitalise it. THe PvP seems a missed opportunity to me as there's great potential there.

One thing about PvP - i'd like some context to it.

We are all guardians. We are all on the same side. Suppose it is the same in Halo though. Feel PvP should be billed as a training/proving ground for the best - rather than a war between guardians.

I also think the faction you represent should be somehow reflected and mean something within the game, even if it was just a partitioned section of the game. FWC vs NM vs DO. Right now there is no game applicable context to the factions. So Factions become number 12 for me - they need to be given a reason for existing (beyond another currency and what is written on a grimore card).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Well my only limitation is that it's evening time - I'm sure we can figure out an evening each week that works for everyone. :)

What's your gamer tag again Mcsirl (can't see signatures on iPhone)?

GT is Manchester Utd , I'm always off at least 2 weekdays each week so evenings are no issue but I wouldn't be able to do the same evening each week

Mickeroo wrote: »
    lTHe INSERT EVERY ASPECT OF DESTINY HEREseems a missed opportunity to me as there's great potential there.

Yep.:pac:

I do really like the game, and I am addicted to it - but there are SO MANY missed opportunities or things that could vastly better than they are with a little more thought put into them.

Boomer distraction is a bit of a red herring, if you ignore them they actually won't shoot the swordbearer apart from very rare occasions, only time they're a danger really is the ogres.

By watching videos and Bohrio I've figured out how to run the sword with no-one shooting boomers. Just do that thing where you position Crota between yourself and the nearest boomers, 90% of the time you'll be ok, I did get killed once before I brought him down on Hard Mode last night though by boomers
    I think it would bring a lot more people back to the pvp if they brought a few new playlists in more than it would divide players. There's enough people playing the game and the search times are pretty quick, so a division wouldn't really be an issue. PvP as is feels pretty tacked on to me and has been for the most part ignored/made worse since launch. There's actually less variety in the maps you play in control now than there was on day one, which is a bit strange when you think about it. It's just a very dull experience all round at the moment and I really think a few new playlists could really revitalise it. THe PvP seems a missed opportunity to me as there's great potential there.

I agree, I just feel that if they add a new mode it should really add something. With Supers in this game they can't exactly do a King of the Hill or Bomb Defusal type mode. It will be interesting to see what we get next (Trials of Osiris and Hardcore Modes not withstanding)

We are all guardians. We are all on the same side. Suppose it is the same in Halo though. Feel PvP should be billed as a training/proving ground for the best - rather than a war between guardians.

I also think the faction you represent should be somehow reflected and mean something within the game, even if it was just a partitioned section of the game. FWC vs NM vs DO. Right now there is no game applicable context to the factions. So Factions become number 12 for me - they need to be given a reason for existing (beyond another currency and what is written on a grimore card).

Crucible was originally Faction Wars earlier in development and was basically exactly what you're proposing FWC vs NM vs DO etc. Hence why the game mode icons are various faction emblems
    Bohrio wrote: »
    Oh I miss S&D so much...

I guess ignorance is bliss, I only ever really played Counter Strike and Black Ops 2 (Team Deathmatch) so I don't know about all these other godly game modes that existed elsewhere :)

EDIT: Oh and Timesplitters 2 and 3..... lots and lots of Timesplitters back in the day

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

By watching videos and Bohrio I've figured out how to run the sword with no-one shooting boomers. Just do that thing where you position Crota between yourself and the nearest boomers, 90% of the time you'll be ok, I did get killed once before I brought him down on Hard Mode last night though by boomers

Even if you don't do that they still won't shoot you, last time I ran hard we had no Titan so we just chanced it, I didn't do it any differently and the boomers just ignored me.
    I agree, I just feel that if they add a new mode it should really add something. With Supers in this game they can't exactly do a King of the Hill or Bomb Defusal type mode. It will be interesting to see what we get next (Trials of Osiris and Hardcore Modes not withstanding)

Is Hardcore/Trials actually ever going to happen? I could have sworn HC was supposed to be with The Dark Below at one stage.

If domination and extraction can work with supers in the game I don't see why any other game mode won't, CTF would be my preference for a new addition and a mode with no supers or motion tracker would be nice.

A proper Big Team (8v8) playlist could potentially be great, as it is Combined Arms is just Clash reduced to 2 maps which is pretty laughable as a playlist when you think about it.

Even if you don't do that they still won't shoot you, last time I ran hard we had no Titan so we just chanced it, I didn't do it any differently and the boomers just ignored me.

That's kind of what I meant, just have no bubbles, no-one on boomer duty and just have all 5 other players rocket Crota. It's a much sounder technique for the rest of the team if you can all stomach the 1 in 10 wipes the Swordbearer might have by getting killed by boomers.
    Is Hardcore/Trials actually ever going to happen? I could have sworn HC was supposed to be with The Dark Below at one stage.

Hardcore mode (at least) was in the downloaded patch with TDB content
    If domination and extraction can work with supers in the game I don't see why any other game mode won't, CTF would be my preference for a new addition and a mode with no supers or motion tracker would be nice.

Yeah, apparently Hardcore mode is no radar and no supers, dunno what actually game mode they will use (Clash, Control etc)
    A proper Big Team (8v8) playlist could potentially be great, as it is Combined Arms is just Clash reduced to 2 maps which is pretty laughable as a playlist when you think about it.

Combined arms could be great if there was all 3 maps (DLC included) and if they upped it as you say to 8-10 players per team, pure mayhem but good for a change if you have a team.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    GT is Manchester Utd , I'm always off at least 2 weekdays each week so evenings are no issue but I wouldn't be able to do the same evening each week

Ah - of course! Sorry ... sometimes get totally thrown by GTs versus boards handles.

Well jump in if you see me on later - or later in the week if that's when works for you. If you see me on CE or VoG and there's a spot just join in - no hassle. After all I think the first time The Bag brought me in to a raid it was with you, Technix and Gerard...

:P

tumblr_lmputme3co1qa6q7k_large.png

I'm in a strange humour today, too many fizzy drinks and lack of sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I agree with most of those.

1-6 yes! (especially they should get rid of "kill target" boutiques, doing 60% of a mission for XP? F**k that, I NEVER do those bounties)
    8 Seems to be a much bigger problem for other players, not one of my big issues though.
    9 and 10 smell like Destiny 2 "We can't be held back by last gen consoles no more" type thing
    11 Makes sense and should be inbound in either 1.1.2 or 1.2.1
    I'm sorry but you realise the playerbase is more than big enough to handle more game modes? Sick of reading that, its just not an issue at all.

AdamD wrote: »
    I'm sorry but you realise the playerbase is more than big enough to handle more game modes? Sick of reading that, its just not an issue at all.

ugh...... my comment was based on them allowing certain modes to be available to players who have bought certain expansions

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

After all I think the first time The Bag brought me in to a raid it was with you, Technix and Gerard...

Ah yes we all died ALOT at the conflux's !!

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Ah yes we all died ALOT at the conflux's !!

That's the only experience I really have in VoG......... dying alot at that checkpoint. Couldn't get by this on Hard. I'll be better prepared next time we try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'm heading on now for the next hour or so if any xboxers fancy a crack at the weekly/nightfall. Send over an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Would love to actualy do a VOG run or Crota at some point.:rolleyes:
    I'm on 360 most nights if any one needs a spare weekly etc

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ugh...... my comment was based on them allowing certain modes to be available to players who have bought certain expansions
    Which is pretty much bound to happen on a game like this. If people buy the map packs they expect to be able to play them. The solution is very simple, virtually every fps game has managed to pull it off too; seperate matchmaking for players with the dlc and players without the dlc. And if you want to play with your non dlc friend? The game simply searches in the non-dlc matchmaking when they're in your party.

Its simply ridiculous that months after it was released there's still a 'TDB' playlist and normal Control doesn't have the maps in rotation. HoW is going to be a major make or break for Destiny as lots of players have already pre-bought it and its going to take a lot to convince them to buy Comet

akaSol wrote: »
    Would love to actualy do a VOG run or Crota at some point.:rolleyes:
    I'm on 360 most nights if any one needs a spare weekly etc

>Sol

I'd direct you towards the clan in my signature, unfortunately we don't have many last gen players on PS3 or X-Box 360.

I'd definitely recommend using:
    https://www.the100.io
    https://www.destinylfg.net

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

I'd direct you towards the clan in my signature, unfortunately we don't have many last gen players on PS3 or X-Box 360.

I'd definitely recommend using:
    https://www.the100.io
    https://www.destinylfg.net

Kind of wondering why the Boards Destiny clan was LG sparse.
    Thanks for the links.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

akaSol wrote: »
    Kind of wondering why the Boards Destiny clan was LG sparse.
    Thanks for the links.

>Sol

There's a few of us here on the 360. We've also been using the100.io recently for Raids and it's been working well.

I'll send you a pm.

Got invited into the NF by The Bag ... he was sitting outside the final boss room. Quickest NF ever - and I got 11 ascendent shards.

Screw you Destiny!!

We ran the weekly afterwards and I got more useful gear out of that than the NF. Two more runs to go to add to my frustration...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Faction Wars are great idea. As a New Monarchy member/follower I would like to put Dead Orbit back in their box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Got invited into the NF by The Bag ... he was sitting outside the final boss room. Quickest NF ever - and I got 11 ascendent shards.

Screw you Destiny!!

We ran the weekly afterwards and I got more useful gear out of that than the NF. Two more runs to go to add to my frustration...
    Aye, definitely the easiest NF I've ever done! Thanks for doing the hard work Bag ;)

I've added you now merry, if you need a hand later give me a holler.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement