Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cheers man. Should be on in a bit. Just finished off a few things that need doing first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Right I need to join up with some people to get any further in the game.
    I'm a level 28 Titan who hasn't done any raids as of yet and am struggling to get any decent gear to get up the ladder any further.
    I'm not able to put endless hours into it so will need some help to get to the next level.
    Tried joining up at bungie.net but it appears to be down.
    I'm on ps4 and psn is dalglish86
    Any and all help appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cheers man. Should be on in a bit. Just finished off a few things that need doing first.

I probably won't be back on until after 9 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I probably won't be back on until after 9 I think.

Servers are down till 9 according to bungies twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

eggy81 wrote: »
    I'm a level 28 Titan who hasn't done any raids as of yet and am struggling to get any decent gear to get up the ladder any further.
    I'm not able to put endless hours into it so will need some help to get to the next level.

will add you mate..I barely play about 10 hours a week but playing a raid here and there and the weeklys and nightfall will get you ranked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

What's the best way to get Ascendant Shards and Energies for someone who has never Raided? Level 31 Titan and Warlock here, got Iron Banner Titan gear at weekend so gonna need, what, 36 shards to level up the armor? And the same amount of energies for the weapons. I have about 3 of each atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

redt0m wrote: »
    What's the best way to get Ascendant Shards and Energies for someone who has never Raided? Level 31 Titan and Warlock here, got Iron Banner Titan gear at weekend so gonna need, what, 36 shards to level up the armor? And the same amount of energies for the weapons. I have about 3 of each atm...

Public events, levelling factions, dismantling legendary/exotic gear you don't need, nightfall/weekly/daily missions. Doing Vault of Glass is helpful as well.

Looking at my friends list from the Xbox home page ... we're all just hovering waiting for the Destiny servers to come back online!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Looking at my friends list from the Xbox home page ... we're all just hovering waiting for the Destiny servers to come back online!

Looks to be back, downloading an update now.

Aaaaaand we are back - update in progress but signed in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I didnt have an update but I'm glad its back up now as I have some time to kill and want to try do the nightfall on one of my alt characters

Aaaaaand we are back - update in progress but signed in

I got fed up waiting and called it a day. Try get on later during the week.

Probably just as well Emmet - RNGesus has been a proper pain tonight.

Three NFs.
    1st run (as above) with The Bag and Ferrigan - 11 shards.
    2nd run with Steve and AJ - Voidfang Vestments with a 164 roll. Great if I hadn't already bought these from Xur last Friday.
    3rd run ... holding out for an exotic weapon ... no, 7 energy.

I got two exotic engrams from the weekly - both converted to energy rather than gear.

I should really be happy with Voidfang Vestments ... it could have been worse ... I guess I could have got more shards.

Given that everyone and their dog says that Xur will sell Thunderlord this Friday (and I got that from the NF a few weeks back) it looks like this week will not see me get one of the exotic weapons I'm still trying to get (Suros, Red Death). I've a load of motes and coins, so if Spaghetti face sells Obsidian Mind or some other nice piece of exotic armour something can yet be salvaged this week.

Of course this just means that whatever I buy this Friday will drop in the NF next week...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Good NF/Weekly run tonight (thanks Cuhlcannon & Optimus), got a third exotic helm (knucklehead radar) from NF, and got a purple engram drop on the weekly.
    So back to Rahool in the tower, and he gives me Suros Regime, the mad fooker, he must be on the sauce tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Good NF/Weekly run tonight (thanks Cuhlcannon & Optimus), got a third exotic helm (knucklehead radar) from NF, and got a purple engram drop on the weekly.
    So back to Rahool in the tower, and he gives me Suros Regime, the mad fooker, he must be on the sauce tonight!

Nice to see you got more from the engram than the 2 shards I predicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Picked up Tireless Striders (Boots) & Swordbreaker from CE tonight and then decided to join a HM VOG at the Atheon CP and got Hardlight,Timebreaker Sparrow and a light 30 Helm,
    Wasn't a bad night for me :pac:

Edit - And just the exotic rocket launcher 'Truth'' from the nightfall :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

You got Suros from a purple engram?? Sweet!

What cryptarch level are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

quad_red wrote: »
    You got Suros from a purple engram?? Sweet!

What cryptarch level are you?

Almost 28, another level up package on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone planning on raiding Crota tonight? I was dumped by my usual crew....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kevind1

Ill be on from around 9 need to run normal a couple of times if we can get a good group PSN: Eire2007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Almost 28, another level up package on the way.

Well that explains that then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Got Suros from the nightfall yesterday :) ....just before it's nerfed. That's all the exotics I actually want now

Ir Yut still a blocking point with our 3 man fireteam on the Raid though :(
    I think if one of the other 2 had Gjallahorn it wouldn't be too tough at all but as it is, once we kill the 2 wizards and shriekers we just get overwhelmed when we try go in after Ir Yut..... the heavy ammo bug doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

McG wrote: »
    Got Suros from the nightfall yesterday :) ....just before it's nerfed. That's all the exotics I actually want now

Ir Yut still a blocking point with our 3 man fireteam on the Raid though :(
    I think if one of the other 2 had Gjallahorn it wouldn't be too tough at all but as it is, once we kill the 2 wizards and shriekers we just get overwhelmed when we try go in after Ir Yut..... the heavy ammo bug doesn't help either.

Best way is to make sure you dont rush in after you kill the last shrieker.

A good strategy is to get both wizards out, then we would focus on the left first, kill the wizard (even before she comes out) then the shrieker and then move right and wipe the other wizard quickly. Once you do that you can slowly go in and kill the 2 nights and the other shrieker. Then go out to avoid the blast, and go back in and again take as many knights as possible, I normally focus on the boomer (one per side) and the acolytes first as then are the most annoying, then I can jump high and focus on the deathsinger.

You should be able to do this with 3 man.

We have done it with only 1 ghorn and tbh, it is easy enough (on normal of course) to 3 man the entire raid (doing the bridge glitch otherwise the bridge could be complicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

eggy81 wrote: »

If you want to join the clan (see 1st post in thread) and get in contact with me on PSN via PM I can help get you on your way by adding you to the chats and helping with VoG when I'm available
    redt0m wrote: »

Vault of Glass Hard Mode

We were on a break :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Bohrio wrote: »
    Best way is to make sure you dont rush in after you kill the last shrieker.

A good strategy is to get both wizards out, then we would focus on the left first, kill the wizard (even before she comes out) then the shrieker and then move right and wipe the other wizard quickly. Once you do that you can slowly go in and kill the 2 nights and the other shrieker. Then go out to avoid the blast, and go back in and again take as many knights as possible, I normally focus on the boomer (one per side) and the acolytes first as then are the most annoying, then I can jump high and focus on the deathsinger.

You should be able to do this with 3 man.

We have done it with only 1 ghorn and tbh, it is easy enough (on normal of course) to 3 man the entire raid (doing the bridge glitch otherwise the bridge could be complicated.

we might be getting caught trying to rush it a little and kill Ir Yut before taking out knights and acolytes (afraid of getting wiped by the song). The one time we did manage to do it I was the only one to survive (barely) and had to spend 20mins on my own slowly picking off the knights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

McG wrote: »
    we might be getting caught trying to rush it a little and kill Ir Yut before taking out knights and acolytes (afraid of getting wiped by the song). The one time we did manage to do it I was the only one to survive (barely) and had to spend 20mins on my own slowly picking off the knights.

Yes it is a common thing for people to rush like mad chicken to the main room. I normally just take it easy, and kill as many enemies as possible. If you can kill the acolytes and boomer (you only need to kill the right one) (by right I mean the right door as you are coming out from underneath)) you should be fine.

Normally we kill the deathsinger even before she starts to sing, it all depends how much time you spend killing the left wizard and shrieker. Quickest way is (specially if you have the ghorn) for two people to go left and stay inside the left room, wait for the wizard to come to you and as she is coming towards you killer her and then the shrieker (you should be able to do this without leaving the room) and get out of there and focus on the other wizard. But I find it much easier to kill a few enemies before jumping to the deathsinger. And if you have to take the deathsinger you can do it from the side (jump on top of one of the gates and get her as soon as she starts singing), if you have cleared the room from boomer and most of the acolytes you should have no problem doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

With getting the Light of The Abyss and 4th Horseman my Raid Weapon Collection is complete (expect for Found Verdict, cause f**k Found Verdict, in fact I'm only a couple pints away from scrapping Swordbreaker too) and my Exotic Weapon Collection is nearly complete (only need Thunderlord and Necrochasm), so let's hope Xur sells on and I get the other in my 2 kills of Crota Hard.

After that..... I'll probably just scale my playtime back to drunken raiding and the odd bit of PvP

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yes it is a common thing for people to rush like mad chicken to the main room. I normally just take it easy, and kill as many enemies as possible. If you can kill the acolytes and boomer (you only need to kill the right one) (by right I mean the right door as you are coming out from underneath)) you should be fine.

Normally we kill the deathsinger even before she starts to sing, it all depends how much time you spend killing the left wizard and shrieker. Quickest way is (specially if you have the ghorn) for two people to go left and stay inside the left room, wait for the wizard to come to you and as she is coming towards you killer her and then the shrieker (you should be able to do this without leaving the room) and get out of there and focus on the other wizard. But I find it much easier to kill a few enemies before jumping to the deathsinger. And if you have to take the deathsinger you can do it from the side (jump on top of one of the gates and get her as soon as she starts singing), if you have cleared the room from boomer and most of the acolytes you should have no problem doing this.

You on tonight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Need to do crota hard mode, if that is what you want to do. What time time you thinking of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wes wrote: »
    Need to do crota hard mode, if that is what you want to do. What time time you thinking of?

Would do hard or normal, would need a sword bearer for both. will likely be on around 9.

Maybe the usuaal group we do it with will have us back for the hard mode tonight!:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement