Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah saw that the other day, a harsh lesson for the kid :(

Apparently the account holder of who did it was in a serious car accident recently, and so has friends who come over regularly that play on his account, and it was one of his friends who did it. He doesn't know who did it as he was on painkillers at time. Make of that what you will...

Yeah, I read this excuse on some website over the weekend. The cynic in me refuses to believe this is the truth. I haven't seen the video yet. Who uploaded it? And why? The guy is a troll.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I read this excuse on some website over the weekend. The cynic in me refuses to believe this is the truth. I haven't seen the video yet. Who uploaded it? And why? The guy is a troll.

The video was uploaded by the victim, or possibly the victim's mother. I don't buy that story either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just started watching the video on you tube and had to turn it off as I knew it was coming. Distressing stuff.

Good, I know I probably come across as an ole sap but the last 90 seconds was pretty upsetting for the kid :(

Proper scanty stuff alright :mad:
    Benzino wrote: »
    Apparently the account holder of who did it was in a serious car accident recently, and so has friends who come over regularly that play on his account, and it was one of his friends who did it. He doesn't know who did it as he was on painkillers at time. Make of that what you will...

I'll tell you what I make of that..... it's ABSOLUTE HORSES**T

That guy has done it at least once before https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/103866456/0/0/1

He has clocked up almost 600 hours play time (that's more than me).

Complete and utter Horses**t.

Being in a car crash and being a d**khead who deletes another players character are two mutually exclusive points.

I'm amazed at the amount of players (not you Benzino) that have felt the need to have a big back and forth about this subject on other message boards/forums etc about this guy.

His Bungie profile is easily findable and tells the story of a d**khead who went 1 troll to far and had the hate of the world descend upon him and went to his mom/the press with a sob story.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/2/4611686018428631690

Funnily enough no-one has used that player profile since the news of his accident hit. Pretty convinient.

That car accident line is a total crock of s**t.

This whole thing really hit a nerve with me last week and I'm still pretty p****d off at all the people jumping to his defence.

Also, if you do care to watch the video and you aren't as easily upset as me here you go, action kicks in around 12 minutes or so:

EDIT: also "apparently" it was a friend of his brothers:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/02/24/suck-it-up-says-teen-who-deleted-11-year-old-s-destiny-characters.aspx

More bulls**t

Cause we all know how it is when you are in a household of 13, there was always a friend of a friend over for 600hours playing a single player game on one of the 40 televisions

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good, I know I probably come across as an ole sap but the last 90 seconds was pretty upsetting for the kid :(

That guy has done it at least once before and he has clocked up almost 600 hours play time (that's more than me).

Being in a car crash and being a d**khead who deletes another players character are two mutually exclusive points
    What made it worse was he only say Plan C being junked and thought that was it. It was only when he turned the console back no and after he had 'thanked' the lad, did he realise what had been done.

I do find it very poor on Bungies part that they couldn't do anything for him. They gave the brain injury lad the Fate of All Fools, so we KNOW they can deliver specific items to specific players. No reason they couldn't have sent him some exotics in the post.

Wouldnt make up for the loss of the two characters, but it would have been a nice goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Cormac... wrote: »

That guy has done it at least once before https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/103866456/0/0/1

He has clocked up almost 600 hours play time (that's more than me).

Being in a car crash and being a d**khead who deletes another players character are two mutually exclusive points.

Oh I agree with you totally, I don't buy the story one bit.
    I do find it very poor on Bungies part that they couldn't do anything for him. They gave the brain injury lad the Fate of All Fools, so we KNOW they can deliver specific items to specific players. No reason they couldn't have sent him some exotics in the post.

Wouldnt make up for the loss of the two characters, but it would have been a nice goodwill gesture.

To be fair to Bungie, the kid was looking to use an "exploit" to gain an unfair advantage. I don't think it'd be a good idea to reward people who look to do such things (even if they were duped).

I read one comment on another site that summed up my view on this: Meeting the true nature of the internet at 11 is a bit early :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

What made it worse was he only say Plan C being junked and thought that was it. It was only when he turned the console back no and after he had 'thanked' the lad, did he realise what had been done.

And what about the million copycat efforts that would take place. I think the whole story is a fake meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

On PS4 myself - cheers for the offer though. Think I have seen the PS4 lads offer similar before so when the time comes I'll be asking for guardians to generously offer the lives at my feet.

I also have the Crucible part of Thorn bounty to do, got a newly minted void machine gun just for the job. Whenever I'm able, I'll help out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

onlyTobes wrote: »
    I also have the Crucible part of Thorn bounty to do, got a newly minted void machine gun just for the job. Whenever I'm able, I'll help out.

The 1.1.1 patch is now live bringing a lot of significant fixes and weapon rebalances.

It also introduces a new bug that reduces your starting ammo with the Vex due to being classed as a fusion rifle that will be fixed in a future update.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Also apparently stops you getting heavy ammo drops from killed players in Crucible. What's that about?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

That's great, another patch which introduces new bugs, wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Also apparently stops you getting heavy ammo drops from killed players in Crucible. What's that about?

They have been talking about balancing people's use of heavy ammo and special ammo in crucible for a while.

Surprised it wasn't special ammo getting balanced with all the people crying about shotguns and fusions.

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They have been talking about balancing people's use of heavy ammo and special ammo in crucible for a while.

Surprised it wasn't special ammo getting balanced with all the people crying about shotguns and fusions.

Special ammo has also been rebalanced in pvp. You start with less ammo and special ammo drops also give you less ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Best thing about the entire patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

We have just got the best possible collection of drops for killing Crota.
    2 Crux and a Gallahorn !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    We have just got the best possible collection of drops for killing Crota.
    2 Crux and a Gallahorn !!

Yes!!! And nobody will never guess who, after 1024 hours got it!!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

After my RNG moaning earlier I got the chest piece for my Titan and Blackhammer from Crota. Was happy enough with the chest piece tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Myself and Redzer beat Crota NM last night with just the 2 of us....took us 4 goes but it was a great feeling. No more waiting for 6 people fireteam for me anymore. 3 peeps would be ideal but two is very doable with a few twists.

Both peeps must have a maxed Gjally or forget about it TBH.....my 1st real go as the sword-bearer aswell with a Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Two NM runs at Crota last night. After a rubbish week of NFs I get a double exotic drop on my first run (Icebreaker and Patience & Time), and Dragons Breath on run two.

But I was more delighted to finally have the warlock raid helmet drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Two NM runs at Crota last night. After a rubbish week of NFs I get a double exotic drop on my first run (Icebreaker and Patience & Time), and Dragons Breath on run two.

But I was more delighted to finally have the warlock raid helmet drop!

RNGesus was very good to us last night. I got No Shard Beyond, the Warlock Helm, Oversoul Edict and Fang of Ir Yut. Delighted with the 2 weapons. It felt good being a level 32 in HM for a change.

Can you believe AJ got the Crux of Crota on his FIRST Hard Mode run!?!

Funniest moment was Bohrio joining to wave his shiny new G'horn in our faces!!

• Advertisement

That was funny.

"Hi guys - I'm not loot raping you, don't worry. Ohh Miiiick ... can you see what I'm holding?!"

Hahaha.

The crux dropping for AJ was funny too.

"Where do I get one of those Husk of Crota things for this then?"

That was funny.

"Hi guys - I'm not loot raping you, don't worry. Ohh Miiiick ... can you see what I'm holding?!"

Hahaha.

The crux dropping for AJ was funny too.

"Where do I get one of those Husk of Crota things for this then?"

He was so happy when he got the Galla. Started shouting at his wife to tell her.

I got the Crux ad well. Now just need a vex and a Galla

Almost as funny as on our NM raid

"Oh sure Merry - 'I'll go get the shrieker!' ... easy knowing someone had Gjallarhorn drop for them! He's never bloody gone in there before!"

I had to go on mute I was laughing so much.

Glad you got the Crux Emmet. Are you doing VoG later for the Vex? I'd be up for a HM run after 8.

Almost as funny as on our NM raid

"Oh sure Merry - 'I'll go get the shrieker!' ... easy knowing someone had Gjallarhorn drop for them! He's never bloody gone in there before!"

I had to go on mute I was laughing so much.

Glad you got the Crux Emmet. Are you doing VoG later for the Vex? I'd be up for a HM run after 8.

Yea should be on alright. Will run up to the Gorgans and swap out to get the checkpoint.

Yea all we heard the whole way through the Raid was 'I have rockets' 'I'll get those ones' 'I'll go in there' and 'I'll double up on Crota' :D Showoff :P

Having 40 odd heavy synths on my warlock did help... :)

I actually wouldn't mind getting a Found Verdict now so I could take it for a spin.

Also I probably won't be on till 8:30 or 9:00 later.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RNGesus was very good to us last night. I got No Shard Beyond, the Warlock Helm, Oversoul Edict and Fang of Ir Yut. Delighted with the 2 weapons. It felt good being a level 32 in HM for a change.

Can you believe AJ got the Crux of Crota on his FIRST Hard Mode run!?!

I was quite sickened at not getting Crota down in two swords though I have to say, it was like the game was just saying "That's cool, but if you would just kill the ogres that would be great...."

Looking at the vids again, the 2nd one was just the sword expiring as I think we took too long but I'm not sure about the first time, maybe I hesitated a bit during the enrage and was one hit short? Though it looked like the last hit that registered should have killed him to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Getting my usual Thursday hopes up for Xurday.

Gimme thunderlord and Red Death upgrade (Ruin Wings too and I'll love you forever Xur!)

Reckon it will be Dragons Breath tomorrow and Thunderlord next week or the week after.

Yeah, once we got with the programme and just killed the ogres it all worked out easily enough.

Those two close runs were fantastic though Mick - we were all watching from the ledge cheering you on only for us to glitch die on the very last shred of his health.

Frustrating ... but we got there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was quite sickened at not getting Crota down in two swords though I have to say, it was like the game was just saying "That's cool, but if you would just kill the ogres that would be great...."

Looking at the vids again, the 2nd one was just the sword expiring as I think we took too long but I'm not sure about the first time, maybe I hesitated a bit during the enrage and was one hit short? Though it looked like the last hit that registered should have killed him to me.

You showed allot of patience though given the amount of infuriating glitching that was going on. Especially that early run where you had him down but it stopped registering the hits.

Still trying to get the feel for how it all works. Thanks again to all the lads last night for being so patient with my often self inflicted deaths (what do you mean I shouldn't shoot a knight in the face with a rocket launcher when it's basically standing on my toes?).

The knight glitching through the forcefield was my peak sense of injustice last night after the crota fail.

Normal mode was great craic though. At 31 even the thrall abyss was quite survivable. Need a decent primary though, bad.

When I ran CE on Sunday night I got the raid helmet and gauntlets and a legendary fusion.

When I ran CE last night I got the raid helmet and gauntlets and an exotic fusion (Plan C).

RNG my ass....

Only my third ever exotic drop. The first two both being No Land Beyond...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement