Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Getting my usual Thursday hopes up for Xurday.

Gimme thunderlord and Red Death upgrade (Ruin Wings too and I'll love you forever Xur!)

Reckon it will be Dragons Breath tomorrow and Thunderlord next week or the week after.

I actually checked Xur this morning cause for some reason by brain was so excited for Thunderlord I thought it was Friday.

Really hoping for a HotPF upgrade, he had it for the 1st few weeks and I gave it a pass as glimmer and shards were harder to come by then :-/

I bet the changed how Xurs inventory and the weekly strikes cycle in the patch but said nothing, that MegaMan guy was getting far too accurate with his predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

VoG will be your friend Quad. Fatebringer or Visions of Confluence ... that's what you need

Also ... youve got to factor in that you're running one character ... all us obsessives are running three. So we get six runs at each raid (three times two modes). That's far better odds for stuff dropping.

I've had weeks where raids just kept dropping shards or energy ... then weeks like this week where exotics drop every time.

Soon....

HTQTRZP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So Destiny will be getting a new 'social hub'. Like the tower.

This megaman has seriously compromised Bungie's security around Destiny.

RMTUsLs.jpg

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2x7c55/misc_access_to_house_of_wolves_111spoilers/

• Advertisement

Pfft, he doesn't even have over 50 friends online :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I was quite sickened at not getting Crota down in two swords though I have to say, it was like the game was just saying "That's cool, but if you would just kill the ogres that would be great...."

Looking at the vids again, the 2nd one was just the sword expiring as I think we took too long but I'm not sure about the first time, maybe I hesitated a bit during the enrage and was one hit short? Though it looked like the last hit that registered should have killed him to me.

I think I recorded the 2nd run where you almost got him in 2 swords, but I don't see it on Xbox.com. I'll check my console after work.

The more I play Crota, the more I realise it's all about timing. I don't think we were aggresive enough at putting the Swordbearer down on the first few runs (although he was hiding over on the right quite often). We were way more efficient on the last run.

I think that's me done until the weekend. The missus had a frowny face after last night. I'd be up for a CE Normal run or VOG Hard at some point during Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I think I recorded the 2nd run where you almost got him in 2 swords, but I don't see it on Xbox.com. I'll check my console after work.

The more I play Crota, the more I realise it's all about timing. I don't think we were aggresive enough at putting the Swordbearer down on the first few runs (although he was hiding over on the right quite often). We were way more efficient on the last run.

I think that's me done until the weekend. The missus had a frowny face after last night. I'd be up for a CE Normal run or VOG Hard at some point during Saturday.

We were very close to bring him down in two swords as well on tuesday. The only reason why it didnt happen is because on the 3rd go I thought he had more health that he really had so I went to the ogre room but as I was leaving I realized that we would have taken him down on 1 more go as he was one sword swing to enrage so all I needed was 1 swing and 3 smashed.

Anyway I know one day it will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Two social spaces? Why? Would guess this means a lot of new weapons/vendors that non DLC owners won't even see never mind not being able to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Good point! We could have Awoken vendors and missions starting only from there. Interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Myself and Redzer beat Crota NM last night with just the 2 of us....took us 4 goes but it was a great feeling. No more waiting for 6 people fireteam for me anymore. 3 peeps would be ideal but two is very doable with a few twists.

Both peeps must have a maxed Gjally or forget about it TBH.....my 1st real go as the sword-bearer aswell with a Warlock.

Nice one. I have 3-manned Crota and I'm looking into soloing it with my Titan if I ever get a Gjallahorn.

I'll still be looking for 6 man teams though. Nice to bring others through that need weapons and gear.

Two social spaces? Why? Would guess this means a lot of new weapons/vendors that non DLC owners won't even see never mind not being able to get.

I like to think of it as going to the shop in Hyrule Castle or going to the shop Kakariko Village.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd say (if it's actually real) it will be part of the Comet thingy? Unless they're adding it as the main hub for the HoW content (which would kind of make sense from a story PoV) rather than just having a new NPC pop up in the tower like Eris.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd say (if it's actually real) it will be part of the Comet thingy? Unless they're adding it as the main hub for the HoW content (which would kind of make sense from a story PoV) rather than just having a new NPC pop up in the tower like Eris.

They better have access to the vault there though. It'd be really annoying to go there to pick up your mission then Tower to get your weapons and bounties etc

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They better have access to the vault there though. It'd be really annoying to go there to pick up your mission then Tower to get your weapons and bounties etc

You're having a laugh, that should be left for a patch a few months after the DLC drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ran 3 nightfalls, 3 gorgan cps and 2 heroics and all I got was shards :(. Sword breaker shotgun is amazing though since the buff and I haven't leveled it up at all

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You're having a laugh, that should be left for a patch a few months after the DLC drops.

It was so strange yesterday wiping on Crota with 4 rockets and respawning and not needing to use a synth :)
    Hopefully they implement the Reef well and don't mess it up.

It was so strange yesterday wiping on Crota with 4 rockets and respawning and not needing to use a synth :)

Yup, it was absolute pleasure to be able to jump to my death on a wipe knowing I'd still have me 5 rockets when I respawn last night. :D

Fingers crossed.

My assumption is we will have new vendors to buy from, located there.

My worry is:

Will the vault be cross location (assuming there is a vault) - or would i have to travel to orbit - Eath - orbit - Reef to collect or deposit weapons.

Also, I reckon it will be annoying having to go to two locations to turn in bounties.

Would also indicate a new currency system that is Reef specific could be on the way. THough they have said they have learned from the currency mistakes that launched with Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,607 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yup, it was absolute pleasure to be able to jump to my death on a wipe knowing I'd still have me 5 rockets when I respawn last night. :D

You still lose rockets above the standard max if you go to orbit though. Went from 7 to 5 ghorn rockets at the bridge after we had to gto and come back in.

• Advertisement

The prediction fella on reddit is actually saying Xur was due to sell Universal Remote and HoPF tomorrow, but until Xur appears again he can't check if Bungie changed the schedule in the patch released this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The prediction fella on reddit is actually saying Xur was due to sell Universal Remote and HoPF tomorrow, but until Xur appears again he can't check if Bungie changed the schedule in the patch released this week.

Here claims Hard Light tomorrow and Thunderlord next week.

http://www.psu.com/news/25992/Xur-Agent-of-the-Nine-vendor-weapons-and-items-%E2%80%93-Feb-27-and-March-6-rumour

Hard light - yes please!
    Universal remote - no thanks!

quad_red wrote: »

maybe this is how he get it 'right' - just predicts everything!

On the latest thread on Reddit (where he is 'spoiling' the HoW content) he said Univeral Remote and HoPF

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2x7c55/misc_access_to_house_of_wolves_111spoilers/
    Until Xur shows up again (I) will not be able to obtain the list. This week please give up. Sorry about that. If it was not changed in this patch, Universal remote and Heart of the Praxic Fire were planned to come but don't get your hopes up.

It'll be universal remote and HoPF.

Why? Because I already have HoPF and I have zero interest in UR. And that's how Xur rolls for me - he likes to give me the two fingered salute each week.

Once thing I noticed today is that the dailys shows lv24, 26 and lv28 (use to be lv30) however, when you run the lv28 one, the enemies are lv30?

Weird stuff

If the Hardlight guess is correct i'll be happy enough because i THINK that is red death in the upgrade list, and I want red death in the upgrade list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

maybe this is how he get it 'right' - just predicts everything!

On the latest thread on Reddit (where he is 'spoiling' the HoW content) he said Univeral Remote and HoPF

Yeah that PSU site are picking him up wrong. He said that Hard Light and Thunderlord are due to be sold but did not state when.

He's understandably cautious about tomorrow. The fact Bungie fixed Xur yesterday to ensure he has engrams every week, who knows what else they might have "fixed". :D

If they did not stealth fix all this predictable stuff, they missed a trick big time

• Advertisement

bucks73 wrote: »
    Yeah that PSU site are picking him up wrong. He said that Hard Light and Thunderlord are due to be sold but did not state when.

He's understandably cautious about tomorrow. The fact Bungie fixed Xur yesterday to ensure he has engrams every week, who knows what else they might have "fixed". :D

From what I heard XuR's inventory is not random, it is decided some time before. This was taken from a conversation between deej and some players when he was asked of what Xur was selling on friday, Deej mentioned there was a plan but he is never told what he will be selling.

Bungie quickly rush to say that they know what he will be bringing/selling a few days before Xur arrives to the tower but that the items themselves are all random until that point.

Personally I think this is the same as the RNG and that this is not random at all and that is decided at close doors (hence why so many weapons appear more often than others, for example, new dlc exotics, plan c, PT etc) but if bungie were to confirmed they werent random people would probably not like it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement