Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bohrio wrote: »
    From what I heard XuR's inventory is not random, it is decided some time before. This was taken from a conversation between deej and some players when he was asked of what Xur was selling on friday, Deej mentioned there was a plan but he is never told what he will be selling.

Bungie quickly rush to say that they know what he will be bringing/selling a few days before Xur arrives to the tower but that the items themselves are all random until that point.

Personally I think this is the same as the RNG and that this is not random at all and that is decided at close doors (hence why so many weapons appear more often than others, for example, new dlc exotics, plan c, PT etc) but if bungie were to confirmed they werent random people would probably not like it
    Amazing how Heavy ammo was randomly not sold for weeks after the Crota release, or that NLB and DB came up every four weeks. RANDOM, eh!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Exotic drops I've had (weapons):
    Icebreaker
    Patience & time
    Thunderlord
    Vex
    Plan C
    Gjallarhorn

and...
    No shard beyond (4)
    Dragons Breath (4)

Yup. RNGesus is totally random

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Icebreaker
    Patience & time
    Thunderlord
    Vex
    Plan C
    Gjallarhorn

and...
    No shard beyond (4)
    Dragons Breath (4)

Thats pretty interesting, mine is all over the place on PS4, not so many drops on XB1

xb1

Plan C (5-6)
    P&T (9-10)
    Vex (>30)
    Thunderlod (6-7)
    NLD (5-6)
    DB (3-4)
    Hardlight (4)
    Ghorn

ps4

Plan C (2)
    PT (2)
    Vex (2)
    NLD (6)
    DB (3)
    Ghorn
    Suros
    Red Death
    TLW
    IB

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The lack of any pattern makes it appear pretty random. Maybe there's some sort of random weighting applied to certain players where they end up more prone to receive certain guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What Exotics do you guys think are worth having on 2 or 3 characters (as in one each)?

I have:
    2x Suros (I play a lot of PvP and like this gun for Iron Banner)
    2x G-Horn
    2x Icebreaker

All the rest I'm happy enough with just one of.

Arc Nightfall?
    Plan C on one character, Patience and Time on the other (If I had Thunderbird I'd run that on my 3rd)

Void Nightfall?
    Truth is good, but it's not so massively better than any other Void Heavy that it's indispensable.

Cannot really think of a use for Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Red Death, Mida, Hard Light, Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon that would require a 2nd or 3rd one.

NOTE: I have only gotten Hawkmoon recently so I haven't upgraded it yet to 9000 damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

From what I heard XuR's inventory is not random, it is decided some time before. This was taken from a conversation between deej and some players when he was asked of what Xur was selling on friday, Deej mentioned there was a plan but he is never told what he will be selling.

Bungie quickly rush to say that they know what he will be bringing/selling a few days before Xur arrives to the tower but that the items themselves are all random until that point.

Personally I think this is the same as the RNG and that this is not random at all and that is decided at close doors (hence why so many weapons appear more often than others, for example, new dlc exotics, plan c, PT etc) but if bungie were to confirmed they werent random people would probably not like it

Completely agree. I don't believe them for a second when they claim its completely down to RNG. The fact they removed that recording when Deej said it was not RNG and that NLB and Dragons Breath have been sold two weeks on/two weeks off since the DLC dropped make it seem anything but random to me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I only keep one of everything, ghorn and IB are the only exotics I ever need for PvE, PvP it's thorn Suros or TLW. Generally raid weapons for everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Vex (>30)

Seriously? Just got my first one last week.

Drops I've had are:

Red Death
    Suros
    Ice Breaker x 2
    Mida
    The Last Word
    Thunderlord
    Hard Light x 2
    Plan C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Cormac... wrote: »
    What Exotics do you guys think are worth having on 2 or 3 characters (as in one each)?

I have:
    2x G-Horn
    2x Icebreaker

All the rest I'm happy enough with just one of.

Arc Nightfall?
    Plan C on one character, Patience and Time on the other (If I had Thunderbird I'd run that on my 3rd)

Void Nightfall?
    Truth is good, but it's not so massively better than any other Void Heavy that it's indispensable.

Cannot really think of a use for Pocket Infinity, Bad Juju, Red Death, Mida, Hard Light, Monte Carlo and Hawkmoon that would require a 2nd or 3rd one.

NOTE: I have only gotten Hawkmoon recently so I haven't upgraded it yet to 9000 damage

I have a second Suros sitting in my vault since I got it and never use it (but I don't play crucible at all so maybe it would be useful if I did - its not upgraded)

As for the Hawkmoon, well after the first one dropped, I got a second drop of it about 2 days later. Hadn't used the first one then then and I was all "meh" about the hand-cannons, so I sharded it. I started using the Hawkmoon a few weeks later and have regretted sharding the second one ever since. It's be far and away my favourite weapon - it's far from suitable for everything (like no good for crota, gatekeepers etc.) but when it does suit - it's awesome, and so much fun.

Vex (>30)

I too am doubtful of this, after some detective sleuthing I've established you have 50 hard mode completions on X-Box One. So it's dropping like all the time.

But....

Just one more thing Bohrio!!!!

I'd wager not all 50 of those completions were your only valid completions for the week on a character....

You see....

You are renowned for playing end-game content to help others and generally being nice even if you already got the drop...

So not all 50 completions were valid chances at drops!

Pfffftttt.... 30 Vexes, my eye :P

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/xbox/El%20Senior%20Fats

124382.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I too am doubtful of this, after some detective sleuthing I've established you have 50 hard mode completions on X-Box One. So it's dropping like all the time.

But....

I'd wager not all 50 of those completions were your only valid completions for the week on a character....

You see....

You are renowned for playing end-game content to help others and generally being nice even if you already got the drop...

124382.gif

I've ran VOG with Borhio 3 times a week on hard mode since about the third week and as far as I remember he's gotten at least two Vex a week. And I've gotten none :( (Not bitter at all)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Icebreaker
    Patience & time
    Thunderlord
    Vex
    Plan C
    Gjallarhorn

and...
    No shard beyond (4)
    Dragons Breath (4)

Level 31 Titan. I give to charity. I pay my taxes. I take out my recycling. I even cut the communal grass in my estate.

Have done every NF, every weekly, most dailies since Christmas. Been on a good few raids (admittedly, dragged in as a passenger until I'd leveled up).

And *this* is the **** that RNG gives me?

No Land Beyond x 3
    Plan C x 1

sadimir-poutin.jpg

But....

You see....

124382.gif

Yeap... I actually think it is closer to 40

I get 1-2 per week on average (except for last week where I didnt get a single one for some reason).

Around 4 Weeks ago I deleted all of them but 1 maxed out Vex as I dont really find them very useful, since then I have 5 or 6 more (dismantled 1 the other day), however, as I knew most people will be suspicious about this I decided that, from now on, I would keep them at the postmaster as prove as I can't remove them from there. It will take a while but hopefully it will start dropping soon again as usual.

I also have 33 exotic shards, most of them are Vex (bare in mind I havent really played on Xbox since I got the PS4), I think i got over 80 hours in 1 1/2 months.

I rarely play the VoG on hard unless I havent done it, so most of those runs will be new, there is very little point in me doing it. Same as on PS4.

Although I do help people somes times is mostly on normal. I do that a lot for CE (both hard/normal) but mostly because it is easier to help people complete CE than VoG hard ;)

There's always THIS guy in VoG at the platforming section

1334683537_puppy_couch_jump_fail.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

That's me everytime

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Lucky I had mine on my character, when I applied the patch.

wes wrote: »
    Lucky I had mine on my character, when I applied the patch.

Mine was on my character, I can't see it on bungie.net, I will check later when I log in

BTW, speaking of shotguns, the buff is pretty impressive, I can take down those lv30 Minotaurs with one shot with my swordbreaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

quad_red wrote: »
    Level 31 Titan. I give to charity. I pay my taxes. I take out my recycling. I even cut the communal grass in my estate.

Have done every NF, every weekly, most dailies since Christmas. Been on a good few raids (admittedly, dragged in as a passenger until I'd leveled up).

And *this* is the **** that RNG gives me?

That's only 6 or 7 nightfalls, so it's not awful luck yet. You'll defo get some if you keep doing that content. I've been playing since day one, admittedly mostly from mid-October onwards, have 3 characters and my drop rate for exotics (very rough estimate) is about 1 in 4 for nightfalls and 1 in 6/7 for raids.

Drops:

IB ×3
    P&T x2
    Hawkmoon x2
    Red Death ×1
    NLB ×1
    DB x2
    Thunderlord ×2
    UR x1
    TLW x2
    Plan C x1
    Mida x1
    Hardlight x2
    Truth x2

Looking at that list, although I have never got Suros or Gjallahorn, I've had a pretty decent spread for drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

You know what. Screw the platforms! I didn't buy Destiny for it to turn into Super Mario Brothers!!

Yes, I'm that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nice one. I have 3-manned Crota and I'm looking into soloing it with my Titan if I ever get a Gjallahorn.

I'll still be looking for 6 man teams though. Nice to bring others through that need weapons and gear.

Ahh yeah deffo, more craic and slagging with six. But we have all been online looking for a raid and no one around.....so two is great to be able to do it. Maybe maxed out hunger of crotas would do the job but nothing beats the Gjally.

You can now manage your inventory and swap gear between you charachters and vault by using the app or website !! This is brilliant news !!

Just seen that. Was going to post about it and all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I have:
    2x G-Horn
    2x Icebreaker

For me exotic wise I gotta have Thorn, working on my third now, don't use it all the time but love giving it a whirl especially for vanguard playlists, crucible haven't had much luck with it but used it in Iron Banner and it was solid, maybe I just needed more practice.

Also just landed Hawkmoon so we'll see if this overtakes Thorn. Got Pocket Infinity but not levelled up so also looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You can now manage your inventory and swap gear between you charachters and vault by using the app or website !! This is brilliant news !!

Was that not always there. Pick your Guardian, go to there inventory and then hit the option button on your phone ?
    I'm on android so option was top right of the screen.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Was that not always there. Pick your Guardian, go to there inventory and then hit the option button on your phone ?
    I'm on android so option was top right of the screen.

You could switch perks on weapons/armor but not take stuff from the vault or another charachter on the fly

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You could switch perks on weapons/armor but not take stuff from the vault or another charachter on the fly

Yea I had another look there. That could come in handy rather than using the vault itself.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea I had another look there. That could come in handy rather than using the vault itself.

You can swap out weapons at any stage, middle of a strike, need Icebreaker, no problem. This is going to cut down the need for multiple versions of the same weapons and the delay involved in swapping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

dudeeile wrote: »
    You can swap out weapons at any stage, middle of a strike, need Icebreaker, no problem. This is going to cut down the need for multiple versions of the same weapons and the delay involved in swapping around.

Do you mean you can take a weapon from an alt character and have it appear in the character you are currently playing with mid-mission?

• Advertisement

Do you mean you can take a weapon from an alt character and have it appear in the character you are currently playing with mid-mission?

According to Bungie....."Oops, you’re halfway through the Daily Story Mission and realize you need that Fusion Rifle with Void. No worries, it’s just a couple clicks away."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement