Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Black Hammer again. It it a bit weird that 90% of my drops are sniper/fusion/shotguns? Is that for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

dudeeile wrote: »
    According to Bungie....."Oops, you’re halfway through the Daily Story Mission and realize you need that Fusion Rifle with Void. No worries, it’s just a couple clicks away."

It has to go via vault first so move from alt to vault and then vault to the character you're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

quad_red wrote: »
    Black Hammer again. It it a bit weird that 90% of my drops are sniper/fusion/shotguns? Is that for everyone?

Ahem...

Taking on the Cabal land tank on the weekly

Quad: "Blackhammer isn't that good - it's no icebreaker"
    Despot: "what are you on about man, it's a beast!?"
    Quad: "I'm only getting the ammo refill every so often. Like I just hit the Land Tank there a few times and it's only refilling the odd time"
    Despot: "You're taking the shots quickly right - like bang, bang, bang quick - not bang ... bang ... bang"
    Quad: "Do you need to take them quickly?"
    Despot: "yeah - if you don't the white nail perk doesn't work"
    Quad" "Ah yeah - that's working now"

Tank gets tanked.

Despot: "Still think Blackhammer is rubbish"

Quad: "This is pretty cool!"

He then mentions that it dropped for him a SECOND time (I'm still waiting for it) last night on Hard mode.

On Hard mode.

Like ... isn't Blackhammer an ultra rare drop on hard mode!?

The kicker - Quad only running one character above level 20.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ahem...

Taking on the Cabal land tank on the weekly

Quad: "Blackhammer isn't that good - it's no icebreaker"
    Despot: "what are you on about man, it's a beast!?"
    Quad: "I'm only getting the ammo refill every so often. Like I just hit the Land Tank there a few times and it's only refilling the odd time"
    Despot: "You're taking the shots quickly right - like bang, bang, bang quick - not bang ... bang ... bang"
    Quad: "Do you need to take them quickly?"
    Despot: "yeah - if you don't the white nail perk doesn't work"
    Quad" "Ah yeah - that's working now"

Tank gets tanked.

Despot: "Still think Blackhammer is rubbish"

Quad: "This is pretty cool!"

He then mentions that it dropped for him a SECOND time (I'm still waiting for it) last night on Hard mode.

On Hard mode.

Like ... isn't Blackhammer an ultra rare drop on hard mode!?

The kicker - Quad only running one character above level 20.

I don't think it can drop on hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just got Flawless Raider with 6 of the lads on PS4, feels good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »

Are you talking drops from Crota ? If so the only the secondary and heavy drop on normal. Primaries only drop on hard.

As Mickroo said Black Hammer does not drop on hard mode.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you talking drops from Crota ? If so the only the secondary and heavy drop on normal. Primaries only drop on hard.

As Mickroo said Black Hammer does not drop on hard mode.

Quad only has the one character though ... and we ran it once on each mode this week after the reset. On each run he got Blackhammer.

There's no other way it could have dropped for him other than from hard mode if he got both this week (which I'm nearly sure he did). It's not like some of the rest of us running multiple characters - he's only got two shots each week (normal and hard) and both BHs dropped this week (iirc).

Wait - sorry lads, I think you're right - what night was it that you jumped in to help us on the raid Mick? I know you did last night, but you were on with us before then - could have been Monday so.

My bad.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Quad only has the one character though ... and we ran it once on each mode this week after the reset. On each run he got Blackhammer.

There's no other way it could have dropped for him other than from hard mode if he got both this week (which I'm nearly sure he did). It's not like some of the rest of us running multiple characters - he's only got two shots each week (normal and hard) and both BHs dropped this week (iirc).

Wait - sorry lads, I think you're right - what night was it that you jumped in to help us on the raid Mick? I know you did last night, but you were on with us before then - could have been Monday so.

My bad.

Yeah sunday or monday we did it as well I think, so he must have got it on both normal runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    For me exotic wise I gotta have Thorn, working on my third now, don't use it all the time but love giving it a whirl especially for vanguard playlists, crucible haven't had much luck with it but used it in Iron Banner and it was solid, maybe I just needed more practice.

Also just landed Hawkmoon so we'll see if this overtakes Thorn. Got Pocket Infinity but not levelled up so also looking forward to seeing how it performs.

I have:
    2 Suros
    3 Icebreakers
    3 Vexes
    4? Blackhammers (Really need to thrash one)
    2 Truths

I have multiples of other guns (2 Thorns, 3 Ju Jus, 2 Thunderlords etc) but other than the Gjhallahorn which I don't have and the Light Abyss/Crota RL of which I only have one of each, the ones above are weapons I'd like on all characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yeah, my first time getting the full effect of black hammer in that tank on the weekly last night. Must have landed about 15 shots before I had to reload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So with xur due in less than an hour and after the latest update I reckon he's gonna be selling :

Achlyophage symbiote
    No backup plans
    Apotheosis veil
    Exotic shotgun

No heavy ammo synths

Hopefully I'm wrong and he has the suros though

I hate this time of the week when so much hope turns into so much disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

People not dropping heavy ammo when killed sucks.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah sunday or monday we did it as well I think, so he must have got it on both normal runs.

John Cleese — 'It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson, Clockwise ...

My bad.

As I said, I picked it up from the postmaster. So then I must have gotten it from either the ROC on Wed night or I got it twice on Monday.

It only drops from the Raid - think you got it Monday AND Wednesday

Universal remote...

Universal Remote and Heart of Praxic Fire. That guy from reddit predicted right again.

Every Warlock is now crying years of joy !!!!!

Also No Back Up Plans
    Arachnid Helmet
    And Helmet Engram

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what are the upgrades?

Damn, no red death in the upgrade list.

4Z7thyw.jpg

Will probably buy all the stuff from him.

Really need to junk my alt titan and make a warlock instead.

• Advertisement

I'll be using a lot of motes to try and get the last piece of exotic armour I need.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Guessed 50% right I suppose , is universal remote worth getting ?

Synths?

Yup. I knew Xur was going to crush my joy. That said is UR any good now following the PvE shotgun buff? I used secret handshake on the weekly last night and it was four shotting shielded yellow bar centurions on level 30. Might UR now be actually something worthwhile to use?

Mcsirl wrote: »

NO

Font doesn't go any higher than 7?

Its much better since the patch. Depends on how much you like shotguns I suppose.

Heart of Praxic fire is the only must buy this week in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHSYOUpZhns

Should give you an idea. Will have been buffed since that review as it is a shotgun - its impact will be twice as good in PvE.

Ah - just spotted the screen shot. Hopefully I'll get Obsidian Mind from the engram - otherwise there's absolutely nothing there worth my coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

i don't mind Universal Remote :) I had an absolute killing one sunday morning in the crucible with it ( i am not a great PVP player though, mind you )

Cormac will be happy with HoPF !

Delighted with the Flawless Raider run yesterday, 2 trophee away from the platinium ! ( 50 Ghosts and Salvage )

UR looks a lot better in PvE since the patch going by reddit, still don't think I'd be bothered with it.

• Advertisement

Can't think of one situation where I'd be saying "I really need to equip the Universal Remote in my exotic slot". I'd buy it just to complete the exotic list but haven't used it much myself.
    Mine isn't anywhere near ranked up but still can't see it being any use. And it takes a primary slot.
    Shotguns are much more useful in PvE since the patch. Apparently everyone is running the IB shottie in PvP now.....I've been steering clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement