Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

i don't mind Universal Remote :) I had an absolute killing one sunday morning in the crucible with it ( i am not a great PVP player though, mind you )

Cormac will be happy with HoPF !

Delighted with the Flawless Raider run yesterday, 2 trophee away from the platinium ! ( 50 Ghosts and Salvage )

I actually got a V1.0 HotPF way back in the early days from either Motes or a Nightfall. It's the best Sunsinger Exotic.

That said I retired it when the DLC dropped and skipped upgrading it for the 1st few weeks.

I'm glad it's back now so I can shard the old one and use this :)

Also, use this for Ghosts:
    http://destinyghosthunter.net
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't think of one situation where I'd be saying "I really need to equip the Universal Remote in my exotic slot".

100% This for like 50% of the Exotics.

"Alright.... stand back guys.... let me just bust out the There Last Word.... I got this!"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So who is doing the thorn bounty at the moment? I know GTRoni is.

Looking to cheese it over the next few days - at the PvP part of the bounty now.

I know people have cheesed it before in groups, just allowing yourself to be killed by the bounty person in crucible. How does this actually work? Can a six person fire team enter Rumble of something like that and just take each other out? ASsuming we can get a couple people together we could all try cheese it in turn - helping each other out.

Can a six person fire team enter Rumble of something like that and just take each other out?

Yes, but good luck trying to actually find people to bloody reply when you send out a message on PS4 :pac:

Thorn bounty dicussion:
    Anyone else need to do the PvP part of the Thorn bounty?
    Yeah I do
    Cool anyone else?
    *tumbleweed*

Rinse and repeat a week later

REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT POSSIBLY LOSING GJHALLHORN!

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2xbgzm/sga_do_not_transfer_items_from_your_vault_to_your/

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

So who is doing the thorn bounty at the moment? I know GTRoni is.

Looking to cheese it over the next few days - at the PvP part of the bounty now.

I know people have cheesed it before in groups, just allowing yourself to be killed by the bounty person in crucible. How does this actually work? Can a six person fire team enter Rumble of something like that and just take each other out? ASsuming we can get a couple people together we could all try cheese it in turn - helping each other out.

Waow! i didn't know you could get 6 peoples ... but with 3 .. it works.

I think Roni-Pie and Goose did it in 30--40 minutes. it took a bit more for me ( a couple of killer groups, etc )

The trick is to find a safe spot \ meeting point, a bit out of the way - and the 3 players to know what is that rally point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I think Megaman is a Bungie stooge. Guerrilla community management.

It's totally an effort in expectation management for the hardcore community. Keeps the 'intrigue' of Xur Friday going, has people running after him and wondering what he's going to drop. And all the while modifying the expectations of the obsessives so they kinda know Universal Remote is dropping but can delude themselves that G'horn or Suros might.

Like, it's clear RNG isn't random (cos it's being predicted). And they clearly *could* just change Xur's loadout to stop what megaman is predicting.

But they haven't.

• Advertisement

If he has correctly guessed the Nightfall (Arc Sepkis Prime) this week I'll start to believe. He was essentially wrong this week for the most part and is giving it the ole "Oh the update changed things" line. He needs to be SPOT ON for like 4 weeks for me to swallow his lines

Cormac... wrote: »
    If he has correctly guessed the Nightfall (Arc Sepkis Prime) this week I'll start to believe. He was essentially wrong this week for the most part and is giving it the ole "Oh the update changed things" line. He needs to be SPOT ON for like 4 weeks for me to swallow his lines

He said HoPF and UR would be sold this week, and they have been.

Said the nightfall would be Val'us no burn and it is.

Everything he said the other day is spot on apart from one swap - Heavy ammo out, engram in. All the upgrades he said would be there, are. 24 items - 23 correct.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think there was ever any indication Xur was random anyway?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I don't think there was ever any indication Xur was random anyway?

Bungie said he was random. That they would only know what he was selling, themselves, a day or so before he arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Have to say that the flawless raider trophie last night is probably the best trophie/achievment iv ever got.

Between 70k gamerscore and whatever lvl trophies on psn.

Anyway, iv no motes of light so i wish you could buy the engrams with strange coins

• Advertisement

He said HoPF and UR would be sold this week, and they have been.

Said the nightfall would be Val'us no burn and it is.

True, but he also said it would be Thunderlord or Hard Light elsewhere.
    I don't believe he's full of cr@p, I just would like more proof than just one week.
    If we get ole Boopity Boop Bop with Blue Burn and Thunderlord next week, I'll believe
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Have to say that the flawless raider trophie last night is probably the best trophie/achievment iv ever got.

Anyway, iv no motes of light so i wish you could buy the engrams with strange coins

I expected I'd shout and scream but I was actually dumbfounded when we did it, It only took 2 runs and should only have been 1 run really.
    Stunned into a joyous silence. I'm writing a guide to how we did it as we speak so others in the clan can try if they like

Also, for the record, having plowed like 16 days worth of playtime into a Warlock I have been killed exactly twice ever by my own Novabomb and once by my Void Grenade, 2 of these happened last night so it was't just a random excuse (I'll believe Snipers bit about it happening "all the time" when he actually has a Warlock :P)

True, but he also said it would be Thunderlord or Hard Light elsewhere.
    I don't believe he's full of cr@p, I just would like more proof than just one week.
    If we get ole Boopity Boop Bop with Blue Burn and Thunderlord next week, I'll believe
    No, he said thunderlord and hardlight would be coming up in the next few weeks. Think he said thunderlord is scheduled for March. He did not say either of them were this week. He was misquoted on some sites saying it was thunderlord, but that is not his fault.

Rossi IRL wrote: »

My favourite achievement ever (gaming wise, obv) was getting 1000k GS on Call of Duty 2 - completing the game on extreme/hardcore mode. First time i had done something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You can now manage your inventory and swap gear between you charachters and vault by using the app or website !! This is brilliant news !!

This is the best thing ever!

No, he said thunderlord and hardlight would be coming up in the next few weeks. Think he said thunderlord is scheduled for March. He did not say either of them were this week. He was misquoted on some sites saying it was thunderlord, but that is not his fault.

But I NEED Thunderbird :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

But I NEED Thunderbird :(

Anyone with a ghallahorn is not allowed complain :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was it VoG or CE you guys did flawless raider? CE normal seems like the handier option to me with Deathsinger being the only risky bit (somebody did a flawless run solo a while back I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I dont even find tunderlord that great, if it was legendary it would be used but its just a waste as an exotic

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Guys were telling me someone ran his sparrow through a whole VoG raid. Presumably it's on Youtube
    No idea how he got it across the jumpy bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yep he said both were in the loot table and due to be sold but never gave an exact date. He posted pics of both in Xurs inventory.

He has been spot on in pretty much everything so far. As well as saying Sepiks Arc next week he has also given dates for heavy ammo being sold: March 6, 20, 27, April 3, 10, 17.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was it VoG or CE you guys did flawless raider? CE normal seems like the handier option to me with Deathsinger being the only risky bit (somebody did a flawless run solo a while back I think).

CE Normal was the way to go, I never even contemplated trying for flawless until our group did 2 normal runs on Tuesday and each run was about 27 minutes and only had like 3 deaths each time and no wipes. We just thought, "you know what, if we REALLY tried to play it super safe, took our time and went for it, we'll do it. And even if we don't each run is only 20-30 minutes".

We said we'd do 3 runs and call it a night (so we didn't end up making too big a deal of it, said we'd spend 60-75 minutes on trying and leave it at that). We did in on our 2nd attempt, I cause the wipe on our 1st attempt.

Successful run took 35 minutes

Up to today this was Xur's weapon offerings (from Reddit http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2x2ngh/discussion_a_brief_graphical_history_of_x%C3%BBrs/ )

AzQRZFy.png

Xur's Armour Offerings

xCpZPzn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I guess we should all be happy with our universal remotes then!

Cheers Quad - good to see those. Interesting that most of my exotic armor drops have been relatively rare items according to this chart.

Hopefully it'll be Hard Light next week and you can finally but yourself a decent primary!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've had Universal Remote for some time now. It's a gimmicky weapon. You'll use it for fun for a while, but it will end up in the vault like mine shortly afterwards. If it was equipped in the secondary weapon slot, it might be more useful......... but a primary shotgun, no thanks!

Really only worth buying if you need it for your exotic collection. This game is like Pokemon........ Gotta Catch 'em All!!

I guess we should all be happy with our universal remotes then!

Cheers Quad - good to see those. Interesting that most of my exotic armor drops have been relatively rare items according to this chart.

Hopefully it'll be Hard Light next week and you can finally but yourself a decent primary!

Well, it was a relatively unusual drop this week.

NO OF TIMES DROPPED BEFORE
    No Backup Plans [Titan Gauntlets]
    ATS/8 Arachnid [Hunter Helmet]
    Heart of the Praxic Fire [Warlock Chest Armour]
    Universal Remote [Shotgun]

Last week

Crest of Alpha Lupi [Exotic Titan chest armour]
    Radiant Dance Machines [Exotic Hunter leg armour]
    Voidfang Vestments [Exotic Warlock chest armour]
    No Land Beyond [Exotic sniper rifle]

Oh that Heart of the Praxic Fire is the Dark Souls armour piece, I'll have to get that so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

It's great Mick. If you're flinging grenades with radiance you'll get at least another two off with HoPF engaged - more if your stat buffs are set correctly to boost grenades.

And let's be honest ... they look kick ass.

Nothing here for me this week. Regardless of the rarity of the items - I have HoPF and UR is too much of a gimmick to bother with. Besides, if I buy it the damn thing will drop for me over the weekend in raids, just like Plan C did when I bought it...

Is HoPF clearly the best warlock exotic chest armour in the game?

Cos if it is, and given it's rarity, I'd be tempted to buy it and vault it until I bring up a Warlock character (which is likely to be a few months really).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Looks like the Heart of the Praxic Fire is going to be my first xur purchase, finally have some SC to use. Bit of a noob question but I read about this and it seems geared towards using the sunsinger class, which I done use that much. Is it still worth getting if I'm using Void mainly. Also is the helmet engram a guaranteed exotic and it is class specific or could I end up with a Titan helmet?

• Advertisement

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Also is the helmet engram a guaranteed exotic and it is class specific or could I end up with a Titan helmet?

Yes - first engram I got off Xur, I only had a Titan and ended up with warlock armour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement