Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

FLAWLESS RAIDER GUIDE (CROTAS END NORMAL):

General Tips:
    Everyone be level 32
    No Rockets unless otherwise stated
    Try and use as many Titans as possible
    Have the Swordbearer be "host" and be extremely comfortable using the sword
    Play with players who are calm
    Avoid having too much general chit-chat during the run as you might not hear "I need help with this totem guys"
    Don't be too nervous of having to retry
    Set a definite limit on the amount of runs you are going to try before calling it a day
    Try and have Helm of Saint 14 equipped where possible
    If you notice lag early on, change host and retry, if it persists, try another day
    Play with players you know and trust
    Decide before hand what order your players cross the bridge in
    Take it slow and steady
    Try and bring as many CE Raid weapons as you have and make sure they are levelled up
    Bring Ammo Synths and use them before each section
    Don't under estimate "Shooting through knights shields" perk
    If you have Oversoul Edict or Abyss Defiant, use them

The Guide

The Abyss:
    Don't jump into the Hellmouth at the start, walk in, the jump is why you die.
    Easiest way is have your hunter/Swordbearer player solo this with "Don't Touch Me" as a Bladedancer.
    This can be made easier with Mida Multi Tool. Everyone else wait at the spawn.

The Bridge:
    You'll hear "Guardian Down", ignore it.
    Decide before hand what order your players cross the bridge in.
    I recommend sending your Hunter over first so they can hide after killing the gatekeeper.
    Titan bubbles with Helm of Saint 14 are great for holding down Totems and Bridge platforms here.
    2nd send over either a Titan or Warlock. 3rd Send over a Titan.
    Away team now uses the Titan tol hold the bridge plate and the others guard the totems.
    4th and 5th Players, once over and with the Gatekeepers killed, snipe back with Icebreakers at the next Swordbearers from the Bridgeplate.
    The 3rd player over acts as an Auxiliary helping the 2 players on Totems and assisting with Knight Majors and Wizards.
    Once the 6th player is over, everyone go to the Right and bunch up and pop and Ammo synth if it's clear.
    Use Titan Bubbles with various benefits to make things safer.
    Kill the Ogres and Wizards with Machine Guns and Snipers.

The Thrallway:
    Ignore the chest, it is not worth it, get it on Hard Mode or with another character or something.
    Have 1 player walk in and G-Horn the Shrieker while the other 5 ensure mobs don't get near him.
    Don't ever stand in front of your Rocket user here.
    Run out of the room back to bridge and stay away from the death blast.
    Go back in and proceed slowly and steadily killing mobs, prioritise Cursed Thralls.
    Don't use grenades which can hurt you.
    Make your way about halfway up the hallway and kill the 2nd Shrieker.
    Run back to the entrance and pop a bubble and have everyone hide in it.
    Again proceed about halfway up the hallway killing mobs and once close enough, have your hunter go invisible and run to the Ir Yut encounter.

Ir Yut:
    Have 2 players go left (when looking at the Oversoul), including your Swordbearer. The other 4 players go right.
    Left team, hunter pulls the wizard out, the support player uses Rockets/Icebreaker/Abyss Defiant to kill it while the hunter is running back to the tower.
    Once the left wizard is down, have the hunter go invisible, run in and use 2 G-Horns to kill the Shrieker.
    Hunter here shout again have "Don't Touch Me" equipped so if they do get hit, they survive, in fact its the best Exotic for the most of this guide for Hunters as it emphasises surviving.
    Run out and avoid the death blast. Make your way to the other side to join up with the other 4 players.
    Right team, have a Titan lure the wizard out, have a player "stun" the wizard with Abyss Defiant or Flashbang grenade.
    Go in slowly and steadily as a group. Dedicate one player to watch the spawn door (on the left as you walk in, behind you if you're looking at Ir Yut).
    This player just needs to kill thralls but this is vitally important to allow the other 5 to focus.
    Kill all the majors and other enemies between you and the Crystal, keep moving at a steady pace.
    Keep killing mobs, if you time it right, the room should be pretty much clear of the biggest threats once she begins her song.
    Have 4 players hit her with everything you have while 2 players keep adds/mobs from causing issues.
    Don't panic here, she sings for 30 seconds here and stands still while doing so.
    This entire encounter and killing her is where you are most likely to mess up all your good work if you don't keep calm.
    Once she is dead, go out the way you came in and go back to the Right tower.
    Use Icebreakers to kill all the mobs left outside and if you need to go back indoors, take it slow.
    Several additional waves spawn here so be careful of trying to start the Crota encounter too quickly.
    There is no such thing as waiting too long at this part.

Crota:
    Use whatever strategy your group is familiar with here. Ideally one with the least risk.
    We used the "Left Strategy", everyone in the left room (looking at the Oversoul), with one player with Icebreaker killing the boomers.
    Get the Swordbearers down as quickly as possible. Voidwalkers can generate some orbs and kill big groups of thralls here safely enough.
    Once your Swordbearer is about to engage Crota, STAND STILL! You do NOT want people strafing around with rockets at this point.
    Shoot all the rockets and Go for 3 safe slams each time here.
    Hide in the Crystal room and rinse and repeat.
    You should be able to get him down in 2 swords as a 32 in Normal mode.
    But if not, don't worry, just send everyone down below for the ogres.
    Hide in the Hallway beneath the Crystal room and Snipe the ogres (no rockets, the hallway is too narrow to risk it).
    Pull the Swordbearer towards you and take him out.
    Don't bother going back upstairs or left. Just stay in the hallway and Rocket Crota from here.
    Again, STAND STILL! Don't be strafing around like a jerk.
    Kill Crota, Dance, congratulate each other, get a screen shot, have a beer, clap, cry, screw your significant other, raise your controller up in the air like it's Simba, sing the "Circle of Life" and dance again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

quad_red wrote: »
    Is HoPF clearly the best warlock exotic chest armour in the game?

Cos if it is, and given it's rarity, I'd be tempted to buy it and vault it until I bring up a Warlock character (which is likely to be a few months really).

Best for sunsinger Warlocks by far - in addition to the radiance buff it also gives increased heavy and fusion rifle ammo. Works well using the Vex (classed as a fusion).

Best for Void warlocks is Obsidian Mind. You saw what myself and Steve were able to do with me running HoPF and him running Obsidian Mind - constant super use.

It's great Mick. If you're flinging grenades with radiance you'll get at least another two off with HoPF engaged - more if your stat buffs are set correctly to boost grenades.

I've gotten 9 grenades off before :)
    Is HoPF clearly the best warlock exotic chest armour in the game?

Yes, don't believe these Voiding Vestments or Starfire Protocol peasants.
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Bit of a noob question but I read about this and it seems geared towards using the sunsinger class, which I done use that much. Is it still worth getting if I'm using Void mainly.

HotPF is THE Sungsinger Exotic, no argument. Everything else is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    HotPF is THE Sungsinger Exotic, no argument. Everything else is rubbish.

Got HotPF, may shard my voidfang vestments or just put them in the vault. Will have to upgrade my raid helmet now, but may wait till a finish Crota HM one more time to see if I can get a better drop for the helmet.

Also, got Apotheosis veil helmet from a engram, which will pretty much replace Light Beyond Nemesis for me, with orb giving health, and restoring health when using a super.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Yes - first engram I got off Xur, I only had a Titan and ended up with warlock armour.

Im in the process of levelling up a titan(god its painfull) so if I get some titan armour id be ok with that too....so presumably it will end up being some hunter armour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Any Titan helmets on offer from Xur

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was it VoG or CE you guys did flawless raider? CE normal seems like the handier option to me with Deathsinger being the only risky bit (somebody did a flawless run solo a while back I think).

I wouldnt mind trying it again on XB1 if you and the lads are up for it during the weekend

Anyone around for a hard mode run at CE tonight? I've the bridge checkpoint if you want to avoid the abyss - need to take another shot at getting the legs for my Titan (again!)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind trying it again on XB1 if you and the lads are up for it during the weekend

I definitely want to give it a go but gaming is a no no on weekends for me now since I got a job :( Sunday evening is a slight possibility but Monday would be more likely. I think 5 32's should be fine to do it with as we can still get everyone across the bridge then, 6 obviously preferable though.

wes wrote: »
    Got HotPF, may shard my voidfang vestments or just put them in the vault. Will have to upgrade my raid helmet now, but may wait till a finish Crota HM one more time to see if I can get a better drop for the helmet.

Also, got Apotheosis veil helmet from a engram, which will pretty much replace Light Beyond Nemesis for me, with orb giving health, and restoring health when using a super.

Don't underestimate LBN:

For PvP, this lets you win punch out fights.

Snap Discharge: Increases melee attack speed.

And for Skirmish and more importantly Nightfalls (also majors give 5 orbs instead of 4):

Keeper of the Pack: You revive fallen teammates faster and they revive you faster. Your super also spawns additional Orbs for teammates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

So who is doing the thorn bounty at the moment? I know GTRoni is.
    Waow! i didn't know you could get 6 peoples ... but with 3 .. it works.

Yea synesthesia is right, it only works with 3, the max fireteam you can take into Rumble. I've got the crucible part waiting also and like Cormac said PS chat is sparse for this, failed me before anyway. If you guys are interested in scheduling something up I'd join in, I should be available tomorrow after 6 (maybe earlier) and pretty much all of Sunday.

I definitely want to give it a go but gaming is a no no on weekends for me now since I got a job :( Sunday evening is a slight possibility but Monday would be more likely. I think 5 32's should be fine to do it with as we can still get everyone across the bridge then, 6 obviously preferable though.

I am fine with it. Just let me know and I will jump in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yea synesthesia is right, it only works with 3, the max fireteam you can take into Rumble. I've got the crucible part waiting also and like Cormac said PS chat is sparse for this, failed me before anyway. If you guys are interested in scheduling something up I'd join in, I should be available tomorrow after 6 (maybe earlier) and pretty much all of Sunday.

I should be able to get some time for it on Sunday - hopefully we can arrange something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I am fine with it. Just let me know and I will jump in!!!

I'll give yous a hand. Any one fancy doing two nightfalls at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

can some tell me why The Heart of Praxic Fire is so loved? I have it fully levelled up and am wondering what I'm missing. Is it the extra heavy ammo you can carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    Don't underestimate LBN:

For PvP, this lets you win punch out fights.

Snap Discharge: Increases melee attack speed.

And for Skirmish and more importantly Nightfalls (also majors give 5 orbs instead of 4):

Keeper of the Pack: You revive fallen teammates faster and they revive you faster. Your super also spawns additional Orbs for teammates.

Ah fair point, will keep it around, especially for night falls. The only useless helmet so far is the Skull of Dire Akhambra, which I keep as its looks cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Anyone around for a hard mode run at CE tonight? I've the bridge checkpoint if you want to avoid the abyss - need to take another shot at getting the legs for my Titan (again!)

Message me on Live when you're going on. I would like to do HM with my Titan, but he's still only a paltry level 31. Need moar shards :pac:

I need to do a normal run with my Hunter too. I might try my hand as the Swordbearer again depending on who's in the group. Still have a NF to run with the Hunter too.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Great!

The more Vex and Ghorns the better... oh wait!! ;)

hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Thorn Bounty : Dudeile and Conovar\Mitch then :)

That's our team of 3. Once we finish the Crucible part, We'll jump in the Summoning Pits part :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I have 1 NF to run either this evening or tomorrow. If you're on I'll fire you an invite.

• Advertisement

I'll be on later Emmet - let me know if you need a third

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wait, Soulzee warned me about you and flawless raider :pac:

Great!

The more Vex and Ghorns the better... oh wait!! ;)

hehehe

You've been reported :P

Wait, Soulzee warned me about you and flawless raider :pac:

It's not my fault I've a fat Titan that died jumping into the Gorgans lair.
    It made it worse because nobody died for the rest of the raid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Looks like there's another Reddit user predicting Xurs stock. Seems to have got everything today correct and is predicting this for the next two weeks:

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Helm of Saint 14 (106/114 Int)
    Young Ahamkara's Spine (91/98 Dis)
    Skull of Dire Ahamkara (94/101 Int)
    Icebreaker
    Chest Engram
    Heavy Ammo
    March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
    Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
    Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
    Universal Remote
    Gauntlet Engram
    No Heavy Ammo

Also says that after Sepiks NF next week it will be Archon Priest the week after with triple burn.

We shall see. :)

bucks73 wrote: »
    Looks like there's another Reddit user predicting Xurs stock. Seems to have got everything today correct and is predicting this for the next two weeks:

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Icebreaker
    Chest Engram
    Heavy Ammo
    March 13th

Universal Remote
    Gauntlet Engram
    No Heavy Ammo

Also says that after Sepiks NF next week it will be Archon Priest the week after with triple burn.

So he is saying that xur will selling in the next 2 weeks the weapon that he sold 2 weeks ago plus the weapon Xur is selling today... knowing Xur my bet is on this fella...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

bucks73 wrote: »

XUR STOCK:

March 6th

Icebreaker
    Chest Engram
    Heavy Ammo
    March 13th

Universal Remote
    Gauntlet Engram
    No Heavy Ammo

sweet! Helm of Saint 14 is about the only exotic left that I really want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

So he is saying that xur will selling in the next 2 weeks the weapon that he sold 2 weeks ago plus the weapon Xur is selling today... knowing Xur my bet is on this fella...

Yep seems that way.
    McG wrote: »
    sweet! Helm of Saint 14 is about the only exotic left that I really want.

Same here. Maybe ruin wings too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Best way to fall across another few strange coins. Have already got weekly ones

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement