Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

eggy81 wrote: »
    Best way to fall across another few strange coins. Have already got weekly ones

Grind ROC strikes. Hope blue engrams turn into coins.
    Do 1 Daily Public Event
    Try and level up faction/crucible/vanguard and hope ur pack contains one

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

eggy81 wrote: »
    Best way to fall across another few strange coins. Have already got weekly ones

The last chest on mars and Venus also give SC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Looking to pick up a new LMG, any advice on the stock currently available:
    • MG18A Harm's Way - Have it, want to replace it
    • Against All Odds
    • Prestige IV
    • Deviant Gravity-A
    • The Culling

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Against All Odds, it's the best MG available that's not Jolder's Hammer.

Against All Odds, it's the best MG available that's not Jolder's Hammer.

Stability is pretty poor so perfect balance as a perk would be desirable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

It's rate of fire is low enough that it doesn't get out of hand. Burst fire is the proper way to utilise an auto. If you're still worried about it, the vendor option has persistence as a perk, so spray away :D

It's rate of fire is low enough that it doesn't get out of hand. Burst fire is the proper way to utilise an auto. If you're still worried about it, the vendor option has persistence as a perk, so spray away :D

Number 1 contender so and going by the way Destiny works, I'll get a sweet ass drop during the next 2 weeks anyway.
    so spray away :D
    Don't be bunching lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Anybody up for a VOG hm around 8? have 3, need 3 more :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thunderlord would be my pref. out side Hammer time....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

dudeeile wrote: »
    • Against All Odds
    • Prestige IV
    • Deviant Gravity-A
    • The Culling

+1 for Against All Odds. The slow rate of fire and high impact make this a great gun. Harm's Way is a close second and I used this one quite a bit. I also have The Culling, but it's not great. I got all 3 of these guns as drops, and I think they all have Void Damage on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

BlackHammer is a beast! Archon Priest didn't know what hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just grabbed the gorgon chest on 3 of my characters, ended up with 6 energies, 9 shards and a warlock armband.

*cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

• Against All Odds
    • Prestige IV
    • Deviant Gravity-A
    • The Culling

I have all of them and my 2 favorite will be Deviant Gravity and Against all odds. They are both similar enough although I probably like Deviant slightly better. However, I find it not very usefull unless they have field scout as you will run out of bullets before you can kill most ultras.

My Against all odds has 56 bullets and my deviant 60 if I remember correctly. Deviant has better stability and higher fire rate although less impact.

It really all comes down to its perks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a Solar and Arc Against All Odds, the Arc has increased stability so I use that normally in MP.

It's not often you get enemies grouped so the LMG are generally better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

This is to go along with killing Knights for orbs. I went to help a lad from my list and his group last night and they had an interesting glitch. Empty primary and heavy ammo before standing on the platform. Those of us with Icebreaker took out all the bad guys and lots of heavy ammo packs dropped. At one stage I had 15 packs waiting inside for me. I don't know if this only works with Icebreaker.

Thanks to Merry, Quad and Ger last night. Got my first Crota kill as swordbearer. It's fun seeing the battle from the other side. I got enough shards to get my Titan up to level 32 now. My friend Shazam sends her thanks also as that was her first full raid run. We'd done the Abyss a few times, but she'd never seen the rest. Some good drops for her too! Gauntlets, boots and fusion rifle.

This is to go along with killing Knights for orbs. I went to help a lad from my list and his group last night and they had an interesting glitch. Empty primary and heavy ammo before standing on the platform. Those of us with Icebreaker took out all the bad guys and lots of heavy ammo packs dropped. At one stage I had 15 packs waiting inside for me. I don't know if this only works with Icebreaker.

That glitch has been doing the rounds for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Thanks to Merry, Quad and Ger last night. Got my first Crota kill as swordbearer. It's fun seeing the battle from the other side. I got enough shards to get my Titan up to level 32 now. My friend Shazam sends her thanks also as that was her first full raid run. We'd done the Abyss a few times, but she'd never seen the rest. Some good drops for her too! Gauntlets, boots and fusion rifle.

You made it look a good deal easier than when I did it Steve!

Vault of glass later?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That glitch has been doing the rounds for a while now.
    Oh right, I'm a bit late to that party.

You made it look a good deal easier than when I did it Steve!

Vault of glass later?

Yeah. I'd say I'll be on around 8.

• Advertisement

Anybody on Xbox fancy doing a nightfall ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I should be on from about 7.30 if you still need a hand

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I should be on from about 7.30 if you still need a hand

Yea I'll be on send me an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey guys , power just went in the house so in darkness now till who knows, cheers for all the help and the drops 😀

What a couple of runs at VoG and Crota.

Two good runs at VoG - SteveDPirate getting the Vex not once, but twice! What's better than getting your first Vex on your first run at VoG? Getting your second on your second run!

I got the 'usual' (Atheon's Epilogue and the pulse rifle), but when i dropped back to the tower I noticed that my primary inventory was full ... and that there was an unexpected package waiting for me at the postmaster.

Could it ..

Could it be ... Suros? Red Death?

No.

It was the same thing I bought from Xur on a stupid impulse on Friday - Universal Remote! This continues the trend of stuff I buy dropping for me from Raids within 7 days (Plan C/Dragon's Breath and now Universal Remote).

RNG has a sense of humour - three legendary engrams dropped for me in ROC strikes today - all three converted to exotic armour (Helm of Innermost Light, Knucklehead Radar and Crest of Alpha Lupi).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gave HM Crota a run for the first time with my regular group tonight. All of us first timers. We only had 2 hours or so to get the run done before people had to head off. The first 3 checkpoints are very similar and we got through without wipes. So after some trial and error, we got Crota to the enrage timer 4 times but the sword kept disintegrating right as our swordbearer was about to deliver the final blow.

I think our rocket timing was fine and the swordbearer was already on the platform so he was there in time. I'm thinking it might have been that we were killing the swordbearer right below the ledge we were standing on instead of close to the middle Crota platform. Our Swordbearer then had sword in hand for longer than he needs to before getting into position for the first hits?

Any of the guys that have completed it here any ideas or have similar happen? Gonna run it again tomorrow night with them so any advice would be much appreciated.

How were you taking him down? Rockets?

You want to have everyone firing rockets (tracking) at the same time - your sword bearer should call it so that the rockets are hitting just before they jump up to the platform - so Crota is already going to his knees by the time your guy is hitting him.

If you're using a hunter to go invisible grab the sword and leg it to the rocks either side of the platform. Kneel to go invisible and call for rockets as you're invisible and just jumped onto the platform.

When hitting Crota push up on the joypad to push 'into' him - helps hits register.

But you're right - you need to take that sword knight down quick. Sometimes it's worth rocketing him rather than sniping if you've got the synths. If he goes down quick your sword bearer should get two runs in on each sword - at least three hits a time on each run.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

• Against All Odds
    • Prestige IV
    • Deviant Gravity-A
    • The Culling
    I have a void one of these. It hits like a truck and is an absolute monster. Using it all the time now. Was in PvP this weekend and got two loads of Heavy for it. Went 26-2 after being the first killed.

Re: PvP I'm not convinced shotguns weren't buffed. They seem much easier to use now that the fusions have been nerfed. I'm using the Dead Orbit one. 4 shots in the mag but one round does bonus damge. It's very sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,925 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Been a good week for me weapon wise.

Got Thorn yesterday, Have the Pocket Infinity and Bad Juju bounties on the go, Leveled up the Nechochasm (and then vaulted it...). Still have the IB Scout and Hard cannon to upgrade.

Need to start doing VoG again, and try to get Found Verdict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I must be the only one who likes the Nechochasm :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement