Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

To the usual PS4 lads, ill be on for raiding tonight.

Ill be on around 4 for nighfalls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Be on around 7 tonight.

Si señor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Megaman predicted right again. He is onto something lads so this RNG is crap.

Isn't he just saying its rgn but was generated/decided ages ago..

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got skull of dire ahamkara from doing the nightfall, can't complain too much as I never had it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,105 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Isn't he just saying its rgn but was generated/decided ages ago..

I believe so. But Bungie have said on numerous occasions that its completely RNG and they don't know what's coming. Yet that's hard to believewhen Megaman can show what's available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

So I just went and got the gorgon chest on my 3 characters, got the usual shards and energies but I also got the Suros Regime :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a great fusion rifle wexdevil - it dropped for me a while back and when fully levelled up it's great. Having said that I'm finding shotguns more heavy hitting since the buff (if a little more risky as you have to be super aggressive to close distance as your range for doing mega damage is practically point blank)

I prefer Murmur to Plan C, I don't think Plan C is worth an exotic slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

awec wrote: »
    I prefer Murmur to Plan C, I don't think Plan C is worth an exotic slot.

It's a great fusion rifle but Murmur does the same thing, the same with light of the abyss.
    I've dismantled two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Did the three NFs earlier ... shards, the Future War Cult pulse rifle (The Conduit) which is basically the same as the new vanguard one with worse perks and less ammo, and ... Mida Multitool (which was on my list of stuff I wanted).

Not a bad start from RNGesus this week!

Arc burn made it pretty easy - Fatebringer, Patience & Time and an arc Harms Way made mince meat of them - had Septiks Prime down well before the first drop ship on each run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Grr, have the BlackHammer fully upgraded, but the game isn't detecting it as fully upgraded (the app is), so it still has the green bar beneath in the inventory screen. This is not good for my OCD! Gonna have to play CE Normal again just to get another one :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Benzino wrote: »
    Grr, have the BlackHammer fully upgraded, but the game isn't detecting it as fully upgraded (the app is), so it still has the green bar beneath in the inventory screen. This is not good for my OCD! Gonna have to play CE Normal again just to get another one :(

I have three of then fully upgraded. At least one still shows the green bar. Can't remember the other two, think they show gold. God dammit now you've awakened my ocd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

It has been like this since they patched it and removed the hive disruptor.

So unless you got your blackhammer before the patch it will always show a white square even if it is fully upgraded!

Bohrio wrote: »
    It has been like this since they patched it and removed the hive disruptor.

So unless you got your blackhammer before the patch it will always show a white square even if it is fully upgraded!

Ah OK, that makes sense. At least I know Bungie will fix it at some point if it is affecting everybody.

Is there any other use for the Crux? Got another one, but already have Nechochasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,105 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ah OK, that makes sense. At least I know Bungie will fix it at some point if it is affecting everybody.

Is there any other use for the Crux? Got another one, but already have Nechochasm.

Nope just used to get the Necrochasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Handy if you need a spare tennis ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,921 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just need a Red Death to drop or be in Xurs upgrade list on Friday and I will have all the guns I want.

(currently doing PI and Bad Juju bounties). Thunderlord dropped yesterday. Now... to upgrade them all.

Just need a Red Death to drop or be in Xurs upgrade list on Friday and I will have all the guns I want.

(currently doing PI and Bad Juju bounties). Thunderlord dropped yesterday. Now... to upgrade them all.

I've been waiting for Red Death upgrade for a while now. Just need Monte Carlo and Hardlight to complete my exotic collection. Never seen either drop for anybody in my fireteam, I've given up hope.

Nope just used to get the Necrochasm.

Ah, you should be able to trade it in with Eris for a bunch of energy or shards. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Does Necrochasm have the same issue with not getting the Gold Outline? Upgrade mine yesterday and it still has the white border.

Also, I'm looking for a group to put together to basically rush 10 exotic drop points:

4 Drops: I have 2 checkpoints on 2 characters at Normal Ir Yut (1 exotic drop on Ir Yut and 1 on Crota)
    6 Drops: Then run a hard VoG, get as far as the Gorgans chest, have everyone change characters to another 2 characters and get the checkpoint, then go back to the 1st team of 6, open the chest with each character, have 1 person solo the Maze and Platforming and have the other 5 re-join for Gatekeepers, rinse and repeat from the Gorgans chest (1x Exotic Chest and 1x Exotic Atheon Drop)

If we have a group of 6 with 3 guardians each we could get this done in an evening at the weekend.

Who would be up for it?

10 separate chances at exotic drops and 5 chances at boss weapon loot, hard to pass it up :P

Found this on Reddit.

A tool for creating and managing loadouts in Destiny.

It is newly created, and very much in early development according to the creator so it is a bit rough. A lot of promise though, and it could be awesome with so more dev and user input.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2xvwf8/misc_dim_destiny_item_manager_loadouts/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Cormac, I am pretty sure you know already that i would be interested by the drop run ;)

I have the Gorgans Chest Checkpoint already.

Cormac, I am pretty sure you know already that i would be interested by the drop run ;)

I have the Gorgans Chest Checkpoint already.

Great, no messing around with those 1st 4 tedious checkpoints (Spire, Confluxes, Oracles, Templar). So that means we can basically speed run 5 half raids

When do you want to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ran the NF and weekly last night. NF = Legendary Sniper "The Chosen", a FWC gun. From the weekly got a legendary helm engram. I think Rahool was having an off day as it turned into ??????

After the raid run last night, I ONLY need 26 shards for 32. I have a second Titan sitting at quarter way through 19, so get her to 20 will give a second run. Then I can concentrate on my forgotten Warlock, who has been languishing down on 25 for quite a while now.

For anyone who didn't hear (during my crazy slog to level my Titan), I finally got Platnium and became legend! Thank you all for the good times :)

fvOx52z.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't hear (during my crazy slog to level my Titan), I finally got Platnium and became legend! Thank you all for the good times :)

Is that a final sign off till HoW drops? :pac:

Is that a final sign off till HoW drops? :pac:

Not quite, gonna try and work off some of my Grimore Score while doing patrols, (I can triple/quadruple dip on some of these missing cards), and I'm still hunting for the elusive Thunderlord. Plus I wanna hit 32 with my Titan. I'll probably start playing Raids and Strikes a little less after this week. But I enjoy PvP too much to completely put the game down. Will have to get some use out of my 9 months of free Vita games and all the other PS4 titles I got over X-Mass. Also drunk raiding at the weekend is too much fun (for me haha) to stop :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Last Word from Crota on normal and my second Gjallahorn from the Deathsinger, not a bad evening's work. I sharded both of course :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have 75% of the achievements. A few of them will be easy to get once I try:

- Assist in 20 Salvage captures (I hate salvage so hardly play it)
    - Vanguard Rank 3 (hardly ever rank Vanguard on my characters, usually crucible or faction)
    - Maximum vanguard score
    - fully upgrade Titan subclass (My titan is level 2)

Some will be difficult:

- Flawless raider
    - Raid with full clan team

And some annoying:

- 50 dead ghosts
    - Kill Hunter, Titan and Warlock without dying in PvP (I find that a lot of Crucible teams don't have one of each class in them anyway :( )

http://destinyghosthunter.net
    Makes getting the dead ghosts easy, just check it before you do a mission, patrol, daily or weekly strike.
    There's usually 4-8 you can grab in a given run

Salvage is active now if anyone wants to get that Trophy.

Whats really most important about Platnium though is that neither Sniper nor Rossi have it :D

• Advertisement

Is there a way to see online what trophies you are missing?

I know I am missing the following:

Assist in 20 Salvage captures
    Fully upgrade Warlock
    50 Dead Ghosts

I think there is at least 1 more I am missing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement