Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

So their finally going to fix the heavy ammo bug ......

Pulled from IGN ..
    Bungie is working on fix for a bug that causes Destiny players to lose heavy weapon ammo that it hopes to deploy before the end of February, according to this week’s developer blog.

The glowing purple ammunition is used in heavy weaponry like the Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun. Players can collect heavy ammo from the field or by purchasing it from the Gunsmith with in-game currency Glimmer.

The bug that Bungie has been tracking “for some time now” causes players to lose Heavy Ammo in PVE activities in a number of scenarios, such as when they die, return to orbit or encounter a cutscene. Bungie sandbox engineer Jon Cable and his team have identified the issue and are working on finalizing the solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I just presumed that was part of the game. I quite liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Everyone leave a sherry, a slice of christmas cake and a carrot out for you know who?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Found this on my ps4, can anyone figure it out? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Xur is by the Speaker.

MK 44 Strider
    Starfire Protacall
    Can't Touch Me
    Dragons Breath
    Gauntlet Engram

NO HEAVY SYNTHS AGAIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Don't touch me gauntlets, cheers sperm face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Xur is by the Speaker.

MK 44 Strider
    Starfire Protacall
    Can't Touch Me
    Dragons Breath
    Gauntlet Engram

NO HEAVY SYNTHS AGAIN

Ah same thing he had 3 weeks ago... another useless visit, he should have stayed home and relax

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Found this on my ps4, can anyone figure it out? lol

Armour piercing rounds I think, he was aiming at a guy sniping further way, other guy strafed in front and the shot got both of them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Armour piercing rounds I think, he was aiming at a guy sniping further way, other guy strafed in front and the shot got both of them.

He is me :P doesn't look like they line up for me but I do get both, quite odd. Don't think its armour piercing as I was like level 15 ranking up a new character

No heavy ammo synth? **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Worst.....Xur......Ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ah same thing he had 3 weeks ago... another useless visit, he should have stayed home and relax

142 Strange Coins and can't give them away :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

FFS Xur no ammo synths, In the last week I have used about 20 heavy ammo and I am low on glimmer. In fairness the last 3 CE raids I have got 2 hunger of Crotas, Black Hammer, Light of the Abyss and the song if ir yut. Not to mention the full amour for Warlock each piece at a time

Aswell as the CE ship and lots of shards n ****.

Happy Out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

No Helm of Saint-14. Again.
    No Gjallahorn. Again.

Please predetermined RNGeesus loot table, let me be a scrub Xurner who doesn't earn anything he gets. Pretty please with a cherry sherry on top?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    FFS Xur no ammo synths, In the last week I have used about 20 heavy ammo and I am low on glimmer. In fairness the last 3 CE raids I have got 2 hunger of Crotas, Black Hammer, Light of the Abyss and the song if ir yut. Not to mention the full amour for Warlock each piece at a time

Aswell as the CE ship and lots of shards n ****.

Happy Out

Ah stop bragging :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

I was kicking myself not to have gotten the glove the last time ... at the same time i can solo the abyss in HM without them ... Still gonna get them.

Of course a ghorn would have been nice, but what I really need at this stage is a suros or reddeath... or mask of the third man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Ooh think I'll get those Gloves for my Bladedancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,936 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

At least his engram is gauntlets - so I will finally get an exotic gauntlet for my Titan. Rest of it... feck off Xur.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ffs, no synths again.

I was kicking myself not to have gotten the glove the last time ... at the same time i can solo the abyss in HM without them ... Still gonna get them.

Of course a ghorn would have been nice, but what I really need at this stage is a suros or reddeath... or mask of the third man

How do you solo the abyss in HM ?

Since the last patch, I managed :

- With my Titan ( 31 at the time ) : jump from behind the rock of the second lamp, go to the end, start the bridge, jump on a rock, Snipe the Ogre while he moves from right to left. Once he starts firing at you, make your bubble ( Bastion give you 15 sec more ), and wait. once the bridge is formed, cross. you can buy more time with Patience and Time. at 32 with Weapon of light, you can take the ogre down.

- with the Hunter, go from lamp to lamp - try to stop at each lamp and trigger your invisibility( Stalker + Shadowjack ). if your cooldown is still going use "escape artist" ( melee ) ... and keep your Super "Vanish" ability for the end.

Same for the finish, jump on a rock, crouch ... try to slow down \ take down the ogre. Then try to hide as much as you can until the bridge is form ... I like the 2 pilar at the entrance of the bridge. once the bridge is built ... run for your life ;)

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    How do you solo the abyss in HM ?

I've researched this extensively on youtube and there are a number of ways.

You can jump from a rock formation by the second lamp up onto a ledge and can then walk unhassled to the bridge spawn where you hop onto a rock to defeat the Ogre(s)

A blade dancer with invisability / invisible blink strike / don't touch me gloves can navigate the abbys pretty easy. Jump on aforementioned rock at the end. Also seen a bladedancer jump onto the lamps and progress to the end that way.

I've seen a defender titan with helm of st-14 do it - highly skilled player

All classes can do it.

Max agility seems to be very important. Mida or Vex will help a lot.

Despite knowing all this I haven't made it past the second lamp. I'm really going to practice this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

RANT INCOMING...

Am I the only one with one of each class who enjoys playing as all of them as part of actually enjoying the (limited amount of) game?

Spending 8 hours redoing the campaign only to continue using the exact same class and doing constant runs back and forth to the tower.
    Only to then re-do the exact same stuff with the exact same weapons and the exact same perks all just to get armour etc faster does not appeal to me.

Each to their own, but I quiet like having a different play style.

A really good example of this would be my regular Crota group normally do 2 runs.
    And at least 3 of us change classes for the 2nd run and we usually get 2 new/different people in (Rossi is usually a Titan both times).
    It's really satisfying developing a strategy for doing a raid with 2 Warlocks and 4 Titans and then trying to do the same raid with 2 Warlocks, 3 Hunters and 1 Titan.

I think racing to get to level 30 or 32 or whatever the cap is is all well and good.
    But without having any duplicate characters or redoing the story I've gotten my Hunter and Warlock to 32 already just by playing the main game once a week.
    Considering there's like 8 weeks between now and HoW, I don't see the need for this mad rush to hit 32 with multiple characters, it only leads to burn out.

I guess once you finally have 3 of the same at 32, the process is slightly quicker to repeat each time as you only need 1 full set of armour and you can cycle that..... but I think anyone would be hard pushed to call it fun.

The weirdest thing I see is people dismissing class and subclass types hand over fist cause they "don't like their jump" or "they have cr@p XX stats". It's akin to complaining you can't take a load of damage in an RPG if you're playing as a spell caster.

I think it's kind fun and interesting to be able to re-spec your class during different sections in a raid.
    Maybe I'm just more into this than other people given that I was rocking a choice of about 4 different armour loud-outs for my Warlock alone just so I could "a-ha Skirmish! I have a helm for this, and I can use Auto Rifles with the this matching reload perk on these gloves" etc.

The very best example is me and Wes having to readjust our play style COMPLETELY for the Hard Crota for 3/4 sections.
    Where we had been using Sunsingers before, now we're using Voidwalkers.
    And we're having intereresting conversations about how to spec our stats, nova bombs, grenades etc to help us support the other guys by spawning orbs and clearing paths etc.
    Good times :)

I'm not judging, I just think instead of encouraging players to have 3 of 1 class so they can "get some shards a week or 2 earlier by grinding, not only on your own - but dragging mates through the same process to power level you, a 2nd and 3rd character to level 20" is crazy.

If you're new to the game and hovering around level 28... GOOD JOB!!!
    Don't feel like you're left behind cause you're not 30 or 32 or whatever.
    If you're having fun and playing the game and enjoying it, keep it up!
    Once you start to think "I really don't want to do this, but I'm gonna do it just so I can hit lvlXX" or whatever, that's not a game, it's work.

I didn't even bother trying to defeat Crota in the 1st week the Hard Raid was out as it was just "work", I was ok with making my way as far as Crota himself and calling it a week at that.
    I've 304 hours as a Warlock, 82 hours as a hunter and 2 hours as a titan (cannot afford time wise to level that until HoW) and I don't regret it.
    I even like trying out the different subclasses cause you can see their strengths and weakness.
    My Raid groups are forever giving each other advice on how to spec our classes cause we understand each others classes which is cool.

I know someones gonna read this and go "well I hit 32 on my 3 Titans within only 4 hours cause schmee scheme scheme schmee scheme *smug face*", but we all know that was just for the sake of it.

TL:DR: From a Destiny Veteran who has an OH, no kids, a full time job and a decent work life balance, don't get hung up on having multiple of the same characters. You're biting off your nose to spite you face.
    Try getting a 2nd character through the main story and see if you like the experience, maybe that exact subclass isn't for you but you'll have had some fun, experienced something a bit different and you'll get a bit of a laugh like "oh god, I've never done the VoG jumping puzzle as a hunter, bare with me lads, *guardian down*", or "wow, I can see why Nova Bomb + Obsidian Mind is so helpful for the Abyss now" or "HelmOfSaint14DefenderInPvPSalvageMasterRace" etc etc.

Don't feel pressured to be part of some non-existent elite group by hitting a number on a screen.
    One of my best mates is consistantly 4 or 5 levels behind me (LaudeMagnum) and it hasn't stopped me and him farming some Venus chests on Patrol or doing VoG normal mode or re-do weekly strikes etc.
    If it's fun, do it. If it's grinding just for the sake of grindings sake, maybe ask yourself do you really want to do this?
    The amount of people here (and on Reddit/Bungie etc) that will say Warlock is best, or Hunter is best or Titan is best will attest to the fact that each class is kind of cool and well balanced (for the most part).
    I don't like how I can die easily as a hunter, but I do like going invisible etc.
    Hunters were cr@p in VoG, but now they are really helpful in CE.
    Void walkers were a heap of cr@p overall until Obsidian Mind arrived.

TL:DR:TL:DR: Light Level is just a number, it's the fun, social aspect and the experience that matters :)

Cormac you're post's too long to quote but I totally agree. I have one of each and have no interest in in deleting any of them.
    Obviously the Titan is the most powerful and best looking :p but the other classes offer a bit of variety & I enjoy playing with them.
    Each to their own however.

Since the last patch, I managed :

- With my Titan ( 31 at the time ) : jump from behind the rock of the second lamp, go to the end,

Ive never managed to make that jump and i usually have ice breaker equipped at the time too :(

I run 1 of each type too, Warlock being the best of course, and have 1 at 32 and the other 2 at 31, and have only ran about 8 raids in total. Im only on every now and then due to shift work, but as cormac says there no rush to get them all to 32

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Cormac you're post's too long to quote but I totally agree. I have one of each and have no interest in in deleting any of them.
    Obviously the Titan is the most powerful and best looking :p but the other classes offer a bit of variety & I enjoy playing with them.
    Each to their own however.

It got to the stage where even the TL:DR needed it's own TL:DR :pac:

you really need to change all your skills in your skill tree for max ability ( titan codex, Lift - etc )

Meh I have to disagree, I have one of each and regret it as the effort required to keep them all at high level content is too high. When HoW comes out I'm gonna wanna complete the raid day 1, when HM for HoW comes out I'm gonna wanna complete that on day 1 too, I'd be able to do these with less grinding of boring strikes and bounties if I had 3 Hunters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I actually started a 2nd warlock, but really couldn't be bothered to level them up to 20. Just didn't see much point trying to level any faster.

Would be interesting to try a Titan or Hunter at some point, but I have a ton of other games to play, so will probably stick with the one for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I have 1 of each character. I like having the variety but I was very short on materials for a while. Warlock and Titan are both 31 and I should have my Hunter up to 31 soon (but I rarely use this character).

I might try to solo the Abyss with my Hunter some time soon. I was playing with Gerard and a few others on Tuesday and a guy solo'd it on HM for us. Can't remember who it was, but it was hilarious listening to the screams and panic when he got to the bridge! Fair play to him though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement