Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Now, in fairness, it does seem that a Mars release for House of Wolves could have been better than a May release ... May is a long time away. and Comet is even further away !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Was looking to purchase a new legendary machine gun and asked for some recommendations last week. Top 2 went as Against All Odds and Deviant Gravity-A so I opted for AAO, not great perks but we'll see how it performss once ranked up.

I then went on to state,
    dudeeile wrote: »
    and going by the way Destiny works, I'll get a sweet ass drop during the next 2 weeks anyway.

Sooooo after completing the NF Deviant Gravity drops #Megaman, perks are Hip Fire and Who's next (strange one for LMG) but also has Perfect Balance as an option so this could be my weapon for the next IB.

After logging on last night got an invite to give a hand to defeat Crota, 3 guys had made it all the way there and had failed to drop him after a couple of attempts. There was 4 in the group when I joined and then gtroni joined in. For maybe 10mins work MIDA dropped for me and roni got Jelly Horn that he completly missed, I would have been more excited for him had I known he didn't have it already, much congrats. The 3 lads that slogged out the whole raid ended up with shards and energy, no hard feelings or so they said.
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Also, I'm looking for a group to put together to basically rush 10 exotic drop points

If this is taking place at the weekend I'd like a spot, got my Titan at 32, Warlock at 31 and Hunter now at 28. I still have loads to do to rank up the subclasses so I'll be playing Destiny for quite a bit longer but can hopefully start to give some time to GTA as it's been ignored since xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Now, in fairness, it does seem that a Mars release for House of Wolves could have been better than a May release ... May is a long time away. and Comet is even further away !!!!

I think a May release of HoW makes sense - splits the time between Crota hard and Comet nicely.

However, Bungie needed to do more between December and May outside of a DLC release.

We should have got a Queens Wrath event and something new/similar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Queens Wrath event -- oooh yeah :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was thinking of this recently, it would basically have been out next week (Tuesday March 10th) if you go by the initial plans. But then the negatives would have been there would be 6 months of a gap there between HoW and Comet.

The positive side of the deal is that, we can at least hope, that Bungie learned a lot about what the players/fans expect from a €20 expansion.
    The non raid content was about 2 hours and the resetting Exotics or the fact tower gear was lvl31 burned a lot of players.
    Since so many people bought the expansion pass with the base game, they know that HoW is their last chance to give players some value and an proper insight into how they make this a 10year game.

There was an article recently showing that the fact they pushed back HoW might be the best thing for the franchise, cause if they f**k up HoW it could mean the franchise will be dead and buried as with games like this you need a solid core of hardcore gamers to keep the community going.
    And most of the hardcore players will be early-adopters, players who got it Day 1 or at Christmas year 1. If you only have a fraction of that community left when the comet release arrives, all new comet players will simply play it as any other AAA yearly release. It'll be like an Assassins Creed game to people, pick up, play for 2 weeks, put down.

A bad HoW release and a bad choice of price point for Comet could spell the end of the series.
    Then again, Bungie does seem to take on board peoples advice and is working to make the game better.
    Increased Vault space isn't something that you throw 2 junior coders on for a week and *poof*.

They're probably be another 2 major updates, 1.1.2 and 1.2.1 between now and HoW.
    If they make the VoG relevant again, balance the exotics, fix the amount of maps and game types in PvP and increase vault space, they'll be doing well in the interim.
    The things we all dread, are the things they know NOT to do, and have pretty much said they won't (let tower gear out rank raid gear, have exotics completely reset, make Hard Raid just bullet sponges etc).

If you simply look at the changes they have implemented in 6 months, there's a lot of good there with the bad.

How many of us would still be playing with 5 bounty slots, farming chests for materials, and almost no logic built into the coding to get Raid armour to drop. If i had to play CE normal 12 times to get 3 bits of armour, i'd probably have bowed out by now.

Also, it's worth saying that it's pretty safe to say about 80%+ of the PS players who are still playing are because of the social aspect of playing with clan members.
    dudeeile wrote: »
    If this is taking place at the weekend I'd like a spot, got my Titan at 32, Warlock at 31 and Hunter now at 28. I still have loads to do to rank up the subclasses so I'll be playing Destiny for quite a bit longer but can hopefully start to give some time to GTA as it's been ignored since xmas.

Ok, well that's 3 of us so far.
    Me, Dudeeile, GTRoni.... anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Anyone on for a run at CE tonight (NM or HM) on X1?

I'm hoping to get on for an hour or 2 this evening. Maybe around 9. If we run NM, we should try for the Flawless Raider. I noticed Mick and Ger got it last night.

Just on a little side note there, I got a second Armamentarium chest piece for my Titan and noticed that the Discipline level on the new one it a lot higher. I knew of the variances between legendary gear but this slightly different stat on exotics was not expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

I'm hoping to get on for an hour or 2 this evening. Maybe around 9. If we run NM, we should try for the Flawless Raider. I noticed Mick and Ger got it last night.

I got it as well but true to form it hasn't popped yet :(

Yeah the stat rolls can vary by quite a bit on the exotic gear. You can get stats over 155. Not sure what the maximum is.

Yea my original one is maxed at 135 and the new one has a base of 153 I think, substantial really.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For Gunslinger what roll is better for the crota guantlets:

99 Discipline

or

52 intellect
    45 strength

can't decide. :(

It might help to take the other items of armour into consideration when making that choice.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

gerard got two jellyhorn drops tonight in the space of an hour. :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

awec wrote: »
    For Gunslinger what roll is better for the crota guantlets:

99 Discipline

or

52 intellect
    45 strength

can't decide. :(

Depends on your other rolls, should be looking to max intellect and discipline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Xur is back, good to see some new weapons for a change

Helm 14
    Young Ahamkara's Spine
    Skull of dire Ahamkara
    and yes... the Ice Breaker again

Most importantly it has heavy ammo synths

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's exactly what that reddit dude predicted (I think)
    Definately said Helm of St 14/ IB and Warlock Helm (which is the last piece of armour I need)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That's exactly what that reddit dude predicted (I think)
    Definately said Helm of St 14/ IB and Warlock Helm (which is the last piece of armour I need)

Predicted synths today too, I definitely won't forget to buy them this time :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any titans out there defiently buy Saint 14.

Who's up for a titan blinding bubble train through the Abyss :)

Yeah, I'm going to run the weekly a few times and then stock up on synths.

Got my second Crota kill as swordbearer last night. It was a bit glitchy and there were only 5 of us, but we got him in the end. Someone in the fireteam wished for Suros, and he got it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Any titans out there defiently buy Saint 14.

Who's up for a titan blinding bubble train through the Abyss :)

It is THE Exotic I've been waiting for. Been rocking Glasshouse for the longest time. Got Skullfort from a Legendary Engram on Tuesday, which looks like it could be very useful for Scrotum's End HM probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Got my second Crota kill as swordbearer last night. It was a bit glitchy and there were only 5 of us, but we got him in the end. Someone in the fireteam wished for Suros, and he got it!!
    Good job on the sword dude. The glitch in certainly got better after we quit to orbit and went back in.

I think it was Mandrake that prayed to RNGesus for the Suros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Yeah - it was Mandrake.

Good job last night Steve - it was frustrating alright, but you kept your cool as swordbearer far more than I did as rocket launcher!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nice one! Found it very glitchy last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah I noticed this as well, we had 4 runs and they were all glitchy as hell.

We had about 6 or 7 attempts at first, and in the final attempt the lads hit him with the usual barrage of rockets and his shield didn't take damage AT ALL!! At that stage we were thinking of leaving it for another night. We went to orbit, and when we rejoined the game felt much better (and fairer!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

my 3 man team had a few goes at Crota last night without any success. At least we seem to have figured out how to defeat the deathsinger within a few attempts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Did anyone break it to him that they've nerfed suros into oblivion?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

megamans predictions for next week:

Nightfall:
    Archon Priest... RAINBOW BURN! Epic. No juggler. No lightswitch. Gonna be a piece of piss!
    Heroic
    Void Burn

Xur:
    Crest of Alpha Lupi, Ruin Wings, Mida Multi Tool, Dragons Breath, Obsidian Mind, Apothosies Veil

The Xur stuff seems unlikely to be correct - unless he was saying the sold items will be amongst those, not all of them.

AdamD wrote: »
    Did anyone break it to him that they've nerfed suros into oblivion?

Abyss Defiant didn't seem anywhere near as effective anymore when I was using it last night either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

megamans predictions for next week:

Nightfall:
    Archon Priest... RAINBOW BURN! Epic. No juggler. No lightswitch. Gonna be a piece of piss!
    Heroic
    Void Burn

Xur:
    Crest of Alpha Lupi, Ruin Wings, Mida Multi Tool, Dragons Breath, Obsidian Mind, Apothosies Veil

The Xur stuff seems unlikely to be correct - unless he was saying the sold items will be amongst those, not all of them.

March 13th

No Backup Plans (77/83 Str)
    Crest of Alpha Lupi - Hunter (157/169 Str!!!)
    Light Beyond Nemesis (108/115 Str)
    Universal Remote
    Gauntlet Engram
    No Heavy Ammo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement