Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Will top up my heavy ammo, still have plenty left from the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

wes wrote: »
    Will top up my heavy ammo, still have plenty left from the last time.

Yeah, think I'll top up with another 10 coins worth or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    Did anyone break it to him that they've nerfed suros into oblivion?

Has the auto rifle nerf made a big difference in PvP? I heard it was only a 2.5% damage downgrade which didn't seem a big deal but is coupled with a range nerf which is significant according to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Has the auto rifle nerf made a big difference in PvP? I heard it was only a 2.5% damage downgrade which didn't seem a big deal but is coupled with a range nerf which is significant according to a friend.

The nerf is felt more in ARs with Higher impact, aiming down sights of a Suros, it's about 15%, or 1 extra body shot

Cormac... wrote: »
    The nerf is felt more in ARs with Higher impact, aiming down sights of a Suros, it's about 15%, or 1 extra body shot

I'll dust off the Vex so next time I go into the Crucible.

Alwaysanoob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'll dust off the Vex so next time I go into the Crucible.

Alwaysanoob

Vex is still good in medium range, I'd be inclined to go for range perk over field scout for general PvP usage. Also prepare to spawn with only 2 clips 1st time, start grabbing those secondary ammo chests early :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    Vex is still good in medium range, I'd be inclined to go for range perk over field scout for general PvP usage. Also prepare to spawn with only 2 clips 1st time, start grabbing those secondary ammo chests early :)

Yup I always take the extra Vex ammo in PvE but the Range and Accuracy perk in PvP. Tbh I'm not great in PvP so will tend to go with the Suros or Vex. I must try the handcannons but I've always been useless with pistols. I need guns that fire a lot of bullets fast.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nice one! Found it very glitchy last night too.

Yea we were doing it as three and I was jumping up with the sword and he was doing dodgy things.

He'd start going down on a knee but then I'd die as if he hit me. Or he'd be hit with the rockets and it would take like 3 seconds before he starts going down.

I think you just need to ignore his animation and once the rockets hit him just try hit him. Was doing damage with the sword once or twice while he was still standing up and looking like he was going to shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Decided to do the thorn bounty on my titan and I'm at the crucible part now, 2 games in and I'm at 163/500 so hopefully I might be able to manage this part of it faster than I did on my other character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

This nasty little piece of info here had completely passed me by and my Suros hasn't been getting much use of late but now I'm very sad indeed:(. Suppose better to get the bad news here than in a crucible game.

• Advertisement

Crucible portion of the thorn bounty done, was even easier than the last time I did it.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Crucible portion of the thorn bounty done, was even easier than the last time I did it.

Is that the void damage one? I have no good void guns, can't get that done at all :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    Is that the void damage one? I have no good void guns, can't get that done at all :(

Is it the hunter you have it on? It's handier for titan/warlocks as they both have a void subclass so your melee,grenade and (in the case of the warlock) super kills count towards it too.

I did it as a hunter myself using a void sniper and void heavy machine gun, it didn't take too long either, it did mean I had to employ pretty ****ty tactics in PvP though :o

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is it the hunter you have it on? It's handier for titan/warlocks as they both have a void subclass so your melee,grenade and (in the case of the warlock) super kills count towards it too.

I did it as a hunter myself using a void sniper and void heavy machine gun, it didn't take too long either, it did mean I had to employ pretty ****ty tactics in PvP though :o
    I did it on my Titan, to be honest the epilogue was ripping people up, I barely had to use my heavy machine gun at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wexdevil wrote: »
    I did it on my Titan, to be honest the epilogue was ripping people up, I barely had to use my heavy machine gun at all.

I didn't have the virtue of a void primary at the time, with the CE hand cannon now it would be pretty handy I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Word of Crota is a bit pwp in PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Few Roc strikes last night, and got MIDA from an end roll. Nice little scout, third eye very handy.

Any CE Norm going tonight, be on around 10ish, or if anyone would like to carry me through HM, that would be cool. Need a helm or chest piece on the road to 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Sorry for dropping out last night so suddenly during Crota HM, my PSN connection went down tried rebooting everything but no joy. So annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone for Crota tonight? I've the deathsinger checkpoint - could do a full HM run as well.

We should have three ready to go around 8

Anyone on xb1 right now want to help me kill Xyor as part of the Thorn bounty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did the vault and crota with the lads last night got a few bits and pieces but today I took Batin and Bandit to get the gorgon's chest.
    Bandit got two gjallerhorns. One for both of his charecter.
    Quickest I've seen two gjallerhorns got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

A dubious task or a light in the dark bounty?? I'm edging towards the light in the dark tbh..exotic hand cannon would be nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Did a weekly with matchmaking earlier. Me and two 27s. 130 kills for me, 20 odd each for them. Won't be doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Did a weekly with matchmaking earlier. Me and two 27s. 130 kills for me, 20 odd each for them. Won't be doing that again.

It's like showing first years around the secondary school all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Seriously ... what's the deal with AFKing on strikes?!

I've seen so much of It now on ROC strikes that I watch the other players like hawks to make sure they're not taking the proverbial.

Earlier I did the summoning pits with another 32 and a 31. The 31 played the full way through the strike until the end, when he hid behind a rock (back left from the entrance point of view).

At first I thought he was off to make a cup of tea or something, but whenever a choppy knight would go for him he'd suddenly come to and kill it, then return to hide again. Eventually I went over and pushed against him until he was forced out of cover. He melee hit me to show his annoyance and then started playing.

What the hell sort of game is it that incentivises a level 31 to hide and NOT partake in the game rather than to partake?

That's just one example of many in the past few weeks. I just don't get it

A dubious task or a light in the dark bounty?? I'm edging towards the light in the dark tbh..exotic hand cannon would be nice :)

A light in the dark gives you the THORN. Very sweet handcannon. You'll need a decent void gun for PvP to get through one of the legs.
    A dubious task is the Invective which is a pretty decent shotgun, if you're into that type of thing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

What the hell sort of game is it that incentivises a level 31 to hide and NOT partake in the game rather than to partake?

That's just one example of many in the past few weeks. I just don't get it

Complete a strike without dying bounty?

The best strike for that is the Mars / DLC one.
    Spawn
    Run up steps
    Turn round
    You're alone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

McG wrote: »
    Complete a strike without dying bounty?

That, and the 5 strikes without dying part of the Invective exotic bounty.

They really need to implement an auto kick if you haven't moved for a couple of minutes, or if you haven't contributed at all to the strike, or a really nasty auto die if you haven't done a combination of the above.

• Advertisement

If you run ahead to a darkness zone and kill yourself it will wipe the AFKers too I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement