Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

McG wrote: »
    Complete a strike without dying bounty?

He died in the first room in the first wave. It wasn't that. Even still, I'd the same bounty on and it never occurred to me to cower behind a rock - a 31 on a ROC hiding?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If you run ahead to a darkness zone and kill yourself it will wipe the AFKers too I think.

I was wondering whether that would work.

Pushing him out of cover worked well enough. I was tempted to rocket kill myself on top of him too, but pushing him into the line of fire worked well enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Took me a while, but I finally found this thread! Oops! I've been posting more random chat on the PSN clan chat, that I could have been having here!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

What a day i had on sunday,did flawless raider with boards guys (most nervous session of gaming ever) and then this happened in the evening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No dancing at the end, not sure how I feel about that now tbh :-/

• Advertisement

well done Salty, it's a great achievement. The other half (not in clan, bit of a lone wolf!) learned to solo in the past 2 weeks, and sent his 3 32's through with Gally and same method at the steps. Managed the Templar once too. Worst part for me is sitting there watching when my sorry ass could be hiding in the crystal room getting free drops! Money's too tight for 2 PS4's!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I finally got Gjallahorn this weekend, Atheon decided to oblige (got Patience & time from the exotic chest in the same run). All I am missing from VoG is the Vex.
    Ran CE with a group from DestinyLFG. We flew through the start of the raid but the lad who did the sword was all over the shop at Crota. Stuck at it for over an hour, eventually we got in someone who could run the sword and got it at the second attempt, I got black hammer and Red death from that drop.
    Add in the fact that I completed 3 exotic bounties -- incl pocket infinity which meant I could dismantle all those blue fusion rifles cluttering my vault -- it turned out to be a productive weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

What hand cannon is he using in that video? It's an insane monster.

And he's one shot killing Knights with the Black Hammer :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,104 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

quad_red wrote: »
    What hand cannon is he using in that video? It's an insane monster.

And he's one shot killing Knights with the Black Hammer :eek:

Its fatebringer. He's one shorting the knights because its Normal mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

gimli2112 wrote: »
    A light in the dark gives you the THORN. Very sweet handcannon. You'll need a decent void gun for PvP to get through one of the legs.
    A dubious task is the Invective which is a pretty decent shotgun, if you're into that type of thing. :D

was gonna go with the Thorn..have no real use for the shotgun. Have you done the bounty? How is the summoning pits part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

was gonna go with the Thorn..have no real use for the shotgun. Have you done the bounty? How is the summoning pits part?

It's not too bad overall imho, it's a level 26 strike i thin but you can't wait in the cheese room ,wizard spawns after like 4-6 minutes in the main room, best off invite some clanmates in for that part if you're struggling

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah I've done it twice for myself and helped friends a few times. It's not too bad, harder than a normal summoning pits but when you're doing it you invariably think "Jesys I don't remember it being this hard!" :rolleyes:

The bit everyone hates is the PvP and killing enemies with void. I was lucky as I had a void Plug 1 (pre-patch) and a fully levelled up Truth which basically makes you unkillable, if you get your hands on heavy ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I done it a few weeks ago found it near impossible alone but managed to get two guys on the Destiny app who were at the same part of the bounty as me, I'd recommended you do the same if you can't get someone to jump in with you.

Basically all you have to do is clear the room and damage Phogoth (do not kill) a bit until the first enemy ships spawns and then repeat untill a third ship spawns,on the third ship yea man(can't remember his name) will spawn then just kill him and your done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Yeah I've done it twice for myself and helped friends a few times. It's not too bad, harder than a normal summoning pits but when you're doing it you invariably think "Jesys I don't remember it being this hard!" :rolleyes:

The bit everyone hates is the PvP and killing enemies with void. I was lucky as I had a void Plug 1 (pre-patch) and a fully levelled up Truth which basically makes you unkillable, if you get your hands on heavy ammo.

That is because the epic modifier is active on the Xyor strike, just like the nightfall. Its basically a no burn lvl 26 nightfall that you dont get kto on wipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Ah, that's fine so. I'm decent enough at PVP, but it does sound like it'll take some time to do..and I'm used to solo-ing that part of the pits when people go afk :pac:

Actually, come to think of it, I might need to get a void damage gun as I don't have one :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I did the Thorn bounty this weekend actually.

The Summoning Pits bit is ok if you have someone with you. It's probably solo-able but would take a long time. There is an area in the back left where you can hide behind a rock and Phogoth can't hit you directly.

The void damage in the crucible is the hardest part. I think it's +5 points for a kill using void damage and -2 points every time you die. To do it I switched my Warlock over to Voidwalker and equipped Atheon's epilogue (crap, but it's void), Praedyths revenge and corrective measure.

Hi guys,

I've been reading over Cormac's guide for flawless CE... And eager to get my 2nd last trophy...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2xcseq/guide_getting_flawless_raider_for_nonhardcore/
    Well done by the way, all encompassing and very comprehensive. I wrote down some notes from my perspective, with one or two questions which I hope ye can answer...

I bring a 32 Titan to the mix. I assume I'm going the defender route. Helm Of Saint 14 is maxed also.

Weapon choice queries...

Primaries: My only CE primary is Fang Of Ir Yut (maxed). Would that do the job for the majority of the raid, or do I need higher rate of fire option at certain points? Thrallway, defending totems, crystal room on launch of Crota fight etc. I'm an auto rifle guy, I have Up For Anything (maxed) and Vanquisher VIII (maxed). The Vanquisher has better impact, the 331 Shadow Price, but would it be as effective, or should I should I just stick with Fang?

Special weapons: Sniper wise... no Black Hammer, the only NM weapon I don't have :( Icebreaker (maxed), P&T(maxed), LDR5001 (maxed & solar), Efrideet's Spear (maxed & Arc, but better perks for fast reload on swordbearer). Advice on which to choose? Shotgun: I also have Swordbreaker (maxed & Void)), when (if) should I use it?

Rocket launchers: My best options with tracking are Truth (maxed) and Hunger Of Crota (maxed), no Gjallarhorn unfortunately. I'm assuming Hunger is the one to go for on Crota. Does it deal bonus damage on him in as far as taking down his shield that bit faster?

Machine Guns: I have Mega Harm's Way (Maxed & solar) & Zombie Apocalypse (maxed 300 & solar). Personally I still prefer Zombie, even in IB, the rate of fire, impact, and stability compliment each other nicely for precision head shots. Mega Harm's Way is tat bit more unruly, higher rate of fire and tat bit more unstable, but more powerful. Which would ye recommend of the 2? I have Thunderlord and Super Good Advice too, but haven't done much to upgrade either, but would get to work on them immediately, if ye think that one of them is more appropriate.

The raid: I'm think with most all of it! And barring a poxy thrall slapping me upside the back of my head, I should be able to hold my own. Questions at the bridge. Where do you recommend I should be popping bubbles in defense of totems and bridge plate? Which defender grenades do you recommend? I can switch bubble type as required too. Armour/Recovery/Agility... Can ye recommend a set up?

That's about all my questions I think!! Looking forward to the raid.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For anyone who needs XP there is an easy 10,000 on offer today. There are two Vanguard target bounties for the same story mission. Kill Simiks-3 and Grayliks in The Archive.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone need to kill Xyor on xbox one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Power cut/surge. PS4 not starting :-(

• Advertisement

Anyone online tomorrow morning for the NFs? I should be on around half nine for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone online tomorrow morning for the NFs? I should be on around half nine for an hour.

Don't think I'll be able to stay awake till then but will probably be on about 3pm if your about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'll jump on for one nightfall with ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Might be on about 10

Is it Archon Priest triple burn for the nightfall and void burn for the weekly ? Like Megaman predicted

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

edit: my eyes somehow read archon as nexus :/

Yes emmet, all as predicted.

That means Xur won't be selling me Gallahorn then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Has it already reset? I thought the reset was at 10 for the next couple of weeks - as the US clocks went forward last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

emmetkenny wrote: »
    That means Xur won't be selling me Gallahorn then :(

Give it up bud and wallow with me in the land of jealousy and self pity :o

• Advertisement

Has it already reset? I thought the reset was at 10 for the next couple of weeks - as the US clocks went forward last night.

Bungie don't reset their servers so the for us its 9 at the minute and after the clocks go forward it'll be 10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement