Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

PetKing wrote:
    bring a 32 Titan to the mix. I assume I'm going the defender route. Helm Of Saint 14 is maxed also.

Yes, 100%. Defender for the entirety with Helm of Saint 14, Blessing of Light and quicker region of Ward of Dawn
    Weapon choice queries...

Primaries: My only CE primary is Fang Of Ir Yut (maxed). Would that do the job for the majority of the raid, or do I need higher rate of fire option at certain points? Thrallway, defending totems, crystal room on launch of Crota fight etc. I'm an auto rifle guy, I have Up For Anything (maxed) and Vanquisher VIII (maxed). The Vanquisher has better impact, the 331 Shadow Price, but would it be as effective, or should I should I just stick with Fang?

Fang with higher faster reload, not "Tagging" perks
    Special weapons: Sniper wise... no Black Hammer, the only NM weapon I don't have :( Icebreaker (maxed), P&T(maxed), LDR5001 (maxed & solar), Efrideet's Spear (maxed & Arc, but better perks for fast reload on swordbearer). Advice on which to choose? Shotgun: I also have Swordbreaker (maxed & Void)), when (if) should I use it?

Maked Icebreaker with Linear Compensator
    Rocket launchers: My best options with tracking are Truth (maxed) and Hunger Of Crota (maxed), no Gjallarhorn unfortunately. I'm assuming Hunger is the one to go for on Crota. Does it deal bonus damage on him in as far as taking down his shield that bit faster?

No Rockets until Crota. At Crota himself use HoC
    Machine Guns: I have Mega Harm's Way (Maxed & solar) & Zombie Apocalypse (maxed 300 & solar). Personally I still prefer Zombie, even in IB, the rate of fire, impact, and stability compliment each other nicely for precision head shots. Mega Harm's Way is tat bit more unruly, higher rate of fire and tat bit more unstable, but more powerful. Which would ye recommend of the 2? I have Thunderlord and Super Good Advice too, but haven't done much to upgrade either, but would get to work on them immediately, if ye think that one of them is more appropriate.

Harms way as it's 331 and Solar, so more useful against wizards
    The raid: I'm think with most all of it! And barring a poxy thrall slapping me upside the back of my head, I should be able to hold my own. Questions at the bridge. Where do you recommend I should be popping bubbles in defense of totems and bridge plate? Which defender grenades do you recommend? I can switch bubble type as required too. Armour/Recovery/Agility... Can ye recommend a set up?

Just try to minimise your chances of anything getting to close to you, during the bridge, Helm of Saint 14 should be helpful, just pop it on the Totem or Bridge.
    It's use primarily Armour and Recovery. Agility is not important for most of the Raid. During the Crota fight, you can prioritise Armour and Agility. Grenades, use whatever one kills stuff (I like the defender one that unleashes 2 explosions as it does big damage to Knights).

My advice would be, for your 3 runs between now and the the attempt at Flawless, that you try not to die on any of those runs. Or if you do die, you know how to prevent it next time. If you do 3 Normal or Hard runs with the most amount of self preservation as possible on 3 characters, you should know what's required.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Don't suppose anyone is around on xbox one to knock out the nightfalls?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

wexdevil wrote: »
    Don't suppose anyone is around on xbox one to knock out the nightfalls?

I am: thiscostatenner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

PetKing wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've been reading over Cormac's guide for flawless CE... And eager to get my 2nd last trophy...
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2xcseq/guide_getting_flawless_raider_for_nonhardcore/
    Well done by the way, all encompassing and very comprehensive. I wrote down some notes from my perspective, with one or two questions which I hope ye can answer...

I bring a 32 Titan to the mix. I assume I'm going the defender route. Helm Of Saint 14 is maxed also.

Weapon choice queries...

Primaries: My only CE primary is Fang Of Ir Yut (maxed). Would that do the job for the majority of the raid, or do I need higher rate of fire option at certain points? Thrallway, defending totems, crystal room on launch of Crota fight etc. I'm an auto rifle guy, I have Up For Anything (maxed) and Vanquisher VIII (maxed). The Vanquisher has better impact, the 331 Shadow Price, but would it be as effective, or should I should I just stick with Fang?

Special weapons: Sniper wise... no Black Hammer, the only NM weapon I don't have :( Icebreaker (maxed), P&T(maxed), LDR5001 (maxed & solar), Efrideet's Spear (maxed & Arc, but better perks for fast reload on swordbearer). Advice on which to choose? Shotgun: I also have Swordbreaker (maxed & Void)), when (if) should I use it?

Rocket launchers: My best options with tracking are Truth (maxed) and Hunger Of Crota (maxed), no Gjallarhorn unfortunately. I'm assuming Hunger is the one to go for on Crota. Does it deal bonus damage on him in as far as taking down his shield that bit faster?

Machine Guns: I have Mega Harm's Way (Maxed & solar) & Zombie Apocalypse (maxed 300 & solar). Personally I still prefer Zombie, even in IB, the rate of fire, impact, and stability compliment each other nicely for precision head shots. Mega Harm's Way is tat bit more unruly, higher rate of fire and tat bit more unstable, but more powerful. Which would ye recommend of the 2? I have Thunderlord and Super Good Advice too, but haven't done much to upgrade either, but would get to work on them immediately, if ye think that one of them is more appropriate.

The raid: I'm think with most all of it! And barring a poxy thrall slapping me upside the back of my head, I should be able to hold my own. Questions at the bridge. Where do you recommend I should be popping bubbles in defense of totems and bridge plate? Which defender grenades do you recommend? I can switch bubble type as required too. Armour/Recovery/Agility... Can ye recommend a set up?

That's about all my questions I think!! Looking forward to the raid.

Just did CE this morning with a bunch of randoms. On our first run, at the deathsinger someone died and I said, shame, you could have got the flawless rider achievement. It was the only death so as we all needed to run it again we decided to go for the flawless rider achievement (I already have it but I didnt mind helping).

We were 5 32s, I followed the same steps as with my previous flawless with Cormac. Once you get the hang of it is not that difficult, you just need to be careful and dont over complicate things, the trickiest part is the deathsinger but again, if you are careful you will be ok.

We did it with 5 in just over 27 minutes. And these guys were all randoms, in the end, it is all about good communication and not taking risks.

I still need to do it on my xbox though! so hopefully someone might need to run it later this week.

Emmett, will you be online later? same time same place?

Bohrio wrote: »
    I followed the same steps as with my previous flawless with Cormac. Once you get the hang of it is not that difficult, you just need to be careful and dont over complicate things, the trickiest part is the deathsinger but again, if you are careful you will be ok.

I cannot stress this enough, it's all about being cool and calm.
    We had like a full minute to advance in the side door towards the death singer killing mobs before she started her song :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's very straight forward on CE to get flawless raider and by the time HoW comes out it will be no more than a formality. No need to overcomplicate things with specific loadouts etc. Pick weapons and subclass you would usually use and are comfortable with then just be patient and careful. If you know and are used to the mechanics of the raid then you'll get it in a couple tries.

I'm happy to help out on xbox Bohrio and Emmett if ye want to try at some stage this week. Will probably do the heroics tonight too as I need to restock on strage coins after spending anout 120 on synths there on Friday.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's very straight forward on CE to get flawless raider and by the time HoW comes out it will be no more than a formality. No need to overcomplicate things with specific loadouts etc. Pick weapons and subclass you would usually use and are comfortable with then just be patient and careful. If you know and are used to the mechanics of the raid then you'll get it in a couple tries.

I'm happy to help out on xbox Bohrio and Emmett if ye want to try at some stage this week. Will probably do the heroics tonight too as I need to restock on strage coins after spending anout 120 on synths there on Friday.

See you later then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I am: thiscostatenner

Were you having disconnect issues when you were trying to join myself and Merry earlier?

I must have had about 5 weasels while we were doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Were you having disconnect issues when you were trying to join myself and Merry earlier?

I must have had about 5 weasels while we were doing it.

Nope, no weasel messages just unable to join, was able to join wexdevil np

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea sounds good. I will be on around 7 Bohrio. Need to run 3 nightfalls and 3 weeklies, with the burns I'd say about 60 to 70 minutes to finish them all ?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Yea sounds good. I will be on around 7 Bohrio. Need to run 3 nightfalls and 3 weeklies, with the burns I'd say about 60 to 70 minutes to finish them all ?

Yeah, I have only run the nf on PS but it took me like 10 minutes to run each, the Archon fella was down within 10 seconds thanks to the mighty ghorn!

Yeah, I have only run the nf on PS but it took me like 10 minutes to run each, the Archon fella was down within 10 seconds thanks to the mighty ghorn!

Ah who needs a ghorn when you have Hunger of Crota :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ah who needs a ghorn when you have Hunger of Crota :(

Have faith, this week will be the week!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have faith, this week will be the week!

The last week they've been dropping like hotcakes. 6 recieved by boardsies in the last week that I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The last week they've been dropping like hotcakes. 6 recieved by boardsies in the last week that I know of.

I got another one today :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I reckon the hardest bit of CE for flawless raider will be the lamps at the very start due to the unpredictable nature of it. Very easy to get stuck on something or accidentally fall in to a hole.

That said, the glitchy-ness of Crota at the end could be frustrating too.

awec wrote: »
    I reckon the hardest bit of CE for flawless raider will be the lamps at the very start due to the unpredictable nature of it. Very easy to get stuck on something or accidentally fall in to a hole.

That said, the glitchy-ness of Crota at the end could be frustrating too.

A decent Bladedancer with 'Don't touch me' can solo that entire section to reduce risk

Yeah just having a hunter solo that bit is relatively risk free as long as nobody fires their rocket launcher while I'm running past.

Crota goes down quick enough too so the swordbearer can play it safe with only 3 hits while still having him dead before ogres. Glitches shouldn't be an issue there if you're really careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Biggest issue is NOT DYING when dropping in to the Abyss to be honest! As we found out last week...

Officially my worst week of NFs, ever. Got two fusion rifles (the new monarchy and dead orbit ones) and the vanguard hand cannon.

I got called in to do the NF by an American player I know... thought he was at the start but he was actually at the end. G'horn'd the hell out of the archon and cleared it in minutes. Him and his mate get exotics ... I get the hand cannon to the sound of "dude, your boy got f****d though - look at that piece of s**t! That's so chintz (no idea what that means: Despot) ... I mean, it's got five rounds! Happy with my Red Death though"

Thanks for that random American called Cephter. :)

To be fair the hand cannon rolled with outlaw - so five round mag shouldnt be an issue if I'm aiming, but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's not too bad Merry. When you have a week full of shards & energies you'll know all about disappointment.
    What are the fusions like/called? Don't think I've seen them before.
    I've thrashed a few decent handcannons recently as I have the exotics/Crota and FateBringer. Just wasn't using the others and needed space. Kinda regret thrashing the Red Hand now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Biggest issue is NOT DYING when dropping in to the Abyss to be honest! As we found out last week...

Officially my worst week of NFs, ever. Got two fusion rifles (the new monarchy and dead orbit ones) and the vanguard hand cannon.

I got called in to do the NF by an American player I know... thought he was at the start but he was actually at the end. G'horn'd the hell out of the archon and cleared it in minutes. Him and his mate get exotics ... I get the hand cannon to the sound of "dude, your boy got f****d though - look at that piece of s**t! That's so chintz (no idea what that means: Despot) ... I mean, it's got five rounds! Happy with my Red Death though"

Thanks for that random American called Cephter. :)

To be fair the hand cannon rolled with outlaw - so five round mag shouldnt be an issue if I'm aiming, but still...

It's not a good hand cannon, mainly due to the magazine size. It's dropped twice for me and I've sharded it twice. The pre-dlc one was quite good (The Devil You Know) and I used it quite a bit as my first hand cannon. You already have TFWPKY which is a better all round gun imo.

I'm going to try and run the NF once or twice later. My tolerance and patience for Destiny is starting to wear thin.

Yeah just having a hunter solo that bit is relatively risk free as long as nobody fires their rocket launcher while I'm running past.

Crota goes down quick enough too so the swordbearer can play it safe with only 3 hits while still having him dead before ogres. Glitches shouldn't be an issue there if you're really careful.

Yeah, it glitched for us on the first run and we had to go to ogres (sword dissapeared after killing the second swordbearer) but it was not a big deal.

We played safe, 3+3, 3+2 did the trick

gimli2112 wrote: »
    That's not too bad Merry. When you have a week full of shards & energies you'll know all about disappointment.
    What are the fusions like/called? Don't think I've seen them before.
    I've thrashed a few decent handcannons recently as I have the exotics/Crota and FateBringer. Just wasn't using the others and needed space. Kinda regret thrashing the Red Hand now.

The new monarchy is called the Purifier VII I think - it's close to Plan C with decent stats, but rubbish perk roll. Can't remember the name of the dead orbit one - it rolled arc and is essentially arc murmur with less impact and stability, plus a smaller mag. The Purifier rolled with void - but I got The Calming (FWC fusion) last week with void and decent perks, so I'm keeping that.

Last time I'd a rubbish NF week I had Patience & Time and Icebreaker drop for me on one CE run, so who knows...

It's not a good hand cannon, mainly due to the magazine size. It's dropped twice for me and I've sharded it twice. The pre-dlc one was quite good (The Devil You Know) and I used it quite a bit as my first hand cannon. You already have TFWPKY which is a better all round gun imo.

I'm going to try and run the NF once or twice later. My tolerance and patience for Destiny is starting to wear thin.

Same here Steve - but as the NFs are my main 'event' of the week on Destiny a bad run (like today) really does make me want to go "F*** you game!" and move on.

Yet here I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

WTF is going on today. I've done 3 nightfalls a VoG hm and Crota normal and come away with a Gjallarhorn, Monte Carlo, Ice Breaker, Vex Mythoclast(finally) and a 4th Horseman. Plus a legendary engram dropped for me, decrypted as shards though.

The way it's going if I do Crota hm later I'll probably end up with the crux.

WTF is going on today. I've done 3 nightfalls a VoG hm and Crota normal and come away with a Gjallarhorn, Monte Carlo, Ice Breaker, Vex Mythoclast(finally) and a 4th Horseman.

The way it's going if I do Crota hm later I'll probably end up withthe crux.

I think I have to report you because your clearly cheating or hacking :)

After that luck I suggest you go do the lotto for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

WTF is going on today. I've done 3 nightfalls a VoG hm and Crota normal and come away with a Gjallarhorn, Monte Carlo, Ice Breaker, Vex Mythoclast(finally) and a 4th Horseman. Plus a legendary engram dropped for me, decrypted as shards though.

Hey, at least you "Earned" yours......... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nice. Did 3 Crota normals earlier all with same group and over the 3 runs there were a total of 2 x Dragon Breaths, 2 x Last Words, Mida, Ice Breaker and a Universal Remote on top of the raid weapons dropped. Hopefully the NFs later are as generous. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

G'horns galore??

My body is ready...

Anyone up for NF on X1 now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement