Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

quad_red wrote: »
    G'horns galore??

My body is ready...

Anyone up for NF on X1 now?

I still need to do it on one of my characters gt = MangledRex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Be on in 5 mins. Update is almost done.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭IIDSIIELMO

Anyone up for a bit of Vault of Glass Raid. Never done it and would like to give it a lash.
    Gamertag is IIDSII ELMO on xbox 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Another Ghorn from the Nightfall. That's 4 so far, still no Hawkmoon :(

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

What a ****e NF, 1st char gets Venation III, (dead orbit HC), 2nd char gets 10 coins to add to the pile.

I want a JellyHorn goddammit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got a Red Death from a normal Crota run today, which was nice. Also, got the crota raid shotgun as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ran NFs/Weeklys with 2 friends. One guy got the insurmoutable skullfort, which was the last exotic armour he wanted and the other got the monte carlo and hawkmoon to drop in consecutive NFs.
    I got shards :rolleyes:
    Also got The Calming with luck in the chamber and Firefly & the Chance with luck in the chamber and outlaw. Can't see me keeping these though due to lack of space.

Also and this may just be coincidence but thought I'd share. I've been looking for a Crota helmet or chest piece for my hunter for weeks - since it came out. Wouldn't drop. Have 4 (possibly thrashed 1 or 2) gloves and 2 sets of feet. We were told the Crota armour drops would be favourable and sort you out. Yesterday I realised I was always using the Iron Banner gloves. Switched them for a set of Crota gloves and first run through on the bridge the chest piece dropped.

So happy.

Now all I need is that god damn rocket launcher.

G'horns galore??

My body is ready...

Anyone up for NF on X1 now?

Turns out my body isn't ready. No Ghorns for moi. Just Another NITC a week after I bought it out of boredom off the Vanguard vendor. With worse rolls than the vendor one. Thanks RNGesus.

Cheers wexdevil and mate for the NF and weekly.

And cheers Steve, AJ and Ciara for the Crota fun. Gotta work on my cliff climbing skills so I can get up their handy enough next time. Had to log off - Was getting the serious eye of Sauron for continued TV hoggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Turns out my body isn't ready. No Ghorns for moi. Just Another NITC a week after I bought it out of boredom off the Vanguard vendor. With worse rolls than the vendor one. Thanks RNGesus.

Cheers wexdevil and mate for the NF and weekly.

And cheers Steve, AJ and Ciara for the Crota fun. Gotta work on my cliff climbing skills so I can get up their handy enough next time. Had to log off - Was getting the serious eye of Sauron for continued TV hoggage.

Man, you are unlucky!

I saw you were online as we were coming towards the end of The Abyss, and I sent you an invite as I was waiting for the bridge to form. Then I started spamming you with invites after we crossed the bridge and were trying to hold off the waves of enemies. As soon as the Ogres made it across we had to move on........... and then you joined a few seconds later missing out on the drops.:o

We tried to 3-man the bridge part a couple of times after you left, but decided to leave it till we have more players. I only want to run it with my Hunter as I'm short armour. I got the gauntlets for the 4th time....... just give me the chest or helmet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Nightfall - The Last Word, a gun which looks like a lot of fun but probably won't be used in raids.

VoG Hard - Found Verdict, high impact with good stability. Arc damage might make it worth upgrading.

Crota Normal - Hunger of Crota, finally have an upgraded tracker to replace my 300 legendary. Also got gloves with high intellect which Generic knows I need more of.

• Advertisement

I got the gauntlets for the 4th time....... just give me the chest or helmet!!!

Ha ha. I've gotten the helmet/chest/boots multiple times (I think I've gotten the helmet three times now) but have never gotten the gauntlets which is what I need.

RNGeus laughs at our frustration....

So I can't complain armour RNG wise. I've really done very well considering I've got one high level character.

But the only 'high level' weapon drops I've had are No Land Beyond three times, Black Hammer twice and Plan C. Nada Primarys or Heavys.

I'm starting to wonder is there some game stat I'm low on or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just grabbed the gorgon chest on my 3 characters, I thought this week might be the week what with everyone else getting gally but nope nothing but shards and energies

;-;

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Also got gloves with high intellect which Generic knows I need more of.

A Warlock with Zero Intellect is about as useful as a set of Porcelain Tyres

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Started a warlock last week, have her at level 28. Gonna be some fecking slog to level to 32.

Have the armour needed for level 31.

Helmet - choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Chest- choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Gauntlet- choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Boots - a 27 legendary. Going to try get some vanguard marks together an purchase a 33 pair of boots from the Warlock Vanguard.

Hardonic Essence though... the reason I put off making a 3rd character for so long. Have basically nothing upgraded and only have around 40 of the damned mats. Such a pain. Can't do Crota til I am at elast a level 31 (imo) so need to fully level everything, and then replace it all with raid gear as I get it.

Also irritating is so much of the legendarys and exotics I have rolled with Strength and/or Intellect, so they need to be replaced anyway!

Oh - and thanks to Sniper for dragging my level 27 ass through Nightfall and Weekly!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    A Warlock with Zero Intellect is about as useful as a set of Porcelain Tyres
    aiming for high discipline/intellect for my Sunsinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ha ha. I've gotten the helmet/chest/boots multiple times (I think I've gotten the helmet three times now) but have never gotten the gauntlets which is what I need.

RNGeus laughs at our frustration....

So I can't complain armour RNG wise. I've really done very well considering I've got one high level character.

But the only 'high level' weapon drops I've had are No Land Beyond three times, Black Hammer twice and Plan C. Nada Primarys or Heavys.

I'm starting to wonder is there some game stat I'm low on or something.

Are you playing Crota on hard ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Also and this may just be coincidence but thought I'd share. I've been looking for a Crota helmet or chest piece for my hunter for weeks - since it came out. Wouldn't drop. Have 4 (possibly thrashed 1 or 2) gloves and 2 sets of feet. We were told the Crota armour drops would be favourable and sort you out. Yesterday I realised I was always using the Iron Banner gloves. Switched them for a set of Crota gloves and first run through on the bridge the chest piece dropped.

Oh I hope this bit of info here is correct, I've also being running the IB gloves while waiting on a helmet. When I next run this raid I'll give it a go and I'll post back on the results.

If nothing happens first run with exotic helm equipped, I'll swap out for vanguard helm for second run, can't be more obvious than that. It really shouldn't matter, you would think, but it's worth a shot. #fingerscrossed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Started a warlock last week, have her at level 28. Gonna be some fecking slog to level to 32.

Have the armour needed for level 31.

Helmet - choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Chest- choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Gauntlet- choices of 33 legendarys and 36 exotics
    Boots - a 27 legendary. Going to try get some vanguard marks together an purchase a 33 pair of boots from the Warlock Vanguard.

Hardonic Essence though... the reason I put off making a 3rd character for so long. Have basically nothing upgraded and only have around 40 of the damned mats. Such a pain. Can't do Crota til I am at elast a level 31 (imo) so need to fully level everything, and then replace it all with raid gear as I get it.

Also irritating is so much of the legendarys and exotics I have rolled with Strength and/or Intellect, so they need to be replaced anyway!

Oh - and thanks to Sniper for dragging my level 27 ass through Nightfall and Weekly!

Don't worry too much about getting to 31. Normal Crota is more than doable as a level 30 Warlock, especially if you have Fireborn active as a Sunsinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

WoooooHoooooo! :)

I got a shout out on "This Week in Destiny" by Raid Leader TV (a youtube channel I'm subscribed to)

I need to figure out how to make me some of that Internet money now :-/

dudeeile wrote: »
    Oh I hope this bit of info here is correct, I've also being running the IB gloves while waiting on a helmet. When I next run this raid I'll give it a go and I'll post back on the results.

Got a helmet yesterday and have the IB gloves, and I think for the 1st one I also had the IB gloves.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Got a helmet yesterday and have the IB gloves, and I think for the 1st one I also had the IB gloves.

I have got all other armour a couple of times so I'm gonna give gimli's suggestion a go, can't hurt. Even if the helmet drops nothing proven I know but just making it obvious for RNG might just be the thing.

I have got all other armour a couple of times so I'm gonna give gimli's suggestion a go, can't hurt. Even if the helmet drops nothing proven I know but just making it obvious for RNG might just be the thing.

BTW, are you playing hard or norma crota? The helmet is a rare drop on normal, and apparently has a greater chance on hard mode.

wes wrote: »
    BTW, are you playing hard or norma crota? The helmet is a rare drop on normal, and apparently has a greater chance on hard mode.

Normal, just killed crota first time on hard last Saturday.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Are you playing Crota on hard ?

Have played parts of Crota on hard maybe 20 plus times? Never start to finish though. Rest of the time on normal. Have done a good few start to finish on normal (which I know only gives armour).

Have also done every NF, weekly etc. for ages. And loads of ROCs. And a good few VOG chests on normal and hard.

As I said, I've been lucky with armour so I'm not that hard done by.

I tried it out of desperation. The fact it worked proves nothing but hopefully it will increase your chances at least.

Helmet certainly drops on normal but I imagine there is a greater chance on hard. Does the chest drop only on the bridge - that seems to be where I got mine on all the three characters?

Normal, just killed crota first time on hard last Saturday.

That would explain the lack of drops of the helmet, as its a rare drop on normal.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have played parts of Crota on hard maybe 20 plus times? Never start to finish though. Rest of the time on normal. Have done a good few start to finish on normal (which I know only gives armour).

Have also done every NF, weekly etc. for ages. And loads of ROCs. And a good few VOG chests on normal and hard.

As I said, I've been lucky with armour so I'm not that hard done by.

Are you on tonight? Hadn't realised you hadn't finished hard yet, if there's a few of us on we'll surely have to sort that out.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Does the chest drop only on the bridge - that seems to be where I got mine on all the three characters?

Chest drops at forest, bridge and crota.

Is the forest anywhere near the abyss? :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I thought it was bridge only too but whatever about abyss it definitely doesn't drop from Crota.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement