Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Iron Banner..... my body is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Cormac... wrote: »

Is the rank going to reset as well? and if so, is there a way to keep my current rank so I dont have to rank up again? You know like the last time?

Otherwise I think I wont bother

I wouldn't really bother speculating, seemed the glitch to maintain rank only worked for <20% of players last time, and who know what else they fixed with that "back end reporting" patch. If people wanna try it and it works, great, I'll be too bust driving to work. Anyway bing a big fan of PvP Iron Banner is the games way of saying "thank you Cormac for getting decent at PvP, have 10 daily PvP bounties to power level those weapons"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My other halfs patience ran a bit thin last time out. may have to skip this one...:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Anyone around for a raid tonight around 8 or 9 on X1?

Trying to make up for lost time this week...

I'm in. I'll get AJ too.

• Advertisement

Right, I've been talking about trying to maximise my return on investment (time wise) when it comes to farming exotic weapon drops for some time now.

With Iron Banner upon us, I feel like I want to put this theory into practice, last Thursday was a testement to just how much you can get done in 3-4 hours if you put your mind to it.

There are 4 Exotic Drop points in the 2 Raids, that's 12 drop chances per player if they have 3 guardians.
    Or 72 Exotic Drop chances if you spread that over 6 players

So here'e the plan:

EXOTIC WEAPON HUNTING 101

Ingredients:
    • 6 Players
    • 3 Guardians each (except maybe 1 of the 6 players so they can be the "Leader")
    • All Level 30+ (to make it quicker)
    • Lots of Raid experience and may of them sweet, sweet weapons

Step 1 (You wanna be "That Guy"?):
    • Dedicate 1 player to be the "Leader"
    • Pro-Tip, maybe this could be a player with just one guardian who has a lot of patience.
    • Make the Leader Fireteam Leader

Step 2 (Gorgons Chest and Maze):
    • Launch VoG Hard Mode and battle through the Vex as far as the Gorgons Chest.
    • Collect the chest, drop down into the Labyrinth and wipe.
    • Leader stays put, all 5 other players leave, change characters and re-join.
    • The other 5 players get the chest, then all 6 of you wipe again (this will be a recurring theme btw, it's just in case a player needs to leave at short notice, at least they will have the most recent checkpoint) .
    • Once again, leader stays put, all other players leave and pick their 3rd character, re-join, get the chest, and wipe again.
    • 4 Players go to orbit and 1 player (not the leader), ideally a Bladedancer stays put.
    • The Leader leaves and rejoins twice consecutively, collecting the chest and wiping with the other player both times.
    • Once the Leader has gotten the checkpoint on their 3rd character, they leave and re-join the other 5 players in orbit.
    • The Bladedancer goes and solos the Gorgons Maze, then changes to Gunslinger (for that helpful triple jump) and solos the Jumping puzzle.
    • Once "Awaken the Glass Throne" pops up, you're ready to fight the gatekeeper.

Step 3 (Gatekeeper):
    • The other 5 players re-join with the 5 characters they originally started the Raid with.
    • At this point, if the Bladedancer had started the raid with another character, they too will need to switch after the other 5 players have landed in the Raid.
    • If all 6 of you end up in Orbit at the same time here, you done f**ked up.
    • Using the same 6 characters you originally started the Raid with, Kill the Gatekeeper and grab the Atheon checkpoint.

Step 4 (Atheon):
    • First off wipe (just to be 100% sure).
    • Now have the leader stay put once again (sorry dude, someones got to do it).
    • Have the other 5 players leave, change character, then rejoin and wipe.
    • Do this again for those 5 players but with their 3rd character.
    • Now (in the interest of fairness and just in case Atheon decides to be glitchy), wait while the Leader leaves and rejoins with their 2nd and 3rd characters, after he has landed and you hear "Guardian Down" ensure you all wipe so they can be certain of getting the checkpoint.
    • Have the leader rejoin with their original character, and wipe.
    • Here's the easy part, Kill Atheon 3 times!

Step 5 (Crotas End Raid):
    • Now, jump into CE Normal mode and complete as far as the Thrallway.
    • Depending on how many energies and shards your team needs, you might want to do some cycling of characters here to get the chest with all 3 of your characters. Again the Leader will just stay put while you all take advantage of their good will.
    • All 6 of you jump down into the hole and start the Ir Yut encounter, then do a wipe.

Step 6 (Ir Yut):
    • Now have the leader stay put once more.
    • Have the other 5 players leave, change character, then rejoin and wipe.
    • Do this again for those 5 players but with their 3rd character.
    • Now it's time for the Leader to grab this checkpoint on their 2nd and 3rd characters, you never know what might come up at the last minute and mean someone needs to leave, so let's be fair.
    • Once all 6 off you are back to you original characters, go and kill Ir Yut.
    • Start the Crota encounter by surrounding the Crystal and wipe.
    • All 6 of you leave and re-start Ir Yut again with your 2nd characters.
    • Kill Ir Yut again, and grab the Crota checkpoint and wipe again.
    • Finally leave and restart Ir Yut for a 3rd time and kill her again, she's deserves it.
    • Now grab the Crota checkpoint, wipe again, and then leave and go back in to battle Crota with your original characters.

Step 7 (Kill Crota):
    • Kill Crota once.
    • Leave, change characters, rejoin with your 2nd characters
    • Kill Crota twice
    • Leave, change characters, rejoin with your 3rd characters
    • Kill Crota a 3rd time.
    • Dance.

There you go, all 12 chances you have to get an Exotic drop in a Raid for a given week done and dusted.
    If you have a group with a bit of cop on, you can get this whole thing done in 4 hours, 5 hours if you include some toilet breaks, kicks to orbit and destiny-companion-app weapon fandangling.

So...... who is up for doing this this week on PS4?
    I can't bring myself to run 6-9 full Raids anymore and definitely not in a week when Iron Banner is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

At level 29 now..damn close to lvl 30 but running low on shards to upgrade to 33 armour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So...... who is up for doing this this week on PS4?

I am up for do this, depending on when you want to do it. Only have the 1 character, so can be the leader.

wes wrote: »
    I am up for do this, depending on when you want to do it. Only have the 1 character, so can be the leader.

Well I'm going to assume that with Nightfalls and the Champions League, the player list might be a bit bare on Tue and Wed night. Maybe Thursday would be good. We should save ourselves a good 30 minutes so if you're the "constantly there" guy :P

EDIT: Although maybe Wednesday would be good too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wes wrote: »

Same. I think it would take closer to 3 hours than 5 though. Wednesday would probably be the best night for it imo. Most people will probably be doing nfs and weeklies tomorrow night if at all being Paddys day and the IB buff isn't high enough to worry about yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Wednesday or Thursday should be fine with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone around for a raid tonight around 8 or 9 on X1?

Trying to make up for lost time this week...

I'll be on about 9 if you have space ? Need to run Crota hard on my hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Mcsirl wrote: »

There's only three of us right now - so you're more than welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

There's only three of us right now - so you're more than welcome :)
    If you see me on send an invite. We've got the better half family staying though so might not make it on early enough.

Will you be on tomorrow morning for the usual?

If you see me on send an invite. We've got the better half family staying though so might not make it on early enough.

Will you be on tomorrow morning for the usual?

Absolutely ... no excuse given it's a day off!

(I'm not addicted though you understand)

Having issues connecting to Live at the moment. My internet connection is fine (I'm posting this from my laptop) ... so hopefully it's just a glitch and Live will be back up later on when I go online for my Destiny fix. If I don't see you later I'll see you tomorrow for the NFs. :)

Absolutely ... no excuse given it's a day off!

(I'm not addicted though you understand)

Having issues connecting to Live at the moment. My internet connection is fine (I'm posting this from my laptop) ... so hopefully it's just a glitch and Live will be back up later on when I go online for my Destiny fix. If I don't see you later I'll see you tomorrow for the NFs. :)
    Yeah, I've been having issues with getting on for the last few days. It's been hit and miss really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mcsirl wrote: »

Legendary sword wielding tonight!! First time like a boss.

And after all my whining about only ever getting one legendary/exotic primary ever (coiled hiss pulse), I get the raid scout, pulse and auto rifles in one go.

Just like that story from the bible where Moses walks around the icey tundras for forty days before seeing a bush on fire outside motel that meant God had forgiven him -

RNGesus has now found me worthy. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    Legendary sword wielding tonight!! First time like a boss.

And after all my whining about only ever getting one legendary/exotic primary ever (coiled hiss pulse), I get the raid scout, pulse and auto rifles in one go.

Just like that story from the bible where Moses walks around the icey tundras for forty days before seeing a bush on fire outside motel that meant God had forgiven him -

RNGesus has now found me worthy. Amen.

Ha!

It was a good night of raiding. Thanks to Ger for helping us out. Congrats to Mcsirl for the pro Swordbearing. And thanks to RNGesus for my Gjallarhorn.

Amen. Wacca wacca wacca :pac:

Awesome sword skills last night McSirl - you made CE hard mode look easy, and to think it was your first go!

Congratulations to Quad too for finally getting some raid primaries - it's about bloody time!

The screams (like little kids) when Steve and I had Gjallarhorn drop were hilarious ... it's my second but it now means I've a tracking launcher for each character, as well as an icebreaker for each too. No more swapping gear out before raids.

As predicted NF is Omnigul with Arc Burn, lightswitch, angry.

Heroic has arc burn only (and epic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

uuzRPnil.jpg

Happy patrick's day guys, anyone on xbox one looking to do the nightfall?

wexdevil wrote: »
    uuzRPnil.jpg

Happy patrick's day guys, anyone on xbox one looking to do the nightfall?

I'm on - I think Ferrigan might be on too in a bit.

Add me and throw me an invite if you want to take a crack at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Your gamertag the same as your username? My GT is MangledRex

Constantly getting weasel and caterpillar errors again.

Getting a bit annoying at this stage. The only thing I've changed recently was joining the dashboard preview on the xone. Everything else is checking out my end, but with no one else having this problem I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with my connection.

wexdevil wrote: »
    Your gamertag the same as your username? My GT is MangledRex

Gamertag is in my signature - themerrydespot
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,102 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    As predicted NF is Omnigul with Arc Burn, lightswitch, angry.

Heroic has arc burn only (and epic)

You on this morning ?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You on this morning ?

I can be if you are going to be?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    How do I join the ps4 clan? Put in a request yesterday. Username is CloserSolid.

Message me on PSN with your Light Level, GenericDreadHead

Anyone fancy a run at VoG or CE hard mode this evening?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

can do VoG hard, never done CE hard but willing to try it. Lvl 32 Titan PS4 Gooseonstilts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement