Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

HavelTRock wrote: »
    can do VoG hard, never done CE hard but willing to try it. Lvl 32 Titan PS4 Gooseonstilts

Sorry ... Should have said - I'm on Xbox one
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone fancy a run at VoG or CE hard mode this evening?

I will ...... If my internet ever comes back up ! Drop off when we were doing that nightfall earlier and hasn't been back since , won't be on till after 9 though

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

You using UPC? Mine is dodgy today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

You using UPC? Mine is dodgy today too.

No eircom, think their doing something with the fibre cabinets in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've no-lifed this game as much as anyone I know. I have
    - every exotic armour
    - every raid armour
    - every raid weapon
    - a fully ranked No Land Beyond (truly painful)
    - 3 Black hammers
    - every exotic weapon a minimum of twice except for one hawkmoon and one necrochasm
    - 3 level 32's
    - No Gjallahorn :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I've no-lifed this game as much as anyone I know. I have
    - every exotic armour
    - every raid armour
    - every raid weapon
    - a fully ranked No Land Beyond (truly painful)
    - 3 Black hammers
    - every exotic weapon a minimum of twice except for one hawkmoon and one necrochasm
    - 3 level 32's
    - No Gjallahorn :o

This right here demands the immediate delivery of Gjallahorn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm really getting a kick out of these name checks (@ 4:20) :)

Also, more cos-play stuff:

http://imgur.com/a/F7bt1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Any reason why my PVP stats wouldn't have updated from the games I played yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

You've got too much free time don't you Cormac?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    Any reason why my PVP stats wouldn't have updated from the games I played yesterday?

Mine's the same. Appears to be a common complaint today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The lucky Atheon kill from the exotic farming run, that some of us did earlier:

Mine's the same. Appears to be a common complaint today.

Updated now ;)

bh_zpszvwze0wv.png

Didn't wanna lose that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

wes wrote: »
    The lucky Atheon kill from the exotic farming run, that some of us did earlier

That was awesome!!!

Shoutout to BadassManiac which annihilated a crowed of dudes in the IB yesterday in seconds ... I hope we'll see the video of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

AdamD wrote: »
    Updated now ;)

bh_zpszvwze0wv.png

Didn't wanna lose that :pac:

What site is that, it doesn't look like bungie.net?
    Nice streak BTW!

wes wrote: »
    The lucky Atheon kill from the exotic farming run, that some of us did earlier:

Top notch stuff :D

nevelator wrote: »
    What site is that, it doesn't look like bungie.net?
    Nice streak BTW!

Destinytracker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Hey guys

Not sure if it is interesting but after talking to a few guys today I decided to upload a few videos to help people solo crota as a hunter.

I will cover the bridge and the deathsinger which are probably the trickiest ones (specially jumping across on the bridge).

There are two ways of doing this (as a hunter), or at least these two are the easiests ones for me

Using blink jump

Using high jump

The only thing is that when using blink you will need to double jump (dont double jump too quickly) and then as you are turning towards the middle platform, use blink again).

Then this is what I find the best and easiest way to kill the death singer (specially with the ghorn).

Missing the beginning of the video for some reason, all you are missing is me jumping straight up from the left (as you come out before confronting the knights).

The only thing I can say is, before going into the left room crouch and go invisible, wait for the knight to come out (dont get too close to him) and then go in. The wizard will come out even if yuo are still invisible. Use the ghorn guidance to kill her (dont shoot without aiming down), after that, after you kill the other wizard/shrieker, focus on the kinight and acolytes with guns, make sure you kill them before she starts the liturgy. And that's all, if when you jump on the pillar (to snipe the deathsinger off) and you can't see her, move to the other pillar closer to the middle (in the video, after she starts her song, I was heading to this second piller but I noticed her angle was wrong hence why I decided to go back and jump on the other pillar closer to the column).

Hope it helps, I can upload how to kill crota in 1, 2, 3 or 4 swords (although I can't find the video where I one sword him!!!! :() if you want as well but there are plenty of videos out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

YOu can now see what Xur is selling in the Destiny app.

Go to tower map, vendors drop down - Xur will be listed there.

Mk. 44 Stand Asides
    Mask of the Third Man
    Apothesis Veil
    Hardlight
    Exotic Shard
    Helmet Engram
    Heavy Ammo Synth.

Annoyingly it doesn't show the perks for the gear/weapons - just the base stats.

EDIT: Upgrades:
    Heart of PRaxis Fire
    hardlight
    Red death
    Invective
    Patience and Time
    Gjallarhorn
    Truth
    Hawkmoon

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'll be picking up Mask of the Third Man and Apotheosis Veil. There aren't many Exotics I don't have at this stage, so I'm surprised Xur has 2 for me. Happy out!

ahahah same here - the last 2 piece of armor i was missing ... so i know have all exotics armor and weapons ... but the nechrocasm

• Advertisement

The destiny app really is becoming very usefull indeed. Being able to see what the vendors have, the bounties on offer, whats at the postmaster and being able to use the vault are great features.

Would love to be able to collect bounties via the app - that and being able to make purchases, would make it near perfect. I imagine they may not want to do that as it would erode their 'social space' - though it is a terrible social space. Improve the app or give me a decent reason to head to the tower other than boring admin that takes me through a too long load screen.

Have to say I am actually enjoying Iron Banner this time around, a lot more than previous runs.

1. I am slightly better at it than before.
    2. I don't particularly care about the result anymore.

Getting a hammering is still infuriating, but losing a close enough game doesn't bother me - as long as it is not 6 losses in a row! Should get to level 5 without too much difficulty over the weekend, then I can buy my Iron Banner armour (cause it looks awesome) and have level 5 waiting for me (to buy guns) next time IB comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Have to say I am actually enjoying Iron Banner this time around, a lot more than previous runs.

1. I am slightly better at it than before.
    2. I don't particularly care about the result anymore.

Getting a hammering is still infuriating, but losing a close enough game doesn't bother me - as long as it is not 6 losses in a row! Should get to level 5 without too much difficulty over the weekend, then I can buy my Iron Banner armour (cause it looks awesome) and have level 5 waiting for me (to buy guns) next time IB comes around.

Your rank resets so you'll need to farm glimmer and pick them up before the reset on tuesday.

I'll be picking up Mask of the Third Man and Apotheosis Veil. There aren't many Exotics I don't have at this stage, so I'm surprised Xur has 2 for me. Happy out!

Remember to try the engrams first Steve. :)

Lots for me this week - I dont have any of these.

Well, funny enough, I am having the opposite experience. I really enjoyed the last iron banner... with my hunter.

Playing with my warlock this time and ... :
    - The lag the 2 last nights has been horrendous
    - got kicked a few times too, which doesn't help
    - I am not enjoying playing with the Warlock anyway as much
    - and maybe it is just time for me to take a break from Destiny until the expansion.

I'll aim at level 4, as I want jolden, the armour pieces and that arm band... but after that ...

Your rank resets so you'll need to farm glimmer and pick them up before the reset on tuesday.

have 9k at the moment. Would only take me 30mins to get another 9k for the second piece of armour. Already have the guns bought (using the rep glitch Tuesday morning with my Titan). So i've no worry about the glimmer side of things this time around.

Gonna need some serious farming in prep for the next IB. Will need the full 23k for the two guns and ~16k in the vault (through network codes etc) in order to be able to buy the armour.

Well, funny enough, I am having the opposite experience. I really enjoyed the last iron banner... with my hunter.

Playing with my warlock this time and ... :
    - The lag the 2 last nights has been horrendous
    - got kicked a few times too, which doesn't help
    - I am not enjoying playing with the Warlock anyway as much
    - and maybe it is just time for me to take a break from Destiny until the expansion.

I'll aim at level 4, as I want jolden, the armour pieces and that arm band... but after that ...
    Playing as a warlock myself too this time around, was a titan last time. I'm a sunsinger, and I don't find the super to be anywhere near as much use as the Titan supers. I'm rubbish with the grenades though, and they only seem to take half health off the oppo. Would prefer to be using my Titan, but I don't need IB armour for him.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Playing as a warlock myself too this time around, was a titan last time. I'm a sunsinger, and I don't find the super to be anywhere near as much use as the Titan supers. I'm rubbish with the grenades though, and they only seem to take half health off the oppo. Would prefer to be using my Titan, but I don't need IB armour for him.

You unlocked fusion grenades yet? They're great for PvP, one hit kill if you stick them and you can carry 2 (3 if you have a certain exotic chest piece).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement