Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »

Whats the boom?

You colour blind, really irritated by the audio or mentioned in the videos?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You unlocked fusion grenades yet? They're great for PvP, one hit kill if you stick them and you can carry 2 (3 if you have a certain exotic chest piece).

was using the other two, will go with fusion tonight so. cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whats the boom?

You colour blind, really irritated by the audio or mentioned in the videos?

No more having to create chat parties on PS4 so we can actually hear each other when it leads to NAT issues which we wouldn't have in game chat. Also being able to run down music etc for playing on the Vita when watching TV will help
    You unlocked fusion grenades yet? They're great for PvP, one hit kill if you stick them and you can carry 2 (3 if you have a certain exotic chest piece).

You cannot carry 3 of you have Starlight Protocol (which I assume is the piece you're referring to). Just like most things in this game, you can't double stack multiples of the same perk. Another example being wearing raid boots and HotPF does not allow you to carry extra-extra heavy ammo, just extra heavy ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

was using the other two, will go with fusion tonight so. cheers.

Fusion are just like defenders magnetic, great fun and tons of post mortems.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,286 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You cannot carry 3 of you have Starlight Protocol (which I assume is the piece you're referring to). Just like most things in this game, you can't double stack multiples of the same perk. Another example being wearing raid boots and HotPF does not allow you to carry extra-extra heavy ammo, just extra heavy ammo

Glad I didn't waste time levelling that up, seems a pretty pointless perk then.

• Advertisement

Glad I didn't waste time levelling that up, seems a pretty pointless perk utterly useless piece of $h!te Warlock exotic armour just like 90% of the others then.

FYP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Party chat will still be better quality, always is.

AdamD wrote: »
    Party chat will still be better quality, always is.

It would be safe to say 99% of the people we play with on PS4 would rather no NAT issues over chat quality (not volume). Nothing worse than running the Relic or Sword or being Teleported and players cannot hear each other. It's a feature, it's free, it's beneficial so I'm happy. If you have no NAT issues between all 6 players, then parties are still the opportune way of communicating. Though sometimes the NAT issues can throw up some funny instances (see N-o-cal and Redzer both making the exact same joke about not hearing each other at the exact same time :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Lots for me this week - I dont have any of these.

Don't bother with the MK44 Stand Asides unless you like Shoulder Charging or you want it for your Exotic collection. It's more of a PVP armour piece. I bought them off Xur before, but I've barely used them. Not the best use of an Exotic armour slot.

We should finish off that Raid tonight. I won't be on until 9ish. See if you can get Quad on too.

Fridays.... when Cormac copies and pasted some destiny Humour:
    What did one dreg say to the other when a Baron turned up to the Pike race in a bigger vehicle?

Looks like we've got..

(••_••)

( ••_••)>⌐■■-■■

(⌐■■_■■)

Skiff competition

• Advertisement

Fridays.... when Cormac copies and pasted some destiny Humour:

your moma's so fat when she equips chatterwhite, people think she's The Traveller.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Well that's rank 4 in iron banner on my warlock so I bought the chest. I can now finally get to 32 :D Going to switch over to my hunter tonight and see if I can hit rank 4 on there as I only need a chest piece to hit 32 on that character too. Drop wise so far I've had a ton of ships and on the last match there I got gheleon's demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I'm finally done with Destiny until the DLC drops.
    After nearly 800 hours, three characters, countless raids and nightfalls I've just burnt myself out.
    There's nothing left for me to do anymore except get a Vex and a Gallahorn and even they don't have the same draw over me anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    After nearly 800 hours, three characters, countless raids and nightfalls I've just burnt myself out.
    There's nothing left for me to do anymore except get a Vex and a Gallahorn and even they don't have the same draw over me anymore.

I noticed that you (and a lot of other regulars) have not been on much lately. There shouldn't be too long a wait for the next DLC and that will freshen things up. Would you consider starting another character???

I haven't been on as much recently either. It's nice to take a break and play something else. I know you probably won't want to hear this but I got a Gjallarhorn last weekend (CE Hard), and the only thing I have left to do is get my Hunter to level 32. I got the Raid chest piece last night and with Xur selling Mask of the Third Man today, I'll finally have the set up I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »

I am in the same boat, nothing for me there, I got all exotics on both XB1 and PS4, done the raids too many times, tired of doing the same missions over and over. Maybe I will give multiplayer a go but I think I rather play new games like GTA etc

Can we all just agree to make the shift over to Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection and/or GTA 5 for 6 weeks? :)

playing as a warlock for the last couple of weeks has given me a reason to play - and I still need some raid armour, and to upgrade the IB armour once I get it so I have some reason to play at the moment - but I do find my motivation to raid is less now. a few weeks ago I'd be pissed to miss out on the tuesday raid runs - last weeks weeks I've not been that bothered. Though i have been very lucky with raid drops for the most part. I got all the weapons within a few runs of hard/normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hadn't bought a new game in months but in the past 2 weeks or so have purchased / downloaded Dying Light / Zombie Army Trilogy / Resident Evil Revelations 2 / Oddworld New n Tasty / Valiant Hearts and Battlefield Hardline (yet to arrive). Need to pick up Borderlands, now that Cormac's reminded me but I'm not buying GTA again.
    Destiny's losing it's hold but I'm not quite there yet. Not while the rocketlauncher is still out there somewhere :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Can we all just agree to make the shift over to Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection and/or GTA 5 for 6 weeks? :)

Yes, come join the Boards crew for some Heists on GTA, great craic! :D

gimli2112 wrote: »
    in the past 2 weeks or so have purchased / downloaded Dying Light / Zombie Army Trilogy / Resident Evil Revelations 2

Gimli, we need to talk, we're all frankly a bit concerned, this zombie..... i dunno.... fetish? Is that what you'd call it? It's changing you, you're not the same Gimli we used to know. You never laugh anymore. Just shuffle along, mouth agape, eyes soulless, no regard for you own well being..... and well frankly it's no longer down to the Saint Patricks day binge drinking.....

..... you need to stop the Zombying, if not for yourself, then for those of use who care for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

now I think of it I started replaying TLOU last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Anyone on PS4 have the final part -- the summoning pits strike -- of the Thorn bounty to do? Might try and get it done this weekend if we can get a fireteam together.
    Also, does that strike have checkpoints; or does it have to be finished in one go?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I have to admit that I'm close to burnout too. I'm still chasing Suros and Blackhammer, but otherwise I'm done.

Raids are still interesting ... especially VoG (which I haven't run as often as CE), and NFs are a bit of craic ... but re-running the same content over and over again is no longer interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yeah, not too bothered now. Pretty much given up on HM Crota, and may still drop in for weeklies, but will probably drop those at some point.

Anyway, will probably play Dying Light over the weekend, in between bouts of Iron Banner.

The Borderlands collection is out next week right? May pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Me and my 3 man fireteam will be moving back to our first love (Borderlands) as soon as we can. Might do the nightfall each week for the chance of getting the other 2 lads a Gjallahorn but I won't miss Destiny till the next expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anyone else planning on taking a break and playing some Borderlands, going to try and do the dlc on 2 then the pre sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I already have! Destiny has lost my interest for a bit :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

have 9k at the moment. Would only take me 30mins to get another 9k for the second piece of armour. Already have the guns bought (using the rep glitch Tuesday morning with my Titan). So i've no worry about the glimmer side of things this time around.

Gonna need some serious farming in prep for the next IB. Will need the full 23k for the two guns and ~16k in the vault (through network codes etc) in order to be able to buy the armour.

Handy way to store glimmer without worrying about the 25,000 cap is to put all house banners, axiomatic beads, silken codex and network keys in the vault. It builds up quite fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Seems to be a few people burning out on the game at the moment judging by recent posts. The same happened me a few weeks ago but I check in each week to see what Xur has.

Is Hard Light worth buying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Seems to be a few people burning out on the game at the moment judging by recent posts. The same happened me a few weeks ago but I check in each week to see what Xur has.

Is Hard Light worth buying?

Yup. It's pretty close to Abyss Defiant in stats, but it feels nicer to shoot and its a solid auto rifle ... though perhaps not worth giving up the exotic (aka Gjallorhorn/icebreaker) slot to use hard light.

I levelled mine up a bit earlier and it's a fun gun to use. Nice controllable recoil and not as weak as most of the current vendor auto rifles.

But man ... auto rifles feel so underpowered now. Compared to Red Death, this feels less deadly. If you exclude hand cannons and element damage, there's not much that has a match for RD now. I'd even take RD over a lot of the scout rifles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement