Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So, after finishing Crota neatly as ironing some shirts, got to do VoG from start to finish last night (and most sections for the first time).

Thanks a million to Ger, Itchy, Kev, AJ and Mandrake for all patience and advice. Ger and Itchy, old hands as always (Ger, would appreciate it if you called out to Itchy to make he hasn't passed away from take away deficiencies). And Kev and AJ; you guys have morphed into serious war machines in the last few weeks!

The difference between CE and VoG is so stark. It's not only harder, it's far more involved and complex a feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Good craic alright - the Templar was annoying as ever and there were a few glitches, but once we settled into it all went easily enough. We took Atheon down pretty quickly too.

Cheers for last night lads - it's got to the stage now where the drop that made me happy last night was getting the VoG cloak for my hunter, rather than patience and time from the exotic chest!

I've one more CE run in me this weekend - my Titan has been deliberately kept out of the fray to have one more craic at end to ending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What perks are best for Felwinter's Lie

Got Shot package and Luck in the chamber, not sure if I should try for Rangefinder or not when I've got this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sorry to interject folks, but something that might concern you all here if you wouldn't mind taking a look - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057401283

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Warlock grenade goes Full Metal Jacket. Includes cameo from Redzer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone on to do Crota on Hard today or tonight on Xbox ?

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on to do Crota on Hard today or tonight on Xbox ?

I'll be on later - around 8, if that's any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Is it just me or has crucible gone to absolute ****e since the shotgun buff? Constantly getting one shotted, not fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I don't think the damage buff applied to PvP

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Fairly sure it was against Pve enemies. Chances are you're just bad at pvp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    I don't think the damage buff applied to PvP

Only PVE, in fact the shotgun also received a debuff to range which does apply to PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only PVE, in fact the shotgun also received a debuff to range which does apply to PVP.

I think it was damage not range that was reduced but for a shotgun that still controls the 1hk range.

Varik wrote: »
    I think it was damage not range that was reduced but for a shotgun that still controls the 1hk range.

Nope range, which affects the damage drop off over distance.
    Bungie wrote:
    Changes:
    Increase damage by 2x (100%) against all non-Guardian combatants (aliens)
    Reduce high end range values - damage falloff starts sooner, so Crucible players with long range shotguns need to be a little closer for successful one hit kills
    (Like the Fusion Rifle) Initial starting ammo is reduced across all ammo stats in the Crucible:
    Starting a Crucible match, you’ll have less Shotgun ammo in reserve
    In PvE activities we persistently track your ammo
    We only use initial ammo values if you are logging in for the first time, or starting a Crucible match

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Feels like they were buffed tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

AdamD wrote: »
    Feels like they were buffed tbh

I think the same but I'd say the reason is they've nerfed the fusions so a lot of people started using the shotguns instead. You can't turn a corner now without running into one of those shotgun wielding assh***s (myself included ;))

I'm currently one of those shotgun wielding a**holes.

I hate crucible, but I'm forced to go there to get the thorn bounty. First time I did it with Atheon's Epilogue and it took an age. An hour last night with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and a void Harms Way and I'm already at 300/500.

Got to love shotguns for people legging it blindly round corners

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My current shotgun of choice is the Dead Orbit one (Hide & Seek 42). Void, 4 bullet mag one of which does bonus damage
    Would have liked the Felwinters Lie but haven't played the last two IBs much.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Reached level 4 IB yesterday evening. I will login this evening, grind the glimmer to get the IB gear and Jolder's hammer, and that's it : The disc goes in it's box, until house of wolfes.

Got Hardline and Dying Light, let's see :)

Reached level 4 IB yesterday evening. I will login this evening, grind the glimmer to get the IB gear and Jolder's hammer, and that's it : The disc goes in it's box, until house of wolfes.

Leave Dying Light in its box while you are at it. Some of the missions are silly like having to find spray paint cans. Nonsense stuff.

Leave Dying Light in its box while you are at it. Some of the missions are silly like having to find spray paint cans. Nonsense stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Another game has nonsensical missions, in a destiny thread? Oh the irony!:pac:

dying light is incredible - check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Got to rank four iron banner on my hunter so I nabbed the chest, so that character can get to 32 now. I turned in a couple of bounties and I'm basically halfway through rank four now so I may just finish out the rest of it tonight and grab the shader.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Saw this on Reddit today. Damn it, I've been tackling Crota completely wrong........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wooden NLB, does more damage than the real thing:

http://imgur.com/a/sheA9

Another game has nonsensical missions, in a destiny thread? Oh the irony!:pac:

dying light is incredible - check it out.

Burn accepted.

So much for me getting the weekly strike done tonight, getting monkey errors every 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Game has been borderline unplayable for the past week. It's rare that I can even complete a game without a disconnect, Bungie really need to do some work with their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What's the strike this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Saw this on Reddit today. Damn it, I've been tackling Crota completely wrong........

They don't actually do anything - the sword bearer takes Crota out, the titan just puts on a show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What's the strike this week?

Phogoth

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement