Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What's the strike this week?

summoning pits, arc burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

this is going to be easy this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, after last nights CE runs; Normal completion and HM to Crota (which I was a spectating blue orb for the entirety of the Abyss and Bridge) :(, I'm 3 shards from 32. The helm dropped for me too so I now have full raid gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The Great Aku brings a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

The NFs continue to disappoint. Did the weekly for 9 coins etc, breezed through it. Then two manned the NF with Quad Red ... bit more of a slog. Reward - 10 coins.

Two more runs to go ... going on the last few weeks I'm predicting shards and a rubbish faction legendary weapon that's worse than the raid gear I'm using.

Screw you game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The NFs continue to disappoint. Did the weekly for 9 coins etc, breezed through it. Then two manned the NF with Quad Red ... bit more of a slog. Reward - 10 coins.

Two more runs to go ... going on the last few weeks I'm predicting shards and a rubbish faction legendary weapon that's worse than the raid gear I'm using.

Screw you game!

Yeah the drops have been a disaster for the last two weeks. We did u as far as the death singer last night and all I got was shagging shards and energy not even a bit of armour, it was the same last week. Nightfalls drops have a terrible as well.

Wouldn't mid doing the hard raid with ye lads this week so I can maybe get the hand cannon and the Titan helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Yeah the drops have been a disaster for the last two weeks. We did u as far as the death singer last night and all I got was shagging shards and energy not even a bit of armour, it was the same last week. Nightfalls drops have a terrible as well.

Five minutes after you left Manad joined in. We did the nightfall then Bad Wolf left then Ger joined did it again. From those two nightfall I got Scout rifles.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Screw you game!

I got Plan C (3rd one), 10 coins and the Vanguard Pulse Rifle from my 3 runs. Disappointing.

Let me know if you need a hand if you're running it again with Quad. Happy to help. The only hard part of the strike is the secound room with the group of wizards. A few Jellyhorn shots sorts them out quickly. It only took us about 20 mins to do each run.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Screw you game!

I had decent luck with the NF this week, 2 runs and got Heart of the Praxic fire and Truth!
    It is Crotas End where I am getting the short straw. In my last 3 runs I got a pair of gloves for my Warlock and every other drop was shards/energies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Congrats on Truth, it's the only exotic weapon left that I truly want. I have five weapons left to collect with NLB being one, couldn't bring myself to purchase it from Xur all those weeks. SGA would also be appreciated, excellent for those oracles.

With all NF's left to run this week, fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Got 10 coins, some gammy handcannon, and Thunderlord from my three nf runs this week.

Two normal crota runs and one hard crota yielded a Word of Crota, Crux of Crota, Plan C, Oversoul Edict, Abyss Defiant and Song of Ir Yut (plus the usual extra boots, gloves, chest).

So all in all its probably been my a better week thus far for me than the last couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    Congrats on Truth, it's the only exotic weapon left that I truly want. I have five weapons left to collect with NLB being one, couldn't bring myself to purchase it from Xur all those weeks. SGA would also be appreciated, excellent for those oracles.

With all NF's left to run this week, fingers crossed.

Just checked there and I am only missing 4 exotics. The one I really want is the Suros; I have been waiting that one for so long that I don't really care how nerfed it has become.

The one disappointment was that my Thorn bounty got reset. I only had to kill Xyor before I did the NF. However once I did the NF, the bounty was reset to me only having completed the first part.
    Did this happen to anyone else, or was I just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    The one disappointment was that my Thorn bounty got reset. I only had to kill Xyor before I did the NF. However once I did the NF, the bounty was reset to me only having completed the first part.

I think you might be unlucky. I'm on the Xyor stage also and did the NF last night. Nothing untoward seems to have befallen my bounty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »

I've held a couple of Thorn bounties for weeks and thankfully never had them reset, I would have been going through NF for at least some of these weeks so it seems that something got screwed up for you considering it was the summoning pits. Having to go through the crucible again sucks, if you need some cannon fodder to blast at the weekend and see me on then just drop a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I got Plan C (3rd one), 10 coins and the Vanguard Pulse Rifle from my 3 runs. Disappointing.

Let me know if you need a hand if you're running it again with Quad. Happy to help. The only hard part of the strike is the secound room with the group of wizards. A few Jellyhorn shots sorts them out quickly. It only took us about 20 mins to do each run.

As you said, the only messy bit of phogoth is the door room with the wizards. They are by far the most aggressive wizards I've come across in the game. When you retreat into the corridor they bust right in after you and up the stairs!

When arc burn is on the Praetorian launcher I have feels a bit like a jellyhorn. A bit. A sort of pretend bit.

Kev is on international duty but I'll drop ye a message to see if you're around when I'm on. Now that I have two sets of weeklys and NFs to do.

Twice the fun! Twice the disappointment! ;)

I'm back from Lisbon on Friday afternoon - I'll be having my last two shots of bitter disappointment a la night fall then.

I shouldn't complain - the only things left to get that I've any interest in getting are Suros and Truth, and maybe Blackhammer from CE.

All 3 characters are 32 now ... and the Titan & Warlock are 32 with full raid gear, so I can swap around exotic armour as I need it without dropping to 31. Hunter needs a few shards to level the chest ... but should crack that this weekend.

I've run out of stuff to do seven weeks out from HoW. Game might be going back in the box soon in favour of Hardline.

Yeah, no probs Quad. Drop me a message if you're on tonight. If AJ is on, we can bring you through. If not, you could save your Nightfall until Friday and I'll help you and Merry through it. We should be done in no time, and then we can try a Raid.

I want to try CE Hard over the weekend if we have the players. I've only completed it 4 times on 2 characters. I finally got my Hunter to 32 on the weekend. The only CE Raid stuff I'm missing now is the Hunter helm and cloak, Black Hammer and Abyss Defiant. Would love Fatebringer for the collection, but don't think I'd use it often.

Merry, enjoy your trip to Lisbon. I got to go to Trim on Monday with work (not quite as glamorous!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Yeah, no probs Quad. Drop me a message if you're on tonight. If AJ is on, we can bring you through. If not, you could save your Nightfall until Friday and I'll help you and Merry through it. We should be done in no time, and then we can try a Raid.

I want to try CE Hard over the weekend if we have the players. I've only completed it 4 times on 2 characters. I finally got my Hunter to 32 on the weekend. The only CE Raid stuff I'm missing now is the Hunter helm and cloak, Black Hammer and Abyss Defiant. Would love Fatebringer for the collection, but don't think I'd use it often.

Merry, enjoy your trip to Lisbon. I got to go to Trim on Monday with work (not quite as glamorous!)

Era, don't know poor ol Trim. I can't think of anything off hand that it's got going for itself but it surely has something.

Well I need to do CE a good few times yet if I'm going to get my Titan to 32. Need 8 more radiant shards to max my raid boots and need raid gauntlets.

As for my hunter - aside from an exotic helmet that I got off Xur and decent boots (33 light), I'm on blue chest and gauntlets. So need everything really for him.

Message me later. I might not be on until 9ish. If we have a few people on tonight we can run the Abyss and the Bridge on normal and see if we get some shards and drops for you.

Message me later. I might not be on until 9ish. If we have a few people on tonight we can run the Abyss and the Bridge on normal and see if we get some shards and drops for you.

Quad has the bridge checkpoint on his Titan if you want to skip past that. He dropped in last night after I managed to get across on my own - survived and made the jump only to get killed by the blue knight when the sword disappeared after I landed! Grrr!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cannot get Word of Crota. 6 or 7 Fang of Ir Yuts. Have all raid gear for all classes and all NM weapons so once I get Word and Crux I am done with that god awful HM raid. It's like the Australia of raids where everything there can kill you in no time at all.

Only need Gjallarhorn, Crux and 4th Horseman and I have all exotics as well. HoW needs to come out soon because I haven't even no-lifed this game and I have nearly squeezed all life out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I try to get away..... I try..... All 3 characters on lvl32.... Platinum Trophy..... Now.... Well now..... I farm Grimore Score.... I'm too far gone lads.... Just go on with your lives without me :(

But seriously if anyone is playing GTA5 Online Hesits or Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection, hit me up on PS4 please

• Registered Users Posts: 45,920 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Still need to do a few more raids myself.

Need a Helm and Gauntlets for my Warlock - did the normal raid this week and got none of them so need to try do the hard mode with the warlock this week and cross my fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Cormac... wrote: »
    I try to get away..... I try..... All 3 characters on lvl32.... Platinum Trophy..... Now.... Well now..... I farm Grimore Score.... I'm too far gone lads.... Just go on with your lives without me :(

But seriously if anyone is playing GTA5 Online Hesits or Borderlands Handsome Jack Collection, hit me up on PS4 please

my borderlands will take 5 or 6 days to download(lol yes 5 or 6 days), but ill be on it then to play it from thw start all over again.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    my borderlands will take 5 or 6 days to download(lol yes 5 or 6 days), but ill be on it then to play it from thw start all over again.

Off Topic, but are you getting it digitally off the US store, the UK/Ireland Store or Online from Amazon etc or in a Bricks and Mortor Gameshop?

Looks like Amazon.co.uk is the cheapest option (barely) but won't be here until next week :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Off Topic, but are you getting it digitally off the US store, the UK/Ireland Store or Online from Amazon etc or in a Bricks and Mortor Gameshop?

Looks like Amazon.co.uk is the cheapest option (barely) but won't be here until next week :-/

I'll be buying it digitally for the irish store multiple times - i intend on forcing mates to play with me whether they like it or not. But they will like it ofc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I got it on the irish store, i had a bit of money in my paypal after cheltenham winnings so it was a toss up between digital or amazon but amazon dont take paypal.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I got it on the irish store, i had a bit of money in my paypal after cheltenham winnings so it was a toss up between digital or amazon but amazon dont take paypal.

Anyway, it's pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk so I'll have it mid-next week.

Would be good to get some of the Destiny crew together playing this for the laugh

I don't remember seeing anyone mentioning this before. I installed the Destiny Item Manager app for desktop Chrome. You can swap items really easily and create custom loadouts. Plus it looks really nice.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Anyway, it's pre-ordered on Amazon.co.uk so I'll have it mid-next week.

Would be good to get some of the Destiny crew together playing this for the laugh

When did you order it? Normally pre-orders on Amazon arrive day of release.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement