Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

When did you order it? Normally pre-orders on Amazon arrive day of release.

Not anymore unless you use parcel motel. Amazon does not ship games until the day before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So with the next patch our vault will be increased to 24 pieces of armour and items plus 36 weapons.

Someone ask for a Gjallarhorn? :D

vault_biggest.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

No Obsidian Mind. Stupid vault.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Jesus these weekly updates are becoming cat. No word on HoW either and sounds like they aren't announcing it for weeks, only people gonna be playing that are those of us who bought the dlc pack, everyone else will be so far gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

All those exotic shards (23,999,976) would cost 167,999,832 strange coins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Xur selling Mida, ruin wings, obsidian mind and achlyophage symbiote plus a gauntlet engram and heavy ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RUIN WINGS! YAY! A reason to log on to destiny today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Obsidian mind ... oh yes!
    Nothing else there for me though ... it'll be a synth stock up week again I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Not anymore unless you use parcel motel. Amazon does not ship games until the day before release.

Not the day before, but the day of release, since the GTA5 debacle where some people got it a day early :P

Went with free shipping, it'll probably be here middle of next week.
    All those exotic shards (23,999,976) would cost 167,999,832 strange coins.

Damn, I almost have enough.

Enjoy you Obsidian Minds people. Now you can all feel the joy Wes and Myself feel in the Abyss :pac:

Also

Destiny YU-Gi-Oh cards for those of you into Anime etc:

http://imgur.com/a/FxtU4

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cacdit2016

Is Destiny worth getting?

• Advertisement

cacdit2016 wrote: »
    Is Destiny worth getting?

Short Answer: Yes

Long Answer: Yes but not this week.

You've asked during it's quietest period since launch to be honest. Even our most hardcore of players are using this window of opportunity to take a break. Most of use are taking a break after 6.5 months as the 2nd DLC is about 6-8 weeks out. I'd recommend waiting about 5 weeks. Then by the time you finish the base game content and some of the 1st DLC stuff, DLC pack 2 will land in perfect timing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Mida multitool or ruin wings. Only exotic primaries I have so far are Monte Carlo and that shotgun. Forget the name. Also have do gooder and another nitc aswell as maxed out the devil you don't with field scout. Actually love that gun.

I have insurmountable skull fort and legendary everything else.

Have icebreaker and patience and time as well as few legendary shotguns and a void ldr and the fusion rifles.

No exotic heavies yet.

What ye think.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Mida multitool or ruin wings. Only exotic primaries I have so far are Monte Carlo and that shotgun. Forget the name. Also have do gooder and another nitc aswell as maxed out the devil you don't with field scout. Actually love that gun.

I have insurmountable skull fort and legendary everything else.

Have icebreaker and patience and time as well as few legendary shotguns and a void ldr and the fusion rifles.

No exotic heavies yet.

What ye think.

If you don't have decent heavies, you're not gonna be pushed about heavy ammo.
    I'm sure some Titan Main players will sing their praises but they are a B-Tier exotic armour at best.... just like the Mida is a B tier Exotic weapon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you don't have decent heavies, you're not gonna be pushed about heavy ammo.
    I'm sure some Titan Main players will sing their praises but they are a B-Tier exotic armour at best.... just like the Mida is a B tier Exotic weapon :P

Ruin wings are the second best titan exotic armour after Helm of Saint 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ruin Wings are definitely not B tier...

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ruin wings are the second best titan exotic armour after Helm of Saint 14.

What about the Armamentarium and Glasshouse though?

EDIT: found this as kind of frame of reference
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2y1kxu/guide_awrysharks_titan_exotic_guide_and_pve/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Is anyone really short of coins with weekly matchmaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is anyone really short of coins with weekly matchmaking?

People who can't play often, but short of that no.

Find out the Glimmer Farming Techniques that Millionaires don't want you to know:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/30hn77/sga_the_glimmer_farming_technique_i_told_you_guys/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What about the Armamentarium and Glasshouse though?

EDIT: found this as kind of frame of reference
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2y1kxu/guide_awrysharks_titan_exotic_guide_and_pve/

I'll always run Ruin Wings no matter what subclass I am. I then use Saint14 for Raids mainly to create space for the rest of the team(really effective in the Abyss or VOG at the Gatekeeper when you have two or three titans running it)
    I'll switch to Glasshouse at Atheon with weapons of light to make it last longer.

When I play Crucible I'd use either Armenterium or Skullfort depending how I'm playing.

Ruin Wings make nightfalls extremely easy with the amount of heavy drops. I've went through a few now at this stage using a Heavy as my primary thanks to RW.

Plus they look cool :)

• Advertisement

Salvage is back for anyone who cares btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Salvage is back for anyone who cares btw :p

One of the four trophies I need for platinum.

One of the four trophies I need for platinum.

Yup, it's one of the harder ones to grab and has broken a few players spirits alright. I'll be playing some over the weekend if you see me on we'll get a group going

Anyone want to try that glimmer farm method, last week bankrupted me.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yup, it's one of the harder ones to grab and has broken a few players spirits alright. I'll be playing some over the weekend if you see me on we'll get a group going

It was easy when the game first came out from what I remember, probably because there was a lot more headless chickens running around PvP those days I suppose.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It was easy when the game first came out from what I remember, probably because there was a lot more headless chickens running around PvP those days I suppose.

Miles easier, there wasn't many people "wrecking" in the crucible back then and nowadays Salvage is almost exclusively reserved for players who are hunting max grimore score. You'll notice 90% of games you'll be against a team of 3 with Grimore Scores of 2850+, making it extremely tough. And playing it on TDB maps is even harder as yo may be less familiar with them.

Low stats on the Xur's ruin wings, wanted it but give it a miss.

Varik wrote: »
    Low stats on the Xur's ruin wings, wanted it but give it a miss.

Yeah, seen that, meanwhile the Obsidian Mind is like 50 higher than the last version he sold... time to re-buy and re-level

Yeah, seen that, meanwhile the Obsidian Mind is like 50 higher than the last version he sold... time to re-buy and re-level

Bought some at the start that were low but didn't know better.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Bought some at the start that were low but didn't know better.

Do you have the coinage to re-buy them a 2nd time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement