Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is anyone really short of coins with weekly matchmaking?

I only ever run the weekly if Xur sells something that I want. Otherwise I usually don't bother.

I might do it on one character but definitely wouldn't run it on all unless Xur prompts it on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cormac... wrote: »
    Do you have the coinage to re-buy them a 2nd time?

Probably but don't play often so haven't been doing the weekly every week.

With the matchmaking now for weeklies and the extra bank space I'll start to buy a second of those I've got and level those up when turning in bounties but it'll be the lack of shards that gets me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Varik wrote: »
    Probably but don't play often so haven't been doing the weekly every week.

With the matchmaking now for weeklies and the extra bank space I'll start to buy a second of those I've got and level those up when turning in bounties but it'll be the lack of shards that gets me.

But when you need shards for the new one, just shard the old one :)

But when you need shards for the new one, just shard the old one :)

Forgotten about the Ascendant Energy and Shards being no longer used for exotics.

That simplifies things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is anyone really short of coins with weekly matchmaking?

Wait? Did they bring matchmaking to the weekly?

Also is the MIDA Multi Tool any good?

• Advertisement

Bought an engram and got ruin wings but a worse version of the one on sale, also re-bought/bought the 2 helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks again to Cormac for helping me get 2 strange coin's over the weekend, I was 2 off buying the Exotic headpiece from Xur since Friday....

I got one after playing most of Friday, was still one off yesterday, so went the route of levelling up my second character so I could get to coin via story mode, nightmare but we got there in the end! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Varik wrote: »
    Bought an engram and got ruin wings but a worse version of the one on sale, also re-bought/bought the 2 helmets.

Strange. Did the same and got a better version than the ones he was selling

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Hit 2900 grimore think im burnt out now :eek:

http://destinystatus.com/psn/SaltyMinge2800/grimoire

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wait? Did they bring matchmaking to the weekly?

Also is the MIDA Multi Tool any good?

Yes
    Yes

Haven't played this in a week. It's game over man game over!

• Advertisement

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Hit 2900 grimore think im burnt out now :eek:

http://destinystatus.com/psn/SaltyMinge2800/grimoire

That'll do it alright :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I hate playing crucible. Or perhaps I should say, I hated playing crucible until last night.

I had a crack at Skirmish 3v3 with SteveDPirate last night and we ended up destroying the place. It's the first time I've ended up playing in a fireteam and I get why people play crucible this way.

Now we need to persuade Quad Red to put aside his Cruciblehate to join us so we can really rip through the matches.

Any of you X1 players go onto Skirmish much? Far more fun than Control or 6v6 - I think it's the race to revive that makes it fun

To be fair a lot of our usual PvE players (Rossi, Marc, Redzer, Wondaboy, Conovar and so on) made the move to trying PvP during the last 2 seasons of Iron Banner, and i'd say it converted a decent few of them for the short term at least. Once you know the maps and have decent weapons equipped being on mics can be a god send.

Here's some hand Skirmish tips:
    If a blade dancer or gunslinger kills 2 or 3 of you, just stay down until their super is gone completely.
    Spilt up for Heavy ammo and try grab both packs (send whoever has a super ready on their own)
    Don't keep reviving each other if there are snipers or a bunch of players aiming at the dead guy around the corner, they'll keep killing him and racking up points - a lot of time i'll just aim my sniper above some red orb knowing his out of sight buddy is gonna make him pop back up.
    Blessing of Light right band smack in the middle of the map can be a god send- just keep strafing in and out.
    If you die in a firefight, wait a few seconds when you re-spawn, if a 2nd or 3rd guy on your team died too, at least you'll all respawn together

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I was just about to say that I had the most fun in Destiny in weeks when we were playing last night. Thanks for persuading me to play. I've only played Crucible a hand full of times solo, and I've never really gotten into it. I felt a little rusty when we started off, but we soon found our rythym!

I recorded the last 4 minutes of the last game we played where I ended up with an 18-3 k/d. The Last Word was tearing the place up!! I also got the PVP part of the Invective bounty done in 3 games of Skirmish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Think i'll finally pick this up this week, once i trade in The Order. Looking forward to finally giving it a shot.

Kiith wrote: »
    Think i'll finally pick this up this week, once i trade in The Order. Looking forward to finally giving it a shot.

Join the clan and ask any questions you may have, the game is a bit short on the ole explaining things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

To be fair a lot of our usual PvE players (Rossi, Marc, Redzer, Wondaboy, Conovar and so on) made the move to trying PvP during the last 2 seasons of Iron Banner, and i'd say it converted a decent few of them for the short term at least. Once you know the maps and have decent weapons equipped being on mics can be a god send.

I had done a fair bit of PvP on the Titan when I first picked up the game, then concentrated on the PvE, as I am mainly PvE'r. My Warlock is now my predominant PvP char who will hop in to do some raids to help level up as the Titan is now 32.
    I recorded the last 4 minutes of the last game we played where I ended up with an 18-3 k/d. The Last Word was tearing the place up!! I also got the PVP part of the Invective bounty done in 3 games of Skirmish.

I've found since moving to Hand Cannons for PvP i'm getting more joy out of my attempts to murderise people. (I had been a Shadow Price fan from the start)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I was just about to say that I had the most fun in Destiny in weeks when we were playing last night. Thanks for persuading me to play. I've only played Crucible a hand full of times solo, and I've never really gotten into it. I felt a little rusty when we started off, but we soon found our rythym!

That was insane. I'd usually be pretty happy with a 2:1 Kill to death ratio ... but you were making me look pretty shoddy last night!

I'm just happy I've found something else to extend the life of the game until HoW in May - I can see Skirmish replacing the daily PvE grind.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I love Crucible but I don't like Skirmish.

I'm a Clash / Control person, though Rumble is fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I didn't think much of Skirmish until last night. I may have only played 2 or 3 rounds before then. Merry and I tore the place up in the last few games we played. Great fun! We were moving in a pack of 3 all the time and controlling areas of the map.

Previously I had only played Clash and Control, but never really enjoyed Crucible as a whole. It's different playing with a wingman :D

• Advertisement

Has there been DLC released since the game came out, and how much it costs? Just wondering if it's something i'll need to pickup if i buy the game today, or if its just high level content (can't check right now as i'm in work)

Has there been DLC released since the game came out, and how much it costs? Just wondering if it's something i'll need to pickup if i buy the game today, or if its just high level content (can't check right now as i'm in work)

Yes, pack 1 came out in December, pack 2 is due in about 6 weeks. It's pretty much necessary if you want to enjoy the end-game stuff. I don't think you save any money buy pre-buying though. So you could just get the vanilla stuff and decide if you want to shell out for the Expansion Pass (which contains DLC 1 and 2) for about €35 i think.

Some of the stuff that happens only once a week/month can be limited to being for people with the DLC only, you'll know when it happens, and that's usually their subtle way of upselling. Try the Vanilla and see what you think once you finish the main Story and have played some Strikes and PvP. If you can hit level 26 and give the Vault of Glass Raid a try.... well that's really where your bread is gonna be buttered entertainment wise

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's been one DLC drop and another due in May, it wouldn't be accessible until you're well levelled up anyway. Unless you get a good deal on the season pass I'd say just get the basic game for now as you might find you don't like it enough to put the effort into levelling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thanks to the lads from last night for the swift runs of VOG and Crota, no glorious drops for me but the shards and energies help and it is Destiny after all so it's typically when you least expect it.

On the same note, I've been through numerous exotic bounties and was waiting for A Voice in the Wilderness to appear, finally popped up on Saturday and took about 40mins to complete then lo and behold Sunday afternoon another one, what's with this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

once you finish the main Story....

ax2zNNb_700b.jpg

DestinyMeme1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah, if you are getting it on the PS4 amazon still have the LE for £45, ~€55-€60 atm, which includes the €35 season pass. As mentioned it is all high level content except for the mp maps.

Yeah, if you are getting it on the PS4 amazon still have the LE for £45, ~€55-€60 atm, which includes the €35 season pass. As mentioned it is all high level content except for the mp maps.

Actually, yes, scratch what I said. Get this, what he said, I was wrong, this is better value.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00L8IW9ES/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

"Hmm, maybe i can pickup the LE in Gamestop for a decent price." was my initial thought...nope, €109! Hah, what was i thinking :pac:

Will just pickup the regular version for €40 in Smyths and see how i like it.

"Hmm, maybe i can pickup the LE in Gamestop for a decent price." was my initial thought...nope, €109! Hah, what was i thinking :pac:

Will just pickup the regular version for €40 in Smyths and see how i like it.

The LE would be a much better investment at it's current price tbh as the DLC packs are like £20 for 1 or £35 for both alone. But then again you'd have to wait a few days for postage so ce-la-vie

• Advertisement

Yeah, i'm not really one for waiting, plus i was looking at class overviews online in work today and really want to give it a go tonight :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement