Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, i'm not really one for waiting, plus i was looking at class overviews online in work today and really want to give it a go tonight :P

Very good, then run along young kinder guardian.... Destiny awaits :)

muwhahahaha another soul consumed

• Registered Users Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    Join the clan and ask any questions you may have, the game is a bit short on the ole explaining things :P

That was my experience with it. It's a good game, but I don't understand how people are still playing it. It just became a permanent grind of the same levels over and over again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,285 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bad Horse wrote: »
    That was my experience with it. It's a good game, but I don't understand how people are still playing it. It just became a permanent grind of the same levels over and over again.

It's the raids that make it fun really, unfortunately it takes quite a bit of time to get levelled high enough to play them which is what makes me reluctant to recommend the game to new comers thinking of taking the plunge. outside of the raids it's a grind alright, and basically relies on you being addicted rather than enjoying yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I only really started PvP-ing in the last 2 IB. A lot more fun than other titles but that's probably because you can nova bomb. Pity clan fire teams die off with no IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,768 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's the raids that make it fun really, unfortunately it takes quite a bit of time to get levelled high enough to play them which is what makes me reluctant to recommend the game to new comers thinking of taking the plunge. outside of the raids it's a grind alright, and basically relies on you being addicted rather than enjoying yourself.

Yeah I was fairly addicted for the first month or so. Just the grind of doing the bounties etc, as well as stupid things like only being able to earn so much rank marks (whatever they're called, I forget now) per week, just prolonging the grind...

It was good craic while it lasted, but there just wasn't enough variety to make the grind worth it for me. And I say that as someone who spent hours upon hours using the treasure room glitch in Borderlands 2 to try and get legendaries.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Picked it up this afternoon and really enjoying it so far. Still only level 7 and doing the campaign, but i like how it controls and the gameplay has been fun so far. Definitely see myself sticking with it for a while anyway. Had some blooyd tough missions though, as i figured i'd do hard for the first campaign. The last one (raise the array) was bloody tough...took me 5 or 6 attempts. One thing i do hate is respawning enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Picked it up this afternoon and really enjoying it so far. Still only level 7 and doing the campaign, but i like how it controls and the gameplay has been fun so far. Definitely see myself sticking with it for a while anyway. Had some blooyd tough missions though, as i figured i'd do hard for the first campaign. The last one (raise the array) was bloody tough...took me 5 or 6 attempts. One thing i do hate is respawning enemies.

Yeah, that Array mission is quite tough. As you alluded to, the gunplay is pretty spot on. We've all cited it as the ONE thing bungie get right every time.

As you progress, don't neglect the bounties. They are a great way to help you level up your char and gear.

Once you finish the story missions and hit level 20 (soft cap), the grind to Light 32 (Hard Cap) really starts. It is offset some what by the raids, as they can be great craic with a full fire team. Join the clan, and once your up to level, you'll have no problem getting a group of us together to get you through. The first one, Vault of Glass, is excellent as it requires a lot of team work, and there being so many different elements to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Make sure to pick up the bounties from the bounty tracker, it'll give you more xp for ranking up.

Yeah, did a few bounties as well, and am on the 2nd moon mission. Might stick to doing these missions on normal though, as the XP bonus isn't that much bigger than on Hard mode. Do you get better gear in hard mode?

Is there different stats? I got some + strength gear, and i wasn't sure if that was any good for a Warlock (sounds like a Titan stat).

Joined the clan as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yeah, did a few bounties as well, and am on the 2nd moon mission. Might stick to doing these missions on normal though, as the XP bonus isn't that much bigger than on Hard mode. Do you get better gear in hard mode?

Is there different stats? I got some + strength gear, and i wasn't sure if that was any good for a Warlock (sounds like a Titan stat).

The only reason you'd bump up the difficulty is if you were playing with a much higher level guardian and racing through the level, otherwise the bump in XP just isn't worth it & you don't get better gear.
    Bounties are the best way to level up as been said.
    Gear can have different stats - Intellect boosts your super allowing you to use it more often, which is probably the best thing. You'll get the best stuff from Xur each Friday just farm those strange coins (you won't really be able to yet)

• Advertisement

Not really. Just more XP

Strength, even for Titans, is probably the least used of the three stats; Intellect / Discipline / Strength.

Intellect- Reduces the cooldown of your Super. For Voidwalker Warlocks (Which I believe you are), this is essential.
    Discipline- Reduces the cooldown of your Grenades. Really useful, especially in Vault of Glass when holding the Relic.
    Stregth- Reduces the cooldown of your Melee. None of the Melee attacks are really a "go to" ability. I only really use it for the Melee bounties and thats it.
    Actually realised who you where after I posted above as I approved your application.:D

Yeah, i'm a Voidwalker so far (Razgriz is my PSN name iirc), and enjoying it. Loving the jumping flying plasma grenade type ability i have (i'm sure i has an actual name :P), but it does take a while to power up at times. Need to get myself some intellect i suppose.

Regarding your ship, does getting better ones actually do anything, or is it just cosmetic?

Cheers for accepting the invite so fast. Was expecting a bit of a delay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah, i'm a Voidwalker so far (Razgriz is my PSN name iirc), and enjoying it. Loving the jumping flying plasma grenade type ability i have (i'm sure i has an actual name :P), but it does take a while to power up at times. Need to get myself some intellect i suppose.

Regarding your ship, does getting better ones actually do anything, or is it just cosmetic?

Ship is 100% cosmetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

Just cosmetic man :)

you can get faster sparrow though ... from the Raids.

As Mitch has said, the ship is 100% cosmetic fluff. Same goes for your speeder bike.

That would be your super, and once you get your intellect up, and get yourself the Obsidian Mind Exotic Helm, you will absolutely destroy groups and have the super recharge almost instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Anyone know what the NF is this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know what the NF is this week?

Assume megaman was correct and it is Nexus with Void burn. Weekly has no burn (BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Damn.
    That NF is killer boring. Hide in the cheese cave and snipe etc.

At least I've picked up Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and a void LDR sniper since the last time this rolled around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The Nexus is the best, finish it in about 5 minutes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Assume megaman was correct and it is Nexus with Void burn. Weekly has no burn (BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

Yep, nexus with;
    Epic.
    Void.
    Angry.
    Juggler.

Weekly with;
    Heroic.
    Juggler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

FOR THE NIGHTFALL:

WEAPONS
    Use these (if you have one):
    -Primaries: Word of Crota / Atheons Epilogue
    -Secondaries for Mobs/Servitors: Praedyths Revenge (Field Scout Mod), Swordbreaker or Void Felwinters Lie (Send-it Mods)
    -Secondaries for the Nexus: Efrideet's Spear or Void LDR (Dropped, not vendor Arc one)
    -Heavies for Mobs/Servitors: Corrective Measure (Field Scout mod), 100 rounds of CM are better than 20-30 in a high impact MG
    -Heavies for the Nexus: Truth, bend it like Beckham over that shield

BOUNTIES
    Don't forget to pick up these Bounties before you start:
    -The Cleansing from Eris (Kill any Majors or Ultras in a Nightfall activity) for 3 easy Motes of Light.
    -Vex Minds from Robobuddy (Kill 10 Vex Majors or Ultras)
    -It's all in the Head and Walking Tall from Robobuddy cause why the hell not

INFERNO IS BACK

Inferno mode is making a comeback to the Crucible this week! As a follow up to its debut as a Control variant, we’re serving up a more challenging way to play Clash. To equip you with some knowledge, here’s Crucible Designer Jeremiah Pieschl with some tactical analysis you’ll need to excel.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt Jr.

Now that you’re ready to dare mighty things, let’s survey your upcoming battleground. Inferno Clash shares several traits with the Inferno Control mode. In case you didn’t dance with the fire last month, here’s a summary:
    No Tracker
    Players have no “radar” in the top left corner of their HUD
    Super Good Advice: Please, please check your corners, Guardians
    Simplified Scoring
    We've removed as many scoring events as possible
    The mode is solely about getting kills
    Assists are good for teamplay but don’t net any points
    Less Heavy Ammo
    There’s only one set of Heavy crates per match
    With no Tracker, it’s much easier to flank an aggressive opponent that’s pushing for kills because they have Heavy
    Expect players to play more conservatively with Heavy ammo to try and get more bang for the buck
    Communication
    Though not specific to Inferno, communicating with your team can drastically push the odds into your favor
    Whether you’re in a fireteam or using opt-in voice chat, remember to call out enemy locations and share other valuable intel with your team

The map lineup remains consistent between Inferno Control and Inferno Clash. Here are the venues of carnage you can look forward to:
    The Anomaly
    Firebase Delphi
    Twilight Gap
    Rusted Lands
    Shores of Time
    Blind Watch
    Asylum
    The Burning Shrine
    The Cauldron
    Pantheon

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

bah this week wasn't good for me with the nightfalls, got 11 strange coins, legendary sniper(forget the name) and achlyophage symbiote :/ Though the 3 nightfalls were knocked out super quick so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Damn.
    That NF is killer boring. Hide in the cheese cave and snipe etc.

At least I've picked up Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and a void LDR sniper since the last time this rolled around.

I still don't have a void sniper. In lieu, I'll be using Truth as much as possible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

INFERNO IS BACK

Inferno mode is making a comeback to the Crucible this week! As a follow up to its debut as a Control variant, we’re serving up a more challenging way to play Clash. To equip you with some knowledge, here’s Crucible Designer Jeremiah Pieschl with some tactical analysis you’ll need to excel.

“Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in that grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt Jr.

Now that you’re ready to dare mighty things, let’s survey your upcoming battleground. Inferno Clash shares several traits with the Inferno Control mode. In case you didn’t dance with the fire last month, here’s a summary:
    No Tracker
    Players have no “radar” in the top left corner of their HUD
    Super Good Advice: Please, please check your corners, Guardians
    Simplified Scoring
    We've removed as many scoring events as possible
    The mode is solely about getting kills
    Assists are good for teamplay but don’t net any points
    Less Heavy Ammo
    There’s only one set of Heavy crates per match
    With no Tracker, it’s much easier to flank an aggressive opponent that’s pushing for kills because they have Heavy
    Expect players to play more conservatively with Heavy ammo to try and get more bang for the buck
    Communication
    Though not specific to Inferno, communicating with your team can drastically push the odds into your favor
    Whether you’re in a fireteam or using opt-in voice chat, remember to call out enemy locations and share other valuable intel with your team

The map lineup remains consistent between Inferno Control and Inferno Clash. Here are the venues of carnage you can look forward to:
    The Anomaly
    Firebase Delphi
    Twilight Gap
    Rusted Lands
    Shores of Time
    Blind Watch
    Asylum
    The Burning Shrine
    The Cauldron
    Pantheon

Looking forward to having a go at inferno, missed it the last time around. I wonder if Bungie will ever add in a game type similar to Halo's swat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

FOR THE NIGHTFALL:

WEAPONS
    Use these (if you have one):
    -Primaries: Word of Crota / Atheons Epilogue
    -Secondaries for Mobs/Servitors: Praedyths Revenge (Field Scout Mod), Swordbreaker or Void Felwinters Lie (Send-it Mods)
    -Secondaries for the Nexus: Efrideet's Spear or Void LDR (Dropped, not vendor Arc one)
    -Heavies for Mobs/Servitors: Corrective Measure (Field Scout mod), 100 rounds of CM are better than 20-30 in a high impact MG
    -Heavies for the Nexus: Truth, bend it like Beckham over that shield

Kinda impressed that I have absolutely *none* of your recommended weapons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Nice Void LDR sniper and Starfire Protocol dropped from NF, can't complain. :)

:( I have LDR from a drop - Arc. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

:( I have LDR from a drop - Arc. :mad::mad:

Got that last week, not bad, not great, situational.

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Got that last week, not bad, not great, situational.

Mine came with Unflinching and Clown Cartridge. Think I'll stick with Praedyths Revenge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Weekly has no burn (BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO).

Gjallarhorn's time to shine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement