Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Next weeks Nightfall:
    Valus
    ・Epic
    ・Nightfall
    ・Ligthswitch
    ・Angry
    ・Juggler

Phalanx, Angry, Lightswitch
    Think I will give it a miss.... GRIND.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Next weeks Nightfall:
    Valus
    ・Epic
    ・Nightfall
    ・Ligthswitch
    ・Angry
    ・Juggler

Phalanx, Angry, Lightswitch
    Think I will give it a miss.... GRIND.

And no burn yet again? Pain in the b****x :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Funny enough, I didn't snatched them up the first time around, and I think they do make you a bit lazy crossing the abyss ... you can do it perfectly fine without them, it forces you to have a tighter timing using your abilities ... and the 3 of them ( Escape Artist, Stalker, Shadowjack )

Absolutely. They are by no means essential to crossing the abyss. Titans and Warlocks can do it solo with NO invisibility. But they do provide an extra bit of protection. We've all been blindsided in the abyss, and these can help mitigate that somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So - Dragons Breath (meh), Glasshouse with an okay roll and rubbish roll DTMs & Sunbreakers.

Another useless Xur week.

But there's the engram. Oh ... cool. So I roll it and get a worse version of Lucky Raspberry than rolled for me from the NF.

I know I say this often, but ... SCREW YOU GAME!!

onlyTobes wrote: »
    And no burn yet again? Pain in the b****x :mad:

To be fair this NF with burn is a bit too handy.

It's a long one to do, but not difficult. That said, given that the NFs have given me SFA now for weeks (apart from Lucky Raspberry this week ... which is actually pretty decent) I can't say I'm too pushed to grind this out for the slim chance that Game will reward me with the two exotics remaining - Suros or Truth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I see Bungie changed it again this week. Megaman said it would be
    Mk 44 Stand Asides
    Mask of the Third Man
    Apotheosis Veil
    Hardlight

Megaman hasn't predicted anything that Xur is selling since the 1.1.1 update. All he's done for the last few weeks is predict the upcoming Nightfall and Weekly Heroic strike which has been spot on so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

bucks73 wrote: »
    Megaman hasn't predicted anything that Xur is selling since the 1.1.1 update. All he's done for the last few weeks is predict the upcoming Nightfall and Weekly Heroic strike which has been spot on so far.

He has but says that there isn't much point in it anymore as Bungie now have 2 versions of Xur in the files, the normal one and one they can change and implement at will.

After posting what would be up today he also posted:
    "This Xur upgrade products and rarity, exotic engram the same as obtained from the list and so far, exotic armor and exotic weapons represent that Bungie is operating Xur directly.
    There is a high possibility that it will become impossible to get a list of xur that is conclusive. It is impossible to again predict which xur and if next week will have the same one after this result.
    I think it's unnecessary information because the system has been changed, but dare say. MIDA Multi-Tool and Obsidian Mind was planned to come next week. Also Thunderlord was scheduled to come May 8 (5/8/15)."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

He has but says that there isn't much point in it anymore as Bungie now have 2 versions of Xur in the files, the normal one and one they can change and implement at will.

After posting what would be up today he also posted:

The info he originally obtained which was proving accurate was prior to 1.1.1.1. The info he obtained after the patch showed the exact same list of items, the same list you quoted, for sale both last weekend and this weekend. Effectively meaning the lists of items he found for sale could not be believed. I don't think anyone on Reddit was expecting Hardlight to show up again.

He stated a few weeks ago that he will not be predicting anything in future even though he has been flooded with requests to do so because it's harder to predict now and the fact that Bungie can change the items for sale more easily since the update.
    Apparently he can't query for single items in Xur inventory anymore, whenever he tries the server just returns the same items from this week, all he can do now is predict the Exotic Engram and some of the items in the Upgrade Exotic list.
    He's not sure if this happens because Bungie is controlling Xur directly or because of the server side changes that have been implemented recently, but if this happens again next week, or the following, he'll most likely be unable to predict Xur anymore.

For the query result check the 2 images, one from 27th March and the other from 4th April, both have the same items except for the Engram and the Upgradable Exotics.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea there's nothing there I want to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,437 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I just don't get it anymore..its almost like Bungie wants Destiny to fail at this stage and watch as the playing numbers dwindle.
    The only thing that would bring people back in is if Xur is selling something like Gallahorn or the Suros etc but what do Bungie do...No Land Beyond etc and most crap.
    I've practically given up on the game at this stage and playing Fifa 15 and GTA5 as well as the Last of US MP and the Walking Dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Blazer wrote: »
    I just don't get it anymore..its almost like Bungie wants Destiny to fail at this stage and watch as the playing numbers dwindle.
    The only thing that would bring people back in is if Xur is selling something like Gallahorn or the Suros etc but what do Bungie do...No Land Beyond etc and most crap.
    I've practically given up on the game at this stage and playing Fifa 15 and GTA5 as well as the Last of US MP and the Walking Dead.

Try out Far Cry 4. Endless activities to do in it, so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Delaying the dlc by this much (not even announced yet), is a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads can someone approve my request to the ps4 clan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

AdamD wrote: »

I don't mind actually. I'm enjoying the break, playing some games other than Destiny.

By the time the DLC rolls around I should be ready for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »

Yup. The numbers on my friendslist on any given day has dwindled to a few hardcore players. If they only release a raid and a couple of strikes for the next DLC, which seems to be about the strength of the pve stuff leaked, then they could be in a spot of bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads can someone approve my request to the ps4 clan?

I think it's been approved, do you have the clan tag on your emblem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think it's been approved, do you have the clan tag on your emblem?

No, how do I set this up?

Do I need to do it through the bungie site?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    No, how do I set this up?

Do I need to do it through the bungie site?

Well 1st you join the Group (doesn't require approval) and then you set as PS Clan (does require approval), whats your PSN ID?

No burn.... FFS!!!!

It's Rocket's McD**kFace

Nightfall

Epic - Heavily shielded and highly aggressive enemies appear in great numbers.
    Nightfall - If all players die, your Fireteam is returned to Orbit.
    Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.
    Angry - Minions of the Darkness won't flinch, even after massive damage.
    Juggler - No ammo drops for your equipped weapon

Weekly Heroic Strike

Heroic - Enemies appear in greater numbers and are more aggressive.
    Lightswitch - Minions of the Darkness deal much more melee damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

You didn't mention which strike it is. Just checked and it's everbody's favourite pin head crit point ba***rd Valus Ta'aurc. Oh joy!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Skipping destiny for another week so.

hit level 32 on my warlock yesterday and was immediately hit with a sense of 'so... what now'.

Have a couple of exotics to upgrade (Hawkmoon and last word) and still to finish off the void walker class, but no great pressure to do either.

It is kinda nice not feeling like I have to play or I will be missing out on something. Might take a brake (for the most part) this week and then hit Iron Banner again next week. Don't really have much to get from Iron banner but then I would like to be rank 5 for glitchiness the first time it comes around after HoW drops, so need to keep that IB grind up!

Iron Banner again next week

pull-me-back-in.gif%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D227

Cormac... wrote: »
    pull-me-back-in.gif%3Fw%3D500%26h%3D227

indeed!

Don't know what is for sale though - would love an IB helm.

It was from a 'leak' a while back that I saw IB was due again April 14th. It could have been wrong or things may have changed since then.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I got IB to lvl 5 the first time it was on so I got the shaders and emblems and haven't seen the point of bothering with it since apart from the odd game if there's enough online for a full fireteam. What's to be gained from it if you have full raid armour already?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I got IB to lvl 5 the first time it was on so I got the shaders and emblems and haven't seen the point of bothering with it since apart from the odd game if there's enough online for a full fireteam. What's to be gained from it if you have full raid armour already?

IB weapons is about it. Although the warlock IB armour looks AMAZBALLS - so that was part of my reason for doing it last time around!

My reason for doing it this time would be to get to level 5 in the hope HoW drops before the next round of IB - so if the glitch works I could have quick access to 33+ armour. Though they may either fix that glitch or not drop over 32 armour in the first HoW IB. Or there could be another IB before HoW so I'd have to grind that too! In fairness though, i do find IB good fun to play. So it only feels a little like a grind.

I play IB cause it's the only time iI can get 5 other players to play Crucible with me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Should be Skorri's Revenge (the pulse rifle) and hopefully the helmet finally. I am definitely losing motivation to tune in. Outside of the Nightfall, I haven't run any raids in 2 weeks. Bungie are really risking losing a good chunk of their player base at this stage.

So managed to solo the NF, then got loot raped on my second solo attempt ... ;)

They needn't have bothered ... as my terrible luck now appears to be contagious! Two rubbish legendary weapons (both vanguard weapons with poor rolls) and 7 energies.

Screw you yet again game!

A couple of good runs at Crota made up for it, netting The Last Word, 3rd Fang, and a load of replacement raid armour with excellent stats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I have not seen anything good drop from the Nightfalls in about 2 months. I still have to run it with my Titan, but I'll wait until the weekend. We ran 2 normal and 1 hard CE Raid last. I didn't get anything new. A bunch of armour and shards, Truth and my 3rd Word of Crota.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement