Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'd happily have Truth. :)

Every week I run CE to try get Blackhammer from NM. And it just will not drop. I've every other gun multiple times ... but no Blackhammer. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Ran CE last week where Blackhammer finally dropped along with the elusive Titan helmet, all from normal mode, have all Crota weapons now. Ran VOG 3 times normal and 1 hard but still no Fatebringer, Corrective Measure and Hezen Vengence. Crota drops are definitely better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I have not seen anything good drop from the Nightfalls in about 2 months. I still have to run it with my Titan, but I'll wait until the weekend. We ran 2 normal and 1 hard CE Raid last. I didn't get anything new. A bunch of armour and shards, Truth and my 3rd Word of Crota.

Three words - No Land Beyond.

Again.

This meme is me - NLB was the first exotic I've ever had drop and continues to be the most common.

57824270.jpg

But got CE raid gauntlets which completes the set for the titan so I'm happy. Twenty one shards to 32. It's realistically going to happen when I grind Eris to 4 and am able to change the 44 radiant energies I have.

And thanks for the babysit with my 28 hunter on CE. I was so happy that despite shooting blanks, I still managed to kill one thing. One. Just one. But a very special one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Got myself a new TV for the games room there after 4 months of moaning that I can't see jack $hite in the Abyss and that everything was kind of "grey".

The new TV is fantastic, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's so vibrant :)

It's like everything is so much smoother, even moving the cursor around to select missions is a joy now.
    Can't believe this how good it's made the game look, it's like playing on a PS4.5

It's probably something to do with Hz or a Gaming Channel or something but it looks fab.

The only down side is he stuff at the extremities of the screen are kind of blurry and there seems to be some image tearing there when I run or move the camera fast.

Maybe this was always there and I'm only noticing it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I'd happily have Truth. :)

Every week I run CE to try get Blackhammer from NM. And it just will not drop. I've every other gun multiple times ... but no Blackhammer. :(

Still no Blackhammer for me either. I don't even know if I'll use it if/when it drops at this stage. I have Arc and Solar LDRs as back up snipers. Still have to run CE Normal on my Titan, so maybe we'll squeeze another run in tonight/tomorrow with Quad and a few others. Maybe get AJ to run the sword for a change!?! Would like another crack at VoG too. Really enjoyed the normal run last weekend. Wasn't as tough as Hard Mode.

I mentioned it last night, but now I'm sure I'll be without internet for at least a week from Saturday. Guess I'll have to play Destiny offline............ oh wait :pac:

• Advertisement

Could do alright ... I've nothing on this evening.

Think either a VoG run (as its fresh) or Titan run at CE normal is called for. Happy to give over sword duties to someone else.

Hadn't run sword in weeks - my first run last night was a disaster, beyond comical ("what's Merry doing bunny hopping around Crota?!" - what I was doing was thinking that the A button dropped the sword for some reason!!). But the second run was the cleanest sword run I've had - two easy swords down before ogres. :)

As for you Quad - you truly do have the worst luck in the game. It is known.

Except for Blackhammers - I'm on six and counting!

I've got sniper rifles coming out my arse. Icebreakers, NLBs and Patience and Time etc.

quad_red wrote: »
    Except for Blackhammers - I'm on six and counting!

I've got sniper rifles coming out my arse. Icebreakers, NLBs and Patience and Time etc.

I hate you. You're stealing our blackhammers!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,305 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Got myself a new TV for the games room there after 4 months of moaning that I can't see jack $hite in the Abyss and that everything was kind of "grey".

The new TV is fantastic, I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's so vibrant :)

It's like everything is so much smoother, even moving the cursor around to select missions is a joy now.
    Can't believe this how good it's made the game look, it's like playing on a PS4.5

It's probably something to do with Hz or a Gaming Channel or something but it looks fab.

The only down side is he stuff at the extremities of the screen are kind of blurry and there seems to be some image tearing there when I run or move the camera fast.

Maybe this was always there and I'm only noticing it now.

What TV did you pick up ? I was looking for a new one a while ago but decided to hold off for the time being.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    What TV did you pick up ? I was looking for a new one a while ago but decided to hold off for the time being.

Got it for a steal on Adverts, it's a 46" Samsung 3D LED one:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-le46c750-review-feature-table-page-4#tr-review-summary

It's fecking unreal, completely changed the game for me. It looks so pretty now

• Advertisement

Got it for a steal on Adverts, it's a 46" Samsung 3D LED one:

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-le46c750-review-feature-table-page-4#tr-review-summary

It's fecking unreal, completely changed the game for me. It looks so pretty now

Nice looking alright. Did it set you back much ?

Nice looking alright. Did it set you back much ?

€375 and came with 4 active sets of 3D glasses, would have been a good price without the glasses, but with them, well it was a great deal, 2nd hand as I say

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Could do alright ... I've nothing on this evening.

Think either a VoG run (as its fresh) or Titan run at CE normal is called for. Happy to give over sword duties to someone else.

Hadn't run sword in weeks - my first run last night was a disaster, beyond comical ("what's Merry doing bunny hopping around Crota?!" - what I was doing was thinking that the A button dropped the sword for some reason!!). But the second run was the cleanest sword run I've had - two easy swords down before ogres. :)

Haha. On top of that I was thinking "why the fe*k did he not pick up the Chalice?" You did it perfectly on your second attempt though.

Quad, stop hogging the Blackhammers!

Screw you all! [lights digital cigar with broken off barrel of discarded blackhammer]

€375 and came with 4 active sets of 3D glasses, would have been a good price without the glasses, but with them, well it was a great deal, 2nd hand as I say

That's a very good price. Its hard to find a decent TV on adverts though !!

That's a fantastic deal!

Have a Panny plasma with 3D. Didn't come with glasses and never so much as turned it on.

That's a very good price. Its hard to find a decent TV on adverts though !!

I reported about 7 adverts in Cork alone before I could bid on that one, so many people trying to avoid paying the €3 charges. But yeah, twas a steal. And I'm delighted with it, image tearing aside (which is probably just a setting I need a tech savvy mate to look at)

I reported about 7 adverts in Cork alone before I could bid on that one, so many people trying to avoid paying the €3 charges. But yeah, twas a steal. And I'm delighted with it, image tearing aside (which is probably just a setting I need a tech savvy mate to look at)

Is it set to Gaming mode? Try turning that off to see if it makes a difference.

Also, if it's set to 16:9 change that to 'screen fit'.

I'd day its the motion blur is on. I had a Sammy in the sitting room and when that was switched on it was terrible watching fast moving objects.

quad_red wrote: »
    Is it set to Gaming mode? Try turning that off to see if it makes a difference.

Also, if it's set to 16:9 change that to 'screen fit'.
    I'd day its the motion blur is on. I had a Sammy in the sitting room and when that was switched on it was terrible watching fast moving objects.

I will check/edit all these things and see if it helps, it's only the stuff around the edges kind of like I'm looking at the game through a fish eye lens, so it's not the worst, most annoying the was the radar in Crucible being a bit ripped.

I did notice a marked difference in my Crucible play, I'm guessing this is due to "Game" mode having reduced input lag, I also feel like It's not more Frames per second. Stuff is now dying when I shoot it in the head, not a split second later or when I'm aiming centimetres to the side of there head

So if nothing else, it's worth investing in for that, I'll still need to adjust my look settings to be optimum though.
    So yeah, better picture, better graphics, better colours and better play.

Honestly though the last Edge Lit LED one I had was so bad that i had to turn off all the lights in the rom whenever we were doing the abyss cause the scree was so dark I couldn't see anything.

Which brings me to my next question:

What Look Sensitivity do you guys use?

I made my way up to 6 and was happy out with the movement but found the sniper rifles very hard to use at that setting so went back down to 5, now with this TV i feel like I'm moving ever so slightly slower (maybe this is due to my perceived more FPS) so gonna try 6 again for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,361 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think that TV is 200Hz so their should be a way to get rid of the tearing (maybe a gaming setting?), from my limited understanding tearing only happens when the TV can't handle the frame rates but a 200Hz tv should be able to handle anything a PS4 throws at it without any bother.

Destiny Rewind Q1 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭onlyTobes

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think that TV is 200Hz so their should be a way to get rid of the tearing (maybe a gaming setting?), from my limited understanding tearing only happens when the TV can't handle the frame rates but a 200Hz tv should be able to handle anything a PS4 throws at it without any bother.

Recently upgraded my tv to 48" Bravia LED. It runs at 200hz, and has a gaming setting too.

Playing Destiny on it first time, and I was giggling like a schoolgirl :)

• Administrators Posts: 54,046 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I bought a 50" Viera two weeks ago with 1200hz refresh and the difference it makes to games (and TV etc) is unreal. Saying that it has totally thrown me off whack when it comes to FPS, aiming is way more difficult cause everything is so smooth now, it will take a while to adjust to playing on it.

New TV Fight!!!!! :pac:

*throws 46" TV*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Shouldn't be playing an FPS on anything above 26 lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Came back to this thread after a couple of months of absence and you're all talking about TVs.

Miss this game, will have to get back to it soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

@ Cormac...

I have 2 Sammy TV's, I tend to hop between game mode for some games and off for other one's, try experimenting - have a look YouTube, there are some good videos on getting the best picture without game mode on....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,361 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Gandalph wrote: »
    Came back to this thread after a couple of months of absence and you're all talking about TVs.

Miss this game, will have to get back to it soon!

Bungie gave a load away in the nightfalls, you're too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Well 1st you join the Group (doesn't require approval) and then you set as PS Clan (does require approval), whats your PSN ID?

Sorry I only seen this now, its CloserSolid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement