Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is there a chance of getting armour drops on hard if you have already done it on normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Gaming mode will reduce image quality but should also reduce input lag making the game feel more responsive

Gaming mode switches off the post processing the TV would apply to each image. For me it would be on for shooters and off for a game thats a bit alower paced.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is there a chance of getting armour drops on hard if you have already done it on normal?

Yes. I think the below is right:

On Crota:

All raid item drops happen once in normal and once in hard. These are the drops that you get when you reach each checkpoint (i.e. over the bridge, kill the deathsinger etc).

The exotic drop at the last two checkpoints only rolls once. You don't get two chances at this.

All chests will give shards etc only once.

On VoG:

All raid item drops happen once in normal and once in hard. If you run hard mode and you have not yet run normal mode you get double drops I think.

I think the exotic drop after Atheon can happen twice.

Chests can be opened twice.

I think the gorgon chest exotic roll can happen only once per character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Sorry I only seen this now, its CloserSolid.

You're in the group but no the clan, go Bungie.net and click "PS Clan" and click "Set as PS clan" and then we'll approve it, bobs your uncle (I wish this clan system was better)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    You're in the group but no the clan, go Bungie.net and click "PS Clan" and click "Set as PS clan" and then we'll approve it, bobs your uncle (I wish this clan system was better)

i wish there was really a point to it. bar a couple of achievements you get for doing an activity with your clan, I can't see any good for it. the PS4 chat is a better, more usefull function for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

After twice losing the will to live trying to get 500 void damage I've finally got Thorn. I went in with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and Prestige IV and hung around the edge of maps. Did it over 3 days. Got help off a random Danish guy from LFG for Xyor.
    After getting Vex from VoG and a Crota helm with high intellect and picking up orbs for health perk it's been a good week so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

No Xur?

Or is it now 10am cos the clocks changed?

quad_red wrote: »
    No Xur?

10am - so it will be 10am for the Iron Banner glitch when it comes around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

quad_red wrote: »
    No Xur?

Aye, think it's 10 due to the clocks.

Here's a summary of yesterdays Update
    Weekly Notes

PVP:
    Special ammo drops reduced and pickup timer increased.
    Heavy Ammo will despawn.
    Inbound timer increased by 5 seconds and visual cues added.

Inventory:
    Lock items with R3 to prevent deletion

Cosmetics:
    Toggle whether to wear helmet in tower or not.

The update will be up for download soon. (I.E. probably before the next weekly update.)

Why are they continuing to mess with my Heavy Ammo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cause its a load of ****e

Bloody shenanigans on the heavy ammo.

ZsW93WP.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

index.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.stripersonline.com%2F9%2F93%2F550x336px-LL-93d4d87c_South-Park-nice.jpeg&size=400x1000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Yes!!!
    Suros at last!

The gun that just will not drop for me finally drops. After it's been nerfed of course ...

After it's been nerfed of course ...

It's still good in PvP if you know the maps imho, in PvE I find if very hard to justify using it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I be buying that Suros, just because.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yes!!!
    Suros at last!

The gun that just will not drop for me finally drops. After it's been nerfed of course ...

Congrats on Suros. You are one step closer to winning Destiny. Did you Raid last night? Any good drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's still good in PvP if you know the maps imho, in PvE I find if very hard to justify using it

Pretty hard to justify using it in PvP when just about any handcannon will outperform it.

Congrats on Suros. You are one step closer to winning Destiny. Did you Raid last night? Any good drops?

Nope - didn't see many on last night so watched movies instead ... saw you on late enough, but it was like a ghost town online at that stage.

Might see who is around later on though. When are you doing The Great Switch Off?

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty hard to justify using it in PvP when just about any handcannon will outperform it.

Or Red Death if you're a good shot.

Nope - didn't see many on last night so watched movies instead ... saw you on late enough, but it was like a ghost town online at that stage.

Might see who is around later on though. When are you doing The Great Switch Off?

Yeah I jumped on to do some bounties and level up some stuff. Necrochasm ahoy!

Tonight is my last evening of Internet access until I get UPC into the new place. Dun dun duuuunnn! It's about the right time to take a break from this game. Drop me a message on Live if there is a group this evening.

Will do Steve. If there's only the two of us we can still hit the Crucible I guess...

Suros used to be great, now it's not. Probably worth keeping in your vault in case they ever fix Auto Rifles.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The way they went about patching weapons is very silly.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The way they went about patching weapons is very silly.

Absolutely. Knee jerk over-nerf to auto rifles to force people to abandon them. A range nerf I get - but the damage nerf just makes them useless.

Since I had red death drop for all three characters I now have my main 'go to' primary. Or else I'll use Word or Fang. In Crucible I'll use RD or Thorn. So nerfing autos hasnt done much other than move my choice of weapons from one or two weapons to two different (but still overpowered) weapons.

Will do Steve. If there's only the two of us we can still hit the Crucible I guess...

Yeah Crucible would be good. I equipped the Vex and Suros on my Warlock last night. I have not used either of these in PVP yet so would like to give them a run out.

it was previously leaked/predicted that Iron Banner would drop this coming Tuesday - but there has been no word of this from Bungie. I assume it isn't actually happening or would they normally announce last minute?

it was previously leaked/predicted that Iron Banner would drop this coming Tuesday - but there has been no word of this from Bungie. I assume it isn't actually happening or would they normally announce last minute?

If I remember correctly, last time it wasn't really announced, so to speak, in the weekly update. It just appeared on the timeline on Bungie.net.... part of me hops it's not next week as I reckon I could do with a break. I've gotten to the stage now where I was rage quitting Skirmish games last night due to bad matchmaking and general $hitty team mate behaviour.

• Advertisement

Absolutely. Knee jerk over-nerf to auto rifles to force people to abandon them. A range nerf I get - but the damage nerf just makes them useless.

Since I had red death drop for all three characters I now have my main 'go to' primary. Or else I'll use Word or Fang. In Crucible I'll use RD or Thorn. So nerfing autos hasnt done much other than move my choice of weapons from one or two weapons to two different (but still overpowered) weapons.

The way they handle guns is just poor in general. At any one point in time there are probably only one or two great guns.

Those guns will then get nerfed and another gun will get buffed. And then the cycle continues.

Eventually Red Death and Thorn will get nerfed.

I don't understand why they can't just buff them all, and make having an exotic gun worthwhile and introduce a bit of variety in to PvP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement