Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

if only it was an exotic engram for anything but gauntlets..damn you Xur!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

if only it was an exotic engram for anything but gauntlets..damn you Xur!

I bought one like a chump. Hoping, praying that I might get Sunbreakers that I've longed for... but no... poxy Titan gauntlets :(

Thats 3 engrams I've bought in 3 weeks that he's given me something for another class. Only thing keeping me going back to the tentacle faced a-hole is the hope he might sell a Suros/GHorn or Sunbreakers :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I bought one like a chump. Hoping, praying that I might get Sunbreakers that I've longed for... but no... poxy Titan gauntlets :(

Thats 3 engrams I've bought in 3 weeks that he's given me something for another class. Only thing keeping me going back to the tentacle faced a-hole is the hope he might sell a Suros/GHorn or Sunbreakers :/

I've already got a 33 light gauntlets so didn't see the need... The icebreaker again would be nice, this time I've enough sc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has there ever been any mention of being able to buy from vendors through the app that you could equip and be ready to go once you start up the game?

Just taking the occasional glance at this thread, I have to admit I'm relieved at my decision to bow out once I reached the end of the campaign. Just sounds like the most horrid repetitious, timewasting fest to me after that - although that's how I felt about the game up until that point anyway :o Destiny really does seem like the natural culmination of a lot of the things I hate about modern game design.

Its a strange one for me... I like Borderlands, mainly for the art style and humour, but the level of grinding and seeking that better gun seems a lot more fun in that game than Destiny. Destiny seems to have the grinding mechanic developed in such an extreme way it feels like all your efforts amount to very little at times. Almost like your time means nothing...

Perhaps my expectations we're too high or I just don't understand the random number generator enough, but I was highly disappointed with my first VOG run. It was great fun playing with the lads, had a lot of laughs (mainly at the platforming section), but was disappointed at a lack of armour/weapon loot rewards. Especially after coming into this thread and discovering people can get numerous exotics and legendaries from just one raid, and there's me getting a shader, some shards and some energies.

Not only that, I spend time grinding for motes of light and spend them on exotic engrams and not once in the last 3 times have I gotten something for my own class... yesterdays Titan gauntlets for my Warlock was almost controller off the wall type rage :p

Yet despite all that... I still keep coming back to it. Theres something hypnotic about its drive for better armour, higher light levels and the want for exotics... I can't explain it... I have a ton of games in my backlog, and yet everyday without fail, I play Destiny for hours on end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've already got a 33 light gauntlets so didn't see the need... The icebreaker again would be nice, this time I've enough sc :D

36 light gauntlets are what you need to get to level 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Just seen thread title has the restriction on recruiting players for clans been lifted? I remember there was a stop put to it a year or so ago??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Sorry bout just disappearing last night in the CE raid. Internet went down, got booted. Came back a few minutes later but I'd rebooted my PS4 and when I came back the fireteam had split up. I'm hoping ye decided to call it a night cos it was so late rather than as a result of my absence alone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Just seen thread title has the restriction on recruiting players for clans been lifted? I remember there was a stop put to it a year or so ago??

It's a Destiny clan not a general gaming clan, the game is designed around clans (though it's not very well implemented in game!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Anyone up for VoG HM in about an hour. I haven't done any of it this week. Even just the first couple chests if the whole lot is too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Anyone doing VoG norm/hard or CE norm tonight, look me up.
    No raid for a week, need a fix lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Anyone doing VoG norm/hard or CE norm tonight, look me up.
    No raid for a week, need a fix lads.

I will be around tonight also for a raid loike....FIND ME!

I have 2 VOG HM left to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I will be around tonight also for a raid loike....FIND ME!

I have 2 VOG HM left to do.

I'm up for doing a Raid too. Should be online after 10pm.

Just wondering about the amount of Exotic weapon drops others have had. I want to know if I'm about average or unlucky.

I have 171 hours and have had one Exotic weapon drop. The Universal Remote. That is not a great ratio of drops per hour played.

By drop I mean from a chest, Nightfall reward or Strike reward.

Just wondering about the amount of Exotic weapon drops others have had. I want to know if I'm about average or unlucky.

I have 171 hours and have had one Exotic weapon drop. The Universal Remote. That is not a great ratio of drops per hour played.

Do you mean rewards or drops from mobs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

I've got 180+ done, and if by drops you mean strikes/raid rewards, I have 4. Never had an exotic engram drop from an enemy. Read somewhere they're something like .08% chance of an enemy drop.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you mean rewards or drops from mobs ?

Drops from either an enemy or at the end of a strike/Nightfall or Raid chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Got my first Ice Breaker from a legendary engram I picked up while on patrol in the cosmodrome, have received three exotics (Plan C, HotPF and a Titan helm) from the Nightfall and then Red Death from first CE chest before the patch. All others were purchased or bounties.

Couldn't tell you my hours played but I've had zero. The only exotic anything I have is the Ice Breaker I bought off Xur.

I've bought exotic engrams from him too and get stuff for other classes, thats how bad my luck with exotics is :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

About 230 hours since day one and too many to count including armour. In the last two or three weeks of Nightfalls, VoG HM and CE NM, I've had 2 Icebreakers, Hawkmoon, Red Death, Mida, NLB (lol), Claws of Ahamkara, MK Stand Asides, Glasshouse. I suspect that this is pretty lucky.

Having 3 characters helps and this week's nightfalls saw me get 20 strange coins and Badger CCL, so maybe my luck is turning. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Exotic 'luck' probably depends on what content you're doing. If you're doing Raids and Nightfalls each week you won't be lacking exotics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

I dont know, I still dont believe that drops are random etc. I am convinced that there are other parameters to consider or at least, they consider.

For instance, finish the VoG as usual on my xbox1, ran it 3 times, got another 2 Vex.

It must have been my 70th run and so far, I have got over 30 Vex. While other people can't seem to get it, i know people who have played VoG as much as me and never got it.

Funny enough when it took a few runs before it dropped but when it did it just would stop dropping.

I get quite a lot of exotics on Xb1, many less on PS4 but def less.

Another example, I ran CE over 27 times on Xb1, never got a single helmet, in fact, never got a single DLC helmet either.

On PS4 I must have ran it over 16 times, got 4 raid helmets plus 6 DLC vanguard helmets...

I dont know... it is just weird, to me, RNG is just a word they use to stop people from complaining...

AdamD wrote: »
    Exotic 'luck' probably depends on what content you're doing. If you're doing Raids and Nightfalls each week you won't be lacking exotics.

I've done the Nightfall every week since October and have done plenty of Raids. Still only have the one Exotic weapon that wasn't bought from Xur.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I've done the Nightfall every week since October and have done plenty of Raids. Still only have the one Exotic weapon that wasn't bought from Xur.

Did my first Nightfall this week and got exotic gauntlets for my Hunter - all three of us on the nightfall got exotic gear (one weapon and two armour items).

I've had exotics drop from legendary engrams (but always for another class than the one I use to cash in the engram).

I ran the VoG today for my first time - no exotics, but got the Vision of Confluence, legendary helmet, shards etc. Ran CE on HM last night ... got my first exotic weapon drop ... Dragons Breath. Which I'd bought from Xur that morning... damn.

I'm new to raids - until about a month ago I was playing solo. But since I've started doing raids I've been swimming in ascendent materials, CE or VoG armour, raid primaries doing elemental damage. I know that I've progressed far quicker/further on raid gear than I had in months of solo grind.

... and cheers to the lads for bringing me along on CE last night. It was glitchy, and frustrating (not least of all when I forgot that, being a rocket launcher noob, the blast radius was wider than I thought and I got myself killed rocketing an ogre in the head), but a great payoff in gear at the end.

Glitching and all, ye made it look a lot easier than I was expecting folks.

quad_red wrote: »

The Nightfall on Wednesday night was the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game since Halo 2 splitscreen back in the day.

That was class alright. We really had to battle for that win.

And what do you get for it - an exotic weapon drop!! Your first!! And what is it?

No
    Land
    Beyond.

Ah well. There's always the reset... :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    I dont know, I still dont believe that drops are random etc. I am convinced that there are other parameters to consider or at least, they consider.

For instance, finish the VoG as usual on my xbox1, ran it 3 times, got another 2 Vex.

It must have been my 70th run and so far, I have got over 30 Vex. While other people can't seem to get it, i know people who have played VoG as much as me and never got it.

Funny enough when it took a few runs before it dropped but when it did it just would stop dropping.

I get quite a lot of exotics on Xb1, many less on PS4 but def less.

Another example, I ran CE over 27 times on Xb1, never got a single helmet, in fact, never got a single DLC helmet either.

On PS4 I must have ran it over 16 times, got 4 raid helmets plus 6 DLC vanguard helmets...

I dont know... it is just weird, to me, RNG is just a word they use to stop people from complaining...

Everything you said there just points to it being random though, I got the vex on my first hard run and it's never dropped since, some people have never gotten it, it's just random blind luck not something built into the code to favour certain players over others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Everything you said there just points to it being random though, I got the vex on my first hard run and it's never dropped since, some people have never gotten it, it's just random blind luck not something built into the code to favour certain players over others.

Nah... I still think that RNG is something bungie uses to stop people from moaning.

I am not saying specific to a certain person or user but maybe to a certain combination of things

Mostly because there it is impossible to program randomness, to code it.

I mean I dont mind, as I keep getting on average 2 vex per week...

Mickeroo wrote: »

Just finished Atheon again for the third time this week. Four more helmets. Ive ran VOG three times a week since the second or third week and I never got a helmet to drop until Crota was released. Since then I've had on average four helmets drop a week. A couple of times I've had three double helmet drops in the one week.

Still no Vex. I'm destined to have none I'm afraid :(

Also if any of the usual Xbox crew are on tomorrow and fancy doing Crota give me a shout.

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Nah... I still think that RNG is something bungie uses to stop people from moaning.

I am not saying specific to a certain person or user but maybe to a certain combination of things

Mostly because there it is impossible to program randomness, to code it.

I mean I dont mind, as I keep getting on average 2 vex per week...

You can program psuedo-randomness though which is what an RNG actually is. I don't see how RNG stops people from moaning though, it probably makes it worse or at least drives folks to come up with conspiracy theories. :p

If I'm on tomorrow night emmett I'll be up for doing Crota, if there's anyone around tonight I'm on for the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement