Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Got the suros there. Never got too use it before the nerf but just from messing with it it's a beast compared to all other auto rifles I've use so far.

I like it but then I've no red death or proper hand cannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

awec wrote: »
    I don't understand why they can't just buff them all, and make having an exotic gun worthwhile and introduce a bit of variety in to PvP.

The short answer to this would be because you end up having far too low of a Time To Kill, so everything basically becomes a 2 shot kill. Weapon nerfs are an infuriating necessity, I feel like we're due a proper exotic armour overhaul and an exotic weapon overhaul.

After 1,200 Crucible matchs I have to say the PvP Meta game is the best it's been since launch. The next patch will hopefully improve that further.

I find at least now I'm dying to an even spread of weapons, gone are the days of Plan C wrecking, Shotguns with mad range, Suros and Vex being king, at least now there is some 10 or so exotic weapons that are actually viable to use (Red Death, Thorn, TLW, Hawkmoon, Bad Juju, Ice Breaker)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

awec wrote: »
    The way they handle guns is just poor in general. At any one point in time there are probably only one or two great guns.

Those guns will then get nerfed and another gun will get buffed. And then the cycle continues.

Eventually Red Death and Thorn will get nerfed.

I don't understand why they can't just buff them all, and make having an exotic gun worthwhile and introduce a bit of variety in to PvP.

Yeah, I get why they wanted to buff the other guns to make them more viable so there'd be more variety being used, but rather than make it so each type of gun is viable they just make it so everyone is forced to stop using auto rifles and switch to pulse rifles or hand cannons. Now auto rifles are stuck in the no-man's land pulse rifles were.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I've a theory about that Mick.

1. Auto rifles with high impact (shadow price, Vanquisher, Suros) were being overused in PvP (but all round). That's not what you want. Everyone and their dog had bought Suros when Xur sold it (which is, I guess, why it hadn't really been sold much after the first mega sale), so they needed to address it.
    2. Nerf autos. No more mega long range kills. Make players spread out their use of exotic weapons, or just weapons in general. That's now been achieved, but at the cost of over-nerfing the high impact auto rifles.
    3. Sell Suros when it's a less desirable item (such as now) and observe stats on use for a few weeks. If they remain stable (ie people still don't use it in droves) then buff it in some way (perhaps higher damage at closer range with radical long range fall off).

Right now crucible feels like a Felwinter's Lie shotgun fest. Sure I'm getting killed by a spread of weapons, but the biggest culprits are still RD, Thorn and/or shotgun/blink teleport attack.

I know that when I stop using RD, Vex or Thorn as a primary in Skirmish my K:D suffers, even when I'm still using 'good' weapons like Word or Swordbreaker for the void challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Any ever get the "Heaven Can Wait" rare hand cannon. Max damage 294. Seems to do more damage than Fatebringer for precision shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

PvP balance is worse than ever, its just 90% shotguns now.

Suros wasn't OP, Mytho was perfect pre patch, HCs had a little bit too much range but there was a lot of variation in the guns used. They've basically removed auto rifles for pulse rifles, when a buff to the pulse rifles was all that was needed (and decimating special ammo which it looks like they're finally addressing)

Destiny's the only game where I've heard team mates moan about 4 different guns being OP in the same match of crucible, if there's 4 of them, they aren't OP..

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea it annoys me that Suros AND Mytho are both crap now.

Shotguns have become a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sitting at the desk in work, realise I have the Vita in the bag. Few minutes later, His Royal Xurness is staring at me through his Cthulhu mickey face, Suros in one hand, the other extended for those lovely shiny coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

The best looking gun in the game imho, was delighted when it dropped for me.

Two weeks later, they nerfed it. Maxed it out, but haven't used it since. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

onlyTobes wrote: »
    The best looking gun in the game imho, was delighted when it dropped for me.

Two weeks later, they nerfed it. Maxed it out, but haven't used it since. :(

It is a good looking Gun. I think Hard Light might just edge it for me though:

Destiny_Concept_Art_Design_Joseph_Cross_03.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I haven't been playing Destiny at all, but seen Suros and the Titan armour piece are at Xur. Might have to log in just to buy those two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Haven't any issue getting kills with the suros, been using it all along and I do consistently well. Might give the RD and thorn a go,also kept the starting AR15 looking weapon so might use that in PVP at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The thumbnail for the Suros makes it look like a hairdryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I finally own a Suros. Hooray.

Might give pvp a shot tonight.

When's the next dlc dropping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I finally own a Suros. Hooray.

Might give pvp a shot tonight.

When's the next dlc dropping?

Suros is still great but probably more important now to stick those head shots to make it stand out.

Bungie says Q2, which is a pretty big window. From what I've read, speculation reckons 3rd or 4th week of May. I have finally picked up enough gear to get my 3 characters to 32 once I collect all those shards (and goddamn glimmer).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

dudeeile wrote: »
    Suros is still great but probably more important now to stick those head shots to make it stand out.

Bungie says Q2, which is a pretty big window. From what I've read, speculation reckons 3rd or 4th week of May. I have finally picked up enough gear to get my 3 characters to 32 once I collect all those shards (and goddamn glimmer).

Thanks for that.

I have an exam end of May so that would coincide nicely with havin a bit of time to jump back in it.

With the little gaming time I've had recently I finished Bayonetta 2 on Wii U as I could stop and start when I had a few minutes here and there.

I've heard that Suros was needed alright. But of a shame but I still like autos in pvp so ill max it and give it a whirl when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Decided id like to get the suros this weekend. Only got a chance to hop on this morning. Thought id catch xur before he left, off i went to find him and realised i didnt have enough coins. So hopped into a level 30 weekly to get my coins up, eventually got my coins but ended up missing xur by about 5 mins. Nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/13/8402275/destiny-expansion-house-of-wolves-release-date

May 19th for some new content.....

Its just gonna be another Crota isn't it? :O

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The same day The Witcher 3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The same day The Witcher 3 comes out.

Good old Bungie -

"Let's release the DLC and then play Witcher 3 for the day... :D

Trailer at 6PM our time here :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-13-destiny-house-of-wolves-expansion-release-date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

That's still over a month away!! Why was there such a gap between HoW and the Dark Below DLC? I can only guess that most of the Bungie team are working on the sequel, and they only have a small team working on the DLC. Bungie/Activision have screwed up this game. Considering the price of the Season Pass, there should have been (a minimum) 3 DLC drops for this game. IIRC CoD season passes are cheaper and give 3 Map Packs. I didn't buy Advanced Warfare and didn't buy the DLC for Ghosts.

I'm sure all of this has come up in conversation in this thread before, but it's still annoying. I want to keep playing, but there's nothing to do! And I've lost track of how many times I've heard the Boardsie lads say this too.

Why was there such a gap between HoW and the Dark Below DLC?
    I'm sure all of this has come up in conversation in this thread before

Essentially cause they f**ked up TDB so badly, there were several issues with the launch but the Resetting Exotics was unforgivable really. The fact new Raid armour needed 63 Radiant Shards was another massive issue and really there wasn't a whole pile of content (even though everyone knew since launch exactly how much content was in TDB)

There were no cutscenes or furthering of the "main" story. Also the Eris bounties were annoying and lengthy to level her up. Finally the fact the Hard Raid ended up being lvl33.

Many Day 1 players got the game with the Expansion Pass for TDB and HoW so HoW is their last chance to appease their current fan base.

Sure there'll be flame wars but once the dust has settled in June, I think it'll be clear as to he direction the game is going and we'll be able to see how far it's come since day 1, then ask yourself if was worth €90-€100..... in my case it was, just for moments like Killing Atheon and Crota for the 1st time and playing 6 player Iron Banner when we were all on the beer and Wondaboy was talking about Meatball Marinas in Subway.

TL:DR: HoW is their last chance on most players eyes to salvage the series and ensure it's not a non-runner (funnily enough I see Plague of Darkness being the last chance IF it is offered to Vanilla players at a discounted rate - say €20-€30). Essentially, HoW is 10 weeks late (if you take into account the original screenshots showing it's proposed launch of 10th March) so they needed to tweak it based on feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

The thing is, even if the fix a lot of those issues we're still looking at 2 weeks of content.

\o/ Hype \o/

But Also

I2JYmpV.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    \o/ Hype \o/

But Also

I2JYmpV.jpg?1

Probably reveals for the story, strike, raid, PS exclusive content and new exotics from HoW.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Probably reveals for the story, strike, raid, PS exclusive content and new exotics from HoW.
    Yeah, just the planned dates for info reveals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Meh. The total lack of any explanation of what the Awoken are means all of this feels meaningless.

Watching some of the Game of Thrones blu ray Extras recently and it really hit home how little Bungie gave a toss about setting the scene for destiny.

Without any story this is looking like the Archon priest writ large.

I sure hope that trailer doesn't end up being the only bit of storytelling in the expansion like last time :pac:

Really only interested in the raid this time out, kind of just want to be properly done with this game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Nice trailer hype.

I think we can safely say that we'll just be getting a new raid a strike or two and a few missions. No way the two month delay was enough to come up with something totally new.

However, I'd be semi-happy if they released updated VOG and Crota (lvl 34 or whatever) with updated armour and guns. This is within the scope of that timeframe and would keep me playing until that Comet release, which looks like an expansion in the truest sense of the word, rather than the current pay to unlock what's on the disc DLCs.

• Advertisement

We now officially have launch dates for info on the DLC.... f**k

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement