Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No Raid? WTF? Very annoyed about that. The co-op element of the raid is all that really keeps me at Destiny. No matter what this arena activity is, i can't see it being as much of a draw as the Raids are/were - unless they up the difficulty of the current raids and introduce new armour to have us coming back to them. the arena could be fun - a horde mode or something like the mass effect 3 multiplayer - but I just can't see it matching up to the raid.

Colour me disappointed for the moment.

Also, as Cormac says, HoW is what Bunjie need to prove themselves to players with - and imo they are going the entirely wrong way with no Raid. They needed a Raid that improved upon TDB, not get rid of the mode completely.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have the season pass and if there is no raid I'll be really disappointed.

Especially when we find out how much Xbox players get shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

No Raid? WTF? Very annoyed about that. The co-op element of the raid is all that really keeps me at Destiny. No matter what this arena activity is, i can't see it being as much of a draw as the Raids are/were - unless they up the difficulty of the current raids and introduce new armour to have us coming back to them. the arena could be fun - a horde mode or something like the mass effect 3 multiplayer - but I just can't see it matching up to the raid.

Colour me disappointed for the moment.

Also, as Cormac says, HoW is what Bunjie need to prove themselves to players with - and imo they are going the entirely wrong way with no Raid. They needed a Raid that improved upon TDB, not get rid of the mode completely.

Where are you reading that there is no Raid? I haven't heard that an I'd be shocked if it is true.

The trailer is pretty cool though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Haven't seen anything about no raid..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Surely there's a raid?

• Advertisement

the press release mentions the new strike, the new missions and the arena mode - Prison of Elders. There is no mention, at all, of a raid.

Hopefully they will announce it in due course but the other core content was announced (if not explained) already, and no mention.

Fingers crossed it is something they clear up in the Weekly update on Thursday.

The Arena Mode probably is a Raid

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Any word if Iron Banner is back tomorrow?

confirmation of NO FECKING RAID!

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/13/destiny-house-of-wolves-no-raid-trials-of-osiris-prison-of-elders/

But they are planning one for later in the year, well I should hope so! there better be at least two raids from Comet and whatever we get before christmas.

One thing from that link.... is that a 365 Fatebringer upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, no raid. Good chance I'll be out Then. Only thing I massively enjoy in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The Arena Mode will be like Horde id say with some nightfall perks perhaps.Could be interesting in how the rewards are given out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Looking forward to a 365 Fatebringer and other VoG weapons! Very interested to see what the arena activity is exactly. Loved Firefight and Horde but if it's only 3 player it will be a bit disappointing. Hopefully there's a 3 and 6 player mode.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Horde mode gets very old very fast. I really hope that's not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

awec wrote: »
    Horde mode gets very old very fast. I really hope that's not it.

Bungie say it will offer variety and replayability. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

No raid is imho a screw up, even if the Arena turns out to be good. Destiny has always been very light on content, and they really should have given us a raid and the arena.

I know a lot of people wanted a horde mode, but not at the expense of a raid, which is the main reason so many people came back to the game week after week.

If they want people coming back for comet, then the arena will need to be amazing, or comet will need to have a ton of content with some interesting new game play.

Also, releasing the same day as the Witcher 3 seems like a really stupid idea as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'll come back and try out the new content but I'm extremely disappointed by the lack of a new Raid. It is far and away the best activity in the game.

I'm sorry now that I had the DLC pre-purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Am I the only one who likes the sound of horde mode?

I spent countless hours on Gears of War 2 horde mode on 360. Absolutely loved it.

I'll be interested to see how Bungie present it.

Also, if they don't put a new raid mode in though it's a crazy quick way of losing a load of players I would have thought.

Maybe they'll release more info including a new raid between now and release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'll reserve judgement till we know more about what's actually in the expansion. Yes, the lack of a raid will seriously hurt their player numbers. I'm hoping they're holding it back due to some massive amount of work to undo a lot of the errors made with TDB.

I believe what we are seeing now relates back to what happened during development; Lead Story Writer leaving due to the change in direction influenced by Activision. He has said that their initial vision of Destiny was far different to what we are actually seeing, and that it would be next to impossible to get the game back on course. I have a feeling that Bungie will regret their marriage to Activision on this. If HoW and/or Comet don't make the player base fall in love with the game again, I wouldnt bet against Destiny 2 being a bit of a financial setback/disaster.

i wonder are tehy gonna up the current raids. the images show a Fatebringer being upgraded to 365 damage. One way to do this is a new upgrade tree for it, the other way is by offering 365 weapons within VoG itself. So while there is no new raid in HoW, there could be a new reason to play VoG and Crota.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

i wonder are tehy gonna up the current raids. the images show a Fatebringer being upgraded to 365 damage. One way to do this is a new upgrade tree for it, the other way is by offering 365 weapons within VoG itself. So while there is no new raid in HoW, there could be a new reason to play VoG and Crota.

According to Bungie you will be able to upgrade ALL of your exotics and legendaries to 365 and will be revealing how on the 22nd.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12764

• Advertisement

Horde mode could have more replayability tbh, raids get boring after a few runs of normal and hard mode.

AdamD wrote: »
    Horde mode could have more replayability tbh, raids get boring after a few runs of normal and hard mode.

it could do - but the fact it is 3 player rather than 6 reduces teh social aspect of it, and the social aspect of it what drew me in the most.

Yeah but 6 players could be annoying at times. Hoping this has a huge number of levels and becomes a challenge for how high you can go, most of this game has been too easy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Does this mean my dusty shadow price can come out of the vault and be upgraded to 365??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

PetKing wrote: »
    Does this mean my dusty shadow price can come out of the vault and be upgraded to 365??

Yes it can apparently, more details about how to do it next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Not really sure what to make of the HoW reveal. I am disappointed that there is no raid and am not really a fan of Horde/Waves of enemies. However in saying that I find defending the confluxes to be my favourite part of VoG - so I am interested in what Bungie will do with it.
    I am looking forward to the elimination part of crucible, it appears this may be the "Trials of Osiris" that has been floating about.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I don't mind that there's no raid in HoW, heck I still haven't even done CE! I'll be looking forward to trying out the new mode, even though I'm not usually a fan of horde mode. No point in moaning about it before I've even played it.

Also that warlock helmet for trials* of osiris looks kickass
    trials.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

wexdevil wrote: »
    I don't mind that there's no raid in HoW, heck I still haven't even done CE! I'll be looking forward to trying out the new mode, even though I'm not usually a fan of horde mode. No point in moaning about it before I've even played it.

Also that warlock helmet for trials* of osiris looks kickass
    trials.jpg

It is very Anubis looking. The Titan helm is very reminiscent of Horus' guards in Stargate.

I sense a theme building here.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Nightfall/Weekly is the Devils Lair:
    Nightfall
    Epic
    Nightfall
    Lightswitch
    Arc Burn
    Angry

Weekly Heroic Strike
    Heroic
    Lightswitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's all Egyptian and stuff. Except I just realised the Helmet on the Left is kind of lop sided. Looks like some beour at Cheltenham Ladies Day

Cannot be unseen!

trials.jpg[/QUOTE]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement