Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

wes wrote: »
    Will probably be in my Uncles house most of the time, with not a lot to do,

Canada eh? Lagging our game into the ground will give you something to do so! :pac:
    Oh how the mighty have *cough* Fallen (:pac:)

Where will we find out 250Mbps Host now huh?
    Can't be dealing with any of these peasant rural Pale connections at all :D

*goes off to work on a terrible Canadian accent for 4 weeks*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    Canada eh? Lagging our game into the ground will give you something to do so! :pac:
    Oh how the mighty have *cough* Fallen (:pac:)

Where will we find out 250Mbps Host now huh?
    Can't be dealing with any of these peasant rural Pale connections at all :D

*goes off to work on a terrible Canadian accent for 4 weeks*

I think they only have a 60Mbps connection :( (hope it isn't any lower). Will have to slum if for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Played Crucible with Despot over the weekend and we ended up playing on the Burning Shrine Map.

Never even realised that there were Mercury maps in Crucible. Anyway, the 'in orbit' view of our ships in Orbit over Mercury...

In these desperate times that felt excitedly like a bit of 'new' content.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    Played Crucible with Despot over the weekend and we ended up playing on the Burning Shrine Map.

Never even realised that there were Mercury maps in Crucible. Anyway, the 'in orbit' view of our ships in Orbit over Mercury...

In these desperate times that felt excitedly like a bit of 'new' content.

I don't think I've played that map before, and don't recall any fancy Mercury orbit screens. I was aware of Mercury Grimoire Cards.

Damn, I'm having fierce Destiny withdrawal symptoms now after reading all of this today and knowing it's Tuesday reset. I've still no internet at home :confused: ....... I'm missing out on Arc Burn Sexy Prime.

I don't think I've played that map before, and don't recall any fancy Mercury orbit screens. I was aware of Mercury Grimoire Cards.

Damn, I'm having fierce Destiny withdrawal symptoms now after reading all of this today and knowing it's Tuesday reset. I've still no internet at home :confused: ....... I'm missing out on Arc Burn Sexy Prime.

Despot dragged me in for a few skirmish matches. Gotta say, enjoyed them more than any other crucible time I've put in.

• Advertisement

Youtube of it (in German).

Have ye been to the Reef (orbit) yet, that's where the real end game content is? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    Youtube of it (in German).

Ah, danke schön!

Yeah, I remember going to the Reef recently and thinking........ whoa, that looks nice!!! I guess we're all used to looking at the same loading screens over and over again.

Interesting if true (links to DestinyDB in OP):

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/32k2jn/discussion_its_possible_that_prison_of_elders/
    All we know so far is that Prison Of Elders is a new 3-player cooperative mode, per the Bungie News page:

However, there are three versions of Prison of Elders in the Destiny Database (called The Arena):

Level 29, 1-3 Players
    Level 32, 1-6 Players
    Level 34, 1-6 Players

This seems to imply that only the Level 29 version will cap out at three players. Even if there are only two difficulties in the end (there were three Vault of Glass difficulties in the Database, but one was never released), this seems to suggest that the harder Prison of Elders can allow 6 players.

Now, this is pretty speculative, but it at least offers some semblance of hope for raid parties who fear splitting themselves in half.

I hope I'm right, but I'll keep my hopes low. I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's from a ridiculously old datamine though, if it were up to 6 players do you really think Bungie would have said 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Just logged on to destiny and its downloading a 4.2gb update ? Anyone know what this is ? I was on this morning after the reset and didn't need an update ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Patch 1.1.2 - aka House of Wolves content that's locked until May 19th and/or when you've paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Just logged on to destiny and its downloading a 4.2gb update ? Anyone know what this is ? I was on this morning after the reset and didn't need an update ?

It's 6GB on PS4. So much for playing Destiny tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

interesting that there is still the potential for a HoW Raid. If they were to hold that back and release in July it would work out quite well for them, giving a good bridge between the release of the HoW content and the Comet release. PLEASE!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Going to be a lot less one hit kills in PvP now with the reduced Special Ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So some firm notions that Arena will be match making (the 3 player mode supporting match making, as opposed to 6 player). Also the 'raid coming later this year' will be in Comet ... so it's going to be pay to play.

It's clear to me that Bungie are just rolling out content they didn't have time to finish fully for Destiny v1.0 and relabelling it as DLC. The fact that Activision's CEO has been taking about 'new content' and 'pipeline' clearly demonstrates that they're managing content for value - in other words, getting the maximum cash return from the content they've put together.

They've had six months since TDB, and in that time they've basically managed to not put together a raid (or else they've built it and held it back to release with Comet for MOAR MONEYZ), rehashed Crucible and labelled it as Trials of Osiris (ta dah!) and the only original thing they've created will be the Arena mode ... which will basically be mobs/survival mode (how hard can that be to put together).

The more I think about this the more I feel ripped off by Bungie ... but even more so Activision. This has the stench of 'managing product for maximum shareholder value' all over it - the corporate approach to squeeze every last dollar out of the player base with the minimum build/effort going in.

I've paid for HoW, so I'll use the content until it's done - but I won't be shelling out for Comet or Destiny II. This is the most cynical BS I've ever seen from a games company - a game hamstrung by the need to pander to Last gen consoles, devoid of story, only worth playing because of the community ... we're basically keeping ourselves going at this stage!

Meh, I've gotten a silly amount of hours out of this game, if they released a new dlc every month or two I'd probably buy it as long as I was enjoying the game. I'm more annoyed about **** content than price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is comet not part of the season Pass?

• Advertisement

Honestly that video was an absolute load of speculative garbage to be fair.
    He lost me at "I can confirm that the new Raid will be included in the comet release".
    How can he confirm that? He doesn't explain at all. It's merely him speculating at theories and presenting them as facts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

WTF Destiny. That is one big update. I just wanted a game of crucible. Argh

Is there anything that you feel Bungie might do with this new Arena activity that might actually interest you?

Personally speaking, I am immediately put off by the three player limit to it - forming the 6 player raid parties on a TUesday night is what kept this game going for me, what made it really fun. That not being available this time around is a sore point.

In terms of mechanics, I hope it isn't just straight shooting. I hope there are VoG style mechanics to the fights - havign to hold or win certain points - providing a tactical requirement to how you approach the battle. An endless 'Enemies Moving Against Each Other" is not what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

If they can randomize the enemies and puzzles, that would be cool.

Also, I think even the enemies moving against each other could be interesting, for example, the VEX versus the hive, or the cabal versus the fallen, and not just the normal enenmies, but maybe add in boss types.

Lets say a Crota type enemy versus an Atheon type enemy, with us caught in the middle and other crazy stuff like that.

Some sort of randomiser thingy with different scenarios like say:
    Run from A to B
    Defend A
    Capture A
    Stay Alive

But they have modifiers like say:
    Only X team deaths allowed
    Being on a timer
    Critical hits don't use ammo and cause 1.1X damage when chained together
    Double supers but no melee/grenades

And you have to do 3 challenges consecutively and a whole run can only be completed once per week but tried numerous times from the start.

Say part 1 gives some blue stuff and maybe a legendary engram to 1 player with most kills and part 2 gives more stuff and part 3 gives top tier stuff.....

I dunno, kind of like a random dungeon generator mixed with horde mode if that makes sense.

also, I wonder if it will be a relatively stagnant mode - or will they be able to change stuff about it at the weekly reset.

The old datamine suggests there will be modifiers akin to the nightfalls. Personally Im hoping for some sort of wave system so you'll never really *finish* it. I love the gameplay so having some sort of score to beat with your friends would be quite fun. The 3/6 thing doesn't bother me too much as 6 was a hassle at times and with 3 it'll be easy enough to get a very strong team to try beat your high score if it does turn out to be waves or something similar.

AdamD wrote: »
    The old datamine suggests there will be modifiers akin to the nightfalls. Personally Im hoping for some sort of wave system so you'll never really *finish* it. I love the gameplay so having some sort of score to beat with your friends would be quite fun. The 3/6 thing doesn't bother me too much as 6 was a hassle at times and with 3 it'll be easy enough to get a very strong team to try beat your high score if it does turn out to be waves or something similar.
    I don't mind there being the option of running it as 3 (even with matchmaking) but I would like there to be an option for a 6 player run. the PvE End Game stuff is supposed to need a team of 6, according to what Bungie has said previously. An old datamine (as cormac posted previously) indicated there at least was a potential plan for a 6 player option at higher levels.

• Advertisement

Aat this rate we might just print off some Grimore cards and get a couple of those 12 and 20 sided dice and just make up our own game.... with beer... and blackjack.... and hookers.

Conovar uses Chain of Woe
    Cormac used Shank

Wes: "Oh ho man, you're gonna have to roll the D-20 now cause there's no critical spot on a Shank, what a play!"
    Sniper: "He should have used Light of the Abyss"
    Conovar: "I don't have 'Light in the Abyss'"
    Cormac: "No he Said Light of the Abyss, not 'Light in the Abyss', notice those extra inverted commas you just said"
    CDB-Whoop: "Busy day at work today eh Cormac?"
    Abuses: "You guys should All play as Hunters"
    Cormac: "Shutupayourface!"

It could be a thing, you heard it here 1st.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement