Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

For all the experts, what is the best weapon availble from xur this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DeSelby83 wrote: »

There's only 1 weapon available :confused:

TLW is good, not great, but good, it's not as good a HC as say Thorn or Hawkmoon but if you adapt to hip firing it's quiet good and it can also be a fantastic weapon in PvP if you can use it correctly, i quiet often get wrecked by it. But if you don't play PvP, and you have Hawkmoon or Thorn those would apparently be the best to use, unless you are flush with coins and won't miss them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Well, he's only selling The Last Word, which I've found great in PvP.

Upgrade wise: Hard Light (currently leveling and I like), SUROS Regime (Not sure how it is since nerf, have but haven't used yet), Red Death (Kinda essential for Crota HM), Thorn (PvP), Plan C (Dont use, PvP), Patience and Time (Great for Arc Burn), Hawkmoon (I want)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's only 1 weapon available :confused:

TLW is good, not great, but good, it's not as good a HC as say Thorn or Hawkmoon but if you adapt to hip firing it's quiet good and it can also be a fantastic weapon in PvP if you can use it correctly, i quiet often get wrecked by it. But if you don't play PvP, and you have Hawkmoon or Thorn those would apparently be the best to use, unless you are flush with coins and won't miss them

Ah yes i see. I had a quick look on my phone and was looking at the upgrades and the not the weapons.

Oh if we're talking about upgrades.... in order of my recommendations:

Thorn
    Hawkmoon
    Red Death
    Patience and Time
    Suros (Iron Banner next week apparently, according to unreliable hacking sources)

Plan C and Hard Light are probably not worth it with HoW coming soon, there are very few decent use cases where you will ever find yourself needing these. Even on an Arc Burn NF you can use Murmur instead of Plan C and not waste your exotic slot, and if you want to use an Arc secondary P&T is better and 4th Horseman is also a viable contenter now

• Advertisement

Drunk raiding Saturday anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Drunk raiding Saturday anyone?

If after the demolition of United by Chelsea I should be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone else having problems finding swords of crota to whack? (For bounties). Haven't been able to get one for for a good few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyone else having problems finding swords of crota to whack? (For bounties). Haven't been able to get one for for a good few days.

Problem with them turning up on the Moon post patch, just do the Fist of Crota mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I normally get the double fusion rifle kills,melee kills,The 3 blades and the killing enemies with the sword bounties all on the first crota mission in 3 goes.Takes less than ten minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So, looking through my vault and realised I had 4 IceBreakers and 4 Red Deaths. Also have several duplicates of exotic armour and many many weapon duplicates/trebles.
    Next week on Hoarders:Buried Alive..........

I normally get the double fusion rifle kills,melee kills,The 3 blades and the killing enemies with the sword bounties all on the first crota mission in 3 goes.Takes less than ten minutes.

Its annoying that they have stopped them spawning on patrol but kept the bounty. I don't like having to load up a mission three times for one bounty. It just doesn't feel right, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

So finally got a character to 32 last night after grinding Eris to level 4 and converting some of my load of Radiant energies.

Yup. 32 here I am. Yup.

What do I do now?

Oh yeah - grind the hunter up.

Wonder if Iron Banner is on tomorrow. Its due, but there has been no mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

gimli2112 wrote: »
    So, looking through my vault and realised I had 4 IceBreakers and 4 Red Deaths. Also have several duplicates of exotic armour and many many weapon duplicates/trebles.
    Next week on Hoarders:Buried Alive..........

Should see my post master, there's nothing left for me to get so I've just been leaving everything in there, does anyone know what it maxes out at?

Its annoying that they have stopped them spawning on patrol but kept the bounty. I don't like having to load up a mission three times for one bounty. It just doesn't feel right, imo.

But you can get about four bounties completed on the three runs that you do the mission. That's if those bounties come up.Handy as well if there's a fallen major bounty. you can get three of them by doing it and if the bounty for the lad on the Archive is there then that's about 6 bounties in 15-20 minutes which is good going imo.

I couldn't be arsed roaming around on patrol just to find blades, never have. Never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The Fist of Crota is handy and if nothing else at least replaced the "We've woken the Hive!" mission we all had to do previously for bounties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Finally picked this up recently. Plodding through with my level 10 warlock between bloodborne bouts :) Haven't managed to stumble across any of those open events yet. Can you find them if you're on a mission on patrol?

Getting annihilated in the crucible too.

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Finally picked this up recently. Plodding through with my level 10 warlock between bloodborne bouts :) Haven't managed to stumble across any of those open events yet. Can you find them if you're on a mission on patrol?

Google destinypublicevents on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

So finally got a character to 32 last night after grinding Eris to level 4 and converting some of my load of Radiant energies.

Yup. 32 here I am. Yup.

What do I do now?

Oh yeah - grind the hunter up.

Crucible skirmish mode... :)

• Advertisement

Q_Ball wrote: »

Thats to be expected before you hit level 16+ and have some of the more helpful subclass perks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

AdamD wrote: »
    Should see my post master, there's nothing left for me to get so I've just been leaving everything in there, does anyone know what it maxes out at?

Think it's 20 items. I'm in a similar predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Nightfall:

Epic
    Nightfall
    Arc Burn
    Solar Burn
    Void Burn

Heroic:

Heroic
    Void burn

Reminder to pick up Eris and Vanguard bounties...

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Nightfall is rainbow burn Archon Priest and Weekly is Void burn. Handy one this week. I'm still internetless though :(

I'm actually going to bother me hole with the Nightfalls this weeks so it looks like

I'm actually going to bother me hole with the Nightfalls this weeks so it looks like

same here - come on Fourth Horseman!

same here - come on Fourth Horseman!

Your 4th Horseman will become my Thunderlord.... I curse you with that!!! Muwhahahahahaha

Time to use the Vex to churn out the fusion rifle kill part of pocket infinity bounty so...

Managed to solo Sexy Prime and Valus turtlehead on the last two NFs ... time to figure out how to solo the Archon priest now. This is the only kick I get out of these now ... trying to figure out the cheese/solo way of doing these

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Time to use the Vex to churn out the fusion rifle kill part of pocket infinity bounty so...

Managed to solo Sexy Prime and Valus turtlehead on the last two NFs ... time to figure out how to solo the Archon priest now. This is the only kick I get out of these now ... trying to figure out the cheese/solo way of doing these

The little canyon you enter the boss area through is the best spot.

• Advertisement

Nightfall is rainbow burn Archon Priest and Weekly is Void burn. Handy one this week. I'm still internetless though :(

You'll be back at it like a crack head when you get Internets on! We'll have to stage a destiny intervention

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement