Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Time to use the Vex to churn out the fusion rifle kill part of pocket infinity bounty so...

Managed to solo Sexy Prime and Valus turtlehead on the last two NFs ... time to figure out how to solo the Archon priest now. This is the only kick I get out of these now ... trying to figure out the cheese/solo way of doing these

i'm convinced Vex doesn't work for that. I know I did with a normal fusion rifle, and I had the Vex at the time.

An easy way of doing that bounty is loading up NF buy not actually running it - go to some other story mission area (so where you finish the first mission on venus with the conflux). You will get a load of level 30 enemies but when they kill you, you don't get returned to orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Nightfall is rainbow burn Archon Priest and Weekly is Void burn. Handy one this week. I'm still internetless though :(

I play through my portable hotspot isn't that not a option for you? have over 300hrs put in ;)

Noone should be internetless

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Ah the memories of being under the platform on the top left of the Archon Boss Battle.
    The day they patched that a little piece of me died.

There's a lot happens in that final battle with the solar shielded shanks, captains, invisible ninjas, snipers, big purple balls of death and the priest himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

i'm convinced Vex doesn't work for that. I know I did with a normal fusion rifle, and I had the Vex at the time.

An easy way of doing that bounty is loading up NF buy not actually running it - go to some other story mission area (so where you finish the first mission on venus with the conflux). You will get a load of level 30 enemies but when they kill you, you don't get returned to orbit.

I tested it on the nexus NF a few weeks back iirc - killed one or two things in the first darkness zone, backed out to orbit and checked the kill count on the bounty ... it was up by 2. I've been waiting for a rainbow burn to use the vex for this reason. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Probably stating the obvious but you gotta kill lvl30 enemies for it to count, the ole lvl12 trash mobs knocking around the place won't do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

You'll be back at it like a crack head when you get Internets on! We'll have to stage a destiny intervention

I know! I'm terrible. I'm lurking on this forum and the subreddit and I'm gagging for some sweet, sweet Destiny action!! I even went over to Shazam's place on the weekend so I could buy Voidfang Vestments from Xur :D I probably won't even use them!! Just wanted it for completion sake as it was the only Warlock exotic piece I was missing. The new vault space looks good. I'm enjoying the break from the game and I'm sure I'll be raring to go in about a week's time. I'm going to predict Omingowel next week. I know how much you love that Strike Merry :pac:
    DaraDali wrote:
    I play through my portable hotspot isn't that not a option for you? have over 300hrs put in wink.png

Noone should be internetless

I'm not completely internetless. Don't think I could do that! I've been connecting my Xbone to Live through my phone, but I haven't applied the latest Destiny update and I don't want to run a 4gb(?) update through it. Was playing Minecraft last night for a change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Found this on my ps4 yesterday, was a week 1 of DLC Crota kill. Pretty interesting to see the difference between then and now, it was definitely more exciting before people found the best strategies. Still don't know how we survived the oversoul then killed him just as he enraged!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm not completely internetless. Don't think I could do that! I've been connecting my Xbone to Live through my phone, but I haven't applied the latest Destiny update and I don't want to run a 4gb(?) update through it. Was playing Minecraft last night for a change of pace.

Ah ****e! Bad timing with the update.

You don't have anyone you could visit to 'catch up' with and sneakily bring along your XO to update on their internet?

According to this Destiny uses an average of a GB an hour.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12313

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

quad_red wrote: »
    Ah ****e! Bad timing with the update.

You don't have anyone you could visit to 'catch up' with and sneakily bring along your XO to update on their internet?

According to this Destiny uses an average of a GB an hour.
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12313

A gig an hour on average!!! Bungie - "If you have metered internet, this data usage may fluctuate your ISP data costs bankrupt you."

I could take the Xbox to the family home, but I'm enjoying the little break from the game. Still have tons of stuff to do in the new place but it's coming together. I'll be nice and fresh when I eventually get UPC in the house, and then I'll be back to the grind looking for Fatebringer and Blackhammer. Miss the Raids with you guys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Probably stating the obvious but you gotta kill lvl30 enemies for it to count, the ole lvl12 trash mobs knocking around the place won't do

Yup. I was counting the enemies in the darkness zone not the trash mobs.

Someone else might have made that mistake for 20mins or more though (cough cough ... Quad) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The Vex can apparently teleport across the galaxy in an instant. But can't go up a hill so Bungie had to patch that so they just respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Really crap patch, as there is no explanation as to what is happening. Honestly, I do wonder what the hell there up to sometimes.

BTW, its a perfectly valid tactic to snipe form a distance, and its one of the few instances in the game, when we can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

wes wrote: »
    Really crap patch, as there is no explanation as to what is happening. Honestly, I do wonder what the hell there up to sometimes.

BTW, its a perfectly valid tactic to snipe form a distance, and its one of the few instances in the game, when we can do that.

The patch is for the expansion release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Snipe all but one enemy per wave. Run down, shotty the last to start next wave, then run back up to snipe. Should work?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's been patched exactly?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's been patched exactly?

If you snipe down from the Kell ship while Dinkle is opening the door the Vex will just constantly respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

If you snipe down from the Kell ship while Dinkle is opening the door the Vex will just constantly respawn.

Would this be a viable alternative to the Exclusion zone for glimmer farming?

nevelator wrote: »
    Would this be a viable alternative to the Exclusion zone for glimmer farming?

Even better because you don't have to die.

There is so much here in 30 seconds

It looks a LOT to me like the upgrades to VoG armour and Weapons have a yellow hue that makes me think you get some sort of material for Trials of Osiris to upgrade them

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jesus, why have sniper rifles in the game if they don't want people using them?

• Advertisement

There is so much here in 30 seconds

It looks a LOT to me like the upgrades to VoG armour and Weapons have a yellow hue that makes me think you get some sort of material for Trials of Osiris to upgrade them

Full reveal 7pm tomorrow. Looks like there is a Fallen vendor my theory is that he upgrades the VoG stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jesus, why have sniper rifles in the game if they don't want people using them?

Might be too far away from the waves. Never had that problem with sniping from the cliff where you enter the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

The Vault of Glass was never kind to me in terms of armour. I'm not sure if I even have a full suit of VoG armour.

Seems to be an error
    Bungie wrote:
    Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Did Winter's Run last night. The intro to it where a male voice talks about the Prison of the Elder's and the Queen's bounty being high.

Who is that? Sounds like a totally orphaned piece of the old story.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

quad_red wrote: »
    Did Winter's Run last night. The intro to it where a male voice talks about the Prison of the Elder's and the Queen's bounty being high.

Who is that? Sounds like a totally orphaned piece of the old story.

Fairly certain it's Cayde-6 the hunter vanguard voiced by Nathan Fillion

I'll just leave this here since it's funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

AdamD wrote: »
    Where does it say the reveals at 7pm?

On the Bungie Twitch stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Pretty hyped for all of this, looks great.

Looks way meatier than TDB

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty hyped for all of this, looks great.

Looks way meatier than TDB

Plus its got another Cryptarch to dick you around on engrams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement