Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Still waiting on my first :-(

If it make you feel better, I don't have a Vex.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    2 new end games, the Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris, not much detail on either apart from confirming Trials will be on every weekend and PoE will be different in some way each week (modifiers I'm guessing). Looking forward to a pvp end game myself that actually sounds competitive.

Trials is weekends only? Is that definite? Won't be able to paly it if that's the case :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Trials is weekends only? Is that definite? Won't be able to paly it if that's the case :(

Friday morning til Tuesday morning

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AdamD wrote: »
    Friday morning til Tuesday morning

Ah not too bad, I'll still get it sunday and monday nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Was there no details given on what Prison of Elders actually involves? Is it PvP or PvE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was there no details given on what Prison of Elders actually involves? Is it PvP or PvE?

It is PvE, but that has been known since the start. Trials is the PvP end game activity, PoE is the PvE end game activity.

Nothing has been said on what it actually involves. They will reveal that May 6th.

Apparently there will be an announcement May 8th about some secret they have been keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

If anyone else wants to super fecking cool like myself and Mitch Conovar and have people be all like "Woah what a mad cool and hip to the grove signature" just use the below text and add an open square bracket before '' the below text.

url=http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94033288&postcount=1]Want to join the Boards.ie Destiny Clan? Click Here[/url

I even put Destiny in Bold in my one, cause I am mad altogether :pac:

And cheers to Retro for updating the 1st Post so we can now hopefully see players join up a bit easier instead of being just in the "group"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Good idea Dreadhead. Just changed my sig there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Heard that exotics are upgraded with unlock/xp as said above but legendary stuff needs to be reforged and it'll be reset with perk being rerolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Varik wrote: »
    Heard that exotics are upgraded with unlock/xp as said above but legendary stuff needs to be reforged and it'll be reset with perk being rerolled.

Perks and ascendance get reset on reforge(HoW weapons only). Just ascending the weapon won't reset weapon xp

• Advertisement

Perks and ascendance get reset on reforge(HoW weapons only). Just ascending the weapon won't reset weapon xp

Grand I've a ib shotgun whose perks I'd rather not lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12798

New weekly update is up, looks like we can redeem our commendations for faction rep
    commendation.gif

Also Iron Banner is back on the 28th, might try to get one of the helmets :D

I have tonnes of commendations, Ill.save em until the dlc drops methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I have tonnes of commendations, Ill.save em until the dlc drops methinks.

5373631f5150ccafe91c20d40bcf8100.png

3401814-8826390322-3sdl3.jpg

Xur Selling:

Mida Multi Tool
    Hunter Crest of Alpha Lupi
    Titan MK Stan Asides
    Warlock Skull of Dire Ahamkara

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What no gjhallahron......that's scandalous!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

He's back and this week he is selling

Mk 44 Stand Asides (Titan)

Crest of Alpha Lupi (hunter)

Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Warlock)

MIDA Multi Tool

Exotic Shard

Exotic Body Engram

Telemetries - Auto Rifle, Shotty, Machine Gun

Heavy Ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

wexdevil wrote: »
    https://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=12798

New weekly update is up, looks like we can redeem our commendations for faction rep
    commendation.gif

Also Iron Banner is back on the 28th, might try to get one of the helmets :D

Holy **** - does that mean you can level up your crucible rep with commendations earned from New Monarchy?

quad_red wrote: »
    Holy **** - does that mean you can level up your crucible rep with commendations earned from New Monarchy?

Essentially yes, and I'm assuming Visa Versa if you are rocking a NM Cloak/Towel/Bangle

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What's Mida like?

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    What's Mida like?

It's alright, if you want to use a non-elemental primary.

I find it has very few 'best use' cases though, primarily soloing the Abyss and for very skilled hunter players in PvP when coupled with say Radiant Dance Machines.

It's by no means a terrible exotic but it's not top tier either.

Of course I'm sure some people will say how fantastic it is and how it's one of the top 5 in the game, but it's not in my opinion.

The way I look at it is when would I ever say to myself "Ah yes, I must use the Mida here, there's no elemental burn and I don't want to use IB/Gjhallahorn/Thorn/Vex" etc for what ever reason.

It's probably in the top 10 exotics.... but barely... just barely by the skin of it's teeth

Here's some guns it's better than:
    SGA, Dragons Breath, NLB, Hard Light, Monte Carlo, Pocket Infinity, Necrochasm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    It's alright, if you want to use a non-elemental primary.

I find it has very few 'best use' cases though, primarily soloing the Abyss and for very skilled hunter players in PvP when coupled with say Radiant Dance Machines.

It's by no means a terrible exotic but it's not top tier either.

Of course I'm sure some people will say how fantastic it is and how it's one of the top 5 in the game, but it's not in my opinion.

The way I look at it is when would I ever say to myself "Ah yes, I must use the Mida here, there's no elemental burn and I don't want to use IB/Gjhallahorn/Thorn/Vex" etc for what ever reason.

It's probably in the top 10 exotics.... but barely... just barely by the skin of it's teeth

Its great for the increased movement speed and for stun locking enemies, but wouldn't take it over a Vex or Red Death atm.

Hard Crota, 1 sword, get Orbing people, it's all about them orbs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hard Crota, 1 sword, get Orbing people, it's all about them orbs :D

Anyone know how he was hitting Crota so quick.?

Was watching his stream a bit the last night.he was about 6 hours trying to do the normal solo Crota.

He's using lot's of Orbs to get his super, you can do a normal ground slam using R2 and then cancel the animation by using the super immediately after you hit the R2 slam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I totally misread that and thought you were saying NLB was better than Mida.

<puts down axe>

NLB is better than NOTHING. NOTHING I tell you.

I really need a void primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Varik wrote: »
    I really need a void primary.

Your choices are very limited. Atheon's Epilogue (I don't have but I don't rate it) or Word of Crota which is a beast. Either way you'll have to do a raid on hard mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Word of Crota is fairly meh, having just completed the Thorn bounty again, it was such a step down from handcannons like Thorn or Timur's.

• Advertisement

Your choices are very limited. Atheon's Epilogue (I don't have but I don't rate it) or Word of Crota which is a beast. Either way you'll have to do a raid on hard mode.

Doing both, have every multiple times but neither of the Void primaries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement