Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Have about 40 strange coins available to me at the moment as well as 17 motes of light... Would I be best off waiting for the DLC before cashing them in at Xur or spending them on certain exotics when they crop up?

Have plenty of heavy ammo synths as well as certain, desirable weapons, so don't really feel the need to spend them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Have about 40 strange coins available to me at the moment as well as 17 motes of light... Would I be best off waiting for the DLC before cashing them in at Xur or spending them on certain exotics when they crop up?

Have plenty of heavy ammo synths as well as certain, desirable weapons, so don't really feel the need to spend them

Depends on what you are after. Even after HoW drops the weapons on sale will probably still be 331 due to the new ascent mechanic to bring weapons up to 365 or armour up to light level 34..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Depends on what you are after. Even after HoW drops the weapons on sale will probably still be 331 due to the new ascent mechanic to bring weapons up to 365 or armour up to light level 34..

Yeah I was thinking the same tbh... I have most armours available for my warlock except for a few helms and am in the process of levelling a hunter, but have no real need for exotic armour for that character...

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Word of Crota is fairly meh, having just completed the Thorn bounty again, it was such a step down from handcannons like Thorn or Timur's.

Word of Crota is brilliant for PvE. Destroys in both raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think it's pretty meh myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking the same tbh... I have most armours available for my warlock except for a few helms and am in the process of levelling a hunter, but have no real need for exotic armour for that character...

Achlyophage Symbiote/Mask of the Third Man essential Hunter gear imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

And a pair of Don't Touch Me gauntlets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

awec wrote: »
    Word of Crota is brilliant for PvE. Destroys in both raids.

I think it's only average, solid B tier HC. The unique perk is cack, it has less impact than FB or TL and I would choose the Fang or Oversoul ahead of it if I was looking for extra damage against Hive. It's much better than AE for void, that's about it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I think it's only average, solid B tier HC. The unique perk is cack, it has less impact than FB or TL and I would choose the Fang or Oversoul ahead of it if I was looking for extra damage against Hive. It's much better than AE for void, that's about it imo.

That's all fair comment - but unless you're prepared to grind IB for TImur's Lash your options for hand cannons are limited to the vendor guns (faction, vanguard, crucible), exotics or Raid.

FB is still better than WoC - but for PvE the last word is practically useless, thorn is only average and limited by a small magazine and slow reload and it's better than the other options you can buy.

Is fang better - probably. But in terms of easily obtainable hand cannons it's pretty good.

Given that I cannot stand the camping and use of certain weapons above all others in IB I can live without having Timur's Lash. Word is plenty good ... but would I take it over Fatebringer? Nope.

Also - cheers to CableGuy and BeanbagJohnny for the earlier rampage on Skirmish. If IB was that much fun I might have been more inclined to stick with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

That's all fair comment - but unless you're prepared to grind IB for TImur's Lash your options for hand cannons are limited to the vendor guns (faction, vanguard, crucible), exotics or Raid.

FB is still better than WoC - but for PvE the last word is practically useless, thorn is only average and limited by a small magazine and slow reload and it's better than the other options you can buy.

Is fang better - probably. But in terms of easily obtainable hand cannons it's pretty good.

Given that I cannot stand the camping and use of certain weapons above all others in IB I can live without having Timur's Lash. Word is plenty good ... but would I take it over Fatebringer? Nope.

Also - cheers to CableGuy and BeanbagJohnny for the earlier rampage on Skirmish. If IB was that much fun I might have been more inclined to stick with it.

I've been working on leveling TLW in order to give it a shot in PvP and I'd agree it's gash in PvE, whereas I find Thorn fairly decent. The penetration in addition to DOT is quite useful, especially against shielded enemies.

I tend to default to my IB guns, elitist that I am :P The last few Banner events, I've used Thorn primarily, but TL can hold it's own with a decent roll. Its biggest drawback is a slow ROF. I don't have Hawkmoon to compare it too, but I would rank it 3/4 for HCs for Pvp, depending on how TLW turns out. For PvE, I'd use it more in Raids than FB due to it's higher Attack value.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

so a Canadian I know got it on Saturday. I am now officially the only person I know without the rocket launcher.
    woo hoo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    so a Canadian I know got it on Saturday. I am now officially the only person I know without the rocket launcher.
    woo hoo

Jellyhorn isn't all that.

Sorry.
    Clearly a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Very good haul tonight. Jellyhorn, plan c, dragons breath, no land beyond, hunger of crota, vision of confluence, atheon epilogue, light of the abyss, crota chest piece.

From 3 crota's and a VoG.

Roll on iron banner tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Very good haul tonight. Jellyhorn, plan c, dragons breath, no land beyond, hunger of crota, vision of confluence, atheon epilogue, light of the abyss, crota chest piece.

From 3 crota's and a VoG.

Roll on iron banner tomorrow!

You really hit the jackpot last night! I think you had more exotics drop than the rest of us combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Omnigal, all the burns and solar on the weekly.

Omnigal :(
    All the burns :D
    Phew:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

No IB today, was it not expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

No IB today, was it not expected?

6pm GMT apparently

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    You really hit the jackpot last night! I think you had more exotics drop than the rest of us combined.

Got HardLight on my first Nifghtfall run today! Luck is certainly with me so far!

• Advertisement

Got HardLight on my first Nifghtfall run today! Luck is certainly with me so far!

Pity you can't equip at the same times as your 4th Horseman... oh wait.... :P

Cormac... wrote: »
    Pity you can't equip at the same times as your 4th Horseman... oh wait.... :P

you are such a negative nelly.

Has to be watched with sound

I wonder if the IB glitch will still work - I still have max IB rank from last time attributed to my character (ironbanner.info) so my character hasn't been reset with regards to IB yet.

If you're going to have a few alcoholic beverages while playing Iron Banner, don't forget my patented GDH formula

DcYP8we.jpg?1

If you're going to have a few alcoholic beverages while playing Iron Banner, don't forget my patented GDH formula

DcYP8we.jpg?1

As funny as this may be, the pedant nerd in me is screaming that without actual units of measurement this graph is pointless.

As funny as this may be, the pedant nerd in me is screaming that without actual units of measurement this graph is pointless.

You're meant to add your own.... it's a group effort

Lord Sally Hansen is selling:
    Helmet
    Chest Piece
    Hand Cannon
    Sniper Rifle

Also this....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Glitch worked, just got the Hunter helm.

DcYP8we.jpg?1

I keep telling my non drinking friends this. There's a sweet spot (in any FPS) where I'm just about invicible. Unfortunately it's totally random and the window of opportunity shuts quite quickly.:P

• Advertisement

Well ... err ... after all my belly aching about IB I gave it a try last night and was hooked. Made to rank 2 playing with mostly randomers (I'd a few games with another boards friend) without much hassle. Now ... to get the 2400 points to rank 3 ...

At this rate getting the Lash at rank 5 should be doable by the weekend. NF and weekly are being ignored this week ... it's all about the Iron Banner now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement