Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can program psuedo-randomness though which is what an RNG actually is. I don't see how RNG stops people from moaning though, it probably makes it worse or at least drives folks to come up with conspiracy theories. :p

If I'm on tomorrow night emmett I'll be up for doing Crota, if there's anyone around tonight I'm on for the same.

Cheers mick. Had to go off there a little while ago otherwise I would have played tonight. Spent a good bit of time playing Resident Evil earlier. Its the first game I've played since Destiny :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,288 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cheers mick. Had to go off there a little while ago otherwise I would have played tonight. Spent a good bit of time playing Resident Evil earlier. Its the first game I've played since Destiny :)

Little steps :D I keep telling myself I'll play something else when I get the scout rifle.

Little steps :D I keep telling myself I'll play something else when I get the scout rifle.

It was strange. Ran into a room and two zombies tried to grab me. Tried to pop a bubble to blind them with helm of saint 14. Nearly died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    Exotic 'luck' probably depends on what content you're doing. If you're doing Raids and Nightfalls each week you won't be lacking exotics.

Exactly. Just got Thunderlord from the Deathsinger and one of my mates got Suros. It's RNG from the content you're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I guess this is kind of ironic. So earlier today I was complaining about having put in 171 hours and only ever receiving one Exotic weapon. Well just did the CE Raid with a few guys from here and I got the Monte Carlo, an Exotic auto-rifle. I hope it is a good gun because it sure looks cool. Much like a phaser rifle from TNG.

Also got the a pair of gloves and a helmet too. All in all, a good nights work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You can program psuedo-randomness though which is what an RNG actually is. I don't see how RNG stops people from moaning though, it probably makes it worse or at least drives folks to come up with conspiracy theories. :p

If I'm on tomorrow night emmett I'll be up for doing Crota, if there's anyone around tonight I'm on for the same.

I might be online as well

But RNG does precisely the opposite, of course you will still people who are suspicious about this RNG stuff but most others will accept is random and that drops is due to luck.

Personally I am happy-ish with whatever formula they use (RNG or whatver) but I understand that this method is unfair in most cases. I also believe they introduce some modifications to the loot system for CE which will consider previous drops etc, which then bring me to my next question, how can it be random if it considers previous drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Despite having NAT issues which meant I couldn't hear anyone on the team, and playing like a retard, Atheon dropped Monte Carlo, raid ship, helm and chest. Also got Found Verdict (sharded) from Templar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Personally I think pure RNG is silly as ****, especially in Crucible where it should definitely be based on how well you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    Personally I think pure RNG is silly as ****, especially in Crucible where it should definitely be based on how well you do.

It should be the same for strikes IMO

I mean, It was just yesterday that I was playing a few strikes, had to do the 5 strikes without dying thingie, in 2 of them both my teammates were not playing, the other 3 one of them wasnt but I think it was on the last one were the guy got 0 kills and got 1 legendary engram while on the previous one one of them got 4 kills (not sure what he killed as he was never with us) and got an exotic

The Crucible rewards system needs to be fixed completely. I know I wouldn't feel like I was grindging for class specific mats on alts if I could rely on drops from Crucible rather than running the same strikes over and over. I enjoy Crucible and it is different each time, so it would be a far more enjoyable experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Got a purple heavy engram for the daily. Went to Rahool feeling quite optimistic. 2 ascendent shards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Despite having NAT issues which meant I couldn't hear anyone on the team, and playing like a retard, Atheon dropped Monte Carlo, raid ship, helm and chest. Also got Found Verdict (sharded) from Templar.

Good to see that you got it finished. Sorry about last night my internet didn't come back until after 10 which is too late for me to begin a VoG raid:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

RNGesus was kind to me this weekend. Today I've had a couple of legendary engrams drop, as well as a vanguard scout sniper.

Yesterday I can VoG on hard with two characters. First time round I got Visions of Confluence (just from the Atheon checkpoint/end). Then some of the boards regs brought me in on CE HM - Hunger of Crota dropped (which was great as I'd no tracking launcher), as did a load of armour and shards. Ran VoG for the second time and got Fatebringer (man, what fun that is!), a rake of shards and armour (all pointless given that I'd scored the CE level 36 light armour earlier in the night) and ... mythoclast.

To put this into context ... I made a bags of the winning run on Atheon, falling of a ledge on the first attack/gates. I watched the other five run riot on him as a spectator and at the end of it, the dead floaty skull noob gets Mythoclast. I was actually embarrassed (at least Bag got Suros from CE).

There should definitely be some element of risk/skill to reward. I'd have felt like a boss getting mythoclast if I'd busted my ass for it (in fairness some of earlier efforts had been pretty full on and I held up my end on those) ... but to get it drop when I was a floaty orb of death for most of the game made me feel bad for the other five who had to work harder being a man down.

For anyone out there who's playing solo (as I have been until a few weeks ago) or playing Crucible - try your luck on a few raids. I have the mechanics of CE (NM and HM) down now after being sherpa'd through it by the regs here ... I'll happily return the favour for anyone who wants to do the same - I know Quad Red wants to get a 'novice' raid group together (as, while I know the mechanics, I'm certainly no pro).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I've no real issue with RNGesus to be honest given the loot I've gotten in proportion to the time allot of you guys put in.

The only issue I have is shards. Seems like 90% of drops are energy. Ye should be able to trade something for bloody shards. The ruins of the economy they initially planned litter the game. Surely they could've honed the remains they left in?

quad_red wrote: »
    I've no real issue with RNGesus to be honest given the loot I've gotten in proportion to the time allot of you guys put in.

The only issue I have is shards. Seems like 90% of drops are energy. Ye should be able to trade something for bloody shards. The ruins of the economy they initially planned litter the game. Surely they could've honed the remains they left in?

If you played VOG regularly you'd have more than enough shards. Also if you're aiming for level 32 shards are no use to you as Croata armour requires Radiant Shards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

got more legendary engrams today! All I got was ascendant energy and a fusion rifle..finished up Destiny til the weekend now when I'm back from college :P

I got two pieces of Raid armour from Crota last night; Gauntlets and the Helmet.

If I get the Boots and Chestplate will that give me the necessary armour to reach 32? Or do I need a helmet from the hard mode raid?

I got two pieces of Raid armour from Crota last night; Gauntlets and the Helmet.

If I get the Boots and Chestplate will that give me the necessary armour to reach 32? Or do I need a helmet from the hard mode raid?

You'll have enough to get to 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

For anyone out there who's playing solo (as I have been until a few weeks ago) or playing Crucible - try your luck on a few raids. I have the mechanics of CE (NM and HM) down now after being sherpa'd through it by the regs here ... I'll happily return the favour for anyone who wants to do the same - I know Quad Red wants to get a 'novice' raid group together (as, while I know the mechanics, I'm certainly no pro).

Definitely agree on trying the raids. I was mostly playing solo and am now starting to get into the raids etc. I had only played VOG once and never ran Crotas end, so last night I decided to put an end to that and played through both raids on Normal. Ended up getting vision of confluence, 2 x Praedyths revenge, dragon breath & black hammer. Most of all it was great craic...although I still hate that jumping part in the VOG.

nevelator wrote: »
    Definitely agree on trying the raids. I was mostly playing solo and am now starting to get into the raids etc. I had only played VOG once and never ran Crotas end, so last night I decided to put an end to that and played through both raids on Normal. Ended up getting vision of confluence, 2 x Praedyths revenge, dragon breath & black hammer. Most of all it was great craic...although I still hate that jumping part in the VOG.

Good stuff. The Vision of Confluence is such a god weapon. I love having a primary with elemental damage. Wish I had a primary weapon with Arc damage.

On Friday I started a second Warlock and I'm up to level 16 after 7 hours. I'm hoping the last four levels won't take too long.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. The Vision of Confluence is such a god weapon. I love having a primary with elemental damage. Wish I had a primary weapon with Arc damage.

On Friday I started a second Warlock and I'm up to level 16 after 7 hours. I'm hoping the last four levels won't take too long.

Don't be averse to a bit of crucible when levelling a new character. Extra bounties and XP to be had. I levelled my hunter to 20 in around 6 hours doing story and crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

PSN is down again, for how long this time? :(

Time to try Ducktales.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

PSN is down again, for how long this time? :(

Time to try Ducktales.

I played it on wii u a few months back.

Nice, easy pick up n play platformer.

Great bit of nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

So, I've had the Thorn bounty forever. Buddy invited me to the crucible Saturday morning. Put on voidwalker, started drinking. Glad opponents can't hear you over the mic 'cos me roaring "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" over and over would have been grating. Another friend's kid joined us and we went on an absolute tear. Did the Thorn, Invective and Ju Ju bounties in no time. Shout out to the void Plug 1 I picked up a few weeks back.
    The Truth in the crucible is just ridiculous.:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Got the pvp part of Thorn sorted myself last night, also have to give a shout out to my void Plug One :) (even if the charge time is agonising) Best part was that, on a particularly mediocre round of control (3rd out of 5 on the losing team) I had the Monte Carlo drop. Vindication after the pain of coming top of my team in a round a few months ago and seeing the guy who got one kill get Suros...

Did the level 30 daily last night with Merry (around the 5th time I've done Omnigul this week). Thrall rush with a load of enchanted thralls. Whacked one and they all went up in a mini mushroom cloud of thrall bits.

And it crashed the game.

Didn't disconnect. Crashed the actual game. Game froze with music continuing on with crazed intensity. Was able to open the X1 menu but Destiny remained hung in its window.

Had to restart the console. Is there any way to ctrl+alt+delete a hung game without restarting the console?

IMG_5185.jpg
    take a screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

quad_red wrote: »
    Did the level 30 daily last night with Merry (around the 5th time I've done Omnigul this week). Thrall rush with a load of enchanted thralls. Whacked one and they all went up in a mini mushroom cloud of thrall bits.

And it crashed the game.

Didn't disconnect. Crashed the actual game. Game froze with music continuing on with crazed intensity. Was able to open the X1 menu but Destiny remained hung in its window.

Had to restart the console. Is there any way to ctrl+alt+delete a hung game without restarting the console?

IMG_5185.jpg
    take a screenshot
    Just press start over the game on the home screen and quit out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've done a few CE raids and I'm comfortable doing that now. I still have not run the VoG. I would be interested in helping out with a new raid group. I have 2 friends that have recently hit level 30 and want to run raids. I took them into the Abyss last night for the first time. It was chaotic!!

I've done a few CE raids and I'm comfortable doing that now. I still have not run the VoG. I would be interested in helping out with a new raid group. I have 2 friends that have recently hit level 30 and want to run raids. I took them into the Abyss last night for the first time. It was chaotic!!

Well - would ye be on for a run at it later? Eight or half eight?

Myself (30 titan), MerryDespot (31 hunter), yourself + 2 others. That would be five (some impressive maths there, I know).

Any elder Destiny god fancy assisting said group through VoG normal later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm in - I'll use the hunter as I've run it with the warlock this week. But I'm around from half eight on.

I'm comfortable enough eith Atheon and the confluxes ... but I've never done the heavy lifting on the Templar and I'm sketchy on the route through the Gorgon maze.

Templar is the hardest bit of it if you ask me. NM to get the mechanics down I reckon...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement