Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I keep telling my non drinking friends this. There's a sweet spot (in any FPS) where I'm just about invicible. Unfortunately it's totally random and the window of opportunity shuts quite quickly.:P

It's a much smoother graph with beer as opposed to spirits :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Saw this on reddit - the guy was the only fella left on his team...

Atheon doesn't move if you don't use Rockets or Grenades..... well f**k me that explains a lot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    Atheon doesn't move if you don't use Rockets or Grenades..... well f**k me that explains a lot :pac:

Please tell me yoor just joking :(

The amount of fun we used to have when someone was criting Atheon with a black hammer for some messer to peg a grenade and ruin the mag refil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah I got a telling off for chucking a grenade at him in one of my very first VoG runs. Snipers and LMGs only for maximum DPS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gallys if everyone's gonna use one, if you throw a nade though you're Hitler reincarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

AdamD wrote: »
    Glitch worked, just got the Hunter helm.

What Glitch?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What Glitch?

There's a glitch that lets you keep your rank from the previous IB so you don't have to rank up all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What Glitch?

You can log in just before iron banner start and keep your rank from the last time and buy stuff.

You can log in just before iron banner start and keep your rank from the last time and buy stuff.

Well fuping grassholes!

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a glitch that lets you keep your rank from the previous IB so you don't have to rank up all over again.

You still alive Mickey?

not seen you on Destiny in ages you back for may yeah?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You still alive Mickey?

not seen you on Destiny in ages you back for may yeah?

I'll probably be back on it when HoW drops alright yeah, it took me a while to shake the addiction though, I'm scared to go back :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'll probably be back on it when HoW drops alright yeah, it took me a while to shake the addiction though, I'm scared to go back :pac:

I know I had a serious hiatus from it, come back and do some PvP with a couple of us, we will all avoid the NF & RAID :).

Itch made an appearance back for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Going to try for the helmets and weapons, got 2 to level up but will have a full set on my Hunter now.

3 vs 3 elimination.... 7 wins gets you top level weapon/armour.

My sucking skills are OUT!

3v3 no respawn without an objective just sounds like a sweatfest, bit disappointed at the lack of an objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I like the sound of Trials of Osiris. Should be able to get a team from here going no problem. I'll be coming back to the game once HoW comes along and hopefully others will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Link to the stream for those that missed it....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Id say ive probably put a total of 2 hours into PvP and that was just for the exotic bounties, so dont know how much of ToO ill play. Hopefully PoE will be something worth replaying over and over, and that the drops are just as good as the ToO drops. Heard that the ToO Autorifle is meant to be the best legendary auto in the game, so doubt ill ever get my hands on that as you need 7 wins i think to get it.

• Advertisement

Interesting stuff:
    Crucible marks and rep are doubling across the board

Trials passages cost 100 glimmer

There are 12 new legendary items that can drop in the Crucible

Etheric light is a guaranteed drop at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner

If you ascend an exotic, you will not lose progress but will have to continue leveling an unfinished item

Crucible rewards have doubled in their frequency and the better you play, the more likely the reward

Dark Below crucible maps will soon be free to all

Trials matchmaking (to clarify, this is between your fireteam and your opponent. You must make your own fireteam) will choose connection over skill

There will be an Elimination Mode you can play all the time (Trials minus the bells and whistles)

Completing the daily crucible objective will give you a reward package that will contain Passage Coins for items that will help in Trials of Osiris, glimmer, motes of light, and more.

If the Dark Below maps are free then it's now making it even worse value for money.

Also double marks means I'll be hitting my weekly cap pretty darn quickly

At least all of the playlists will be integrated now though. Looking forward to trials purely for the competitive aspect, kinda wish they didn't have those coins (first loss doesn't count etc.) though, would have been nice for the top tier PvP stuff to be coveted but it could be easy enough to get with those aids.

4 New Crucible Matches also

Interesting stuff:

If the Dark Below maps are free then it's now making it even worse value for money.

No one plays the dlc maps as Is

Varik wrote: »
    No one plays the dlc maps as Is

Probably the most true thing said on here in quiet some time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Interesting stuff:

I'd be happy enough that they are making the dark below maps free for all - if only to increase the map rotation in Iron Banner.

That said there are lots of other maps that are already available to all that I have't played in ages. Why not revisit some of these and tweak them if needed instead of giving away paid for DLC maps from what was a pretty poor value for money overall DLC package.

I've gotten a great return on my investment in terms of hours played so I'm not complaining, just sayin.

What does this bit mean:

Etheric light is a guaranteed drop at level 3 and level 5 of Iron Banner

You get one etheric light once hitting those levels either as an end game drop or post master item? Assume it means that.

Honestly I'd rather the crucible maps were all free and not part of the dl.

Keep strikes, raids, gear, and these new pvp modes as paid dlc, but the normal crucible maps can be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

This Iron Banner lark is a little more-ish ... isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

This Iron Banner lark is a little more-ish ... isnt it?

Yeah it gets like that, Any idea what weapons are dropping after matches

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement