Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

thebag89 wrote: »
    Yeah it gets like that, Any idea what weapons are dropping after matches

I have only seen the IB auto rifle drop - everything else is blue Bag. You on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I have only seen the IB auto rifle drop - everything else is blue Bag. You on tonight?

Just jumping on now myself for some IB if you fancy.

IB chest and sniper rifle - done.

Even playing mostly with randomers and having a shocking run tonight, level 3 was easily reached in two nights of play. Helmet and The Lash left ...

Totally hooked now. I can predict the Trials of Osiris being just as addictive!

Kicking myself now that I didn't try IB before now ... Felwinters Lie would be decent, and it'd be nice to have a full set of armour. The IB armour for the warlock looks pretty damn awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm so sure today's Ghjallahorn day I've booked a 1/2 day in anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,918 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had a good laugh recognising my own play in this:

• Advertisement

Was going to buy the Bungie Nepal t-shirt. $25, all going to the Nepal aid, and a custom shader/emblemn too. Good cause, nice t-shirt, not a terrible price.

$40 for shipping.

F--K THAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Totally hooked now. I can predict the Trials of Osiris being just as addictive!

Kicking myself now that I didn't try IB before now ... Felwinters Lie would be decent, and it'd be nice to have a full set of armour. The IB armour for the warlock looks pretty damn awesome

I've never even entered an IB match. Never really interested me.

The more I think about Trials of Osiris, the more it reminds me of Gears of War multiplayer. All of the game types in that were round based. If you get killed, you "go down, but not out" and can be revived by teammates. GoW 1 was the game that got me into online competitive multiplayer games, and it was one of the most exciting and fun games I've ever played. Being the last person on your team against 2 or 3 enemy players always got my blood pumping!! And knowing your downed teammates are watching your every move added to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Had a good laugh recognising my own play in this:

That Voidwalker and Striker are me. I am not a clam man :O

Interesting aswell that you found the LOUDEST youtube video to ever exist ever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Ruin wings
    Don't touch me
    Heart of the praxic fire
    Hard light
    Exotic shard
    Gauntlet engram

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Xur is in the Vanguard room

Ruin Wings
    Don't Touch Me
    Heart of Praxic Fire
    Hard Light
    Gauntlet Engram

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    That Voidwalker and Striker are me. I am not a clam man :O

Interesting aswell that you found the LOUDEST youtube video to ever exist ever
    I love the moment at 1:50 - going for a titan smash, creating a titan bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Was going to buy the Bungie Nepal t-shirt. $25, all going to the Nepal aid, and a custom shader/emblemn too. Good cause, nice t-shirt, not a terrible price.

$40 for shipping.

F--K THAT.
    Yeah I'm kind of the same,though postage used to be worse back when they were using amazon for the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

$40 for shipping.

F--K THAT.

Yeah, I'm all for good causes/charity, but that's taking the piss to post a t-shirt.
    Works out at €58 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Those shipping charges for a T-Shirt are completely daft.

Are there any parcel motel type servcies from the US as an alternative? I'd be all on for picking one up if there was.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Those shipping charges for a T-Shirt are completely daft.

Are there any parcel motel type servcies from the US as an alternative? I'd be all on for picking one up if there was.

whats that traitor? I can't hear you over the sound of your traitor actions. Mr. Turncoat.

whats that traitor? I can't hear you over the sound of your traitor actions. Mr. Turncoat.

Oh? Did he do a Rossi on it? :) #DestinyGossip #TotesMotesOfLight

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Oh? Did he do a Rossi on it? :) #DestinyGossip #TotesMotesOfLight

He was part of a team that defeated a clan team last night in Iron Banner.

I must admit a salty tear was shed as the nova bomb left my airborne Warlock's outstretched laimh - snatching a surprising and somewhat bittersweet victory from the jaws of an inevitable defeat... All claimed at the expense of my fellow clanmates....

May the shame of this hollow victory follow me into the prison of Elders....

He was part of a team that defeated a clan team last night in Iron Banner.

Ah this forsaken Iron Banner....

Where brother turns against brother....

Only Lord Salad bar knows the true meaning...

I must admit a salty tear was shed as the nova bomb left my airborne Warlock's outstretched lámh - snatching a surprising and somewhat bittersweet victory from the jaws of an inevitable defeat... All claimed at the expense of my fellow clanmates....

May the shame of this hollow victory follow me into the prison of Elders....

• Advertisement

I'd love to play against a 6 man team from the clan..... it would go one of 2 very drastically different ways.... :pac:

CDB looking to get your post count up?

I'd love to play against a 6 man team from the clan..... it would go one of 2 very drastically different ways.... :pac:

CDB looking to get your post count up?

Ninja edits don't work so well when you're a noob!

Iron banner drops this time out seem to be Silimar's Wrath auto rifle and the Tiger-Tiger legendary ship. I've ground up to half way to 4 now and those are the only drops I've seen (both have dropped for me as well).

No Felwinter? Denied!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Drops are always the 2 weapons from the prior Iron Banner, Jolders is also dropping.

Iron banner drops this time out seem to be Silimar's Wrath auto rifle and the Tiger-Tiger legendary ship. I've ground up to half way to 4 now and those are the only drops I've seen (both have dropped for me as well).

No Felwinter? Denied!!!

You can only get drops from Rank 3 onwards anyhow

AdamD wrote: »
    Drops are always the 2 weapons from the prior Iron Banner, Jolders is also dropping.

Cheers - I didn't know that. Jolders hammer would be a better drop than the auto rifle

Well ... that wasn't so bad. After all my complaining it only took three evenings of Iron Banner to grind to level 5 (and with some absolute howlers of games at that). And that was mostly solo ... so I guess a six man team would have a far easier time of it (it would cut out the random muppet factor).

Chest, helmet, Silimar's Wrath, Ephrideet's Speer, Timur's Lash and Jolder's Hammer. The Hammer dropped for me when I decided to play 'one more game' when I'd max'd out at level 5. The auto rifle dropped twice ... which is a shame as I can't see it being any use.

Reforged the Lash and got my ideal roll on fourth go (Outlaw, Field Scout, Luck in the chamber), whereas my first re-roll of Jolder's Hammer got me what I wanted (counterbalance, field scout and surplus).

Thinking about buying a second Lash to try to roll again for another good PvE version. I have to admit ... I was using the Lash in Exclusion Zone (replenishing all that glimmer I spent) and I think it might just be as much fun to use as Fatebringer. No elemental damage, so won't be as useful in NFs ... but that's a small thing really. Even barely levelled up (I'd just unlocked Outlaw as the first perk) the Lash was savaging enemies.

If Trials turns out to be even half as addictive as IB I'm pretty sure I'll end up no-life-ing that as well.

Some observations about IB...

1. Randomers are sometimes randomly awesome, and randomly muppets
    I can't count the number of times I've ended up with a shocking K/D ratio basically because the entire team decided to go off and chase people and ignored the control points, leaving yours truly running around sitting on control points for the entire game, screaming at the TV "don't just F***ng run through it ... stay and capture it!!".

2. You can use any primary you want, provided it's Thorn, The Last Word or Red Death.
    Sure ... I was killed a few times by Mida, and even once or twice by Suros (the shame). But it seemed to be almost always a hand cannon (and usually Thorn) or Red Death. Last Word on Asylum or The Anomaly was a good substitute for Thorn too.

3. The smaller maps are way more fun and faster...
    ... meaning you'll level up faster. I grew to love it when Anomaly, Burning Shrine or Asylum came up in the rotation.

4. Blink/Slide shotgun seems to have died off
    I'm not sure if it's the ammo changes or the primary weapon choices that people are making in the IB, but there was far less annoying shotgun sliding or blink shotgunning going on. I think I only encountered a fusion rifle once in all those games, and it was probably a 50/50 split between snipers and shotguns.

5. Iron Banner is frustrating and rewarding in equal measure.
    So I now realise that my 'issue' with Crucible has been the reward pay back up to now. IB gives you a relatively straightforward path - play these games well and you WILL get these weapons, and you'll more than likely get the weapons from the last IB. It's frustrating to sometimes go on a losing streak and end up feeling that you're being held back ... but then you'll pop a few bounties and level up, and RNGesus will drop you an IB weapon. That feels like a far better trade off for your time. Given that the Lash and Speer will drop for players in the next IB both of those would be weapons that I'd feel pretty happy with if I was playing for the first time.

Thanks to folk on here for their pointers - I was almost entirely unaware of the mechanics of IB until this week, so it was good to know what I needed to do to progress quickly. Using the buffs, wearing the shader and using the emblem all gave enough of a progress buff each match to make it just a little bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Using the buffs, wearing the shader and using the emblem all gave enough of a progress buff each match to make it just a little bit easier.

Where can i get all the above. Probably a bit late for this IB but handy to know for the next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where can i get all the above. Probably a bit late for this IB but handy to know for the next one

By playing and ranking up. There are two emblems, 2 shaders and 1 class item.

1st embalm is at rank1, 1st shader rank2, class item is 3 or 4, second embalm is 3 or 4 and final shader is 5. No need to bother with second embalm or shader, unless you want the complete set

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement