Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where can i get all the above. Probably a bit late for this IB but handy to know for the next one

Its not really, you'd probably reach 5 in less than half the time it took Merry as the daily buffs you can buy are way stronger later in the week, its basically double xp today and tomorrow and even more on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

AdamD wrote: »
    Its not really, you'd probably reach 5 in less than half the time it took Merry as the daily buffs you can buy are way stronger later in the week, its basically double xp today and tomorrow and even more on Monday.

You can buy daily buffs? Granted this is the first time iv been a high enough level to compete in the IB so im not 100% on how it all works.

You can buy daily buffs? Granted this is the first time iv been a high enough level to compete in the IB so im not 100% on how it all works.
    If you go to the Iron Banner dude in the tower you can buy the buff for 1 mote of light. http://www.ironbanner.info/ this is a good website. For example if you buy today's buff you get 60% more xp for each win and bounty you hand in. Tomorrow's will be 100% more and Monday's 150% more. You can buy it each day.

Has anyone used the Super Good Advice machine gun. I just got an exotic bounty and that is the reward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Been a poor IB so far for drops, only got a ship, Silimars and a set of boots for a titan. Used Timur's exclusively for primary and did well with it, for it's definitely top 3/4 HCs in the game. Agree with Merry, Thorn & Felwinter is the name of the game nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Has anyone used the Super Good Advice machine gun. I just got an exotic bounty and that is the reward.

SGA perk is handy for oracles at Atheon, you'll never have to reload. It's a handy bounty you can complete it fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Been a poor IB so far for drops, only got a ship, Silimars and a set of boots for a titan. Used Timur's exclusively for primary and did well with it, for it's definitely top 3/4 HCs in the game. Agree with Merry, Thorn & Felwinter is the name of the game nowadays.

I've had the auto rifle drop twice (what a waste of two drops), Jolder's Hammer and the ship.

I'm going to hold out hope for Felwinter coming up in the next IB - but in the absence of it Found Verdict does very nicely. Even Two to the Morgue with shot package and hammer forged will do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Felwinter's seems to be a sniper when ever it's used against me, gash half the time when I use it :P I'm hoping that they have the Fusion and the Pulse rifle next go around, for completion's sake.

Tried re-rolling a Timur's to get LiTC and Final Round, to no avail. Not sure if that is possible but I had plenty of motes to burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turned on destiny for the first time in months and gave iron banner a go. After 4 games I started going positive so I'm happy with that. The biggest thing though was only the one disconnect on 10 games. Fibre is really paying off :)

Edit; 2 disconnects now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Just got destiny today. Any tips?

Tried warlock but got to first moon mission and just felt too glass canon so swapped to titan and restarted

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Just got destiny today. Any tips?

Tried warlock but got to first moon mission and just felt too glass canon so swapped to titan and restarted

Stick with one character for now. My first character was a Warlock and it's still my favourite. But each character class (and subclass) are subtly different.

Play through the story and get used to the locations and enemies. Once you get your character to level 20, you can start doing some end game activities. The Vanguard Strike playlist is a good place to start getting loot drops. When you get to level 26 you can start thinking of Raiding. Plenty of friendly folks on this forum to party up with or you can use an LFG site for instant grouping.

What console are you playing on?

If you're actually wanting to do Destiny properly you're better off making 2/3 characters as soon as possible tbh, even if they're the same class.

If you're actually wanting to do Destiny properly you're better off making 2/3 characters as soon as possible tbh, even if they're the same class.

How come?

I'm on ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I wouldn't worry about making another character until you have put a few dozen hours into the game first. If you get armour drops for another class, hold on to them in your vault. I did this, and created my second character when I had a full set of blue armour for a Hunter. I'd still recommend sticking with one character for a while and collecting as many upgrade materials, armour and weapons as possible.

If you really get into Destiny, you'll want 2/3 characters so you can run the weekly activities with each of them as you can only get drops from the Weekly Strike, Nightfall and Raids once a week. If you want the really good weapons and armour, these are the game modes you should be pushing towards. But they are a long way off if you are only beginning the game. Get playing, get grinding and have fun :pac:

How come?

I'm on ps4

The weekly lock outs limit your loot. So you only get Raid/Nightfall/Weekly Heroic rewards once per week. So when you get your character (s) to level 29/30 you can do those activities, you get 9 strange coins for doing a weekly. Xur normally sells exotics for 15-23 coins, if you have multiple characters you won't miss out on these. You'll also have more chances to get exotics/raid weapons/armour during the raid activities. When I started I didn't make extra characters but eventually realised its the way to go.

I don't mean right away but its something to bear in mind, perhaps level up your first character through the story then level your second through crucible for a good mix.

The weekly lock outs limit your loot. So you only get Raid/Nightfall/Weekly Heroic rewards once per week. So when you get your character (s) to level 29/30 you can do those activities, you get 9 strange coins for doing a weekly. Xur normally sells exotics for 15-23 coins, if you have multiple characters you won't miss out on these. You'll also have more chances to get exotics/raid weapons/armour during the raid activities. When I started I didn't make extra characters but eventually realised its the way to go.

I don't mean right away but its something to bear in mind, perhaps level up your first character through the story then level your second through crucible for a good mix.

Ah.. Kinda like wow and hitting your weekly LFR/flex/heroics for maximum loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not sure which is worse, people fighting over B and failing to capture it while ignoring C/A or the reverse ignoring B and running back and forth between A and C.

Got a exotix bounty yesterday to get the super good advice HMG, was playing some iron banner earlier and got the thunderlord as a drop. First 2 exotics iv gotten at all. Should i keep both or is 1 better than the other. Is the lesser one still worth keeping or worth dismantling?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got a exotix bounty yesterday to get the super good advice HMG, was playing some iron banner earlier and got the thunderlord as a drop. First 2 exotics iv gotten at all. Should i keep both or is 1 better than the other. Is the lesser one still worth keeping or worth dismantling?

I'd say keep the Thunderlord. But I am biased slightly... :)

I love mine, got it randomly from a drop a while ago also.... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

It's usually easier to get super good advice. There's a vanguard bounty for it and its easy to complete. But I also find thunderlord better especially against aethon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If you're going to dismantle Thunderlord make a video of it. Just wondering if I'll hear Generic's screams here in Carlow.

If you're going to dismantle Thunderlord make a video of it. Just wondering if I'll hear Generic's screams here in Carlow.

Haha I'll take that as a bad move then to dismantle the Thunderlord. Point taken

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Looks like the postage on the bungie store has been somewhat adjusted so I will probably get the nepal aid tshirt. $20 for postage just for a tshirt is still abit steep but its alot better than $40

Scratch that it's $15.55 for postage on one tshirt(I had two tshirts added, oops)

When does iron banner finish ? I got half way up level 2 between a few games last night and a few games today playing with randoms. I did better than I expected and I'd say just about had a 1 kd so I was happy enough considering I hadn't really played crucible before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    When does iron banner finish ? I got half way up level 2 between a few games last night and a few games today playing with randoms. I did better than I expected and I'd say just about had a 1 kd so I was happy enough considering I hadn't really played crucible before.

It ends at reset on Tuesday morning.

It ends at reset on Tuesday morning.

Might play a bit more tomorrow and get to level 3. Is that when you get the class item ? Also does wearing the shader, emblem and class item at once give ypi bonus rep when you win a match ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Might play a bit more tomorrow and get to level 3. Is that when you get the class item ? Also does wearing the shader, emblem and class item at once give ypi bonus rep when you win a match ?

Are you using the buff?

Varik wrote: »
    Are you using the buff?

Yup bought that today. Just wasn't sure if the shader etc give you more rep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Class item is purchasable at rank 4. The shader, class item and emblem give a stackable 10% xp buff each.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement