Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,918 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had a crap day at IB but took part in this nice "at the death" victory earlier. At the point they broke 19k we were saying how it was lost. Thankfully dude (I think) went and got A...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ChimpAhoy getting himself killed by Teabagging an enemy who'd just used Fist of Havoc + Aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Fair play to whoever got us back into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Gunsmith is selling rare Fusion rifles.Stock Refresh 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a bit of IB this weekend and got to just a shade under level 4 - got the sniper, which I wanted.

Hadn't played MP in a while
    - the Thorn, good god
    - Red Death
    - Wasn't the shotgunfest I'd been expecting

Got garbage from the NFs. Well garbage and No Land Beyond (for maybe the 6th or 7th time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Got to level 4 on Hunter and Titan, and 5 on Warlock in IB. Managed to snag the gear I wanted ... but man, I think I broke Exclusion Zone with all the glimmer farming! Spent the guts of two hours there over the weekend ... the last being after midnight last night to farm out the last bit of glimmer to get a Hunter helm (after being brought into a team of 5 to run IB late last night - cheers again lads).

I don't want to see Crucible for a few weeks now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Just for the 2 helmets in the end not bothered for weapons.

Solo glimmer farming is a right pain, next time will have to get a group going.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Archon Priest - Rainbow burn again. Possibly because of the Prison of Elders reference in the strike and the PoE reveal is tomorrow.

Weekly is Void burn.

I should (fingers crossed) have my shiny new UPC connection installed tomorrow and I'll be back online finally :)

It'll be good to have you back Steve.

You've missed all the IB fun/stress/frustration (delete as applicable). You'd have grown to love that the way hostage victims grow to empathize with their captors...

I already miss Iron Banner.

Had a good laugh with it this time round even if I did suck in the majority of games I played (reckon I did a lot better in the previous round of IB).

Personal Highlights were:

1. The comeback in the video above.
    2. Melee killing a void walking warlock in midair JUST before he unleashed his super on 3 team-mates on B.
    3. My game with the 5.something K/D ratio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Yeah I loved Iron Banner, and I'm normally so slow to enter regular crucible, there's just something about IB that I have to get involved. And getting the gear and my Nexus void tailored efideets spear was good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

I've never even entered an IB match. Never really interested me.

The more I think about Trials of Osiris, the more it reminds me of Gears of War multiplayer. All of the game types in that were round based. If you get killed, you "go down, but not out" and can be revived by teammates. GoW 1 was the game that got me into online competitive multiplayer games, and it was one of the most exciting and fun games I've ever played. Being the last person on your team against 2 or 3 enemy players always got my blood pumping!! And knowing your downed teammates are watching your every move added to it.

Myself and Kev are mad for a team of 3 Steve. you'll have to apply haha :p;)

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd love to play against a 6 man team from the clan..... it would go one of 2 very drastically different ways.... :pac:

CDB looking to get your post count up?

I'd love a 6v6 - Playstation v Xbox......

Let the chants begin!:cool:

I wonder how Trials will keep us coming back?

I mean ... I was able to grind up IB three times in a week. ToO will need to be sufficiently difficult to spread out the drops, without being overly frustrating for people who aren't hard core crucible players (which I'm not).

If you were able to grind out all the gear in 4/6 weeks what would keep us coming back...

Still excited for it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd love a 6v6 - Playstation v Xbox......

Let the chants begin!:cool:

I think we converted a few decent players to IB a few seasons before you guys so there's the experience on our side..... thing is we communicate terribly and play even worse :pac:

I'd nominate myself as tribute!

I just checked and I'm:
    1.04 KDR
    18,152 kills
    17,460 deaths
    1,382 games

I wonder how Trials will keep us coming back?

I mean ... I was able to grind up IB three times in a week. ToO will need to be sufficiently difficult to spread out the drops, without being overly frustrating for people who aren't hard core crucible players (which I'm not).

If you were able to grind out all the gear in 4/6 weeks what would keep us coming back...

Still excited for it though!

I reckon that the higher you get on the wins that harder teams you will face. and each game is best of three rounds.

I really hyped for it.

I think we converted a few decent players to IB a few seasons before you guys so there's the experience on our side..... thing is we communicate terribly and play even worse :pac:

I'd nominate myself as tribute!

I just checked and I'm:
    1.04 KDR
    18,152 kills
    17,460 deaths
    1,382 games

We had a 6 player group last night and ripped through all in our path bring it on PS-****é!

***OHHHHHHHHH***:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Myself and Kev are mad for a team of 3 Steve. you'll have to apply haha :p;)

Haha! How many applicants have you got so far?:D I just checked and I have a positive k/d (1.16) but I don't play much PvP.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/overview/xbox/SteveDPirate

Merry was luring me into Skirmish a while back and it was fun. I've been out of the game for about a month so I'm gonna be rusty! Need to get some practice in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I chcked my stats and I've a .74 KD that includes playing 3 games of crucible with clan mates. Anything else has been solo and playing like a goon :D

0.97 on my warlock and 0.9 on my titan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Anyone on here gonna be playing trials and hoping/capable of going the whole way? Potentially looking for 1 more person to join us, we've 4 solid players but between work/study etc. we'd like to have another person to add to our list. We'd be fairly serious though

Ps4 for clarification

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

0.97 on my warlock and 0.9 on my titan.

That's.... that's a lot better than I was expecting :pac:

That's.... that's a lot better than I was expecting :pac:

Yep. I did really well at IB the previous round, but this week i SUCKED. So many horrible horrible games, especially with the titan. So many. My Warlock K/D actually improved over the month - though i think that was more down to Control matches we were playing last week.

Titan is orange, Warlock is white.

347663.jpg

On my Warlock I'm top 6% for assists per game! Stupid inability to finish them off myself!

PLus sometimes I have games like this: https://destinytracker.com/dg/2405559343

Anyone XB1 up for nightfall and weekly around 5.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Anyone XB1 up for nightfall and weekly around 5.30?

Yeah why not

thebag89 wrote: »
    Yeah why not

Should be outta work by 5, these 8-5 is a killer for my full time gaming job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Had a crap day at IB but took part in this nice "at the death" victory earlier. At the point they broke 19k we were saying how it was lost. Thankfully dude (I think) went and got A...

Nice to see that from the action side of things, I was just standing around checking my radar, listening to the mayhem all while glued to the score. Fantastic finish lads, well done.

Excellent IB, had some laugh most of the time, my most enjoyable IB to date by a long way. Gave my hunter his PvP debut on Saturday, decided to rock Bladedancer having not really used it much, not even in PvE. To say things did not go well would be an understatement, after finishing IB for the night jumped into CE to help out and only then did I discover that I should be using R1 and not R2 for the bladedancer, lesson learned. Sunday was Gunslinger day which was awesome, managed a couple of Breaker medals and took him to level 4.

New sweet gear for all my characters and got a new JH to drop, spent 52 motes for the perfect roll but no joy, have to wait for next time around, looking forward to it already. Now back to the grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Prison of elders teaser here

https://youtu.be/gUz8ajMDAmw

I saw some thrall, a weird servitor and a huge red cabal guy there. Looking forward to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I hope we can get some dedicated ToO teams going, it looks pretty awesome.

• Advertisement

A new patch incoming this week (maybe today) according to Reddit. Bringing in the spawn lock fix as well as other things such as doubling the crucible rewards.

Unfortunately, it is also going to fix the IB rank bug.... NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement