Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Watched the reveal, and as many other have said, Broman was really annoying. How, someone doing weird crap like that gets so popular via streaming is beyond me, but then I am an old man who doesn't understand why these kids watch others play games, when they can play themselves, and also why they won't get off my lawn!

Joking aside, the prison of elders looks interesting, and if they have enough variety in there random objectives and buffs/debuffs it could be fun.

Having said that, I don't think it makes up for a lack of a raid, but I remain to be convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

wes wrote: »
    Watched the reveal, and as many other have said, Broman was really annoying. How, someone doing weird crap like that gets so popular via streaming is beyond me, but then I am an old man who doesn't understand why these kids watch others play games, when they can play themselves, and also why they won't get off my lawn!

Joking aside, the prison of elders looks interesting, and if they have enough variety in there random objectives and buffs/debuffs it could be fun.

Having said that, I don't think it makes up for a lack of a raid, but I remain to be convinced.

I don't think it makes up for the lack of a raid but I think with the changes being made to the game economy that VoG and Crota will still be relevant to play - so along with those two, the nightfalls, the weeklies and some crucible, I think PoE will provide enough variation of stuff to do on a weekly basis. Crota Hard will also start to become easier so provide another part of the game to generally blast through.

I do think the game is going to run out of steam well before Comet in September, but I'm not convinced that is a bad thing or something that they could really have been expected to stop. Destiny has been an absolute timesink since it came out (imo) and to keep up that level of interaction for 12 solid months was always going to be unlikely, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

By mid-July most hardcore players will have gotten what they need from HoW (and Destiny overall) and will be taking an extended break I imagine. And that's not a bad thing for anyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    By mid-July most hardcore players will have gotten what they need from HoW (and Destiny overall) and will be taking an extended break I imagine. And that's not a bad thing for anyone involved.

Most people on my friends list had moved on about a month ago and now have all returned.
    It's like that Pacino scene in Godfather III

agreed - I'm currently only dipping in for some Control at the this point. But I may ramp it up for the next couple of weeks to build up my store of engrams. They won't decrypt post HoW launch to new items (the game has already decided what they are) but if I rank up the cryptarch with them after launch I might get some nice goodies.

Not sure if Vanguard/Cryptarch packages will roll based on when they are obtained or when they are taken from the Postmaster/decrypted so I am storing them too, just in case.

Also reckon I am going to want my glimmer at cap on launch - so I can quickly level up all my exotic weapons and armour.

• Advertisement

This is worth checking out, seems to sum it up well with nice visuals:

https://www.bungie.net/en/event/prisonofelders

EDIT: also apparently there will be 5 'story' missions instead of 3 in the TDB

Its-something.jpg

And don't forget about the secret Friday reveal tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Not sure if Vanguard/Cryptarch packages will roll based on when they are obtained or when they are taken from the Postmaster/decrypted so I am storing them too, just in case.

I think that they will decrypt to TDB level gear if they have been awarded already.
    I am in the process of getting my faction's rep close to levelling up - so that I can level them up using a few bounties after HoW drops. Also going to try and max out on marks so I buy some gear straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

nevelator wrote: »
    I think that they will decrypt to TDB level gear if they have been awarded already.
    I am in the process of getting my faction's rep close to levelling up - so that I can level them up using a few bounties after HoW drops. Also going to try and max out on marks so I buy some gear straight away.

Marks will be consigned to the history books when HoW drops.

Marks will be consigned to the history books when HoW drops.

You're thinking of Commendations

I would say that is likely just to be the full HoW trailer. People on Reddit were mentioning thats what it sounded like from what was said or shown at the end of the twitch - i didn't make it that far so don't know.

• Advertisement

I've read that cyptarch packages will likely decrypt to new stuff, but vanguard/cruicible stuff will be TDB stuff.

I would say that is likely just to be the full HoW trailer. People on Reddit were mentioning thats what it sounded like from what was said or shown at the end of the twitch - i didn't make it that far so don't know.

Ah yeah, I don't expect much, just a re-cap or maybe something on the Story/Crucible/Strike content.

Actually when you look back the amount of info throw at us over the 3 reveals, it's making The Dark Below look like a pi$$ take expansion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just saw this comment on Reddit - sums up yesterday's reveal.
    "Bromnigul! Silence his screams"

You're thinking of Commendations

Your right. My bad. I'll go back into the quiet corner.....

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A post on reddit, which was by no means 100% fact but more an interpretation of whats been released so far, seemed to suggest that all most drops after HoW will still be 36 light (apart from maybe lvl 35 Prison of Eldars maybe) and need to be upgraded with etheric light to reach 42 light.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A post on reddit, which was by no means 100% fact but more an interpretation of whats been released so far, seemed to suggest that all most drops after HoW will still be 36 light (apart from maybe lvl 35 Prison of Eldars maybe) and need to be upgraded with etheric light to reach 42 light.

Yeah, that seems to be true of what I've seen. The armour drops in ToO are 39 light, but the Egyptian armour pieces you can buy are 42. If I am not mistaken the vendor weapons shown were still 331 attack and needed to be ascended with Etheric Light to reach 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭johnnybucks

Just checking my facts and, no, Broman was not the first to clear VoG. He was the first VoG walkthrough video I watched though.

Oh, I should mention Ger joined Merry and I last night as we finished a Nightfall and he walked away with his 5th Gjallarhorn....... b@st@rd!!!!

What a class A motherfúckingJones C u next thuesday!

This is worth checking out, seems to sum it up well with nice visuals:

https://www.bungie.net/en/event/prisonofelders

EDIT: also apparently there will be 5 'story' missions instead of 3 in the TDB

Its-something.jpg

Is that twitch again? I dont think my body or mind can take that again.

Why are you all looking for reveals? Much better go in blind.
    Remember holloring and hooping down the hill at Crota's End, jumping on what looked like a bridge and plunging to my instant death.
    Then the darkness......

Is that twitch again? I dont think my body or mind can take that again.

No... we're safe now..... we're safe.... :(
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    Why are you all looking for reveals? Much better go in blind

I realised this today, wish I hadn't watched it now, Baldman aside

• Advertisement

No... we're safe now..... we're safe.... :(

I realised this today, wish I hadn't watched it now, Baldman aside

I'll never get the ugly bald man out of my nightmare, waking in the night from his screams.

I'd love the give me one good dig, or better yet I hope he falls over and cuts he knee real bad, like a nasty cut.:cool:

I hope he falls over and cuts he knee real bad, like a nasty cut.:cool:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You Monster

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You Monster

That's the way I roll!

Cormac, it's happened, snake head is selling Thunderlord. Go git some.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

It's Cormac's day today!!!

THUDERFCUKINGLORD!!!!!!

post-3948-0-02129200-1410304547.jpg?hc_location=ufi
    800789.gif

1311947643459.jpg

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Xur bought Thudderlord <<<<<< RNGearned Thunderlord....

CDBWhoop wrote: »

CNGAF :pac:

• Advertisement

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Welcome to Destiny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement