Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Gonna start leveling up Crucible on Monday (working nights all weekend) whats the best/quickest way to go about it ?

Is there a class item i should equip or do i just use any faction one ?

Whats the handiest mode for leveling up eg. Control/Skirmish/Rumble etc ?

And i take it Thorn/Red Death + Shotgun + Truth is the way to go ?

Thanks for the help once again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Gonna start leveling up Crucible on Monday (working nights all weekend) whats the best/quickest way to go about it ?

Is there a class item i should equip or do i just use any faction one ?

Whats the handiest mode for leveling up eg. Control/Skirmish/Rumble etc ?

And i take it Thorn/Red Death + Shotgun + Truth is the way to go ?

Thanks for the help once again :)

Wait until the patch on Tuesday. The crucible rep and marks rewards are being increased then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just watched the official trailer for house of wolves and noticed there only one strike. Is this a PS exclusive or for both platforms ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Both Platforms, The only thing playstation gets as an exclusive this time is a crucible map called Time Keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

HoW won't activate til around 5pm on the 19yh according to the weekly update

• Advertisement

What do you think of the new Lord of Wolves exotic shotgun?
    There is also an exotic fallen sidearm and an exotic fallen auto rifle. Another exotic primary fallen weapon is shown in the preview but isn't highlighted so I don't know what it is, looks like it could be another primary sniper though.

Seems that this time around the new HoW exotics will be added to the VoG and CE loot tables. That should keep people playing the raids for a while yet:D.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got my first gjallarhorn last night on VOG, got it from the chest after the drop and before the gorgons.

Now just need to get CE done today at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Seems that this time around the new HoW exotics will be added to the VoG and CE loot tables. That should keep people playing the raids for a while yet:D.

This is another good decision - it was a mistake not adding the Crota gear to the VoG loot tables in the last DLC. And with the CE crucible maps becoming available and the streamlining of the vendor and faction commendations it looks like they are getting it right in the How.

As the article says it will be interesting to see if they change the difficulty level in the raids or even add new ones.

Any Xbox one guys fancy running a few nightfalls later ? Might have a few games of crucible as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

That's a really badly worded article. The new Exotics won't drop in the old raids. What they meant was, Exotics will drop at the new 365 damage level in the old raids.

"Yep, they should drop at HoW Level too. Remember old Exotics can still be upgraded too."

That's a really badly worded article. The new Exotics won't drop in the old raids. What they meant was, Exotics will drop at the new 365 damage level in the old raids.

"Yep, they should drop at HoW Level too. Remember old Exotics can still be upgraded too."
    Yes they will. That line just specifies that the exotics will drop with the same attack level regardless of activity. Don't forget whed Dark Below dropped the VoG still only dropped old exotics at 300 instead of 331.
    When asked whether the Vault of Glass, or Crota's End Raid would drop House of Wolves level exotics the answer was a resounding yes.

Also it will be silly not to include the new exotic in the loot table as ascendant material is abot to become redundant due to the HoW weapons and armour not having upgrade nodes which will leave very little incentive to revisit VoG or CE if you have the Vex and the Crux.

Yes they will. That line just specifies that the exotics will drop with the same attack level regardless of activity. Don't forget whed Dark Below dropped the VoG still only dropped old exotics at 300 instead of 331.

and then they corrected that exotic level disparity in a patch - so it would be sensible to assume that they will continue that correction for the new expansion - exotic drops in VoG and CE will start at 331 with upgrade to 365.

Whether the new exotics that come with the expansion drop in VoG or CE is more in question. Can you get Dragons Breath or NLB from VoG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Any Xbox one guys fancy running a few nightfalls later ? Might have a few games of crucible as well.

I'll be on later ... around 7 if that's any use to you?

I'll be on later ... around 7 if that's any use to you?

Might be on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »

I'll be on around half 8 I'd say

thebag89 wrote: »
    I'll be on around half 8 I'd say

No worries. We have five on now playing crucible.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Anyone on PS4 have check points for HM Templar and/or HM Crota and interested in doing them tonight?
    GoosonStilts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

If one was to join the vault of glass at the Gorgons chest checkpoint before the reset on tuesday and then have another person join afterwards would the person who joined get loot?.The other person just leaves and come back then obviously.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If one was to join the vault of glass at the Gorgons chest checkpoint before the reset on tuesday and then have another person join afterwards would the person who joined get loot?.The other person just leaves and come back then obviously.

Yes.

You can join at the Gorgon bit and get the loot from the chest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

So I've had a Thunderlord that I was rewarded a few weeks ago sitting in my vault for the last few weeks. Is it really second only to Gallajhorn? Might have to go pick it up if that's true.

Stopped by Xur earlier. Got a helmet engram that turned out to be Achlyophage Symbiote, happy enough with that. Also bought Ruin Wings gauntlets for my Titan, they look amazing. Have all Crota raid armour, bar helmets for my Hunter and Warlock, plus raid boots for my little Titan. A good few days after more than a month away from Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I think it's really overhyped tbh, only ever touch mine during arc burns.

AdamD wrote: »
    I think it's really overhyped tbh, only ever touch mine during arc burns.

Agreed - in a way. for most activities I prefer the long rang devestation of a RL.

Thunderlord is, however, amazing fun and can be used almost like a sniper. Brilliant vs Atheon too, if you can remember to do the field scout/stability perk. Same for Phogoth.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have Thunderlord but never use it.

For PvP I usually have an exotic primary so it's out the window there, and for PvE I usually have a rocket launcher instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

When the Dark Below launched the days of "Shadow Price" and "The Devil You Know" were numbered and old pre-DLC weapons became coveted.

Now with HoW incoming, what guns do you think the people should buy, since they may not be available again?

I'd personally suggest Deviant Gravity-A, Against All Odds and Vanquisher VIII

Been hearing good things about Plug One.1, Coiled Hiss and Two to the Morgue also

What say you?

Cormac... wrote: »
    When the Dark Below launched the days of "Shadow Price" and "The Devil You Know" were numbered and old pre-DLC weapons became coveted.

Now with HoW incoming, what guns do you think the people should buy, since they may not be available again?

I'd personally suggest Deviant Gravity-A, Against All Odds and Vanquisher VIII

Been hearing good things about Plug One.1, Coiled Hiss and Two to the Morgue also

What say you?

Two to the Morgue is a good shotgun, but a Fellwinters Lie with a good roll beats it hands down.
    Plug One. 1 has an insane ohk range for a fusion rifle, even after the spread was increased.
    Can't say anything about Coiled Hiss as I've never used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

The range on Plug One.1 is ridiculous. Bad Juju is the only pulse rifle I have any use for. Jolders Hammer x 3 with all the rainbow burns have me sorted. Upgrading Found Verdict, Swordbreaker & Secret Handshake cover me in the shotgun department.

Think I'll just wait for the new stuff and cry for not getting some of the old stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I think Plug One is pretty good. Kept being rewarded them, so now my Titan has an Arc, Solar and Void Plug Ones. Plus two decent sniper rifles I can't remember the name of.

Looking forward to rocking 365 Shadow Price.

• Advertisement

Really want that new Dead Orbit scout rifle. It looks amazing, and has a nice default roll/perk. Unfortunately as I never liked Crucible all my factions are basically at zero - so trying to quickly level them up to 3 (assume you have to be at three to buy the weapons). Have FWC at around 2, and Dead Orbit just over 1 on a different character. Between 2 nightfalls/weeklies and bounties I reckon I'll get the level by wednesday next week.

I assume the Nightfall next week is going be a current strike - with the HoW DLC not hitting til 8 hours after reset.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement