Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,651 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looking forward to rocking 365 Shadow Price.

Been nerfed into oblivion though. Wouldn't worry about getting one anyway, the Trials AR looks just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Really want that new Dead Orbit scout rifle. It looks amazing, and has a nice default roll/perk. Unfortunately as I never liked Crucible all my factions are basically at zero - so trying to quickly level them up to 3 (assume you have to be at three to buy the weapons). Have FWC at around 2, and Dead Orbit just over 1 on a different character. Between 2 nightfalls/weeklies and bounties I reckon I'll get the level by wednesday next week.

I assume the Nightfall next week is going be a current strike - with the HoW DLC not hitting til 8 hours after reset.

I would say so on the Nightfall. Would probably be a good idea to hold off on doing the Nightfall until after HoW drops as well so that the new exotics and legendaries will be in the loot table.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,917 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Been nerfed into oblivion though. Wouldn't worry about getting one anyway, the Trials AR looks just as good.

I have a Shadow Price. I'd be shocked if I get anything other than humiliation from Trials...

I would say so on the Nightfall. Would probably be a good idea to hold off on doing the Nightfall until after HoW drops as well so that the new exotics and legendaries will be in the loot table.

Good point sniper... good point. WOuldn't want to miss out on a 365 Plan C or NLB!:pac: but yeah, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I got the Invection shotgun. Not only is it devastating but it's nice to look at too.
    Would like if the ammo recharge was a bit faster but at least you can still pick up ammo for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Hide & Seek 42 is my favourite shotgun. Have it with luck in the chamber, which helps with a 4 bullet mag.
    Deviant Gravity A is my favourite MG but I don't have Jolder's hammer.
    Scout - Fang of Ir Yut
    Sniper - IB (for the memories)
    Handcannon - Fatebringer / Thorn for PvP
    Launcher - anything other than the jellyhorn
    Fusion - Light of the Abyss
    Pulse - Red Death

imo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I can safely say I now love Crucible. After putting a little time into IB on my own last week and Control this week with a few of the lads I'm hooked.
    I've had some really good games and some poxy ones(4and20) buy I'm now averaging just over 3000 points per games and can finish in the top 3 most games.
    One game of note was team ****bag where we all equipped Thorns and ran around annoying the other team :) also had two games back to back were we beat the other team by over 11k and 12k points making both leave for the next game :)
    Looking forward to TOO more than POE now.

Fibre BB is great no more disconnects after 2 minutes into a game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Cormac... wrote: »
    When the Dark Below launched the days of "Shadow Price" and "The Devil You Know" were numbered and old pre-DLC weapons became coveted.

Now with HoW incoming, what guns do you think the people should buy, since they may not be available again?

I'd personally suggest Deviant Gravity-A, Against All Odds and Vanquisher VIII

Been hearing good things about Plug One.1, Coiled Hiss and Two to the Morgue also

What say you?

I'm not sure there are any standout weapons that I'd stock up on this side of HoW tbh. Plug One is a good all-rounder and Two to the morgue is a solid shotgun but they wouldn't be standout good in a fatebringer vex type of way.

Bungie have done a pretty good job with the weapon balance overall - with the obvious exception of the auto-rifle nerfs but we should see that patched soon enough I reckon.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I can safely say I now love Crucible. After putting a little time into IB on my own last week and Control this week with a few of the lads I'm hooked.
    I've had some really good games and some poxy ones(4and20) buy I'm now averaging just over 3000 points per games and can finish in the top 3 most games.
    One game of note was team ****bag where we all equipped Thorns and ran around annoying the other team :) also had two games back to back were we beat the other team by over 11k and 12k points making both leave for the next game :)
    Looking forward to TOO more than POE now.

Fibre BB is great no more disconnects after 2 minutes into a game :D

The Crucible bounties take longer than the Vanguard bounties but IMO are way more fun. I've always preferred the Crucible bounties.

I still haven't even got the achievement for the maximum weekly vanguard score.

awec wrote: »
    The Crucible bounties take longer than the Vanguard bounties but IMO are way more fun. I've always preferred the Crucible bounties.

I still haven't even got the achievement for the maximum weekly vanguard score.

IMO, you have to just do the vanguard bounties. They are almost separate to playing the game. You earn the crucible bounties while actually playing it.

For me, you are playing the game when you are playing with other people. When playing on your own (as I would when doing vanguard bounties) I am just grinding the game. (:o)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

IMO, you have to just do the vanguard bounties. They are almost separate to playing the game. You earn the crucible bounties while actually playing it.

For me, you are playing the game when you are playing with other people. When playing on your own (as I would when doing vanguard bounties) I am just grinding the game. (:o)

Yeah, +1 to this.

What I used to do was, even if i wasn't playing as a certain class that day, go to the tower anyway and grab generic crucible bounties, do this once or twice and you're sitting on 10 achievable bounties and play like 5 games on control and turn in 10 bounties

For example:
    Kill 25 of X Class (x 3)
    3 First Blood
    5 Postmortems
    5 Enforcers
    50 Assists
    20 Grenade Kills
    15 Super Kills
    15 Rocket Kills
    Play 5 Games of X
    Capture 10 Control Zones

Add in some Hand Cannon, Sniper Rifle or other specific weapon type ones and you're away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

emmetkenny wrote: »

That was fun alright... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Really want that new Dead Orbit scout rifle. It looks amazing, and has a nice default roll/perk. Unfortunately as I never liked Crucible all my factions are basically at zero - so trying to quickly level them up to 3 (assume you have to be at three to buy the weapons). Have FWC at around 2, and Dead Orbit just over 1 on a different character. Between 2 nightfalls/weeklies and bounties I reckon I'll get the level by wednesday next week.

I assume the Nightfall next week is going be a current strike - with the HoW DLC not hitting til 8 hours after reset.

Bungie have said all Nightfall, Weekly and Daily missions will be unavailable until after activation on the 19th. Safe to assume so that the NF will be the new strike.

1.2.0 going live today at reset isn't it?

This is apparently the note list - doubling the rewards for Crucible, along with adding legendaries to the drop table and daily crucible reward packages is great.

The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed
    Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities
    Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day
    Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match
    Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5
    Three maps from The Dark Below DLC will be available to all Crucible players in select playlists (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron)
    Fixed a bug where the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer would interrupt with White Nail
    Fixed a bug where a player leaving a game or an occurrence of host migration would result in players being unable to respawn
    Fixed a rare bug where if a player were to use a consumable it would reset their ammo
    Increased the percent chance to obtain rewards when playing crucible
    Players who preform at the top of their team in crucible have a greater chance of rewards as to those at the bottom
    Fixed a bug where the time between shots of the Black Hammer to activate White Nail was reduced
    Fixed a rare bug where a locked item could not be unlocked
    Reduced the amount of total ammo of the perk Double Down when combined with Field Scout
    Increased the percent chance of activating the perk Mulligan upon missing a shot
    Fixed a bug where players were able to obtain Iron Banner weapons according to the rank of their previous Iron Banner
    Changed the description of certain perks to be more fitting with their abilities
    Fixed a bug where a player would lose all ammo upon switching special weapons in the crucible
    Added reward packages for players who participate in the daily featured crucible activity for their first game
    Added Crucible maps from The Dark Below to the normal Crucible rotation for Control, Clash, Skirmish and Rumble. (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron)
    Fixed a bug where the perks on the Vex Mythoclast would occasionally fail to load
    Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons
    Fixed a rare bug which would prevent players wearing the Light Beyond Nemesis from being revived
    Fixed a rare bug where the Flawless Raider achievement would not show after completing it on Xbox One
    Fixed a rare bug where players would not be able to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur

Wow they just killed the Icebreaker:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

1.2.0 going live today at reset isn't it?

This is apparently the note list - doubling the rewards for Crucible, along with adding legendaries to the drop table and daily crucible reward packages is great.

The spawn locking issue currently affecting Iron Banner will be fixed
    Legendary items will be added to post-game reward tables for all Crucible activities
    Your first match in the daily featured Crucible activity will earn you a new reward package each day
    Reputation and Mark gains will double for each completed Crucible match
    Etheric Light has a chance of being included in Iron Banner reward packages for Rank 3 and Rank 5
    Three maps from The Dark Below DLC will be available to all Crucible players in select playlists (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron)
    Fixed a bug where the Hive Disruptor perk on the Black Hammer would interrupt with White Nail
    Fixed a bug where a player leaving a game or an occurrence of host migration would result in players being unable to respawn
    Fixed a rare bug where if a player were to use a consumable it would reset their ammo
    Increased the percent chance to obtain rewards when playing crucible
    Players who preform at the top of their team in crucible have a greater chance of rewards as to those at the bottom
    Fixed a bug where the time between shots of the Black Hammer to activate White Nail was reduced
    Fixed a rare bug where a locked item could not be unlocked
    Reduced the amount of total ammo of the perk Double Down when combined with Field Scout
    Increased the percent chance of activating the perk Mulligan upon missing a shot
    Fixed a bug where players were able to obtain Iron Banner weapons according to the rank of their previous Iron Banner
    Changed the description of certain perks to be more fitting with their abilities
    Fixed a bug where a player would lose all ammo upon switching special weapons in the crucible
    Added reward packages for players who participate in the daily featured crucible activity for their first game
    Added Crucible maps from The Dark Below to the normal Crucible rotation for Control, Clash, Skirmish and Rumble. (Pantheon, Skyshock and The Cauldron)
    Fixed a bug where the perks on the Vex Mythoclast would occasionally fail to load
    Fixed a bug which allowed players to manipulate ammo when equipping an Icebreaker and switching weapons
    Fixed a rare bug which would prevent players wearing the Light Beyond Nemesis from being revived
    Fixed a rare bug where the Flawless Raider achievement would not show after completing it on Xbox One
    Fixed a rare bug where players would not be able to purchase the Urn of Sacrifice from Xur

The patch doesn't go live until after 6pm according to the weekly update, same for HoW next week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If anyone was thinking of getting this on XB1 it's 50% off for the demo (:P) and 33% for the full game this week.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Wow they just killed the Icebreaker:(

WHAT?? What has happened to my beautiful IB?

The patch doesn't go live until after 6pm according to the weekly update, same for HoW next week.

What on earth is the point in having a weekly reset that you have out of sync to resets of the actual game?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

WHAT?? What has happened to my beautiful IB?

You can't use it to refill ammo on your other guns anymore, that's all I think. The gun itself is still good.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You can't use it to refill ammo on your other guns anymore, that's all I think. The gun itself is still good.

Ah yeah that's all I guess. I found that feature useful if you were soloing an ARC/Void NF.

Omnigul, Arc burn for Nightfall. No burn for the weekly... ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Omnigul, Arc burn for Nightfall. No burn for the weekly... ugh.

:confused:
    Twice now thats happened where the weeklies are repeated from 2 weeks previous.

All roads pointing to next week's weeklies being the new HoW strike, a-la Omnigul when TDB went live.

At least now I have 3 goes at checking out my brand new shiney Fatebringer (Really late to the club). Now if only Gjallahorn would drop I'd be happy.

----
    On a side note, the only Primaries I have with burns are from VoG. Have been very unlucky with drops from HM Crota. What's the general consensus? VoG over Crota? I'd like to have them for completions sake, but if there are any that are a must have (VoC / Fatebringer), what would they be? AR for the Wizard stun perk?

I swear you're pretty much guaranteed 1 gun per HM Crota run, at a minimum. The only one needed is Word of Crota (for void burns). Fang is a good gun but with Fatebringer being upgradeable its far from a necessity.

:confused:
    Twice now thats happened where the weeklies are repeated from 2 weeks previous.

All roads pointing to next week's weeklies being the new HoW strike, a-la Omnigul when TDB went live.

At least now I have 3 goes at checking out my brand new shiney Fatebringer (Really late to the club). Now if only Gjallahorn would drop I'd be happy.

----
    On a side note, the only Primaries I have with burns are from VoG. Have been very unlucky with drops from HM Crota. What's the general consensus? VoG over Crota? I'd like to have them for completions sake, but if there are any that are a must have (VoC / Fatebringer), what would they be? AR for the Wizard stun perk?
    when they are upped to 365, I would go Fatebringer over Word of Crota and Vision of Confluence over Fang of Ir Yut. Pulse Rifle from TDB though, I think. Don't think I have ever used the auto rifles from either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    I swear you're pretty much guaranteed 1 gun per HM Crota run, at a minimum. The only one needed is Word of Crota (for void burns). Fang is a good gun but with Fatebringer being upgradeable its far from a necessity.

That's what I thought too. Just been (very) unlucky I guess. I've only run it maybe 5 times from start, never completed. Have jumped in to Crota CP god knows how many times and never completed, so my track record isn't great with regards HM, plus by the time I get on in the evening / night, most everyone has already run the raid or are in the process, or just don't bother with it anymore due to having everything they need from it already.

That's what I thought too. Just been (very) unlucky I guess. I've only run it maybe 5 times from start, never completed. Have jumped in to Crota CP god knows how many times and never completed, so my track record isn't great with regards HM, plus by the time I get on in the evening / night, most everyone has already run the raid or are in the process, or just don't bother with it anymore due to having everything they need from it already.

Certain guns drop at certain points, the Pulse Rifle drops at the Abyss, the Auto Rifle after the bridge, Fang and Word drop after Crota. Worth bearing in mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mickeroo wrote: »

At least they're fixing the bug on your heavy weapon losing its ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yes they will. That line just specifies that the exotics will drop with the same attack level regardless of activity. Don't forget whed Dark Below dropped the VoG still only dropped old exotics at 300 instead of 331.

In relation to the new Exotics/old Raids discussion from the weekend...........

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/05/08/destinys-new-exotics-will-drop-in-old-missions

Despite the misleading URL (this time!), Bungie have confirmed new Exotics will not drop in the old Raids. Just like when TDB came out. The only change is that the gun level will increase from 331 to 365.

• Advertisement

At least they're fixing the bug on your heavy weapon losing its ammo.

That was fixed ages ago I thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement