Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,108 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm in - I'll use the hunter as I've run it with the warlock this week. But I'm around from half eight on.

I'm comfortable enough eith Atheon and the confluxes ... but I've never done the heavy lifting on the Templar and I'm sketchy on the route through the Gorgon maze.

Templar is the hardest bit of it if you ask me. NM to get the mechanics down I reckon...

Templar is not to bad. Just get one guy to jump down and leave everyone else up top to snipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I'm in - I'll use the hunter as I've run it with the warlock this week. But I'm around from half eight on.

I'm comfortable enough eith Atheon and the confluxes ... but I've never done the heavy lifting on the Templar and I'm sketchy on the route through the Gorgon maze.

Templar is the hardest bit of it if you ask me. NM to get the mechanics down I reckon...

I understand the mechanics of all of it...in theory. Have only been through VoG as far as the confluxes (twas on hard, I think I was 26 so I was basically a passenger and we only had 5 so couldn't progress overall). From my (limited) experience CE seems allot easier and certainly more straightforward.

Anyway, I understand the mechanics but presumably we'll all need a bit of practise coordinating Oracle management. As Emmet has said, the sniping tactic with the Templar seems straightforward enough (from youtube I hasten to add!) but the relic holder obviously has to be on top of their stuff.

The rest will all be virgin territory for me. Have watched the videos, know what to do in principle but there's gonna be trial and error to get it working.

I think I was kinda putting off VoG in earnest til I was tooled up as I could be so I could be sure of making a proper contribution. But at level 30, I've probably gone as far as I can go *without* doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

quad_red wrote: »
    Well - would ye be on for a run at it later? Eight or half eight?

Myself (30 titan), MerryDespot (31 hunter), yourself + 2 others. That would be five (some impressive maths there, I know).

Any elder Destiny god fancy assisting said group through VoG normal later?

I'll be on around then if ye need a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Thanks all for your patience with me there last week with the moving house, having no internet etc.

Got a Three Mobile Dongle and it actually seems to be doing to job of keeping me going until Sky put in the Fibre connection on Thursday.
    We were meant to have been moved out Friday, but I stayed sneakily in the old gaf so I could use the Broadband.
    Then Saturday I went to my mothers place to use her Eircom (non-fibre) broadband.... *shudder*
    Lost the plot on Sunday and bought the dongle and set it up.

As a result of the move and various connection issues (even had to use my iPhone as a hotspot for a time there) I have lots of stuff left before the reset to do.

Are you interested in doing any/some/all of the following this evening? (if so, let me know on PSN please
    • A Nightfall
    • Killing Crota on Normal Mode
    • Killing Atheon on Hard Mode
    • A Weekly Strike
    • A Weekly Strike with Funny hats

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Well - would ye be on for a run at it later? Eight or half eight?

Myself (30 titan), MerryDespot (31 hunter), yourself + 2 others. That would be five (some impressive maths there, I know).

Any elder Destiny god fancy assisting said group through VoG normal later?

I'd love to get in on this too if ye have space left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,936 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Thanks all for your patience with me there last week with the moving house, having no internet etc.

Got a Three Mobile Dongle and it actually seems to be doing to job of keeping me going until Sky put in the Fibre connection on Thursday.
    We were meant to have been moved out Friday, but I stayed sneakily in the old gaf so I could use the Broadband.
    Then Saturday I went to my mothers place to use her Eircom (non-fibre) broadband.... *shudder*

As a result of the move and various connection issues (even had to use my iPhone as a hotspot for a time there) I have lots of stuff left before the reset to do.

Are you interested in doing any/some/all of the following this evening? (if so, let me know on PSN please
    • A Nightfall
    • A Weekly Strike

I'll be looking to try to finish Crota on Hard. STILL have that damned CP from Tuesday last week! If I can't find 5 others for that I will run normal with my Hunter.

I'll be looking to try to finish Crota on Hard. STILL have that damned CP from Tuesday last week! If I can't find 5 others for that I will run normal with my Hunter.

If I didn't have a Nightfall and some weeklies etc and unpacking to do I'd happily do him on Hard...... but it just seems to end up being a total time sink.

I'm willing to write him off (Hard Mode wise) this week and just get the Normal drop so that next week I can return to normality and finally kill him.

One good thing to come out of the weekend was me getting LOTS of sword bearer practice while doing the Normal Crota Raid on my Hunter.

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I'd love to get in on this too if ye have space left

Well I think Steve messaged MerryDespot earlier saying he wasn't around.

So with myself, Despot, yourself and the Bag, that's four.

Anyone else up for a whack at VoG (normal) at half eight tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Well I think Steve messaged MerryDespot earlier saying he wasn't around.

So with myself, Despot, yourself and the Bag, that's four.

Anyone else up for a whack at VoG (normal) at half eight tonight?

Well, I said I might not be on. Definitely want to give VoG a try, but I'll have to see what the missus is doing later first. I'll message one of ye around 8 to let you know. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

In fairness I think Steve said he might not be around tonight but would be around tomorrow. (Edit - just spotted your post above Steve)

Bag - good to have you in man.

McSirl - good stuff!

I've yet to run VoG in sitting from start to finish ... I'm looking forward to this!

• Advertisement

Well, I said I might not be on. Definitely want to give VoG a try, but I'll have to see what the missus is doing later first. I'll message one of ye around 8 to let you know. Cheers.

Feel that pain! :)

Saw a guy on Reddit calling his Mrs the 'fat controller'.

Ala. Thomas the tank engine for those without kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

• A Nightfall
    • A Weekly Strike

I'll be up for completing the Atheon HM checkpoint - which we all got booted outta last night!!

I'd also help out in some of your other tasks if you're stuck for numbers.

Will be on about 7.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'll be on at 9.30 to finish Atheon from last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

VOG HM is glitching like a BIATCH the last two times I have done it. Took seasoned players nearly an 1 and a half hrs to do the conflux bit at the start with the glitches.

Vex teleporting from the very back of map right up to the conflux impossible to defend against. Also getting marked by the void when nothing around you!!! GRRRRRRR

Had to go to orbit 2-3 times to correct it.....

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    VOG HM is glitching like a BIATCH the last two times I have done it. Took seasoned players nearly an 1 and a half hrs to do the conflux bit at the start with the glitches.

Vex teleporting from the very back of map right up to the conflux impossible to defend against. Also getting marked by the void when nothing around you!!! GRRRRRRR

Had to go to orbit 2-3 times to correct it.....

Try changing hosts next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

^ Try changing hosts next time

Did ye finish last night?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Did ye finish last night?

Nah, I was one of only 4 players in the entire clan left in the game

#3MobileModemMasterRace :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Nah, I was one of only 4 players in the entire clan left in the game

#3MobileModemMasterRace :pac:

Yeah, we didn't get finished either. Ended up wrapping at the gatekeepers, will hopefully get it finished tonight.

Yeah, we didn't get finished either. Ended up wrapping at the gatekeepers, will hopefully get it finished tonight.

Jaysus, We overtook you guys quick sharp, we had no time wipes until Atheon!
    Next time you should bring No-Land-Beyond and "Get good scrub!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 galwaybigdog

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself.

Level 29 Titan.

Just after joining the clan (2). PSN ID is galwaybigdog

Been playing since the end of last year. Havn't done any of the raids/nightfall strikes. its become obvious that im missing out on a great bit of gameplay and all that sexy loot. Joined the clan to try and rectify that.

Unfortunately, i can only play the odd weekend when im back home but id love to get involved when im about.

Whats the best way to get involved? i cant seem to find any forums in the bungie clan group that organises raids/nightfall strikes, is it all organised from here?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,936 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself.

Level 29 Titan.

Been playing since the end of last year. Havn't done any of the raids/nightfall strikes. its become obvious that im missing out on a great bit of gameplay and all that sexy loot. Joined the clan to try and rectify that.

Unfortunately, i can only play the odd weekend when im back home but id love to get involved when im about.

Whats the best way to get involved? i cant seem to find any forums in the bungie clan group that organises raids/nightfall strikes, is it all organised from here?

Cheers.
    Add Cormac (GenericDreadHead) or myself (Conovar) or Sniper (Sniper_Samauri) as friends on PS4, we'll add you to the chat thread.

You can message into the chats when you are looking to do something or put your hand up when others are looking for help on stuff.

Cormac regularly enough sherpas people through the raids to get them used to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself.

Level 29 Titan.

Cheers.

Hey man, Welcome. If your able, download the PS App for iPhone/Android. Most of the organising goes on through the PSN messaging system. Very friendly/helpful bunch of people here. You won't be long rectifying your Raid cherry popping.

Cormac regularly enough sherpas people through the raids to get them used to them.

Yeah, add me (GenericDreadHead) there and I'll bring you on my "Cormac Drunkenly Guides Newbies through the Raid" run this week.... it's usually weekends.... but I'll message the interested parties this week and we'll see when suits most people... I'm hoping Friday evening or Sunday evening as I've a gig on Saturday...

Yeah, add me (GenericDreadHead) there and I'll bring you on my "Cormac Drunkenly Guides Newbies through the Raid" run this week.... it's usually weekends.... but I'll message the interested parties this week and we'll see when suits most people... I'm hoping Friday evening or Sunday evening as I've a gig on Saturday...

thanks for the welcome lads.

Might be a couple of weeks before im back to galway but i will definitely take you up on your offers then.

cant wait to get involved, great game despite some of its flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,609 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jaysus, We overtook you guys quick sharp, we had no time wipes until Atheon!
    Next time you should bring No-Land-Beyond and "Get good scrub!" :pac:

Yeah, as Wonda said the confluxes went pretty badly, didn't help that due to commitments one player had to leave, and then his replacement refused to join the party and communicate(he had a mic). Got through it pretty quickly when Knave joined though.

Party pretty much fell apart then after the Templar when Abuses had to leave to watch the handegg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

thanks for the welcome lads.

Might be a couple of weeks before im back to galway but i will definitely take you up on your offers then.

cant wait to get involved, great game despite some of its flaws.

Flaws? What flaws, pray tell.

Next Iron Banner :pac:

1: Make a party of 4 defender titans, and 2 hunters or warlocks.

2: Have the titans equip Crest of Alpha Lupi so the titans spawn 3 orbs per bubble shield, making it a total of 12 orbs (it takes approx. 7 orbs for a super)

3: Go in to Destiny PVP and wait for everyone to get their super

4: Group up and have the titans spawn their bubbles non stop (I recommend having armor, blessing, and weapons of light)

5: Have your hunters/warlocks grab orbs and kill any enemies around you.

6: Enjoy infinite supers

Cheers, lads.

Downloaded the app and sent a few friend requests.

thanks for the help.

Anyone stuck for armour materials (Hadronic Essence, Platsteel plating or Sapphire wire)?
    Try this:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2uel75/new_glimmer_farmlootcave/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Just wondering what weapons people use for the VOG HM? I have yet to do it - but want to have a decent set up when I do. From the gear I have levelled up I have the following setup:
    Primary: Vision of Confluence (300) or Another NiTC (331)
    Secondary: Void Peruns fire (300) or Ice Breaker (331)
    Heavy: Truth (331)

I have Praedyths Revenge & Black hammer but neither are levelled up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement