Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (See first post for details on joining boards.ie clan)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Still no Vex for me :( or no Gallahorn :(:(:(

After 8 months, still no G-Horn either, RNG despises me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

onlyTobes wrote: »

RNGesus is a dick :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Well SteveDPirate, there you go now, 2 fresh faced apple-cheeked newbies for you to guide into the Vault of Glass and beyond, there's your incentive now to play it :D

They'll be all like "Oh wow great, we killed Atheon, Yayyy!!! and I got a Vicegrips of Confluxes" and you're gonna be all like

a117099af09a89323ef056fcefc41fad.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

A guy I play with got G-Horn as a drop on his very first Nightfall. Jammy git.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you go here, you'll get a full list of all the X-Box One players gamertags: https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Xbox/118535

Cheers cormac, so just add most people on the list and see who is around to do whatever ?

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Cheers cormac, so just add most people on the list and see who is around to do whatever ?

Yeah, I can't really comment too much on the X-Box side as I'm on the PS4 side and we have a different set up (using group chat rooms etc) but I'm sure if you spend 10 mins to spam all the lads with Friends requests you'll find many of them online.

I'm sure Steve, Mick, Emmett, The Bag, etc will take you under their wings

I've heard Steve is chomping at the bit to find a reason to get stuck into the VoG

dar83 wrote: »
    A guy I play with got G-Horn as a drop on his very first Nightfall. Jammy git.

Played against someone on crucible who only used the shotgun and got it after the game , to say I was bitter is an understatement ha

Yeah, I can't really comment too much on the X-Box side as I'm on the PS4 side and we have a different set up (using group chat rooms etc) but I'm sure if you spend 10 mins to spam all the lads with Friends requests you'll find many of them online.

I've heard Steve is chomping at the bit to find a reason to get stuck into the VoG

Cheers, ha I hate the thought of spamming friend requests but I suppose it has to be done, funny enough I never fully won vog so would love to complete it

dar83 wrote: »
    I'm mainly a PvE player as I'm either completely rubbish at the crucible or it just plain sucks... I've gone with thinking the latter so far, as I surely can't be that bad... ahem... :P

Oh they ALL said that.... until Iron Banner converted them..... Now it's all they do....

The Crucible eventually takes over from the PvE endgame cause you can have fun in groups of 3-6 when Raiding is either too long or unrequired

Just ask like..... 60% of the PS Clan that avoided it like the Plague until recently....

Back in February it was just me and AbusesToilets.... now they fight over spots to play Control.... The savages

Then occasionally I'll finally get in a game with the exclusive feckers and I'll neckbeard them all to death with my reminiscing.

"Many people say you should try control A and B here.... but I refute that claim"
    *Nova Bombs a wall*

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Oh yeah, I'm mad for it!

Hococop V1 - I've added you already. I'll keep an eye out for you next time I'm on.

Dar83 - I couldn't find your gamertag. Can you post it here, or just add me on Live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Oh yeah, I'm mad for it!

Hococop V1 - I've added you already. I'll keep an eye out for you next time I'm on.

Dar83 - I couldn't find your gamertag. Can you post it here, or just add me on Live.

Gamertag is: Dar IE

I should be on shortly, just heading out of the office and home now for a session hopefully, once the GF heads out as planned. :)

Yea now that I'm back :) my GT on Xbox is TitianGerm. If we can get a few together tonight I wouldn't mind running through VOG.
    We did it start to finish the other day in about 20/30 minutes. No wipes except Johnny been himself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Well SteveDPirate, there you go now, 2 fresh faced apple-cheeked newbies for you to guide into the Vault of Glass and beyond, there's your incentive now to play it :D

They'll be all like "Oh wow great, we killed Atheon, Yayyy!!! and I got a Vicegrips of Confluxes" and you're gonna be all like

a117099af09a89323ef056fcefc41fad.jpg

You Kinderguardians grow up so fast!!

Best one was when AJ (an english lad I play with regularly) played through CE HM for the first time with us. When we beat Crota he says "I got something called Crux of Crota. What's that?" ON HIS FIRST RUN!! He didn't even have Husk of the Pit! He had it, thought it was useless and sharded it a few days previously.

We did it start to finish the other day in about 20/30 minutes. No wipes except Johnny been himself :P

Quickest you can physically do the VoG has got to be more like 45+ mins, sure even waiting for the Confluxes and Oracles to Spawn/Despawn would take like 20 mins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm on PS4 and haven't ever attempted (let alone finished) any of the raids. If any of ye are giving it a run through anytime and don't mind a noob tagging along my PSN is Totzire1

Should be up to lvl 31 tonight with my Warlock once I upgrade some armor.

I'm on PS4 and haven't ever attempted (let alone finished) any of the raids. If any of ye are giving it a run through anytime and don't mind a noob tagging along my PSN is Totzire1

Should be up to lvl 31 tonight with my Warlock once I upgrade some armor.

I can give you a hand if you like, though you may have been victim to the great "Friend Culling of Jan 2015" as I'm pretty sure you were on my list before.

I have to manually add everyone who joins/had joined the clan so eventually my friends list was a mess so I had to trim it, no offence, just it was gone well beyond the 200+ mark and trying to admin the chat rooms in that situation was a clusterfcuk. So I can re-add you and maybe we can get a Sherpa group going

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I can give you a hand if you like, though you may have been victim to the great "Friend Culling of Jan 2015" as I'm pretty sure you were on my list before.

I have to manually add everyone who joins/had joined the clan so eventually my friends list was a mess so I had to trim it, no offence, just it was gone well beyond the 200+ mark and trying to admin the chat rooms in that situation was a clusterfcuk. So I can re-add you and maybe we can get a Sherpa group going

Ha, no worries! TBH I had taken an extended break from the game anyway after getting stuck on lvl 25 with my Hunter. Got frustrated and stopped playing altogether sometime in December. Delved back into it a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be going much better for my Warlock. I even bought a Season Pass a few days ago so plan on hanging around for a while now. Crucible doesn't seem as intimidating as it did before either for some reason.

Would it be a better idea to wait until I reach lvl 32 before attempting the raids?

Would it be a better idea to wait until I reach lvl 32 before attempting the raids?

Nope, wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to either Hard Mode Vault of Glass or Normal Mode Crotas End tbh. In fact we should make an evening of it and do the 2 of them back to back! See if we can grab some more of the new guys

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HavelTRock

Let me know if you need bodies for that, Cormac.
    GooseonStilits

Quickest you can physically do the VoG has got to be more like 45+ mins, sure even waiting for the Confluxes and Oracles to Spawn/Despawn would take like 20 mins :pac:

Maybe I exaggerated a little :D

• Advertisement

HavelTRock wrote: »
    Let me know if you need bodies for that, Cormac.
    GooseonStilits

Oh well look who's back when it suits him huh! Eh?!?

Mr. First Name on the Team Sheet for the Drunken Raids who then proceeds to Lambast me for like 4 hours Straight because I'm a Loud Drunken Idiot.

Well.....

You should really have your name shortened Goosey.

Or should I say MFNOTTSFTDRWTPTLMFL4HSBIALDI
    Maybe I exaggerated a little :D

As men, this is what we do :cool:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Update on 1.2.0
    Good morning, Guardians (or afternoon or evening, wherever you are).

I've spoken with the finest minds at Bungie about Update 1.2.0 just moments ago. They're working to correct a late-breaking technical issue that would have impacted the way the game launches for a large portion of you. Progress is being made.

We'll be sharing new details on the deployment schedule that leads to House of Wolves as soon as they become facts. At the very least, you'll hear from me once a day about this. Hang in there, and thank you for your patience.

DeeJ, out

Quote:
    Good morning, Guardians (or afternoon or evening, wherever you are).

I've spoken with the finest minds at Bungie about Update 1.2.0 just moments ago. They're working to correct a late-breaking technical issue that would have impacted the way the game launches for a large portion of you. Progress is being made.

We'll be sharing new details on the deployment schedule that leads to House of Wolves as soon as they become facts. At the very least, you'll hear from me once a day about this. Hang in there, and thank you for your patience.

DeeJ, out

I blame Bromnigul, must be a lot of perforated eardrums at Bungie HQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,913 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i reckon we should get a Boards Clan colour scheme going for our Raids and PVP runs.... WHO IS WITH ME!?

Also, suggestions on shaders and emblems required! Obviously Iron Banner times overrule clan co-ordination...

Broadsword (from Eva)
    Polar Oak (from Eva)
    The Ointment (Drops I think?)

The are all green based one.

For Blue/While (Boards....)

Artic Proxy
    Double Banshee

^ All of these will look like utter muck with my Hunters New Monarchy Red Cloak.

Also I don't use Eva shaders as I'm never that flush with glimmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

We could go old school with Chatterwhite. :cool:
    i reckon we should get a Boards Clan colour scheme going for our Raids and PVP runs.... WHO IS WITH ME!?

Do we have different colours for the two clans???

Clan 1 - Chatterwhite
    Clan 2 - Thunderdevil

Doing a VoG run, Chatterwhite.
    Doing Crota run, Cryptographic
    PVP, Beowulf

Can't wear Chatterwhite anymore, full of chocolate stains.

My hunter is a Snickers whore.

Also, suggestions on shaders and emblems required! Obviously Iron Banner times overrule clan co-ordination...

Broadsword (from Eva)
    Polar Oak (from Eva)
    The Ointment (Drops I think?)

The are all green based one.

For Blue/While (Boards....)

Artic Proxy
    Double Banshee

I reckon we should change our clan name too.
    Irish boards clan is pretty boring, how about "Cormac's Drunken Raiders Club" :D

I reckon we should change our clan name too.
    Irish boards clan is pretty boring, how about "Cormac's Drunken Raiders Club" :D

I'll run it past Fieldog :pac:

I had to change it from "Boards Official IE Clan" as whenever I played with PuGs I was asked "What's an Internet Explorer Clan"? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I had to change it from "Boards Official IE Clan" as whenever I played with PuGs I was asked "What's an Internet Explorer Clan"? :o

Should have said it's because we all still use Windows 95.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement